As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ PROTOTYPE ] - Rainbows and Unicorns on pg. 69.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The problem isn't when you want to target something else, it's when you want to move around while having the same thing targeted. If I'm in a helicopter shooting a hive, and for whatever reason need to strafe about, say I want to get a better angle or evade incoming fire, whatever. Once I move I then have to move the camera to re-center, but if I do that while targeting, instead of the camera moving, the targeting system flips to some random grunt in a dark alley taking a piss, and not the high-priority target I had acquired. I then have to fiddle with switching targets or drop it and then re-acquire, which is a small grievance but still irritating when it happens so damn often.

I don't know how to tell you this bloody sloth but Radical are aware of your greviances with helicopters and thus you don't have to hold the target key down in a helicopter.

So in a helicopter you target the hive then let go of the key, it will keep the hive targetted and then you can fly the helicopter with the targetting stick.

I had problems with helicopters for a while and then I read that on the loading screen and was all U WUT and stole the first helicopter I see.

Go and try it you will love it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    See, that's something the game hasn't told me.
    Still, I guess I'm just used to camera-lock with targeting in other game I've played. It just feels more convenient.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man, who thought it'd be funny to make a game that immediately catches fire as soon as it starts and then sends six burly ex-cons to your house to steal all your stuff and rape you?

When that happened to me, I just left a fire extinguisher next to my computer, put all my stuff out on the lawn and lubed up my butthole before hand. It's your fault if you don't want to play the game by its rules and prepare for these kind of eventualities beforehand.

[wall of text describing in depth how he did it with accompanying youtube of himself being raped by ex-cons.]

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Look man, overall he's just trying to help people out, and he's provided some good information.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So much for trying to help.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I find he's making excuses for terrible controls. It's not really helpful.

Having said that, it's great that he enjoys the game he bought. It is, however, not a great game IMO and the terrible controls are only a small part of it.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Having blitzed through the game over the past 4 days, I can agree with the distaste for the targetting system. The way it is in the helicopter is how it should be all the time I think. This doesn't solve the issue of the frankly terrible target prioritization (if you wonder what I'm on about, do a military ally event and try flipping through the infected targets. For some reason there's always 2-4 barely infected zombos in the background that my targetting system is convinced I HAVE to deal with). Naturally, this can make kill events very annoying. So far most of the kill events I've managed to get the gold on are either by going after just vehicles (for anti-military) or slaughtering groups of the weak barely infected zombo types (which count towards your score during infected kill events). Of course neither of those tactics rely on the targeting system, because using it just makes me want to strangle something.

Before going to bed last night, I played around with some of the lesser used attacks that I had unlocked and purchased. The cannonball is GREAT fun, though I find myself using the flying kick more often for airborne stuff because the cannonball's attack coincidentally is the same as the aerial cone-attack devastator thing. Body surf, as many have mentioned, is pretty much useless, but it is good fun, especially when you hit X again while surfing to then punt the smeared corpse into the horizon (assuming you have the snapkick launcher upgrade). Another great move that I never used was the SHORYUKEN that, when paired with an air combo and a spike driver, can make short work of hunters.

I have yet to try some of these moves on supersoldiers. If the uppercut works I will be most excited :D

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Having said that, it's great that he enjoys the game he bought. It is, however, not a great game IMO and the terrible controls are only a small part of it.

Well, if explaining how the game works is considered making excuses now, then... shoot. If anything it just outlines how the developers did a poor job of telling players how to take advantage of the controls. In general I thought it was all fantastically intuitive, although the vast array of shit you can do forced the devs into a little bit of a corner with the limited number of buttons on a controller. Even so, I thought they still did a respectable job making everything fit properly.

The targeting system still isn't awesome, but that's partly separate from the controls and still a fairly minor issue, at least for me.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, probably the worst idea they had was releasing their tutorial split across the first few missions, the loading screen, and 50 orbs. They should have given us a Tutorial option from the main menu, a big blank room with all the tips constantly scrolling across the bottom.

As much as I hate tutorial levels forced upon me at the beginning of a game, those orbs are just dumb.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It is particularly bad if you happen to have just gotten a new computer and the loading screen is done in like three seconds and you never realize you should read that shit until after you already pressed A and the screen is gone.
    I would be happy if target actually went to target the Hunters that were smashing my skull in from right behind me and not the Marine 20 yards in front who is shooting some kind of pellet gun at my shins.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The orbs wouldn't be so bad if they purposefully ran you to them throughout the early game, as difficult as that'd likely be.

It's the fact that I'll be playing the post-game and find one on a building that tells me to charge up my attacks for more power that's flawed.

yalborap on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    This game doesn't have much replay value for me. I started a NewGame+ and after a few minutes of being over powered on the early missions went "meh" and shut it down.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This game doesn't have much replay value for me. I started a NewGame+ and after a few minutes of being over powered on the early missions went "meh" and shut it down.
    It wasn't until NewGame+ that I discovered muscle mass lets you throw people so hard they explode.

Had a lot of fun there.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The problem isn't when you want to target something else, it's when you want to move around while having the same thing targeted. If I'm in a helicopter shooting a hive, and for whatever reason need to strafe about, say I want to get a better angle or evade incoming fire, whatever. Once I move I then have to move the camera to re-center, but if I do that while targeting, instead of the camera moving, the targeting system flips to some random grunt in a dark alley taking a piss, and not the high-priority target I had acquired. I then have to fiddle with switching targets or drop it and then re-acquire, which is a small grievance but still irritating when it happens so damn often.

Are we talking PC or console here? I have the PC version and once something is targeted it stays targeted; moving the camera doesn't do anything. IIRC the console version has a toggle for that, too.

I have issues on occasion getting the game to target the right thing (hey, how about targeting the fucker with the missile launcher and not some random car?) but once its targeted you should be fine.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just beat it. I'm a little confused.
    So the spec ops guy was a hunter in disguise the entire time? What was his ultimate goal?

Lingxor on
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It wasn't until NewGame+ that I discovered muscle mass lets you Shoryuken people so hard they explode.

Had a lot of fun there.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I didn't realize Muscle Mass was a power until after I finished it.

I kept buying upgrades for it thinking they were the upgrades for "unarmed" Mercer. Then I looked at the power selection thing again and noticed it squeezed in there between the claws and whipfist.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Falstaff wrote: »
    It wasn't until NewGame+ that I discovered muscle mass lets you Shoryuken people so hard they explode.

Had a lot of fun there.
    Ah, yes. that too. And I discovered body surf.

body surf+armor+big crowd=entertainment!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Lingxor wrote: »
    Just beat it. I'm a little confused.
    So the spec ops guy was a hunter in disguise the entire time? What was his ultimate goal?
    Cross got consumed by the Supreme Hunter shortly after the General left him on the island. The Supreme Hunter wanted to eat Mercer and restart the infection elsewhere after Manhattan got nuked.

Rust on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Hahaha you just treat every conversation as a game of attack and defend Satan. I treat it as, you know, a conversation.

Don't sweat it if making me a punching bag makes you feel oh god so much better and justifies your rage feel free. I wont bother tryin to help a lost cause any longer.

See I always try though, because I don't necessarily realise people are having problems until someone mentions it. And there are other people, for whom knowing about the targetting will help, improving their enjoyment of the game.

(Thanks for the backup guys I appreciate it. I really hate the way the orb are implimented so much, so much of the information I give is just because I sat down and watched the loading screen because I realised it was improving my game hugely.)
    man im having trouble with something in a game and didn't realise knowing something would make the problem go away
    i help out because I know
    i love being angry at things so much and anything being threatening of that must die

yeah this shit? it doesn't work on me. it wont make me stop. it wont make me shut up. put me on ignore, because this passive agressive childishness makes me laugh. i know why you are doing it better than you fucking do. its like being attacked by an angry kitten.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Hahaha you just treat every conversation as a game of attack and defend Satan.

Don't sweat it if making me a punching bag makes you feel oh god so much better and justifies your rage feel free. I wont bother tryin to help a lost cause any longer.

See I always try though, because I don't necessarily realise people are having problems until someone mentions it. And there are other people, for whom knowing about the targetting will help, improving their enjoyment of the game.

(Thanks for the backup guys I appreciate it)

I guess it's a good thing that Satan's opinion is the only one that matters and is based on hard fact and not personal taste. What? It's the other thing? His opinion is just as worthless as everyone else's and nobody cares about his bitching? Darn it, I always get those mixed up.

My two gripes with the controls were a) the wonky targeting system and b) some of the attacks require you to target something before they work. For the first part, I found it was just easier to kill what the camera picked out than bother re-targeting most of the time. Even if you do want to kill something specific, the game slows down for you so you don't get mauled while switching.

Otherwise, I never had any problem with the controls. Some folks just miss the forest for the trees. It's like with that Ghandi movie that won a ton of awards; who the hell cares if it's done really well if it's boring as hell? Prototype isn't perfect, but at least they made fun and mayhem the top priorities. In a game like this, everything else is secondary.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Talking purely about emotional responses: I don't find it annoying (once the target you want is on your screen) since you can switch in slow mo. The slow mo makes it fun for me. I like having to do it. It's slow mo. I know that's a shallow reason to not get annoyed, but hey sorry for being a positive person! :D

I'm also the type of person who sometimes relocks onto a helicopter when I'm in the middle of karate kicking it. Just because it looks cool. :P

It's also why I power switch so much. God the idea to make these things cause slow mo is the best fucking idea to get around a targetting difficulty problem I've ever seen. It should be in any action game, even if the priortisation is perfect. (and I do agree its slightly off for tiny targets. Game would be a lot easier if it forced you to kill helicopters and the only thing that could stop this is a boss. It's not like they take time to go down.)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    A quick aside; Skyjacking a helicopter and then leaping from chopper to chopper murdering the occupants and letting the empty, useless vehicles plummet to their destruction afterward is the most badass thing.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Only four or five missions in, but already consumed 30% of the Web.
    These guys aren't getting points for script, but fuck if it's not interesting anyway. So they kept Greene basically shoved in a cell for 20 years, I gather?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    A love I also share. The rare times I forget to kill a helicopter and get hit by a rocket I will specifically jack up to a chopper and do the hijack instead of orbs for health. Because the guy at the back is the guy who fired the rocket isn't he? I thought he was the gunner guy?

He's the one you smack into the window of the chopper.

I also use them to facilitate my bulletdives into bases. I just press straight up and jump out, then repeat. Thanks for the lift guys! NYEEEOOOWWWWW WHAMMMM
    the best thing is that the dive is faster than the helicopter. So quite often while the building is doing its explosion animation you see your ex-helicopter drop out of the sky within that view. It makes me smile every time.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pilot's the one in the back.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh really? Then I shall treasure the time he hit his own helicopter blades. :P

I jacked a chopper just to kill it easily, just jumped out again afterwards and landed next to the gunners corpse on the roof and was like wait why is there a dead guy there? Then the helicopter falls down onto the roof and explodes and I'm like ohhhhhhhhhh

That makes jacking up to a chopper, letting go, targetting it and then karate kicking it extra special now though. Since relocking to the chopper will have the karate kick start in bullettime....it's like a personal fuck you.
    I'll do that instead. :D

I've never had this fail btw. I think proximity to Mercer also plays a part in targetting. When something is right next to him, it seems to get targetted first. eg I've let go of the chopper with other choppers in the middle of the background and the chopper I jumped out of is to the side. It still targets the chopper you let go of.
    It still has to be on screen though.

For targetting an enemy above you or below you you flick up or down. It works well. Eg if you have just jumped above a tank and there is a helicopter above you. Press up to target it. Press down while targetting helicopters to attack tanks on the ground. This is the most important feature of the way the flick targetting works and is why I think moving the camera is so trivial. It's because needing to actually do this is very very rare if you use up and down like this.
    If you only use side to side my fucking god man that would be so irritating stop doing that. D:

Morninglord on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rather than hijacking choppers i prefer to just hop from position to position on the wings and wait for the other choppers to shoot their friend down, see how you like it you bastards.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm really sorry for flipping out at you Metalbourne I was a tool there and didn't take your comment as a joke. Wasn't thinking straight, I shouldn't have blasted you.

Btw I was talking to Aegeri about the Supreme Hunter and he told me how to avoid the tentacles for the devastator and really hurt him.

Is it okay if I post the chat log I don't want to have to type this out all over again. D:
    Aegeri: I found the main thing with the final boss was to air blade drop + slash the shit out of him.
    Morninglord: i cant get that to work
    Aegeri: That devastator he does gives you a huuuge opportunity
    Morninglord: i dont know when to do it
    Aegeri: When you see the 3rd tentacle
    Morninglord: theres a billion tentacles
    Morninglord: sorry its not helpful
    Morninglord: could you be more clear about it?
    Morninglord: i really need to know specifically in advance i have a save on taggart so i can just go try it out
    Morninglord: but what exactly should i look for?
    Aegeri: When he makes the devastator, the small tentacles don't hurt you
    Aegeri: The only ones that do are the big ones
    Aegeri: He has like 3 of them I think (4 during the countdown)
    Morninglord: uh i guess im going to have to go get raped
    Morninglord: and find out what you mean
    Aegeri: If you jump around you'll see them come out
    Aegeri: When all 3 are out he's helpless
    Aegeri: And is stuck until they come back in
    Morninglord: so just jump dash around?
    Aegeri: You can airblade drop him for huge damage and beat the shit out of him for the duration + his recovery time
    Morninglord: oh so they kind of like come out like a tracer round while you are jump dashing around them
    Aegeri: Yes
    Morninglord: holy shit
    Aegeri: You're fucked if you're in close
    Aegeri: But they track you
    Aegeri: But one they come out they can't deviate
    Morninglord: how far do you need to be
    Morninglord: a tank length
    Aegeri: Not far, maybe like a tank length and a bit
    Aegeri: They move slowly
    Morninglord: i am going to try this RIGHT NOW
    Morninglord: :D
    Morninglord: i am going to fuck me up a supreeeeeme hunter yo :D
    Morninglord: thanks man
    Aegeri: Yeah
    Aegeri: I don't think the small tentacles can hurt
    Aegeri: This will work for any power
    Aegeri: I guess you could try bulletdive drop+musclemass too

*later on*

Morninglord: blade frenzy
    Morninglord: the fully charged sprinting thing
    Aegeri: Oh yes, it works quite well?
    Morninglord: it goes straight past the hunter
    Aegeri: yeah
    Aegeri: very good
    Aegeri: Yeah, you should post that in the thread
    Aegeri: Nobody seems to realise you can do that
    Morninglord: man dodging that thing is a blast
    Morninglord: It makes him really easy
    Aegeri: The simple way of doing it actually is to full charge jump, wait and then airdash over the other side of him. You normally direct all three tentacles into a random direction and you're close enough for instant rape time

I cut it down a bit.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Hahaha you just treat every conversation as a game of attack and defend Satan. I treat it as, you know, a conversation.

(Thanks for the backup guys I appreciate it. I really hate the way the orb are implimented so much, so much of the information I give is just because I sat down and watched the loading screen because I realised it was improving my game hugely.)
    man im having trouble with something in a game and didn't realise knowing something would make the problem go away
    i help out because I know
    i love being angry at things so much and anything being threatening of that must die

yeah this shit? it doesn't work on me. it wont make me stop. it wont make me shut up. put me on ignore, because this passive agressive childishness makes me laugh. i know why you are doing it better than you fucking do. its like being attacked by an angry kitten.

Dude, I said I think it's great that you're enjoying the game - chill. Just because I'm attacking the game doesn't mean I'm attacking you.

It's funny, since I last posted I've started playing Infamous. I think this game is superior in just about every way. It's not nearly as fast paced but at least the controls are manageable and the story is somewhat interesting.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah sorry I'm out of sorts today and taking things way too seriously. I'm just gonna stop posting anything but straight information until I feel better.

I would edit it all out, but I don't think that's very honest and it's better it stays there to remind me of my mistakes.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    You're a crazy man, Morning.

And yeah, throwing people against the wall with muscle mass is great for about 5 minutes. Then I get bored and go "why am I doing this?" there's nothing to accomplish anymore once the game is beaten.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

And yeah, throwing people against the wall with muscle mass is great for about 5 minutes. Then I get bored and go "why am I doing this?" there's nothing to accomplish anymore once the game is beaten.

It strikes me as being incredibly stupid that they didn't include cheats for a sandbox game. Nevermind a sandbox game like this one. There's an incredible amount of wasted potential there.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I got really amazingly mad about it, myself.
    You're a crazy man, Morning
    Yup. :(

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Archonex wrote: »

It strikes me as being incredibly stupid that they didn't include cheats for a sandbox game. Nevermind a sandbox game like this one. There's an incredible amount of wasted potential there.

I know. I'm still hoping for a cheat that lets you body-surf forever. Or maybe "glide" while being able to control your altitude effectively making you be flying.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm really sorry for flipping out at you Metalbourne I was a tool there and didn't take your comment as a joke. Wasn't thinking straight, I shouldn't have blasted you.

Hey, it's no problem. It's not like it was the first time a joke didn't go over well on the internet

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Hey, it's no problem. It's not like it was the first time a joke didn't go over well on the internet

I'm a pretty defensive person sometimes, I try my best to get over it but well if I'm not feeling well that happens. I really do think what I said was monumentally stupid.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess for me its hard to call the targeting system bad when I consider the problem from a design perspective. At any given time, there can be 50 infantry troops, another 50 infected, 5-6 tanks, 3-4 choppers, a hundred civilians, and dozens of cars and throwable objects. And when civilians are a source of health and the items littering the environment are weapons, every single item has some kind of utility and purpose in the game. I'm pretty sure there is no game of its type that throws this much at you. I'm glad that when there are enemies around, the game doesn't let you target civvies or cars... they all serve the exact same function. There's no reason to pick one civilian over another or one car instead of the next - they all give the same health boost or can be thrown just as easily. Having to break my lock on an actual enemy, target a civilian, eat him, then find and retarget my original enemy would just be tedious. Just grab a random one and be done with it.

Sure, the targeting system can be irritating at times, but those spots for me were typically few and far between. Usually, my issues involved having to cycle through sixty grunts to get to a hunter, but that was my fault because I could have deactivated targeting and looked at the hunter and then re-targeted. Often times I caught myself cycling through a bunch of enemies, slapped myself in the face, and did things the smart way. I don't have this issue anymore - I just drop my lock and move to the hunter.

I think the issues with targeting a grunt when you've got a more imposing foe also on screen have to do with distance - if the hunter/super solider is pretty far away, the game gauges the grunt with the machine gun as a higher priority than the distant, more threatening enemy. This does make sense on some level - hunters and super soldiers don't have long range attacks and can't really harm you. The machine gun may do minimal damage, but its still going to hurt you on some level, particularly if you're playing on hard. Therefore, there IS a distance where the targeting system should prioritize grunts over hunters/super soldiers.

I think the problem is that the player character is typically moving at such high speeds that by the time you've pressed the targeting button and the game has acquired a lock, you're probably already over at the more threatening enemy. Still, this comes down to a design choice, and while the developers may have made one I don't agree with, I can see their logic and can't really call it a bad system. For what its worth, I have never really had this problem with tanks or copters... I think its because those enemies can attack at considerable range, and so the game targets them more liberally than short range hunters/super soldiers.

Like MorningLord said, I think the slow-motion effect is a really elegant way of helping the player deal with the chaos (and possibly why we don't have co-op?), in addition to looking damn cool. I think the biggest problem with the targeting system, and the game in general, is that it doesn't explain how it works very well. Personally, I like experimenting and figuring things like this out, but many people get frustrated by this sort of thing, and I feel like they're missing out on a great experience because of that.

Slortex on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The game is downright ridiculous when it comes to targeting tanks. I could be six blocks away facing the wrong direction and it'll target the tank over everything else in the area.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I was targetting a tank and there was a helicopter hovering just off the street to my right. It was barely a street width away, off screen.
    I heart the rocket start to fire.

In a panick I hit up (slow mo targets grunt near tank), up (slow mo targets grunt closer to helicopter), up (slow mo targets helicopter with rocket halfway to me).
    And then I dodged the rocket and booted the chopper into oblivion.

I didn't start retargetting until after the rocket had started to fire.

Such an elegant solution to a targetting problem and it saved my ass. :P

Btw pressing down on a flat level will usually try to go behind you. For example on the last boss, if he was behind me, I was testing this. I hit down maybe twice max and I had turned around.
    If you are in the air it changes to a ground/air switch. Down is ground/tanks/grunts, up will start targetting helicopters. It tends to go into the foreground first but be patient you have a lot of leeway with the slowmo and you will get that helicopter. Then up will cycle through the other helicopters. It really is very useful to learn how to use up and down properly.

Morninglord on