Options

Mormons are fucking prompt

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    So, people who were atheists go to the Outer Darkness, or people who have actually seen God and decided that he wasn't for them?
    Outer Darkness sounds pretty rad. I'm so there.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    okay, let's see...mother teresa, gandhi, the inventor of pringles...alright, youre all on the list, get to the upper heaven.

whoa whoa whoa. hitler? charles manson? the inventor of hot pockets? fuck you guys, get your asses back to the lower heaven!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    So, people who were atheists go to the Outer Darkness, or people who have actually seen God and decided that he wasn't for them?
    Outer Darkness sounds pretty rad. I'm so there.

I'll bet Steve McQueen is there.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Houk wrote: »
    okay, let's see...mother teresa, gandhi, the inventor of pringles...alright, youre all on the list, get to the upper heaven.

whoa whoa whoa. hitler? charles manson? the inventor of hot pockets? fuck you guys, get your asses back to the lower heaven!

Unless Mother Teresa and Gandhi don't accept the doctrine of the Mormon church. Can't speak for the pringles guy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    In the Outer Darkness you get to do heroin with Dee Dee Ramone for eternity

Sign my ass up

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Goddammit guys, you make Satan sound way more awesome. I could spin around in a circle here and probably find the next anti-christ.

Keep it up, men. And women.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    just wait till you hear about how women are treated, it is delightful.

even perfectly righteous women can't get into the highest tier of heaven unless she is sealed to a worthy priesthood holder. yaaaay

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Belruel wrote: »

even perfectly righteous women can't get into the highest tier of heaven unless she is sealed to a worthy priesthood holder. yaaaay

It makes me want to punch a priesthood holder whenever I hear this. Well, one besides myself.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Bel, you should come hang out with me and Dublo and Steve McQueen.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bel, you should come hang out with me and Dublo and Steve McQueen.
    and there's a pretty good chance ronnie james dio will be there

dio!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Jimmy Hendrix is there, count me in.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Guys, I'll bet the Outer Darkness is really dark.

We'd have to hold hands, all the time.

The Outer Darkness just keeps getting better and better the more I think about it.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Gross oversimplification. And it's not just for women, it's for all people. This can be through marriage or just by having your children sealed to you. Once again this can also be done by proxy.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    have you guys heard about all the mess the mormon church is in regarding the funds they provided for the yes on 8 campaign, and accurately recording how much they gave and where? they lied so bad and got caught red handed

link
    The report, filed with the secretary of state's office, listed a variety of California travel expenses for high-ranking members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and included $20,575 for use of facilities and equipment at the church's Salt Lake City headquarters and a $96,849 charge for "compensated staff time" for church employees who worked on matters pertaining to Prop. 8.

[...]

Up until Friday, the Mormon church had denied any direct financial support for the campaign beyond a reported $2,078 spent for bringing church Elder L. Whitney Clayton to California.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Seriously if all the dead rock dudes that I liked were chilling in the Outer Darkness I would turn my back on god instantly

Know who else is there

Paul Newman

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    oh yeah, I forgot about the Mormons and that whole Prop 8 deal.

Double fuck those guys.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    phonehand remember when we were bros

what even happened

satansfingers on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dude, Lean Pockets are awesome. I'll not have you hating on their savory goodness.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    have you guys heard about all the mess the mormon church is in regarding the funds they provided for the yes on 8 campaign, and accurately recording how much they gave and where? they lied so bad and got caught red handed

link
    The report, filed with the secretary of state's office, listed a variety of California travel expenses for high-ranking members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and included $20,575 for use of facilities and equipment at the church's Salt Lake City headquarters and a $96,849 charge for "compensated staff time" for church employees who worked on matters pertaining to Prop. 8.

[...]

Up until Friday, the Mormon church had denied any direct financial support for the campaign beyond a reported $2,078 spent for bringing church Elder L. Whitney Clayton to California.
    They were only off by about 100 times what they actually spent. Not so bad. Really, ideally, the church should lose it's tax-exempt status over this shit.

Actually, that's a lie. Ideally, people should stop going to the church altogether and disavow it completely in retaliation for them ruining the fucking Boy Scouts. If the whole fucking church doesn't go straight to hell for that, there's no justice in the universe.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    how did they ruin boy scouts

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

link

[...]

They were only off by about 100 times what they actually spent. Not so bad. Really, ideally, the church should lose it's tax-exempt status over this shit.

Actually, that's a lie. Ideally, people should stop going to the church altogether and disavow it completely in retaliation for them ruining the fucking Boy Scouts. If the whole fucking church doesn't go straight to hell for that, there's no justice in the universe.

you know what the members did instead of being angry? they gave millions of dollars to help the cause, and when the lie came to light went 'oh well! God's will was done'

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    phonehand remember when we were bros

what even happened

I dunno, bro. I act like a dick most of the time but it's all fun and games. I think you are hella.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

they generally run the boy scout troops in most areas now. i remember when my dad's calling for the church was to run the weeblos troop here

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    They basically took over the national organization (and a large portion of the local organizations) who didn't give a shit about religion or politics, and turned it into a bunch of Christoholic bigots; they no longer allow people who are openly atheist or openly gay in the group. Why? Well, because the Mormon Church consists primarily of very nice, close-minded bigoted douchebags.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    They basically took over the national organization (and a large portion of the local organizations) who didn't give a shit about religion or politics, and turned it into a bunch of Christoholic bigots; they no longer allow people who are openly atheist or openly gay in the group. Why? Well, because the Mormon Church consists primarily of very nice, close-minded bigoted douchebags.

oh

ok

fuck them

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You are just angry that your scout leader didn't prefer you to the other young boys

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    you know what the members did instead of being angry? they gave millions of dollars to help the cause, and when the lie came to light went 'oh well! God's will was done'
    Honesty and integrity are only important when you're not hating gays.

When you are hating gays, you're encouraged to lie to people and do whatever it takes, because there's nothing God hates more than faggots.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i say it is time for the scouts to rise up overthrow the crazy mormon bigot overlords rabble rabble burn their houses

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Where does the Mormon church stand on David Archuleta?

I want to know if it is wrong for me to be listening to Crush so much.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

When you are hating gays, you're encouraged to lie to people and do whatever it takes, because there's nothing God hates more than faggots.

do you get off knowing that thousands and thousands of non-mormon voters voted for prop 8
    does that make you hot
    i bet it doesn't

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Phonehand wrote: »

do you get off knowing that thousands and thousands of non-mormon voters voted for prop 8
    does that make you hot
    i bet it doesn't

and that makes the mormon church's efforts to get it passed ok?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

does that make you hot
    i bet it doesn't
    Over half of the financial support and a shit-ton (certainly a majority, likely much more) of the groundwork done for Prop 8 came from the Mormon Church. They're a group that people are hugely prejudiced against, largely on the basis of their marriage practices. You'd expect them to be sympathetic, rather than huge, bigoted douchebags. Well, at least, you would if they weren't insane cultists.

And they may not have made up a majority of the voters, but if it weren't for them, and their ridiculously hypocritical willingness to lie through their teeth and do whatever it takes to get it passed, it wouldn't be law today. But hey, you know, at least the church knows where its priorities are at. Lucky that in the Book of Mormon, the ninth commandment is "don't be gay," instead of "thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor," eh?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    and the fact that the mormon church was what tipped the scales most likely, and that many many people voted for it out of retarded knee-jerk reaction to being told their kids would be taught buttsex in school

i mean, i was called because the church still has my number on their call lists, and they told my dad our family's names were going down on a list of dissenters being sent to utah because we were voting no.

they were threatening their members with a cessation of blessings over this

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

does that make you hot
    i bet it doesn't

and that makes the mormon church's efforts to get it passed ok?

I could get started on the leadership of the church. It's really a large part of the reason I no longer attend. They are entitled to an opinion. One which should not have been made so public. It was really stupid and the church leaders will never make an attempt to correct that mistake. But you are naive if you think they were the difference maker.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    and the fact that the mormon church was what tipped the scales most likely, and that many many people voted for it out of retarded knee-jerk reaction to being told their kids would be taught buttsex in school

i mean, i was called because the church still has my number on their call lists, and they told my dad our family's names were going down on a list of dissenters being sent to utah because we were voting no.

I guess that's a Bad Thing for Mormons?

Short version of why, please, fuck you Phonehand I don't give a shit if something is incorrect as long as I get the gist

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, the LDS really fucked over the Boy Scouts. I was lucky I was attached to a Methodist troop, despite being a Catholic, and religion wasn't a huge issue. It was all just sorta "we all believe in God so we coo'"

But reading some of the practices the LDS put into effect, mostly after I left Scouting, made me rather glad my brother never took it up. I had some great times going camping with a bunch of boys, staying up late and building fires and cooking on stoves and making desert in dutch ovens and all that wholesome shit, but Goddamn, when the Mormons started altering scout doctrine to line up with their systems... it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I knew kids who made legit Eagle. They were always about sixteen or seventeen, having been in scouting for a minimum of five years, climbed up those ranks getting merit badges on their own or at camps, doing some serious projects. To help with one of the projects we redid an entire length of trail over in Eastern Washington, made stairs and shit on one of the tougher areas, planted native shrubs along switchbacks, widened and reinforced dangerous areas, all that shit. That was so one kid could make Eagle. Another worked his ass off and finally made the cut just before he turned 18. He also carried his younger brother up the last leg to the summit of Mt. Rainier rather than leave him behind when our troop made the climb (I was sick, still regret to this day that I didn't go.)

Out of our troop we had four kids who made Eagle in the time I was there, out of about 20 or so scouts.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I point to Faggytoes' post Phonehand

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

A lot of people did a lot of really sleazy and underhanded things so let's blame the church as a whole.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I guess that's a Bad Thing for Mormons?

Short version of why, please, fuck you Phonehand I don't give a shit if something is incorrect as long as I get the gist

Oh dear yes as long as you get a good idea you shouldn't care about fact-checking

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The point is that Scouting used to be cool before it became Jesus Camp 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
This discussion has been closed.