As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] These Rolling Green Hills - Game over - Simulation terminated - Zot Wins

• Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    yeah unless the mafia has abilities....

This people. This.
    !Every player that isn't a Gray Man gains a new ability. that can be used without interfering with any others he may posess.

I wouldn't be opposed to this either, but I think that's about on par with

"kill all the gray men".

Something tells me we can't do anything with it to directly and significantly advantage ourselves, but that's entirely an assumption. You all know what happens when you assume.

I'm assuming this is true, also.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    of course if Gumpy decides thats not fair, i revert back to everyone

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Much like in The One, every time someone dies, his power is randomly assigned to someone else with the same win condition

I actually think this is a pretty cool idea, and therefore will support it as it isn't sheer silliness like many of the other yellow votes.

Much like in The One, every time someone dies, his power is randomly assigned to someone else with the same win condition

I have an elaborate plan for tomorrow's yellow vote, but I'll need a top hat, a handlebar mustache, and some train tracks. I've already got the black cape, so as long as there aren't any pesky mounties around it'll be glorious!

Yeah I actually seriously like this one

Fiiiiiine if no one's going to go for my hideously complicated suggestions

Since this might not drive Gumpy insane.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Allright, fine, What roleplaying games are familiar to Gumpy?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    These vile Grey Men cloaked in metal killed the figurehead of the town? He's done worse!

However, I suggest that everyone casts their eyes upon the form of !Dunadan019, while paying particular attention to his hindquarters, which are grey metal! Egads!

I wanna be the main character! And the Dark Assembly agreed with me!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Much like in The One, every time someone VILLAGE ALIGNED dies, his power is randomly assigned to someone else with the same win condition
    Much like in The One, every time someone VILLAGE ALIGNED dies, his power is randomly assigned to someone else with the same win condition

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    yeah unless the mafia has abilities....

This people. This.

See, the thing is, even if they do -- there are more of us. Something that benefits everyone probably benefits villagers more than mafia. Right?

Except that the mafia would be unkillable, since their power would keep transferring.

It only transfers to people with the same win condition, so you still just have to kill them all, it's not like it allows them to replicate, unless they actually have that power (please god no).

Theoretically, with a fairly standard mafia and village, that power significantly benefits the village since the mafia don't really get special abilities which could be transferable. This is Gumpy that we're talking about though, so I wouldn't make many decisions based on what would happen in a standard anything.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Right now it's probably worth assuming that the yellow vote is basically a malevolent genie. If we wish for all the Grey Men to get killed, their names will probably be changed to the Iron Men. If we vote for everyone village-aligned to get a new ability, our win conditions might swap for a night.

I don't know, I'm just musing about possibilities. But expect the yellow vote to bite back.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I would ask everyone voting for my super fantastic idea changes it to add the village aligned part as to not have this game come to a conclusion with some robo-fucking unkillable mafia. Because you never know what kooky shit Gumpy cooked up.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Right now it's probably worth assuming that the yellow vote is basically a malevolent genie. If we wish for all the Grey Men to get killed, their names will probably be changed to the Iron Men. If we vote for everyone village-aligned to get a new ability, our win conditions might swap for a night.

I don't know, I'm just musing about possibilities. But expect the yellow vote to bite back.

Haha, I hope so, that would be amazing/hilarious.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yeah, I was just thinking this a second ago, like, oh god, what if this is like a wish spell, he's gonna go out of his way to screw us isn't he.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Didn't Jet Li have to fight a whole prison planet during that movie?

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

phail

edit: damnit! you fixed it quickly

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Yeah, I was just thinking this a second ago, like, oh god, what if this is like a wish spell, he's gonna go out of his way to screw us isn't he.

We all get a pony.

SUDDENLY

We are all trampled to death by horses.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

phail

quicker than quick

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Alright.

!This is game is based on Gumpy's favorite P&P RPG.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Alright.

!This is game is based on Gumpy's favorite P&P RPG.

surely not

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

phail

quicker than quick

stronger than strong!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    or we could just do the oprah yellow vote.

you get an item! and you get an item! and you get an item! every! body! gets! an item!

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    this sure is game

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    !Everybody gets an item with it's own unique powers and drawbacks, if used the item is destroyed and the character's role is modified to include those powers.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Erich Zahn because he is so annoying.

The One rule for village aligned people.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    or we could just do the oprah yellow vote.

you get an item! and you get an item! and you get an item! every! body! gets! an item!

All of a sudden you get a sword (with emphasis on the w)..... it's lodged in your face!

I don't see that ending poorly at all.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh also, The One rule for village aligned people.

I guess it's worth a shot, I'd love it if Gumpy could chime in on whether or not this is an appropriate use of the yellow vote.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !There is a limit to what the Yellow vote can achieve.

Is a Global rewriting of players powers in that limit?

Investigation is the only way to find out

Gumpy on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow, that'd make things interesting.

!The One for sure...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, I'll bite.

!The One

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys, what about !Every time someone dies, their power is given to a random person aligned with the village.

A slight change of the wording, but it helps us even more?

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Mafia.

Also, fuck you.

I'm taking my ball and going home

!Withdraw.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ....?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Mafia.

Also, fuck you.

!Withdraw.

... wait, what?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Mafia.

Also, fuck you.

!Withdraw.

seriously?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hahahahahahahaha

Oh man.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    so.... powerpuppies?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Powerpuppies it is!

Burnage on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erich is starting on next year's phalla awards early?

C'mon, man. That's not cool.

El Skid on
  • Options
    GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Edit: Erich withdrew while I was posting so I'm gonna have to choose someone else

Gnersh on