Options

Modern Warfare 2: No killstreaks, Vector only, Final Destination. (Steam Group in OP)

• Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It really annoying to say this, and I hope it doesn't open a can of worms...

But this wouldn't be a problem with dedicated servers.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's a sad day when the truth is a can of worms

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So hey guys, PC question. How do you change your name tag's name color? I see people using all sorts of colors, bright pink, green, etc, I was just curious as to see what could be done to further customize my callsign.

:?:

And yeah, IWnet is down.

From IW...
    Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: When you want to player a multiplayer game on PC, in the past. You’d have to scroll through a Server Browser which listed every available server which was hosted by individual server admins. Each had their own private rules, mods, or ways of playing the game. Most players would also use the server browser to find just the best quality game (based on PING). With IWNET matchmaking, it takes all that into account for you. All you have to do is select the playlist (pre-set gametypes with custom rules) that fits the style of play you are in the mood for. When you do, it will automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL. So you’re always guaranteed the best game performance for where you are and what connection you’re playing on as well as an equal game with other players of your same skill level, not rank, but skill level. It doesn’t mean you’ll just be thrown into a random game! It will put you in the game that will give you the smoothest gameplay possible without you having to manually find a server with the best ping.

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you don’t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you. However, say you’re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don’t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

All in all, IWNET adds a load of new features that the PC version of our games have never had before and allows us an infrastructure to continue to update and improve on the game post-launch.

I wonder which will be next to go, lets see.. that's Cheat / Hack Free Games, smoother gameplay gone...

This is quite an enjoyable watch.. it's like a beautiful symphony destroying itself in a cacophony of wrong notes. Horrible to listen to yet somehow you must listen.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I really want to play Terminal more. Search and Destroy on that map is glorious. The one in the plane especially is so sweet to attack and to defend.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Party system is already jacked up. Tried to play a game with a party of four last night and it took like 12 tries to get into one game. It just kept failing.

And how come I haven't played Rust yet? I'm level fucking 50.

Hoz on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah replayed Act 3
    my favorite missions are still the stretch between Of Their Own Accord and Whiskey Hotel

And Soap and Price better have their names cleared by the next game. How could anyone believe Shepherd? He literally has a Cobra Commander base in Afghanistan and apparently and EVIL company of Americans who have no problem fucking burning special forces troops alive because Cobra Commander told them to.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    Party system is already jacked up. Tried to play a game with a party of four last night and it took like 12 tries to get into one game. It just kept failing.

And how come I haven't played Rust yet? I'm level fucking 50.

I think its only FFA .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Been playing single player.

The Brazil levels bring the game to a fucking halt and are NOT fun in the slightest.

Sheep on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I really want to play Terminal more. Search and Destroy on that map is glorious. The one in the plane especially is so sweet to attack and to defend.

I love it when people hide in the back of the plane, behind the ladder. Since I'm normally rocking a heartbeat sensor, I pick up their location and proceed to walk up the ramp backwards, facing up and shoot them the moment they're in sight.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally, my 360 copy shipped. I will be shooting mans with you peeps come the 18th-20th. I'm going to make a day long marathon of it, if anyone is up for that.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

The Brazil levels bring the game to a fucking halt and are NOT fun in the slightest.

It gets better , I enjoyed the American campaign more then TF 141 .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I love it when people hide in the back of the plane, behind the ladder. Since I'm normally rocking a heartbeat sensor, I pick up their location and proceed to walk up the ramp backwards, facing up and shoot them the moment they're in sight.

I saw a guy steer a predator into the left side airlock with the inflatable slide. That was also the time I learned you could boost the predator.

In fact, thinking about it, I've used all the killstreaks except the nuke and the bog standard predator is probably one of the best. AC130 is good on the more open maps (got a six in one kill on underpass) but if there are any buildings you're screwed.

With hardline, four kills in a row for a predator. I can get that in my sleep on HQ maps.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I ditch the "walk backwards" bit and just light up the entire floor.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Boost the predator? Whachu talkin' about?

Hoz on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hit the trigger button again for BOOST.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Hit R1 when it's coming down and it fires extra rockets and impacts the ground almost instantly.

It's like, as soon as you line it up with the targets, hit R1 and BAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjlZTqdFh8

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    T3rryT3rry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Haha i did that, camped in the back of the plane, the whole other team just kept rolling in, i keps popping them, it was so funny, i had 11 in a row before i ran out of ammo and had to go scavenger some bodies, went back, and got some more kills, went to go scavenger some more and then i got killed.

T3rry on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Hit R1 when it's coming down and it fires extra rockets and impacts the ground almost instantly.

It's like, as soon as you line it up with the targets, hit R1 and BAM.

Unimpressed. I can do that with a Javelin. But then, I'm an evil bastard with explosives. And C4 unlocks far too late.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Question: What did they add in to make people Prestige now? Titles and emblems?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm really looking forward to using C4 in bomb/headquarters playlists.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

That and some challenges and the World at War "More Class Slots" thing.
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to using C4 in bomb/headquarters playlists.

Pity it sucks now.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

And extra custom class slots.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hah, why does he disconnect from Live at the end? That must have been so annoying.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OK so again, absolutely no reason to Prestige.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

That and some challenges and the World at War "More Class Slots" thing.

THANK FUCKING CHRIST

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So are heartbeat sensors useful in hardcore or does everyone go ninja? I need to use a silencer but I feel blind w/o my sensor.

Shaggy on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shaggy wrote: »
    So are heartbeat sensors useful in hardcore or does everyone go ninja? I need to use a silencer but I feel blind w/o my sensor.

I tried using the heartbeat sensor on one level in Hardcore and it did jack and shit for me. Granted, it was one of the bigger maps, but anyone in the moderate to close range was running ninja, it seemed. Particularly as they put many many bullets in my face.

I pretty much removed it from that build right after the match.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to try and play some Spec Ops mode if anyone wants to join me. GT is Blankosaurus, I'm logging on now.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

It varies. Against me, it'd still have a use provided you can catch me, as I sprint about stabbing people in hardcore. I love my tac-knife.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Give us back party chat or at least give it back on the playlists that don't suffer from it and fix the spawn system , the campers will eventually deal with themselves.
    So really what's the difference between party and team chat? Aside from being able to talk about team mates behind their back and not communicating to the rest of your team and between matches not being able to talk without others hearing you because you don't want them to hear you talking about them?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So how do you do this predator missile boost on the PC? Just click again or what?

Sceptre on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Give us back party chat or at least give it back on the playlists that don't suffer from it and fix the spawn system , the campers will eventually deal with themselves.
    So really what's the difference between party and team chat? Aside from being able to talk about team mates behind their back and not communicating to the rest of your team and between matches not being able to talk without others hearing you because you don't want them to hear you talking about them?

Just because you don't want people listening in on your private conversation does not mean you are speaking ill of them.

tofu on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

It varies. Against me, it'd still have a use provided you can catch me, as I sprint about stabbing people in hardcore. I love my tac-knife.

While I don't usually play hardcore because IMO it's even more retarded than regular playlists in terms of "lol u ded", the tacknives are amazing on closed in maps, especially on Estate and that one map I can't seem to think of atm (three bridges, assloads of buildings, has the pasture with dead cows.)

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tofu wrote: »

Just because you don't want people listening in on your private conversation does not mean you are speaking ill of them.
    what private conversations might these be that you're embarrassed about others hearing? Oh hey Jen, hows the baby doing? Fine she burped up of peas today. How's your job gooing along as a terrorist spy for Wyoming? Good, you know, it's big and sandy.

And why would this have to be done during serious games times.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sceptre wrote: »
    So how do you do this predator missile boost on the PC? Just click again or what?

left click

Enosh20 on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Hornet's Nest isnt too terrible, but I got absolutly no enjoyment out of the mission before that...ugh

Trying to get the Veteran Achievements but just knowing I have to replay that on Veteran no less is just...soul crushing

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tofu wrote: »

what private conversations might these be that you're embarrassed about others hearing? Oh hey Jen, hows the baby doing? Fine she burped up of peas today. How's your job gooing along as a terrorist spy for Wyoming? Good, you know, it's big and sandy.

And why would this have to be done during serious games times.

Because we all play games very seriously all the time. That's pretty much exactly the kind of conversation I want to have while playing. I play MW2 with friends from back home that I don't see any more, and we often talk about boring life stuff while shooting mans.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Replaying Rio on Veteran wasn't so bad, in fact it was easier than Regular because I knew exactly where I should be looking for enemies.

Hoz on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Hornet's Nest isnt too terrible, but I got absolutly no enjoyment out of the mission before that...ugh

Trying to get the Veteran Achievements but just knowing I have to replay that on Veteran no less is just...soul crushing

This is why I played it on Vet first. I knew parts were going to be rough from the first game, but I had no idea what was coming so it made it less painful.

Now I can replay it at a leisurely pace getting all the intel and such.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I liked the Brazil level, if only for the bad ass conclusion to it. It made me a little gay for Soap.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png