As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Purpose Transformers thread: {NSF56K}Reaching the Omega Point

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the easy way out is just to not buy any ROTF figures and say it's because Michael Bay gets 8% of the sales of the toys and you don't want to give that hack any more money than he already has

Do you realize how crazy it is that you know how much money Bay gets off toy sales and have a moral reaction to such information.

august on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    august wrote: »
    the easy way out is just to not buy any ROTF figures and say it's because Michael Bay gets 8% of the sales of the toys and you don't want to give that hack any more money than he already has

Do you realize how crazy it is that you know how much money Bay gets off toy sales and have a moral reaction to such information.

It's from an interview in Forbes magazine, you know.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So does everyone in this thread still hate this movie?

Because I just saw it today and thought it was okay. A lot of the juvenille humor could stand to be removed, and the twins were too over the top at times, but nothing caused me to outright hate the movie.

I laughed at scenes, the action was enjoyable, and overall I was entertained.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    FlatEric wrote: »
    So does everyone in this thread still hate this movie?

Because I just saw it today and thought it was okay. A lot of the juvenille humor could stand to be removed, and the twins were too over the top at times, but nothing caused me to outright hate the movie.

I laughed at scenes, the action was enjoyable, and overall I was entertained.

I liked the movie as well. True, I wish they didn't have certain characters enter and leave the movie so quietly, but it was otherwise fine. Seeing Optimus for the first time in the movie left me with a big smile on my face. As for the Twins...you know what? Screw the politically-correct haters. They were fun to watch. I hope they pop back in the third movie.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I liked the first one. This one was just boring. I can take some lameness and crudeness and bit of a poor plot, but it got to a stage where it was so bad I just didnt care anymore, and that stage happened really early on.

It wasnt fun, I was more impressed with the small amount of time the transformers spent onscreen in the first than all the CG they could pack into this one.

T2 compared to Bad Boys 2 a lot, and thats accurate in a way - Bad Boys 1 was tolerable, brief and a bit of fun, Bad Boys 2 was none of those things, and all the action in the world cant make me enjoy it, same with transformers 2.

Prohass on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whoa whoa whoa, we're talking about Bad Boys 2 here. Bad Boys 2. Is anything really that bad?

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just saw it this weekend in IMAX. Totally worth the money as far as I'm concerned. I can see why people woul dhate it, but I'm not one of those people. I enjoyed the fuck out of the movie.

The forest scene, Starscream and Megatron actually being characterized, the plot (yes I said the plot, I didn't see all the plotholes that everyone seems to be bitching about, I guess that makes me stupid right?) the twins which I didn't find racist, and Jetfire. All awesome.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ronzo wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    QUESTION:
    was the thing that the insecticons combine into based on anything?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Perhaps in the script they have a specific name for it.

well
    i thought it was kind of a homage to the tape deck transformers seeing as how it was flat, but that might have been looking too much into it

I immediately thought of this thing, but I'm almost certain it wouldn't have been a reference that obscure.

There were a couple of things in that movie I took as references that probably weren't.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The only plothole was
    why go 3000 miles to college without the super hot girlfriend you obviously have feelings for? What, aren't there community colleges or anything in your area? If you're banging Megan Fox, be happy with that. You don't go off to college and just leave that behind. Also you don't leave behind your bitching Camaro that also turns into a giant fucking robot. Regardless of the college rules, you take that with you.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    The only plothole was
    why go 3000 miles to college without the super hot girlfriend you obviously have feelings for? What, aren't there community colleges or anything in your area? If you're banging Megan Fox, be happy with that. You don't go off to college and just leave that behind. Also you don't leave behind your bitching Camaro that also turns into a giant fucking robot. Regardless of the college rules, you take that with you.

Also
    Why insist on having a normal life when you could be out tranvelling the world hunting down and brutally murdering dozens of evil giant fucking robots. That kinda shit beats college any day of the week, and you probably get paid quite handsomly to do it too

Reigner on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The guy who plays Sam's dad should be in more stuff.

Weaver on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    he was in small soldiers!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    He was in Hot Shots.

Hunter on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    QUESTION:
    was the thing that the insecticons combine into based on anything?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Perhaps in the script they have a specific name for it.
    He was called "Reedman" in the credits.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "the only plothole"

Ahahahahahahahaaa!

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The only plothole was
    Exactly. Why didn't Sam just take him and tell him to drive around while he's in class or something? Maybe park up somewhere? I mean it's not like someone's going to just up and steal your sentient alien death machine.

I'm kind of wondering if it was supposed to be Sam giving him a kick out the door to join the other Bots fighting with NEST. Which in the much better moving in my head is exactly what would have happened, and we would have seen him, like, twice before the end credits as Lennox and Epps chase Decepticons all over the world and are fighting a political battle with CIA dude

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DarkHawke wrote: »
    The only plothole was
    Exactly. Why didn't Sam just take him and tell him to drive around while he's in class or something? Maybe park up somewhere? I mean it's not like someone's going to just up and steal your sentient alien death machine.

I'm kind of wondering if it was supposed to be Sam giving him a kick out the door to join the other Bots fighting with NEST. Which in the much better moving in my head is exactly what would have happened, and we would have seen him, like, twice before the end credits as Lennox and Epps chase Decepticons all over the world and are fighting a political battle with CIA dude

I thought that too, but
    Bumblebee made his choice to remain guardian, and Optimus Prime knew shit was still up with Decepticons because they kept finding them. Sam still needed a guardian. If Bumblebee did get bored, it's not like Iron Hide or the other sports car one that was there couldn't switch out for a month or two. I'm sure Sam wouldn't complain about trading out a kickass Camaro for a kickass truck or another sweet sports car.

It was written in with him going off to college for some TEH DRAMAZ but it was just stupid. Even with all the alien sentient robots, I personally would not move 3000 miles away from the hot ass girlfriend when all she needed was a few months to get her dad up and running after he got out of jail. Especially when after you saved the world together. You would think the government would pay for your college education to get you on board with the whole secret alien robots and your direct involvment with them. It's not like you had to worry if she could afford college or get Stafford Loans.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Basically what we are saying is that a movie about that NEST team would have been way better, right

Because it would

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't like that everyone is totally cool with of this radiation exposure.

Weaver on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Basically what we are saying is that a movie about that NEST team would have been way better, right

Because it would

It's like they took a good movie and put a shit movie in the middle of it.

DarkHawke on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I mean, I had a lot of fun watching this movie, don't get me wrong

But I will take a NEST movie over a Shia-LeBoeuf-can't-say-he-loves-Megan-Fox movie any day of the week

did they ever say what NEST stands for?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The hot chick decepticon reminded me of the twins from matrix reloaded cause of the dreads

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

But I will take a NEST movie over a Shia-LeBoeuf-can't-say-he-loves-Megan-Fox movie any day of the week

Yeah the beginning NEST scene, the Forest Scene and any scene with Megatron and Starscream was the best stuff in the movie.

More of all of that for TF3 please.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Networked Elements: Supporters and Transformers[1], Nonbiological Extraterrestrial Species Treaty[2] or Nonbiological Extraterrestrial Species Team[

Weaver on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    The third movie has to have the Dinobots damn it

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    so why were the bots in the blue pods not able to survive?

Weaver on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Lack of Energon

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

National-Extraterrestrial Strike Team was my best guess without looking. Since TFwiki's not working and I have to go to work, I can't check.

EDIT: Beat'd.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I miss the cop car from the first movie because that bot was brutal

Weaver on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know, the autobot twins become a lot more bearable when you realize they are the two delinquints in mission hill (griffo and c-dog)

ronzo on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blankspace wrote: »

only if Jeff Goldblum agrees to a cameo

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Life will find a way.

see317 on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    blank if they do the dinobots

they have to do the predacons too

gonna see some dinobots vs predaking action

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    blank if they do the dinobots

they have to do the predacons too

gonna see some dinobots vs predaking action

I'd like to see the Dinobots fight a repaired Devistator.

Then I'd like to see the Aerial Bots vs the Stunticons with giant, combined robot action.

Hunter on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Transformers 4 better be a remake of the episode where Grimlock becomes a genius and creates the Technobots if the Dinobots are in the third one

Wanna see me some computron

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd like 10% of this movie's profits

I mean $201 million yeesh

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Army General : You're implying that a group composed entirely of robot dinosaurs will... breed?
    Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I want to straight see Starscream cut a bitch

Weaver on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    I miss the cop car from the first movie because that bot was brutal

barricade was the illest

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Transformers 4 better be a remake of the episode where Grimlock becomes a genius and creates the Technobots if the Dinobots are in the third one

Wanna see me some computron

hahaha

grimlock is such a moron

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif