As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Character Screenshot Thread 8: Screenshot Harder

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Might has really become super awesome

It is kind of amazing

also killdozer is aces

Arch on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    also jeepguy never stop posting champions pictures

maybe one day i will post more of mine

Arch on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes, more robots will make me like CO screenshots more. Carry on!

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well since people seemed to like Killdozer (and really, he's very polite, thoughtful, and friendly being Canadian and all) I mashed the old screenshot button a few (many) times while playing this morning and picked out a few decent ones.

First off: Killdozer is a 90% conversion cyborg. He's really sensitive about the word "robot" and it's probably the best way to end up on his bad side, other than being a villain.

th_kill_dozer4.jpg

th_kill_dozer3.jpg

And being on Killdozer's bad side is a very unhealthy passtime.

th_kill_dozer2.jpg

th_kill_dozer1.jpg

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This thread would do well with a healthy dose of killdozer every day. In fact, I'm prescribing it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    Yes, but how does he look in Formalwear?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yes, but how does he look in Formalwear?

What's formal wear? Killdozer is the official spokesperson for the Canadian National Tractor/Truck Pull Sporting Association*.

He doesn't do formal.

*Taken from his bio.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Killdozer is amazing. =) You have some awesome characters in that game. I've never played it, but those look rad as hell. :mrgreen:

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Killdozer is amazing. =) You have some awesome characters in that game. I've never played it, but those look rad as hell. :mrgreen:

The actual gameplay can become an aside to the not-so-secret sub game of making and designing characters. It's like making paper dolls crossed with playing barbie crossed with drawing your own comic book on meth, crack, steroids and pop rocks. Or something. Basically making characters is really fun. :lol:

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Less talking more pictures Tom.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »

The actual gameplay can become an aside to the not-so-secret sub game of making and designing characters. It's like making paper dolls crossed with playing barbie crossed with drawing your own comic book on meth, crack, steroids and pop rocks. Or something. Basically making characters is really fun. :lol:

When I was trying out the free trial that's all I did. I think I made like 8 characters my first day. Then I thought, "I should actually play this game."

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    And then you did actually play it and were like D:

Drool on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was only the trial, so it was pretty short. From what I played it was alright.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Drool wrote: »
    And then you did actually play it and were like D:

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's just awful. I really want Cryptic to be good at designing games, but they just aren't.

Drool on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's kind of like when the Spore Creature Creator was released and people spent weeks making creatures, and then the game was released and people were like "meh".

jackal on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    It's actually exactly like that but with less hype.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The heck are you guys talking about? CO is loads of fun, probably the most fun combat in any MMO, especially with a gamepad and Pony's controls. It has its issues, but not being fun isn't one of them.

Glal on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    It's kind of like when the Spore Creature Creator was released and people spent weeks making creatures, and then the game was released and people were like "meh".

That game was so disappointing.

I had more fun with the veichle and building creators then I did with the actual gameplay.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't saying CO wasn't fun. The trial is just so short* that I didn't really feel hooked. I mean, I did the trial content in like an hour or so. So I used the rest of my trial period making characters.

*It went until the part where you choose to go to Canada or somewhere else. Right after you defend the city from aliens and then go into the big building and clear some stuff up.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wasn't saying CO wasn't fun. The trial is just so short* that I didn't really feel hooked. I mean, I did the trial content in like an hour or so. So I used the rest of my trial period making characters.

*It went until the part where you choose to go to Canada or somewhere else. Right after you defend the city from aliens and then go into the big building and clear some stuff up.

That's why you ask someone to send you a real trial, which gives you full access to the game for 10 days.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah it's even in our thread title; "Ask for the good trial"

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I thought it was a pretty huge disaster when I played the trial. It ran like dogshit on my machine (which was a solid system at the time), yet still managed to look like dogshit too. The movement and combat just felt off and the skill system was incomprehensible for someone just logging in and wanting to play.

It basically felt as janky as City of Heroes did when it launched. Which makes sense, but is still disappointing. It felt like they hadn't learned a thing from running an MMO for a few years.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What's this? More gratuitous Champions Online screenshot? Killdozer is turning into quite the camwhore, always asking me if I am remembering to hit the screenshot button while he's fighting.

th_killdoz4.jpg

And then there's him just straight up mugging for the camera.

th_killdoz3.jpg

Fighting an evil Canadian super villain.

th_killdoz2.jpg

The last thing said supervillain remembers seeing prior to waking up in the prison hospital in traction.

th_killdoz1.jpg

And a different mission, fighting a bunch of Viper heavy power armor goons.

And speaking of power armor, I also took a few screenies of my power armor using character.

th_power_armor1.jpg

Wooo, concussion beams.

th_power_armor2.jpg

And more concussion beams. It turns out that most of the best power armor abilities aren't very photogenic (micro munitions, shoulder mounted gattling gun) because they involve little projectiles moving very quickly. Oh well, it's a fun set you'll just have to trust me on that.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    God jeepguy, suck a dick, you're making me want to play that game with your god damned killdozer.

I see he got a costume update.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    God jeepguy, suck a dick, you're making me want to play that game with your god damned killdozer.

I see he got a costume update.

He has three costumes. They are mostly the same, with color themes for Canada, the Desert and I use the blue/white/gray one in Millenium City mostly.

The only physical differences is the desert costume has different feet, and the Canada costume shows off his hair.

-edit-

Oops, and the desert costume has a dust mask thingy and goggles, for the sandstorms.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think I like the boot-style feet the most, though, I like other costume color better, and the head style of the Canadian color one.

This is all.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think I like the boot-style feet the most, though, I like other costume color better, and the head style of the Canadian color one.

This is all.

The other color style meaning the brown/tan/gray desert one? Because I have like, 3 unused costume slots just awaiting inspiration.

Also, I won a S.P.E.A.R. costume contest last night with Killdozer. Took the prize for "Most intimidating".

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'd say take his Canadian styled one and give it the colors of that one where he has robotic boot jumping feet or whatever. I'm apparently too lazy to go back a page to find it.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'd say take his Canadian styled one and give it the colors of that one where he has robotic boot jumping feet or whatever. I'm apparently too lazy to go back a page to find it.

I know what you mean, I'll take that into consideration for costume #4.

The only thing that doesn't totally work about your suggestion is that you can't recolor the Canadian Flag chest piece (I can use a color-appropriate maple leaf though as a substitute).

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That'll work I think.

bowen on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll join in on the Champions screenshot extravaganza with my current main. (I say that because I have yet to hit lvl 15 on any character since I make a zillion costumes and get to lvl 10 before going back to the character creator. :P)

This is Atomique, which was at first supposed to be Martial Arts character in a power armor, homage to Bubblegum Crisis. But after finishing the design I thought that her costume fit the concept of a Radioactive Blaster better, so I recolored the Fire Emission powerset lime green.

CO-Atomique.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the result so far. It's super fun melting Desert Crisis' Irradiates with radioactive attacks of my own. Eventually I'll end up picking up some force field powers from the Force Emission powerset and some gizmos from the Gadgeteer powerset to round it all up.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Meet the team:

allods1.jpg

Mesjogge, Malloot & Mafketel the Gibberling brothers, in the foreground is their mighty protector and the only one who seems to have an idea what he's doing, the mighty rat/squirrel Brains.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    classy.jpg

I need a monocle.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    aug the CO screenies are making me want to get a new graphics card/computer.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Bri, what armor is that?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It is a dinner suit. Level 1 event outfit.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dinner_Suit

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    OK I have given up on trying to stop 'dozer from the gratuitous mugging that occurs whenever he zones into an instance. It's not worth the trouble.

Also: Return to the bookstore of interesting comic shading effects. Enjoy

th_Dozer_library3.jpg

th_Dozer_library2.jpg

th_Dozer_library1.jpg

th_Dozer_library4.jpg

Bowen this is my take on the suggestions you gave me. Let me know what you think. (Don't judge the visibility of the maple leaf emblem from this shot. This mission has lighting effects unlike anything else in the game, and the chest logo is fully visible in every normal lighting situation).

th_Dozer_library5.jpg

It's amazing, but somewhere in between all the cam whoring, Killdozer managed to squeeze in some actual crime fighting. That damn satantic librarian must be out on bail after Lightwing arrested him.

th_Dozer_library7.jpg

th_Dozer_library6.jpg

It's OK though, he may have survived having all the angry love of Baby Jesus being channeled his way but no one gets up from a Killdozer face beating.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    arcadios.jpg

I'm afraid I'm a graduate of the Parts and Glowy Bits school of heroic construction.
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Several pages of concentrated awesome.

My god. Go Canada!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh, Aunsoph, you totally captured that BGC look and feel. Really good job with that one.

Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.