As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm bringing sexy [CHAT]

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pious, how was the date?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    no_toast wrote: »
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Wow, going through Phacebook, I'm realizing how many people's names from high school I've already forgotten. I recognize their faces, but can't remember their names until I read them. Surprising!

the maximum amount of names I remembered before even graduating was uhh four people

Average people usually can't keep more than 150 social relationships alive at the same time. It's just that we run out of brain capacity. Hey, I learned something useful at school!

Seeing as how I'm usually the one who acts like the adult in most of my circles of friends, I can't even imagine the arguments, petty feuds, and general stupid shit having 150 friends would cause.

Yeah, the term social relationship is kinda hazy but it doesn't refer to a friend. If I remember correctly the average amount of "friends" was around 15-20 and for close friends 3-5.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I have maybe 4 people whom I would do anything for. Those guys are my friends, but one in particular I would take a bullet for, then several other bullets of varying calibers.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I must be one of a handful that didn't actually dig Scott Pilgrim.

I wanna give it a fair shot and read it, but it doesn't smell like my cup of soup. At least, Campion's gigantic OP in the SE thread didn't have anything compelling in it for me.

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    meeee?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, going through Phacebook, I'm realizing how many people's names from high school I've already forgotten. I recognize their faces, but can't remember their names until I read them. Surprising!

the maximum amount of names I remembered before even graduating was uhh four people

Average people usually can't keep more than 150 social relationships alive at the same time. It's just that we run out of brain capacity. Hey, I learned something useful at school!

Seeing as how I'm usually the one who acts like the adult in most of my circles of friends, I can't even imagine the arguments, petty feuds, and general stupid shit having 150 friends would cause.

Yeah, the term social relationship is kinda hazy but it doesn't refer to a friend. If I remember correctly the average amount of "friends" was around 15-20 and for close friends 3-5.

Oh, well that certainly makes it a lot easier. I still probably only have "social relationships" with about 30-40 people.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I say we force facebook to restrict the number of friends to 150 because of this theory!

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    meeee?

Somehow I feel MT would be much more likely to give you a bullet than take one for you. Then again MT's mind is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    meeee?

Somehow I feel MT would be much more likely to give you a bullet than take one for you. Then again MT's mind is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles.

Stuffed in an awkward middle aged man.

PROX on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man....I hope people don't start shooting at my friends or I am going to have some tough decisions to make.

rts on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Man....I hope people don't start shooting at my friends or I am going to have some tough decisions to make.

uh

what

Tam on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have a very small group of my closest friends - no more than 5. Handful of "good" friends, maybe a dozen or so....and a huuuuuge number of "friendly acquaintances". Sometimes I wish I had a larger number of best friends, especially when none of our schedules are working out and I'm left alone and bored...but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up close friendships with like 10 people. It'd be exhausting. I'm not sure how some people do it. In the end, I think "5 or fewer" is a comfortable number for the close friendships I have. Not like that's a concrete number that won't change...but over the years, that's just what's ended up being how many "very close friends" I have.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    meeee?

Wrapped in peperoni.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    meeee?

Wrapped in peperoni.

...and thrown into the ocean to sleep with the fishies.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    cakemikz wrote: »

uh

what

Talking about people you'd take a bullet for.

There are two people in the world I'd take a bullet for, and a third for whom taking a bullet would probably be worse than if he was shot. He's a big guy.

Actually, I guess there's only one person in the world I'd take a bullet for. I used to think I'd take one for my best friend, but I love my wife too much to allow myself to take a bullet for anyone else.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    meeee?

Wrapped in peperoni.

Wait a minute, when you say sleep, do you mean to rest with them... or... you know.... intercourse?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Wait a minute, when you say sleep, do you mean to rest with them... or... you know.... intercourse?

I meant like die or "rest" with them, but ya know it is possible you would try and fuck your way to freedom.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    :winky:

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Motherfucking gay fish.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey, crawdad. when did you say people can come to hang out to your grande Spanish villa?

Unnecessary edit: Fish dicks.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I laughed way too hard at these last posts. Good thing I'm alone at the office.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey, crawdad. when did you say people can come to hang out to your grande Spanish villa?

Unnecessary edit: Fish dicks.

Heh, well; if you're looking to do so sometime in the next couple months, you're out of luck; I'm heading back home in the middle of June. But! I come back mid- to late-September, and will be there until at least the end of May. In other words, you'd have a place to stay any time during the school year next year.

Though I will say that it's not likely to very closely resemble a villa; I'll likely be living in a very small town, an hour or so away from a major city.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We had an interesting class today, in my Anthropology course.

We're discussing the topics of religion, myth and superstition...there's a girl in the class who's a Fibers major, and was making a voodoo doll in one of her projects. She was making it from spanish moss, which is extremely common in Savannah. She's pretty religious, and mentioned how she was a little afraid about making the voodoo doll, and didn't want anything bad to happen (she'd also been told that spanish moss is apparently very powerful, especially for voodoo dolls). She mentioned how she was considering visiting some people in New Orleans to help her out if she got in "too deep".

The professor and a few students in class proceeded to give her advice on how to keep the doll separate from herself, and how to avoid imbuing the doll with any of herself...(i.e., not having any emotion towards the outcome of the doll, or her grade on the project, or being worried that the doll may become "real").

They also warned her against throwing it out if she ever became attached to it...and if she did become attached to it, how she must never get rid of the doll. The professor assured her that if that were to happen, though, there are rituals that can be performed to release that connection, if it were to develop.

An interesting class!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    thats a good word

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    We had an interesting class today, wherein we all yanked a dumb girl's chain the entire time.

Sounds like fun.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    We had an interesting class today, wherein we all yanked a dumb girl's chain the entire time.

Sounds like fun.

the proper term is interesting bacon, god

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    When you put it like that, it does sound like fun.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That looks so effortless, yet if I tried it I don't think I'd ever be able to walk again.

In other news: Finally a peak at the sequel to Shadow of the Colossus! And it looks magnificent! Hooray for games that are fun!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mods!
    my thread is seemingly approaching page 50
    will it be locked at that point?

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Depends. Is it going to start sucking in the next 4 pages?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Depends. Is it going to start sucking in the next 4 pages?

man it's sucked forever.

i assume i'll just keep posting art
    the way i do

...so .... maybe?

we can shut it down if it does something shitty to the forums to keep it going, it doesn't really affect me much, though i have grown somewhat attached to it
    have any other individual artist threads reached 50 pages?

beavotron on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Not in my time, it could well be uncharted territory we are sailing into here.
    I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm not even sure the 50+ page thread screwing things up issue even exists anymore, I think we generally prune threads out of 'tradition'/'hundred+ page threads are annoying to go through' reasons nowadays.

But maybe I'm wrong!

< (worst mod ever)

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i can just ask tube

i know they can definitely go to 100 cause they do in se.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I don't know about that AoB; Mars is a pretty terrible mod.
    Please don't hurt me.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sometimes banks can be awesome too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDPkZakPU4

Mustang on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    In other news: Finally a peak at the sequel to Shadow of the Colossus! And it looks magnificent! Hooray for games that are fun!

Oh, my...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

bombardier on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    there's no software reason for things to be locked at 100 anymore, but it keeps things from calcifying so that newbies don't have to wade through 200+ page threads to get caught up so that they can contribute

still, 50 has always struck me as arbitrarily short

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It's a tradition

nothing a liberal like you would understand

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.