As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Heh, me and Gumpy'eh? :P

Hippie on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mr. B, let me be the first to thank you for running this; I don't even want to think about all the PMs you had going in and out with the cards. This was a really fun game, I had a blast. Thanks, sir!

Houn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Also, yeah, we had all the motive faction PMs.

Correction: You had all the basic, single-motive faction PMs. I did not give you guys the six double-motive PMs.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    LoserForHireX - Money - Dominick Nessler o_O

Why didn't you contact the Greed network in the beginning?

boogedyboo on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    warban wrote: »
    I hated grumpy more at that point anyway .... and ever though you turned out to be the Bodyguard he was the bigger threat, Because hey he was leading the village down stupid street.

Hi5.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    I hated grumpy more at that point anyway .... and ever though you turned out to be the Bodyguard he was the bigger threat, Because hey he was leading the village down stupid street.

Hi5.

This is exactly why I chose to join his network. Any suspicions would be largely deflected onto Gumpy.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Correction: You had all the basic, single-motive faction PMs. I did not give you guys the six double-motive PMs.

Was there any possible way we would have known they were lying? I'm just wondering.

Egos on
    edited October 2009

Hi5.

This is exactly why I chose to join his network. Any suspicions would be largely deflected onto Gumpy.

And that is why I expressed EXTREME DISPLEASURE to Gumpy that you were allowed into his safe haven of bodyguard-win-chance-increase.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    <3

Zandracon on
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You will all find our boards nice and organized. :D

TY Mr Blarney for a pleasing game. Even when I knew stuff like it was coming, I couldn't help but crack smiles every time I ducked flying model ships and lawn chairs or a Punchfest!!(TM) occured. Dr Lucky is an excellent NPC, I think he should be the one pulling the trap switches and doing the closing and whatnot in the narrations.

EGOS might want to know:
    Shalmelo - was this really in someones PM? ""the serendipity Dr. Lucky receives means ______ for others...""?

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
    edited October 2009
    Also, I'm disappointed Gumpy turned out not to be a bodyguard. I would have grudged him so hard if he turned out to be one and survived to win the game.

Houn, nicely done infiltration. You had me so convinced that I was more suspicious of Teh_Sloth then you.

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Was there any possible way we would have known they were lying? I'm just wondering.

Intuition and luck was the only way. Someone would have had to die as a bodyguard who you know had the PM info.

I knew the moment Kay opened his mouth, but I trusted my dudes.

Well, my dudes in the Occult proboard. I couldn't care less about the infiltrated Lovers board really. :P

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wooo go Bodyguards!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2009
    Also investigation (seer) cards.

I've removed the password on Gumpy's agent boards, so they're now open to the public. I'm assuming that's standard tradition for him since the other game boards are open.

http://gentlemenfighters.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=agent
    Man if you turn out to be a body guard in the end Rawking then my hat goes off to you.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You also need to remove the account creation requirment.

Also to add, It was an awesome game MR.B Thanks for running it. I thought overall it played very well and enjoyed playing.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited October 2009
    Egos on
    edited October 2009

Sort of? There were Investigate cards that had the seer function, as well as a couple players with the Detective ability that could sacrifice cards for a seer. Outside of that, death was the only way to reveal village-mafia alignment.

The reason why I gave the mafia the basic faction PMs was to allow them to blend in better. Sure, there were a good amount of players with the generic win condition, but I was afraid of the village simply going after the unaligned without relenting. I was kind of hoping that there would be an infiltrator in a network eliminated earlier, to try and clue people in the village a little better about how things were structured, to create the appropriate amount of paranoia within each faction. Now, there was certainly some doubt within the various boards, but not as much as I was expecting, allowing the infiltrators to carry on their own schemes.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, this was the first time I made it to the final day.

And all because the guards WANTED me alive. Apologies to my Occult mates - I failed in the worst way possible.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited October 2009

Intuition and luck was the only way. Someone would have had to die as a bodyguard who you know had the PM info.

Well, my dudes in the Occult proboard. I couldn't care less about the infiltrated Lovers board really. :P

Thats a shame, I really wasn't sure what the standards were for Gumpy's club at first. Especially after Edcrab was mentioned and he claimed to not even be involved.

ah, I didn't know those existed. Shows how oblivious I was D:

Egos on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rawwking: Technically yes, but he hasn't bothered to release the passwords on Bioshock or Civilization. I bugged him about it, he keeps being lazy.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oaklore wrote: »
    Twas the first game I actually dodged the bullets. I'm suprised I lived.

Obvious evil is evil.

I'm surprised that you lived too, given that I stole a failure card from you and tried to kill you TWICE.

:?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Good game, MrB! I enjoyed watching it even if I had no clue who was what in the end.

Also:
    garroad wrote:
    Alright, I'm definitely behind evicting eccooo. It's going to seriously hinder the village's ability to analyze votes, and will encourage more sheeping.

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHA

*wipes tear from his face*

So that's why I was taken out night 3.

Hahaha

Haha

*sob*

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2009
    Good game, MrB! I enjoyed watching it even if I had no clue who was what in the end.

Also:
    garroad wrote:
    Alright, I'm definitely behind evicting eccooo. It's going to seriously hinder the village's ability to analyze votes, and will encourage more sheeping.

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHA

Hahaha

Haha

*sob*

Hey, at least it's a better fucking reason than Whitney Houston.

edited October 2009
    Spreadsheeters are always burdened by the risk of getting brained by the mafia. It comes with the 'job'.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009

Thats a shame, I really wasn't sure what the standards were for Gumpy's club at first. Especially after Edcrab was mentioned and he claimed to not even be involved.

ah, I didn't know those existed. Shows how oblivious I was D:

Really? Houn told us that CrimsonCoyote (one of your members) could sacrifice cards to duplicate seers. We promptly had him evicted.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Coyote never contacted me

Egos on
    edited October 2009

TY Mr Blarney for a pleasing game. Even when I knew stuff like it was coming, I couldn't help but crack smiles every time I ducked flying model ships and lawn chairs or a Punchfest!!(TM) occured. Dr Lucky is an excellent NPC, I think he should be the one pulling the trap switches and doing the closing and whatnot in the narrations.

EGOS might want to know:
    Shalmelo - was this really in someones PM? ""the serendipity Dr. Lucky receives means ______ for others...""?

Yeah, it was in mine - I assume it was from the occult message, I was revenge/occult motive. The blank there is "Jinxes". When you didn't respond, I was finally 100% convinced that you were a bodyguard, after being about 80% convinced for days. But damnit, you JUST. WOULDN'T. DIE...

shalmelo on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Also:
    garroad wrote:

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHA

Hahaha

Haha

*sob*

Hahah, yeah, sorry about that. I blame it on the amount of public vote analysis that was going on at the time. I figured at least half of those doing the analyzing would be too busy or lazy to actually keep up their own spreadsheets.

garroad_ran on
  • oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »

EGOS might want to know:

Yeah, it was in mine - I assume it was from the occult message, I was revenge/occult motive. The blank there is "Jinxes". When you didn't respond, I was finally 100% convinced that you were a bodyguard, after being about 80% convinced for days. But damnit, you JUST. WOULDN'T. DIE...

It sounded pretty revengy. But we didn't have that part and I was ready to throw up my hands like, "Dude, I don't have that. What now?" Adventfalls also contacted me BTW.

Failure cards. I was like the juggernaut in this game, failure cards all day.

BTW everyone heres some bodyguard abilities (theres a few more):
    Body Double Bodyguard - You may choose each game day to switch places with Dr. Lucky either just before Movement Cards are applied in the Action Phase or just after the Movement Phase has been resolved.

Bouncer Bodyguard - You may discard four cards from your hand to duplicate the effects of the special card Eviction-1. (Play on another player in your current room to evict them from the mansion, eliminating them from the game.) If you discard four cards and an Eviction-1, you may duplicate the effects of the special card Eviction-2. (Play on another player in either your current room or an adjacent room to evict them from the mansion, eliminating them from the game.) This is treated as using a Special Card in the Action Phase.

Confiscator Bodyguard - You may discard one card from your hand to duplicate the effects of the special card Steal-1. (Play on another player in your current room to steal a random card from their hand into yours.) If you discard one card and a Steal-1, you may duplicate the effects of the special card Steal-2. (Play on another player in either your current room or an adjacent room to steal a random card from their hand into yours.) This is treated as using a Special Card in the Action Phase.

Deadly Bodyguard - You may discard any card from your hand when making an attack (either with a Weapon Card or with a default attack) to increase the Weapon Value of the attack by 1. You may also discard additional cards for a +1 bonus for every two cards discarded.

Protector Bodyguard - You may discard three cards from your hand to duplicate the effects of the special card Protection-1. (Play on yourself, Dr. Lucky, or another player in your current room to nullify the effects of all cards (except for this one) played on the target this turn.) If you discard three cards and a Protection-1, you may duplicate the effects of the special card Protection-2. (Play on yourself, Dr. Lucky, or another player in either your current room or an adjacent room to nullify the effects of all cards (except for this one) played on the target this turn. This is treated as using a Special Card in the Action Phase.

Resistant Bodyguard - You have a Failure defense of one for each attack made against you.

Support Bodyguard - You may reserve one Failure card in your hand to be played in case Dr. Lucky lacks sufficient defense to repel an attack. You can also assign yourself to die in Dr. Lucky’s place if you are in an adjacent room to him and nobody else is able to protect him.

Tough Bodyguard - You have a Failure defense of two for a single attack against you each game day. This will be used automatically in as efficient a manner as possible.

Mine was that I could use the ability of dead bodyguards each night. I was tough most of the time. You all don't want to know hippie's ability.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
    edited October 2009

EGOS might want to know:

Ironic because it's not part of the solo occult message.

You should be ashamed of yourself for playing the fill in the blank PM game though, Shalmelo. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Even if paraphrasing the fluff was kinda part of the game :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Village voting me out was terrrrrrriblleeeeee.

Zandracon on
    edited October 2009

Wait then how did Houn know about Coyote? o_O

boogedyboo on
    edited October 2009
    You should be ashamed of yourself for playing the fill in the blank PM game though, Shalmelo. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Yeah, fill in the blanks are the worst of role pm sharing. It's cheating with a capital os.

edited October 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

So you got Whitney Houston'd too huh

edited October 2009
    boogedyboo wrote: »

I'm guessing they were pushing people for info.

Egos on
    edited October 2009
    I suppose it's a good idea to remind everyone, there's links in the second post for all sorts of reveals and information about the game mechanics and players' actions. Please take a look through it all - it's a little disorganized, but it should be helpful to get a grasp on how everything was structured. It wasn't nearly as complicated a game as some of my past ones.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2009

EGOS might want to know:

Ironic because it's not part of the solo occult message.

Even if paraphrasing the fluff was kinda part of the game :P

Yeah, I was doing everything in my power to figure out who, if anyone, in the Lounge was a bodyguard on the final night. I finally drew a decent weapon and wanted to take a crack at Dr. Lucky.

shalmelo on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    boogedyboo wrote: »

IIRC, it was in a PM I got from someone (Dogbone, maybe?), not the boards.

Houn on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, at least it's a better fucking reason than Whitney Houston.

True. =/
    Spreadsheeters are always burdened by the risk of getting brained by the mafia. It comes with the 'job'.

Haha, true. =P

Not that I'm fussed.

I had no Bodyguard sense in this main, as it turned out. Your whole, "PM Kitano with whoever you think the bodyguards are!" made me realise that I actually had no idea who was who.
    Hahah, yeah, sorry about that. I blame it on the amount of public vote analysis that was going on at the time. I figured at least half of those doing the analyzing would be too busy or lazy to actually keep up their own spreadsheets.

Lazy bums! We need spreadsheeter redundancy. :P Although I think I saw Jobastion with his own, later.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »

<3<3<3

Rawkking Goodguy on
This discussion has been closed.