As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I saw a mudcrab crying "Vengeance!", you N'Wah!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Total population of Tamriel: 300, cloned a few dozen times.

Total number of different voices: 3

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    Fastest way to do Oblivion Gates:

1. Don't ever do any of main quest
    2. They never fucking show up, so who cares

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Maybe the Skyrim thing is just a set up for ES V: The Entire Fucking World of Tamriel

I mean maybe they've been working on it since Morrowind

all like "Fuck yeah in a decade or so we're gonna release this shit and it's gonna be awesome."

Don't get my hopes up.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They just take the 'seen any elves' line and dub over the race with whatever the dominant race of the region is

SEEN ANY... REDGUARDS? HAHAHA

SEEN ANY... ARGONIANS? HAHAHA

SEEN ANY... NORDS? HAHAHA

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i liked to play as an argonian in oblivion

lizard man

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh hey, I just started getting back into Morriwind. I played it a ton but never finished the main storyline, so now I'm trying to knuckle down and get through it. I'm really bad at it though, I keep getting distracted just exploring the world, looking for cool dungeons, gathering alchemical crap, etc.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    When I get to my dorm in mid august i have practically a week of nothing

I will use it to predominantly play this, STALKER, and Hearts of Iron 3

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    hah, my friend wrote 3 of the faqs for morrowind on gamefaqs
    that was a long time ago

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You made the thread!

And bringing me one step closer to reinstalling Morrowind.

fuuuuuck
    i have a bunch of games on my plate (not to mention trying to get better at team fortress 2...) but I really wanna check out morrowind.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh whoops, he wrote 4 faqs, i didn't count the morrowind GOTY edition faq he wrote

he also wrote a faq for bill walsh college football

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i used to write reviews on gamefaqs

ha, oh 13

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am going to reinstall Morrowind today, I think

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How much does Steam charge for the morrowind pack?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    you never played morrowind, sam?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I might play some morrowind later, on my 360. Or maybe oblivion.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Hey, am I allowed to have a giant riding lizard and 800 GP instead of a level 7 item on my Eberron character?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009

Hey, am I allowed to have a giant riding lizard and 800 GP instead of a level 7 item on my Eberron character?

A lizard? I guess I'm okay with it but keep in mind this is mainly city-based, so you're not really going to need a lizard. I'm 100% fine with 800 gold, though.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The problem with Morrowind is that I sort of do nothing else until I think I've "beaten" it. I am almost scared to play it or Oblivion again because I'm really close to clocking up 250 hours in both.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

A lizard? I guess I'm okay with it but keep in mind this is mainly city-based, so you're not really going to need a lizard. I'm 100% fine with 800 gold, though.

"Need" is not really coming into my equation. For Gods' sake, I named it Snorkle.

Weeeeeeee

I'm officially happy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009

I played it briefly, but it's Ave.'s copy and he's off in bostontown till August. Might do well to get my own e-copy or wait till he moves back to Minneapolis with the missus I suppose.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I played it briefly, but it's Ave.'s copy and he's off in bostontown till August. Might do well to get my own e-copy or wait till he moves back to Minneapolis with the missus I suppose.
    I'm a bit surprised

it seems like the sort of game you'd lose yourself in

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'm a bit surprised

I had Oblivion and logged like 150 hours over two months with Tupac, the chivalrous knight. Then I started doing Oblivion Gates and stopped playing altogether after two gates because they were so incredibly gay and tedious, heh.

So I'd like to check out Morrowind now that my taste in games has matured a bit.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'm a bit surprised

I had Oblivion and logged like 150 hours over two months with Tupac, the chivalrous knight. Then I started doing Oblivion Gates and stopped playing altogether after two gates because they were so incredibly gay and tedious, heh.

So I'd like to check out Morrowind now that my taste in games has matured a bit.
    see you in a couple months

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    When I get to my dorm in mid august i have practically a week of nothing

I will use it to predominantly play this, STALKER, and Hearts of Iron 3

A week for HoI? Hah.

I used to think Khajiit were awesome and Argonians sucked, then I learned about furries and hated them. Then I learned about scalies and hated them both. Fucking furries ruin everything.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    There are some things that I just don't research. An argonian walking around the landscape in battered, iron armor with a mallet is something that I'll never surrender to fetish groups.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, apparently my wife is bored of watching isometric rpgs. I have been asked to install Morrowind now instead of later.

Here we goooooo

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    in oblivion i had an argonian assasin dude
    with magickas

killin errybody

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I pretty much always play as a dark elf. In every ES game.

I hated all of them up to Oblivion but played a shit-ton of Daggerfall and Morrowind for some reason.

Oblivion was fun but it had some obvious problems. I didn't like how they simplified the game so much in terms of skills.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, apparently my wife is bored of watching isometric rpgs. I have been asked to install Morrowind now instead of later.

Here we goooooo

Guess I've gotta wait til payday to buy it on steam then, haha.

Are the expansions worthwhile?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't there some Morrowind mod that increased how far you could see?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't there some Morrowind mod that increased how far you could see?
    a number of them, yes

my favorite one was the one that made it so you could read street signs at a glance instead of hovering your cursor over it

so simple, so useful

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rank/Ave./etc. do you guys have a pretty good idea of what mods are worthwhile to download straight away? I seem to remember mods that helped get rid of the awful color scheme they used. I really liked the mod to Fallout 3 that redid the weather/sky/etc., so I know I'd like something like that for Morrowind.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Better Heads/Better bodies are good starts.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah but I'd rather get a recommended patch than try out like five different mods for the same effect. I dunno. I trust these guys have worked with their fair share of morrowind mods.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I listed a site that has some awesome mod recommendations in the OP.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah but I'd rather get a recommended patch than try out like five different mods for the same effect. I dunno. I trust these guys have worked with their fair share of morrowind mods.

Are you saying I wouldn't know? o_O

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I'd take mori's advice, he likely knows it better than I do

it's been many a year since I played morrowind

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really wish they would re-release Daggerfall but with Oblivion graphics.

God that'd be the best thing ever.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay, reinstalling Morrowind.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Make sure to enable Quadratic lighting:
    1>In your /morrowind directory look for a file called Morrowind.ini

2>Copy that file and paste it in the same directory, the result should be "copy of morrowind.ini" Use this as a backup if things go wrong.

3>Now. open your Morrowind.ini file with notepad or wordpad.

4>if you are using notepad, find the drop down menu "Search" and select "Find"

5>In the box that appears type "UseLinear" minus the quotes. and click "Find Next"

6>this should locate the selected text, if the number next to UseLinear is 1, change it to 0, if it is already 0, then leave it alone. 0 means that the feature is off, and 1 means that it is turned on.

7>A few lines down, Locate "UseQuadratic". If the number next to quadratic is 0, set it to 1, if it is 1, then leave it alone.

8>Count about 3 lines down from UseQuadratic, and you should see a variable that says "QuadraticRadiusMult", the default value is 1.0, which is very very dim. Personally I prefer to set this to 1.7, which will result in a healthy level of lighting. You can choose whatever you want to set this to. the higher the number, the brighter the lights will be.

*Note: if you set the level too high, it will create a weird green tint effect when lights are very close to each other. I've heard reports that 1.4 is best to avoid this. I haven’t' tried 1.7 in many places, but it may still be ok, too.

9>Go to file and Save the changes to the Morrowind.ini file and you're ready to play with quadratic lights!

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png