As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm bringing sexy [CHAT]

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That'll teach you to be motivated!

Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its like you're driving away while you're screaming it... :(

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    That'll teach you to be motivated!

Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its like you're driving away while you're screaming it... :(

It would be worth moving to Puerto Rico just to be able to, while you are standing astonished in the street in your obscenely tight and garish 80's-style exercise wardrobe, to drive up in a beatup pickup truck with a like-minded cackling doofus at that moment, hurl the aforementioned abuse, and then drive off into the distance, leaving you coughing in our dust.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *yawn* G'night everyone. :zzz:

Flay on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Goodnight Flay, sleep well.

So this weekend, while waiting for a delayed train and staring off into space, I found myself utterly disgusted with the UK and our corrupt and out of touch politicians, our always late and crap public transport systems, and our accelerating chav and youth-crime culture, as well as the frustrations of my job, etc. etc.

and I turned to my wife and said "Let's move to New Zealand. It looks nice there."

Not entirely sure whether I actually meant it or not, I now find myself reading up on VISAs, the NZ housing market and the other ins and outs of what is required of relocating. Perhaps I mean business after all...

Do any AC regulars hail from New Zealand?

Grenn on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    mully wrote: »
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    Sharing wisdom teeth stories, eh?

Well, I...

um...I...still have mine.

i still have mine, too
    except that one is growing in sideways
    so like, the top of the tooth, bottom row, is growing towards my tongue
    weird to see in the xrays

Yeah, at least one of mine is about that crooked; apparently if I don't get them out, they'll end up making my other teeth crooked or something. I'm calling their bluff on that one, though.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, my appointment was at 8:30. I got my shots at 8:45, and after about ten minutes of numbing time, it took five minutes to pry the teeth out, then they told me I could pay far more than should be required for thirty minutes and go home. I'm still numb and every once in a while I go and drain my mouth, but overall I think I was dreading it a little much. Sorry I don't have an interesting story to add to youse guyses. Maybe I'll get infected or something and part two can amuse you.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holy shit I have two weeks left. AUGHAGHAH!

I can't wait for this to be over. MAN, I have missed summer soooooo muuuuch! Can't wait to go gymming and have warm nights and go biking and be outside and go hiking and have bonfires and go SWIMMIN's and run amok with mah friends. *GASP* and pick wild raspberries! Wahooooo!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well, my appointment was at 8:30. I got my shots at 8:45, and after about ten minutes of numbing time, it took five minutes to pry the teeth out, then they told me I could pay far more than should be required for thirty minutes and go home. I'm still numb and every once in a while I go and drain my mouth, but overall I think I was dreading it a little much. Sorry I don't have an interesting story to add to youse guyses. Maybe I'll get infected or something and part two can amuse you.

Yeah, go for it; stick some rancid meat in your mouth for a couple hours or something; I need entertainment.

I can't wait for this to be over. MAN, I have missed summer soooooo muuuuch! Can't wait to go gymming and have warm nights and go biking and be outside and go hiking and have bonfires and go SWIMMIN's and run amok with mah friends. *GASP* and pick wild raspberries! Wahooooo!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for summer, too; I've started to get a bit homesick towards the end of this year, if only for things like 24-hour grocers, and hamburgers. And my friends.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ugh. The numbness is slowly being replaced by an ache, but only in my gums. The rest of my face remains frustratingly unresponsive.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You can use that opportunity for some cheap at-home plastic surgery; want a cleft chin?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

SPRING BREAAAAAK.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    PROX wrote: »

SPRING BREAAAAAK.

Oww!

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

SPRING BREAAAAAK.

Oww!

aa25log-splitter-accident2-large.jpg

PROX on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I...don't get it...

EDIT: Never mind, now I do. And you should be ashamed...
    :lol:

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I've heard that the LotR sets are all still in place and that some people walk the trail to Mordor and stuff. Does anyone know if this is true? My inner-super nerd desperately wants to partake, but my computer scientist self says that sunlight and effort are eeeevil.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't know if all the 'sets' are there, but obviously many of the locations are. Hobbiton, for instance, is actually a farm and you can go and stay there and do other touristy stuff.

Give me a few years to sort stuff out and when I live there I can confirm things properly. :P

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Woo! that's coincidentally exactly how much time I'll need to save the money to go and do awesome stuff.

Edit: I also just got my tax refund! Woo!

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wait, wait, Hobbiton with all its little hobbit holes is still there?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Apparently there is also an Old Zealand.

PROX on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Apparently there is also an Old Zealand.

:|

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hi!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey Forbe. Whatcha up to?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Liberry. No interweb so I have to use a public terminal.

Also, I found a brown recluse when cleaning my house.

Talk to you all later.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Liberry. No interweb so I have to use a public terminal.

Also, I found a brown recluse when cleaning my house.

Talk to you all later.

I imagined forbe hitting the submit button just before an eight foot tall spider pounced on him and then they rolled away wrestling, which makes this the most epic post ever.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Does the spider have a beard?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, but it's the fake strap-on kind.

EDIT: On a side note, MT, it's been week one for a while now, hasn't it?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I haven't really gained any weight.... :(

I blame it all on Bacon's lack of support. His constant put downs are like arrows in my heart. My little bacon-broken heart.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So eat more bacon. It makes lots of people gain weight!

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's times like yesterday where I am really, really glad I went to Canada.

Godfather on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Grenn wrote: »
    I don't know if all the 'sets' are there, but obviously many of the locations are. Hobbiton, for instance, is actually a farm and you can go and stay there and do other touristy stuff.

Give me a few years to sort stuff out and when I live there I can confirm things properly. :P

Yeah, I heard that they had to take most of it down. Would be pretty cool to visit some of the sets that are still there though, if that's true! It would make the nerd in me extremely happy. :P
    24-hour grocers

YES.

The grocery store here is open until midnight, which isn't that bad...but everything else closes very very early. The CVS is only open here until SIX! That's every day, not just on Sunday.

But man, it is super nice to have a 24-hr grocery store. Also, a grocery store that actually pays attention to the sell-by dates and whatnot. There's so much borderline-inedible, or completely inedible food at the grocery store here. I don't get it!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    At least that's every day, though; I love Spain, really I do, but aside from their siestas (from two to five), there's also every Sunday, and any important religious holiday, where there's only a handful of stores open at all (and nothing store-wise open after around 12:30). On the bright side, I'm not a very picky eater, so as long as there are crappy microwave dinners available here and there, I'm usually not up too big a creek. Most of the time.

It's probably going to get worse next year, though; I'm going to try living in the tiny town my school's at (population: 3300ish), which will save me a load on rent and transportation, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to learn to stock up a lot more regularly.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Everything in town is closed by 6 PM and nothing is open on Sundays. Okay, churches are open on Sundays, but they don't provide me with either liquor or food.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You can't make the rounds at all the churches that give wine and bread?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We only have one catholic church.

And they give grape juice.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Your Catholic church gives grape juice? Is that even allowed? I was pretty sure it was Canon Law or something for communion to be wine...

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know it's time to think about shaving your beard/mustache when you can't even eat a bowl of cereal without thinking you've got a hair in your mouth with each spoonful.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    That was my haircut/shave point back in college; I'd gone a year and a half without a haircut, and about 9 months without shaving to get there.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it's been about a year for me. It's really starting to get bad now. I'm not usually the type to give a fuck what I look like, but even I'm starting to question if my hair levels are appropriate for the workplace. My boss calls me Abraham.

I'm going to shave it soon though, mostly just because the weather demands it. The shitty thing is that at least my crazy wild hair covers up my thinning scalp and receding hairline. I wont have anything to hide behind anymore!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I haven't shaved in three weeks and people are just now starting to compare my facial hair to Shaggy of Scooby Doo fame.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
This discussion has been closed.