As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Purpose Transformers thread: {NSF56K}Reaching the Omega Point

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I laughed.

captaink on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Neli wrote: »
    because it is

so dumb?

So is typing that sentence like that, what's your point?

Schide on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dumb things should be exposed

so they don't happen again

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the reason i thought it was so fucking awful is because it's an incredibly stupid joke that totally destroys any kind of intensity or urgency the scene might have had before it
    it's very difficult to feel like the giant robots that are blowing the fuck up out of everything are intimidating, scary, villainous or even to be taken seriously at all when you make it the butt of a balls joke in the middle of the penultimate action sequence

Snork on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    why do any of you care enough about this movie to continue to fight this foolish war

at this point you'll be arguing 'til all are one

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Neli wrote: »
    dumb things should be exposed

so they don't happen again

you assume people learn from their mistakes

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm just suprised really

I mean, I thought the first one was pretty mediocre, but the stuff you guys tell me about this second one really seems a bit unreal. It just sounds too dumb

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    why do any of you care enough about this movie to continue to fight this foolish war

it's no longer about the movie for most people i think

it's about the war

Snork on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ya but at one point in the movie
    Bumblebee grabs a robot cat by its tail and its head and proceeds to rip the cats entire skin from its spine
    Kind of like Pyramid head did
    That is awesome

Franko on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, I'm not gonna pay money to see this. Just tell me, how hard did they fuck up Soundwave?

Not at all.
    He doesn't get into any fights, because he's taken the form of a satellite in Earth orbit. He uses this privileged position to get critical information, and even "ejects" Ravage, who performs a hit-and-fade attack on the human/Autobot base while simultaneously unleashing the Insecticons to steal the Allspark fragment.

He has Frank Welker's voice, but it doesn't take that musical monotone; just the "Doctor Klaw" thing without any sort of augmentation.

In addition, he can subvert other satellites by attaching his tentacles to them. Oh, and he has tentacles.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Snork wrote: »

it's about the war

It's not an argument anymore.

It's a motherfucking war.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Radius wrote: »
    Snork wrote: »

it's about the war

It's not an argument anymore.

It's a motherfucking war.

uhhh

SOME SHALL STAND, SOME SHALL FALL

i know its one/one, but there are more than two people here

i call the side with the most explosions

Joolander on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Idea for third movie:

There's a massive, planet-sized Asteroid labeled UNCRON-1, with Cybertronian origins, and it's headed on a collision coarse to Earth. Agent Simmons is recruited to field a team to fight against this threat from outer space. He seeks out his old Sector Seven teammates, who are all coincidentally working on an oil rig in the Pacific. Together with a team of wacky Autobot scientists who may or may not depict stereotypical nerdy prepubescent geeks of a robot, they create a manned vehicle which will be dropped from a shuttle onto the asteroid, and Simmons and his team will plant a few nukes up it's ass, blow it to shit, and fist pound their way home.

Also, explosions. Lots of them.

What? No, it's completely original. Shut the fuck up.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can all the comic relief characters get stuck on the asteroid when it gets nuked and die horribly? I would pay to see that.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Idea for third movie:

There's a massive, planet-sized Asteroid labeled UNCRON-1, with Cybertronian origins, and it's headed on a collision coarse to Earth. Agent Simmons is recruited to field a team to fight against this threat from outer space. He seeks out his old Sector Seven teammates, who are all coincidentally working on an oil rig in the Pacific. Together with a team of wacky Autobot scientists who may or may not depict stereotypical nerdy prepubescent geeks of a robot, they create a manned vehicle which will be dropped from Autobot Astrotrain onto the asteroid, and Simmons and his team will plant a few nukes up it's ass, blow it to shit, and fist pound their way home.

fixed

Joolander on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    Idea for third movie:

There's a massive, planet-sized Asteroid labeled UNCRON-1, with Cybertronian origins, and it's headed on a collision coarse to Earth. Agent Simmons is recruited to field a team to fight against this threat from outer space. He seeks out his old Sector Seven teammates, who are all coincidentally working on an oil rig in the Pacific. Together with a team of wacky Autobot scientists who may or may not depict stereotypical nerdy prepubescent geeks of a robot, they create a manned vehicle which will be dropped from Autobot Astrotrain onto the asteroid, and Simmons and his team will plant a few nukes up it's ass, blow it to shit, and fist pound their way home.

fixed

Good God man! GENIUS!

Screw Bay, let's make movies together! I'll get the fireworks!

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Idea for third movie:

There's a massive, planet-sized Asteroid labeled UNCRON-1, with Cybertronian origins, and it's headed on a collision coarse to Earth. Agent Simmons is recruited to field a team to fight against this threat from outer space. He seeks out his old Sector Seven teammates, who are all coincidentally working on an oil rig in the Pacific. Together with a team of wacky Autobot scientists who may or may not depict stereotypical nerdy prepubescent geeks of a robot, they create a manned vehicle which will be dropped from Autobot Sky Lynx onto the asteroid, and Simmons and his team will plant a few nukes up it's ass, blow it to shit, and fist pound their way home.

fixed

What? I'm not jealous i missed the chance to make the Astrotrain joke first, shut up.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm curious to what kind of artistic masterpiece you think someone is capable of making out of a movie called "transformers"

Well if you remove ... Bernie Mac... story the first movie is in fact quite good.

what the hell?

His scenes were stupid and pointless. I could excise him and the movie makes sense.

I like Bernie god rest his soul but even he admitted he only did movies for the paycheck.

I love how removing him makes me a racist though. Way to raise the bar guys.

i like how you assumed i was calling you racist

seriously, i liked that scene.

Pointless? maybe
    funny? definately

honestly, i dont think it detracted from the movie at all

You didn't call me racist CaptainK takes that honor.

I still feel it was pointless I probably would have left it in simply because of Bernie Mac but he really phoned the performance in.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Idea for third movie:

fixed

except that Astrotrain's a Decepticon

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    which is why i prefaced it with "Autobot", since i don't think a decepticon would help destroy an asteroid hurtling toward earth

also, it fits in with Hollywood's usual bastardizations

keep up with me, CD

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    but why would you do that when Sky Lynx is a perfectly good character

especially when you could have a space battle between Sky Lynx and Astrotrain

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I paused when I heard you say Sky Lynx is a good character

but then I read the second sentence, and it was good

wait, no, we have all six of the original Triple Changers redesigned for the third film, and the two unused ones added in as well.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, it turned out Springer wasn't in ROTF after all, huh?

That sucked.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    what the hell was sky lynx anyway

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    what the hell was sky lynx anyway

a space shuttle with a payload that turned into a bird/pterodactyl and a sabertooth tiger that was arrogant as could be

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sky Lynx was a toy originally developed for an entirely different franchise which was repurposed as a Transformer

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    seems like it

he looks kind of like he should be a zord

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sky Lynx was a toy originally developed for an entirely different franchise which was repurposed as a Transformer

but then it turned out Takara owned his and Omega Supreme's molds, and they finally released them as transformers in Japan this decade

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    seems like it

and that is why astrotrain is better

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    but Sky Lynx is hilarious though because he is so arrogant

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm curious to what kind of artistic masterpiece you think someone is capable of making out of a movie called "transformers"

Well if you remove ... Bernie Mac... story the first movie is in fact quite good.

what the hell?

His scenes were stupid and pointless. I could excise him and the movie makes sense.

I like Bernie god rest his soul but even he admitted he only did movies for the paycheck.

Pointless? maybe
    funny? definately

I still feel it was pointless I probably would have left it in simply because of Bernie Mac but he really phoned the performance in.

I don't actually think so but I gotta try it.

You have to admit that Bernie Mac is one of those guys that seems to get on "casual" racists' nerves. Or did :(

captaink on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone play the game? I hear it is better than the first and actually fun

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

but then it turned out Takara owned his and Omega Supreme's molds, and they finally released them as transformers in Japan this decade

And that's how I got my own new complete in box Omega Supreme, 22 years after I first got him for my birthday.

Sky Lynx is a pretty crappy toy so screw him.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I picked it up for the pc. it's fun. it's got a weird control scheme though.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    seems like it

and that is why astrotrain is better

Please, Astrotrain is nothing more than the decepticon's version of public transit and you know it.

Sky Lynx? Sky Lynx brought WWJD back and replaced Jesus with himself.

Look at the first qoute.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    captaink wrote: »

what the hell?

Pointless? maybe
    funny? definately

I don't actually think so but I gotta try it.

You have to admit that Bernie Mac is one of those guys that seems to get on "casual" racists' nerves. Or did :(

His humor was specifically oriented towards the black lifestyle in general. I don't recall any of his material ever branching out into other areas.

He did hire Carlos Mencia for the pilot of his TV show though so he definitely wasn't perfect.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i dunno, i found Mac quite hilarious and applicable to my life in many cases. as you should be able to tell by my username, im not really of the darker persuasion

carlos mencia is terrible though

Joolander on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh man this was a good movie.

I will never ever read an SE++ movie thread before I see it again though, because, goddamn does all your complainin' color my impression of a movie.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    so disappointed in you

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I will never ever read an SE++ movie thread before I see it again though, because, goddamn does all your complainin' color my impression of a movie.
    I recommend this for most things that don't require a significant investment of time and/or money.

Hacksaw on