As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 Buttoneers: Too late now, hope you got yours!

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll take one of the remaining Bizarro buttons. I was going to call Stormy, but dammit I'm too late! Perhaps Marco?

As far as a design for mine, I may use one similar to what I did last year because I really like it, but I'll see what I can come up with. I may have a bonus one this year too. :D

One other thing, if anybody still needs help, I will offer my services to do what I can, just PM me.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Holy bah-juu-boo! I am gone for like 13 hours and there is a billion-and-a-half folks already in line for this.

Redy!!! You should make some stipulations for repeated buttons.

Say, if they do wanna have them as their avatar buttons and create a new-but-smaller-in-quantity set for the folks that did the button last year (someone totally mentioned this, but I cannot remember who) or have it as their bonus button (i.e. emorimiku's awesome zoidberg-kirby.)

MeeOk: I would heart you forever if you do the Cheshire.

Also, Redy....the LHH was the square button and all fill-in-blank's HH will always be square and a quantity of 14, that's what makes it uber-doober special.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JonnyNero:
    We should do limited edition Bad Horse badges, with all of us. Maybe make it a gotta catch 'em all type thing?

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    tehnakki wrote: »
    Ooo, I'd love to be part of the Bizzaro Buttons, if there's still one up for grabs Moe!

I have no bloody idea what I want to do for my buttons >___< I think it be creepy for a bunch of people to have my face on their chest... or somewhere on their persons.

I'm sure it's less creepy than us having our face on your chest.

redhalo on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have no bloody idea what I want to do for my buttons >___< I think it be creepy for a bunch of people to have my face on their chest... or somewhere on their persons.
    I'm probably going to wear my buttons on the maille lanyard I'm making... does that make it less creepy?

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    HAklownerHAklowner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    if it picks up as much as last year did then it may need to be in excess of 10 ft long this year emu :P

HAklowner on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    JonnyNero:
    We should do limited edition Bad Horse badges, with all of us. Maybe make it a gotta catch 'em all type thing?

I'll talk to Tony and Sake, I'd be down, would this be for personal buttons? Or bonus buttons?

OH! And should the special circumstances be a bad horse of someone, either a secret snipe of us? Or we determine who they need to do it to?

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    JonnyNero:

That would be great!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Theros: that BC buttons is absolutely epic! :)

Trotsky (hopefully you see this?): any news on our button idea? We should start sketching something methinks.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Weeee buttons this year I will have them.

Googalash on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

MeeOk: I would heart you forever if you do the Cheshire.

Welllll that's what I'm planning on doing. I actually have gotten BrokenAngel to help me out with this. :) I'm going to have my handle on it in a simple and easy to read script on it too. <3

MeeOk on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll be doing this this year, need to start working on my designs.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm... last year I had the traditional blue Infinity Squared for my button... should I go with the easy option of the alternate red Infinity Squared or think of something different? I still have plenty of Phalla bonus buttons from last year, so I won't need to restock on those. Looks like we're off to a good start this year!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am ashamed I missed the first page this year. I am totally in on this again. New icon incoming.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Ooo, I'd love to be part of the Bizzaro Buttons, if there's still one up for grabs Moe!

I'm sure it's less creepy than us having our face on your chest.

I knew someone was gonna say that the second I clicked post :P But this gave me a bit of an idea yay!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Another discussion point, what is everyone using to attach buttons to this year? I saw many a sachels run out of space last year, and no one can dispute the stylishness of Cuzza's scarf. I think I'm going to try to make some kind of PAX dedicated kutte.

*bows* The scarf has been retired to my living room wall with all fo the buttons attached (will take a pic of it this weekend), for this year I was joking at the end of last year I would have to go with a hotel bathrobe for 2009's buttons, but I might just go with some form of long robeish deal, just two long pieces of fabric that go over my shoulders and join together on my back. Will take the weight off my neck and onto my shoulders, thats what kinda hurt me last year.
    3) I have a few candidates in mind for the ______'s Heterosexual Harem. Nothing is final, yet.

I hope one of those candidates in mind is Khoo. "Robert Khoo's Heterosexual Harem" has an awesome ring to it. Just have a picture of Khoo in a suit on it. Winner.
    shugarae wrote: »
    50x bonus buttons for people who can somehow prove that they got my button last year (show me the button, remind me of the circumstances of our meeting, something like that).

I have yours! It would be here on row 6, column 4 :D I have no idea how we met because most of these button trades were a complete blur and at times I didn't even see the person trading with me, all i saw was a hand with a button in it.

Button designs are in the works. I think I may have MANY buttons this year. Last year I had about 170 and left with only 2 of each (one for me, one for the designer of them).

CuZZa on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I may have to come up with a button design this year. I'm not sure about using Dora the hamster though.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Im finally getting used to using a tablet, button designs here i come.

Azazel on
  • Options
    meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I missed out on this last year, so I will definitely take part this year :):)

The cogs! They TURN!

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I too missed out on the joy that comes with button trading. Not this year though.

@Blarney: I like the red background. It is quite striking if I do say so myself.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Really regretted not participating last year:

My old standby Avatar will serve as my normal button:
    donottrust.JPG
    Me, The visionary, circa 2004.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa: You're in my brain, stealing my clues. Khoo is a fellow candidate. Candidates are actually all males this year.

I will think on all of them. ...All five of them...

Blarney, Dearie: I'm sure it isn't either of the two, but your Avatar-Boy looks like Charles Nelson Riley....or '70s Elton John.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    EvilBadman, your avatar text inspires me.
    boat1.jpg

AltDelete on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »
    EvilBadman, your avatar text inspires me.
    boat1.jpg
    I was thinking of something like this since there's a PAX event possibly involving a boat happening...

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    [Mr]Skadoosh[Mr]Skadoosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like the tan
    but the purple
    its iffy
    PAXbuttoncopy.jpg

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    3 more
    i just filled alot of it with black
    because anything outside of the dotted line wont show anyways
    Panda_Revolution_button2.jpg
    Panda_Revolution_III_button.jpg
    Panda_Revolution_IV_button.jpg

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    [Mr]Skadoosh: Those are amazing.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i dono, i might just get 50 of each of the designs
    that or 200 of just one design

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    lol Wes any of those could work well, as long as you don't mind having the watermarks on them, because they each have one. I also gotta say that gray/blue you showed me last night looks better then that purple, the purple kinda stands out a lot IMO.

but good work. :P

EDIT: curse you for posting while I was posting! XD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    and i really dont mind the watermarks
    on an 1.5'' circle... i dont think you will notice them

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The first one you could if you looked close enough, the second one you probably wouldn't see anything, but I think the third one you would.
    It should still be fine though

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    3rd isnt my fave
    but the watermark almost goes with the design

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My button :)
    paxbuttontemplatemeloncvd8.png
    I have this cast of tofu that take on personalities, and when they go in the fryer, the come out deliriously happy.

Now to wait until the date for PAX is closer so I can order it and not have it laying around taking up space in my room for these long, long, winter months D:

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My button :)
    paxbuttontemplatemeloncvd8.png
    I have this cast of tofu that take on personalities, and when they go in the fryer, the come out deliriously happy.

Now to wait until the date for PAX is closer so I can order it and not have it laying around taking up space in my room for these long, long, winter months D:

...Now I have "Killer-Tofu" in my head.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    shugarae wrote: »
    50x bonus buttons for people who can somehow prove that they got my button last year (show me the button, remind me of the circumstances of our meeting, something like that).

I have yours! It would be here on row 6, column 4 :D I have no idea how we met because most of these button trades were a complete blur and at times I didn't even see the person trading with me, all i saw was a hand with a button in it.

Haha, good enough for me ;) You, sir, shall have a bonus button!

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Count me in again. I have too many left over from past year. I won't be ordering as many this time. Maybe... :)

Any one else get funny questions from TSA? They had to scan my bag twice on the trip home. Got asked if I was a coin collector! I told them that they were buttons and that I was at that convention. "Oh, that convention", they said. That seemed to explain it for him. I think he thought that they were shirt buttons...

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Count me in again. I have too many left over from past year. I won't be ordering as many this time. Maybe... :)

Any one else get funny questions from TSA? They had to scan my bag twice on the trip home. Got asked if I was a coin collector! I told them that they were buttons and that I was at that convention. "Oh, that convention", they said. That seemed to explain it for him. I think he thought that they were shirt buttons...

I had a handful of my buttons in my DS bag and they didn't say anything about it. ...Of course that was when I was going to Seattle and I went out of SFO.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    For now I'm thinking of just using a slightly altered version of the button I used last year. If I ever come up with anything else, I'll post it. I'm also thinking of a type of bonus button or two, but can't come up with good enough designs yet.

Slightly revised button!
    PAX09-Button1.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I thought I should add a background to my Avatar Button....
    Template09.jpg

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If I made a button it would probably be something like this...
    Pax09Button.png

Oh yeah. I went there.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
This discussion has been closed.