As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I haven't really gotten into anything brand new in the current season yet but honestly new seasons of both Spice & Wolf and Zetsubou Sensei are enough to make me happy.

It's not like I don't have a huge backlog to go through anyhow!

Slicer on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm not up to date on Zetsubou or Spice & Wolf or I'd be following those too.

I just had all my loot from the Amazon sale arrive so I have Black Lagoon and Avatar sitting there tempting me to watch at some point.

Waffle would you mind spoiling that image? It is a little too NSFW for my work.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    darksteel wrote: »

tabletop rpg with maids, what, it surprise you?

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Don't forget the albino princess yakuza assassins, and cursed werewolf amnesiac train otaku.

That's one of those things that could never be as awesome as the short description sounds.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Um, yes?

Apparently the content is funny in places, but also has some way creepy shit, or so my friend told me. Can anyone vouch for this?

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    If it's the same one I'm thinking about, some guys on SomethingAwful got permabanned for talking about that game.

The only other time that's ever happened (by which I mean someone pulling a perma just for speaking of a thing), it was Kodomo no Jikan, a.k.a. The Pedotastic Pedophile Show for Pedophiles.

Rust on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What have I come across here?

pedoprincess_08.jpg

Godfather on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Onani- means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught.....
    WTF?

It's Death Note with dongers instead of a notebook.

Fap Note. I find it a pretty good read actually.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, FMA is really good and I'm not sure why we never talk about it?

Maybe because there is nothing to bitch about.

The thing we most need is some dissent opinion to at least keep some light contention among the anime fans, but not something like Clawshrimpy in which everybody goes boom in a festival of robot dicks and cream pies at the retardatorium.

we need a guy who liked the death of Hughes. Is there someone so coldhearted out there?

Also, wtf is up with that wolverine trailer? That's looks like a run of the mill samurai guy with claws. The position of the claws also looked fucked up. They appear to come out between his fingers which makes it look like he is just holding 3 blades. At least Iron Man looked good.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »

The thing we most need is some dissent opinion to at least keep some light contention among the anime fans, but not something like Clawshrimpy in which everybody goes boom in a festival of robot dicks and cream pies at the retardatorium.
    we need a guy who liked the death of Hughes. Is there someone so coldhearted out there?

Also, wtf is up with that wolverine trailer? That's looks like a run of the mill samurai guy with claws. The position of the claws also looked fucked up. They appear to come out between his fingers which makes it look like he is just holding 3 blades. At least Iron Man looked good.

Spoilersss.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

Spoilersss.

Oh please, we went past that era of tyranny.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Um, yes?

Apparently the content is funny in places, but also has some way creepy shit, or so my friend told me. Can anyone vouch for this?

Here's a PDF of what the translators decided to change for the English version.

Some amusing stuff there.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm reading Chapter 2 of that Onani Master Kurosawa manga... What the fuck is wrong with this dude? What is wrong with the guy who wrote this shit? What's wrong with people for liking it?

And in what way is this the same as Death Note?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It changes tone drastically about halfway through. I'd recommend sticking with it.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DHS wrote: »
    On the second episode of Saki.

Two minute Angel Winged transformation sequence in the middle of a game I don't even begin to understand.

Saki is weird.
    Yuri school girls + mahjong + occasional special effects representing the current battle and state of competitors. What's not to understand?

:winky:

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Spoilersss.

I guess I missed that era. Do rebooted shows need tags?

Also, who is the go to group for Saki? I'm gonna have some extra free next week and I wanna see all this crazy mahjong action.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    ToefooToefoo Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Crunchyroll has Saki on its website.

Toefoo on
    PSN: Soultics
    Weaboo List
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Spoilersss.

I guess I missed that era. Do rebooted shows need tags?

Also, who is the go to group for Saki? I'm gonna have some extra free next week and I wanna see all this crazy mahjong action.

Some people might have not watched it yet. I know that at the very least there are some people watching it that haven't seen the 1st series.

Honestly for something as major as a character's death it's really best to tread on the safe side because you never know.

Slicer on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Toefoo wrote: »
    Crunchyroll has Saki on its website.
    Underwater-Mahjong for as many eps as you can. MakiMaki after that.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I heard tell that Negima might be getting some decent OVA, any more word about this? I really want to see the
    Negima v. Rakan
    fight animated.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I heard tell that Negima might be getting some decent OVA, any more word about this? I really want to see the
    Negima v. Rakan fight animated.

They did release one a year or so again that finished at the end of the festival.

I know they had planned for a few more but I have no idea when they were dated for release.

You might want to edit that part or we'll have Pika foaming at the mouth in a minute.

Kelor on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dude, if you've ever seen a shonen show, you knew it was going to go down. It's a staple of the goddamn genre. But fine, edited.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    No worries, it's just my definition of "preemptive" is "has the other thread been locked yet?". Just add the School Days stuff from anyone in the last thread (Mine heroics included) and you're good to go.

God damn I'm so tense these days.

I was thinking of something along the lines of that guy changing the sign in Futurama, but making it 'It has been X weeks since Dac Vin has been on a School Days strike.

Where X is the time since the airing of the first episode of it.

dac_vin_cottageboycopy.jpg
    Excuse my noobish gimp skills.
    FIXED

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sora no Manimani ep3: so good.

Epic misunderstanding scene to start off had me bustin up. Then the other girl who likes him asks him if the rumours are true, and they censor her with animal noises :lol:. This show has great facial expressions, Mihoshi's frustrated reaction to the student body president's antagonism was delightful.

Nice stargazing scene. This might be the first show to feature an obligatory stargazing scene in each episode. They really manage to strike a nice balance between the comedy and the more emotional scenes.

More people need to hop on the bandwagon. It doesn't even have any fanservice, so it's safe for you guys who don't like that stuff.

Edit: well played, Heatwave. I was going to do one with Makoto's face on the sign, but I got frustrated and gave up.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Dude, if you've ever seen a shonen show, you knew it was going to go down. It's a staple of the goddamn genre. But fine, edited.

Oh I know that. But you know what he's like about that stuff.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SomethingorotherSomethingorother Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, somebody tell me what the hell manga this page is from, and where can I go to buy everything from it

dh03004copyie4.jpg

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's Dorohedoro, according to a channel I frequent. Dunno, but I'm looking through it, and it looks interesting.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like Bleach's new ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBJosiAvEPw

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    polaris314 wrote: »
    I also re-watched Bebop + movie recently and continued to scratch that itch by starting up Champloo again. So, so, so good. Those guys need to get another series going ASAP - or have they already? I can't keep up with the news as much as many of you can.

Edit - Quick search turned up Seiken no Blacksmith as their next announced project. Thoughts? I'm not familiar with the source at all.

I haven't heard a damn thing

Last thing the director worked on officially was as music producer for Michiko to Hatchin, and Google says he gave an interview like three years ago where he said he was working on a new animated series and it was being funded by an American company but he couldn't say anything more

I really wish he'd do something new

ALSO: apparently another manga/light novel series/whatever by the guy who created Baccano! is being picked up and animated. Pretty much everyone involved in making Baccano! (including the guy who did the music!) will be involved

I have no idea what it is about beyond it's set in Tokyo and some Irish headless faerie-demon comes looking for it's stolen head while riding on it's living motorcycle

So I'll be watching that fuckin' show a lot!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I also re-watched Bebop + movie recently and continued to scratch that itch by starting up Champloo again. So, so, so good. Those guys need to get another series going ASAP - or have they already? I can't keep up with the news as much as many of you can.

Edit - Quick search turned up Seiken no Blacksmith as their next announced project. Thoughts? I'm not familiar with the source at all.

Last thing the director worked on officially was as music producer for Michiko to Hatchin, and Google says he gave an interview like three years ago where he said he was working on a new animated series and it was being funded by an American company but he couldn't say anything more

ALSO: apparently another manga/light novel series/whatever by the guy who created Baccano! is being picked up and animated. Pretty much everyone involved in making Baccano! (including the guy who did the music!) will be involved

I have no idea what it is about beyond it's set in Tokyo and some Irish headless faerie-demon comes looking for it's stolen head while riding on it's living motorcycle

That sounds fucking awesome!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

That sounds fucking awesome!

I KNOW!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I think I mentioned it a thread or two ago, it's called Durarara!! The character designer also happens to be the designer for Yozakura Quartet, and you can really tell it. Here's the main site.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would have liked another season of Baccano, but that sounds like the next best thing.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I think I mentioned it a thread or two ago, it's called Durarara!! The character designer also happens to be the designer for Yozakura Quartet, and you can really tell it. Here's the main site.
    Dammit, man! What do you expect me to do with all that moonspeak?!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I just look at all the character designs and stuff. Here's a google translate version of the story page.
    Distorted love and friendship, it's not MATOMO back so full of racy secret! Fantasy youth in shock!
    Ikebukuro, Tokyo.
    Dragon boy Teizin peak months憧RERU the daily life of the city (YUUGAMINEMIKADO RI),正臣紀田of幼馴染(expected substruction deep blue) in the offer of admission to the school to come good in the local IKEBUKURO away.正臣says, turning the enemy to live in Ikebukuro I heard some do exist.
    In particular, the thugs of the finest fighting Takeshi Shidu Heiwajima (IWAJIMASHIZU to you), and Orihara臨也engage in a hobby store information (or the stomach crunch) 2.
    The gang have a system of color organization unspecified strange "DARAZU".
    First day of Tokyo, has seen OBOETA Teijin正臣concerned about such talk, ride a bike in black urban legend "headless rider," was ... ....

Color Gangs take root even in case of stranger danger and continuous IKEBUKURO "width賊yellow" to the existence of emerging, we're going to break the city of Ikebukuro -.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sora no Manimani ep3: so good.

Epic misunderstanding scene to start off had me bustin up. Then the other girl who likes him asks him if the rumours are true, and they censor her with animal noises :lol:. This show has great facial expressions, Mihoshi's frustrated reaction to the student body president's antagonism was delightful.

Nice stargazing scene. This might be the first show to feature an obligatory stargazing scene in each episode. They really manage to strike a nice balance between the comedy and the more emotional scenes.

More people need to hop on the bandwagon. It doesn't even have any fanservice, so it's safe for you guys who don't like that stuff.

Edit: well played, Heatwave. I was going to do one with Makoto's face on the sign, but I got frustrated and gave up.

Yes! AnimeOne is subbing it and they're pretty good. We have scenery porn on the tvtropes site, so maybe we can add Sky Porn to the subdivisions of that.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I just look at all the character designs and stuff. Here's a google translate version of the story page.
    Distorted love and friendship, it's not MATOMO back so full of racy secret! Fantasy youth in shock!
    Ikebukuro, Tokyo.
    Dragon boy Teizin peak months憧RERU the daily life of the city (YUUGAMINEMIKADO RI),正臣紀田of幼馴染(expected substruction deep blue) in the offer of admission to the school to come good in the local IKEBUKURO away.正臣says, turning the enemy to live in Ikebukuro I heard some do exist.
    In particular, the thugs of the finest fighting Takeshi Shidu Heiwajima (IWAJIMASHIZU to you), and Orihara臨也engage in a hobby store information (or the stomach crunch) 2.
    The gang have a system of color organization unspecified strange "DARAZU".
    First day of Tokyo, has seen OBOETA Teijin正臣concerned about such talk, ride a bike in black urban legend "headless rider," was ... ....

Color Gangs take root even in case of stranger danger and continuous IKEBUKURO "width賊yellow" to the existence of emerging, we're going to break the city of Ikebukuro -.
    Google translations make me go
    anguish5.jpg
    Seriously, though, this is going to be awesome!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.