As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] New Calculator w/ Regional Prices (Page 98)

• Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It looks like not only is the new Prince of Persia is on sale but also the prince of Persia pack. Each game individually is on sale as well. I highly recommend either sands of time or two thrones.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The issue I have with buying Prince of Persia on PC isn't gameplay related, just the fact that they released the epilogue as DLC to consoles and then refused to put it out on PC.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of getting Prince of Persia, I warn you it is utter garbage.

Someone might post saying they think otherwise, but they are probably lying.

Yeah, i was disappointed, i picked it up from Gogamer for 5 bux or so. I think i put 30 minutes into it.

Wicked Uncle Ernie on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Still thinking about getting Prince of Persia

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Redlance wrote: »
    It looks like not only is the new Prince of Persia is on sale but also the prince of Persia pack. Each game individually is on sale as well. I highly recommend either sands of time or two thrones.

It's a shame that A) There is no "Sands of Time trilogy" pack, and B) There is no pack at all in the UK.

I would have probably got the SOT trilogy for under a tenner.

LewieP on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Already got Trackmania and World of Goo (both awesome). About the only other thing there that interests me is Lucidity.

What's it like? Any good?

subedii on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    subedii wrote: »
    Already got Trackmania and World of Goo (both awesome). About the only other thing there that interests me is Lucidity.

What's it like? Any good?

Tetris + Lemmings + Silly, sappy story

Robman on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anybody else's game time tracking borked?

With the new system, I assumed that it would keep track of time played past a period of two weeks, because isn't that what the slashes are for? If you look at your recently played games, it'll say, for example: Left 4 Dead 2: 25.5/25.5. The first number should be the amount played in the last two weeks and the second number should be the amount played total.

But Dragon Age just rolled over to the two week mark, I had about 37.5 hours in it, and now it says 18 hours last two weeks / 18 hours on record.

Disappointing. Hopefully they'll fix it.

freakish light on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

With the new system, I assumed that it would keep track of time played past a period of two weeks, because isn't that what the slashes are for? If you look at your recently played games, it'll say, for example: Left 4 Dead 2: 25.5/25.5. The first number should be the amount played in the last two weeks and the second number should be the amount played total.

But Dragon Age just rolled over to the two week mark, I had about 37.5 hours in it, and now it says 18 hours last two weeks / 18 hours on record.

STEAM tells me I've logged 11 hours on Civ IV; I've logged maybe 4-5 in reality.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Those time played things are waaaaaay off.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I haven't had a problem with it before. shrug.

freakish light on
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

STEAM tells me I've logged 11 hours on Civ IV; I've logged maybe 4-5 in reality.

Where do you go to look at your time played?

Jungleskye on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2009
    Well, we all know that time flows in arcane manners in Valve's dimension.

Echo on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    time played tracking is pretty accurate for me, though i sometimes leave games open for long stretches of time where i'm not actually playing them, which throws things off.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Prince of Persia is pretty great. it's not a game with a huge amount of depth, but the fun combat and absolutely beautiful levels justify the cost imo.

i am still pissed at ubisoft for not releasing the epilogue DLC on PC, but there are playthroughs of it on youtube and it's not like we're missing very much
    elika is pissed that the prince released ahriman for her, gets pouty, finds her powers are not tied to the now-destroyed temple but are instead innate to her as the last Ahura in the land, goes off to find the rest of her people. princey gets left behind where ahriman's now all "i owe you one, mate. wanna grab a pint? i'll pick up the tab also you get one wish what's it gonna be" and such. princey's all NO I HAET U

so yeah, just a brief set-up for a sequel.

STILL pissed me off that we didn't get it on PC, but in all honesty it's less content than mass effect's bring down the sky.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Welp, I bought the Battlefield 2 pack for myself and a friend.

Sigh, I'm terrible.

Melkster on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm really hanging on Guild Wars. I've tried the demo/trial, and didn't really like it (why can't you jump, oh my gooood), but I'm sure it does eventually get better beyond the starting zone. Normally, I wouldn't care, but the only reason I'm even considering this is because it doesn't have a monthly fee. Now, I assume that this is a lot of content at that price.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    if i buy the THQ pack can i give someone my Saints Row 2 product key or does it automatically link to my account?

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bullio wrote: »
    No Torchlight. Boo.

Limed for Truth.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    w00dm4n wrote: »
    if i buy the THQ pack can i give someone my Saints Row 2 product key or does it automatically link to my account?

You don't get duplicate copies. Even if you've already got some of the games in the package you're buying, you just get the new ones added to your list. You can't give copies of the other stuff to friends.

About the only exception to this that I can think of is the Orange Box, where they threw in copies of HL2 and Ep2, which you could gift to friends if you'd bought them previously.

subedii on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I'm really hanging on Guild Wars. I've tried the demo/trial, and didn't really like it (why can't you jump, oh my gooood), but I'm sure it does eventually get better beyond the starting zone. Normally, I wouldn't care, but the only reason I'm even considering this is because it doesn't have a monthly fee. Now, I assume that this is a lot of content at that price.

GW is a funny old game that seems to have everything going for it. Lovely graphics, good performance, no monthly fee, etc. Despite all that and despite trying several times, I just couldn't get into it, and I have no idea why. I slip into WoW in seconds, but not this one.

Tis a mystery!

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Monger wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Do it.

Don't do it, the new one isn't a game so much as a graphical Simon Says. Dreadfully dull gameplay, most disappointing purchase I believe I have ever made. Now the story was solid and fun, still not as good as SoT, but the gameplay destroyed all enjoyment after the first few hours.

I bought Trine and lord how did I not know about this game? It is gorgeous, unique, lively and just absolutely amazing. I'm enjoying it more than anything I've played all year.

Accualt on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PoP isn't that bad, my main complaint was the sameness of it - you can do the "worlds" in any order, they all follow the same basic formula each having one boss fight that happens numerous times each, and there's no sense of plot development because the writers know that any level could be your first level. Some games just aren't meant to be sandboxes.

Zek on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Accualt wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Do it.

Don't do it, the new one isn't a game so much as a graphical Simon Says. Dreadfully dull gameplay, most disappointing purchase I believe I have ever made. Now the story was solid and fun, still not as good as SoT, but the gameplay destroyed all enjoyment after the first few hours.

I bought Trine and lord how did I not know about this game? It is gorgeous, unique, lively and just absolutely amazing. I'm enjoying it more than anything I've played all year.
    PoP isn't what I would call dull. It just happens to be, as someone mentioned a couple pages back, a chill game for chill people. I have my own set of gripes with it, but nothing that makes it not worth playing.

What I'm getting at here is come on.

Come. On.

And buy Trine, too. That game is wonderful.

Monger on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My favorite part of PoP (and, really, the only part that makes it worth playing, as far as I'm concerned) is that it just feels really nice, and relaxing. It has a great sense of place, I feel - the experience of traversing some awesome environments is essentially the entire point of the game.

It's actually kind of like a platformer version of Flower, now that I think about it.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The new PoP was pretty good although I never played the other games but briefly.

It has really really cool artstyle and you can just kick back and go with the flow of the game. Plus it has Nolan North who is now the white version to Kieth David of go to bad ass voice actors.

I bet Steve Blum is pissed. But then again he is in every game ever now as a bit character.

Anyways get PoP.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Roshin wrote: »

GW is a funny old game that seems to have everything going for it. Lovely graphics, good performance, no monthly fee, etc. Despite all that and despite trying several times, I just couldn't get into it, and I have no idea why. I slip into WoW in seconds, but not this one.

Tis a mystery!

The thing to remember is that it's NOT a traditional MMO. The expansions after the first one really removed the grinding aspect of it pretty much in total, so pretty much all you do is decide on builds, and try them out. You really have to think of a strategy for your character and what your focus is going to be, since you only get 8 skills out of the hundreds for each of your 2 classes. The starting zones are not really indicative at all, since you only have a paltry amount of skills there, it's MUCH better once you get into the meat of the game.

And in other news, Trackmania is fun as hell, guys. I think I might have to pick up the full version.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the new prince of persia is a rhythm game. plain and simple. 1 button jumps, 1 button grabs, one button swings, one button does <other acrobatic move>. you then have to hit these buttons in time as you get to the obsticle in order to continue the chain, for x button presses. (much like a QTE, only its alot smoother and nicer)

This sounds terrible, but its hidden pretty well. I dont think its a $15 game though when I think about it. If you get it for PC, get a trainer that wont make you do the collectathons. There terrible and are an artifical extension for the game. I think even without a epilogue dlc, the ability to remove the collectathons makes it superior.

Those that already bought it, I think you might enjoy it, I did. But its really just not a prince of persia game and the ending is very strange to say the least.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just want to reiterate that POP is a piece of crap.

Edit: Or at least they should have called it "My first platformer: For little sissys"

LewieP on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck it, bought Lucidity for a my girlfriend.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Just want to reiterate that POP is a piece of crap.

Edit: Or at least they should have called it "My first platformer: For little sissys"

I don't care what you say, I have a great time with it. I don't have any compensation problems. I don't need to prove I'm a TOUGH BADASS or anything. It's a gorgeous journey through one of the best designed worlds ever.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the new prince of persia is a rhythm game. plain and simple. 1 button jumps, 1 button grabs, one button swings, one button does <other acrobatic move>. you then have to hit these buttons in time as you get to the obsticle in order to continue the chain, for x button presses. (much like a QTE, only its alot smoother and nicer)

This sounds terrible, but its hidden pretty well. I dont think its a $15 game though when I think about it. If you get it for PC, get a trainer that wont make you do the collectathons. There terrible and are an artifical extension for the game. I think even without a epilogue dlc, the ability to remove the collectathons makes it superior.

Those that already bought it, I think you might enjoy it, I did. But its really just not a prince of persia game and the ending is very strange to say the least.

Collectathon? Traversing the world for more orbs was part of the fun.

tofu on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I find the lack of combat in PoP to be a nice bonus feature. When it first came out I was all "What? You can't die? This is where gaming is headed? Bah!" and then I hrumphed around town pretending like I was a tuffguy. Then I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago and loved it. It wasn't the most intense game experience I have ever had but it was relaxing and I enjoyed almost all of it. The story was amusing, the characters were fun, and some of the action sequences, although planned out and I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that I couldn't fail them, were really bad ass and made you say wow when they were over.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    xa52xa52 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How are PoP: Two Thrones and Warrior Within? I played SoT back when it came out, and remember it being great, but I think I remember PA having a problem with one or both of the sequels. I don't remember if it was for gameplay, or because the prince was a jackass. I'm considering either replaying (re-buying) SoT or getting one of the sequels.

xa52 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    xa52 wrote: »
    How are PoP: Two Thrones and Warrior Within? I played SoT back when it came out, and remember it being great, but I think I remember PA having a problem with one or both of the sequels. I don't remember if it was for gameplay, or because the prince was a jackass. I'm considering either replaying (re-buying) SoT or getting one of the sequels.

It's Warrior Within that almost everyone hated. They changed the soundtrack to include a Godsmack song that would play more than one time, and there was a lot of backtracking. Apparently fights got better but the enemies respawned and so it was annoying.

Also, a plethora of game breaking bugs and generic smoldering rage.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    xa52 wrote: »

Two thrones is good, but not as good as SoT. It's got the combat improvement from Warrior Within and much better platforming. With the stealth skill system you can kill most enemies through platforming instead of fighting.

Warrior Within has none of the charm of the other two. It tried to do a non-linear style so you'll be going back and forth through the same areas, doing the same platforming a few times. It's also the most glitch prone. It also does not have Yuri Lowenthal as the prince.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Roshin wrote: »

Tis a mystery!

The thing to remember is that it's NOT a traditional MMO. The expansions after the first one really removed the grinding aspect of it pretty much in total, so pretty much all you do is decide on builds, and try them out. You really have to think of a strategy for your character and what your focus is going to be, since you only get 8 skills out of the hundreds for each of your 2 classes. The starting zones are not really indicative at all, since you only have a paltry amount of skills there, it's MUCH better once you get into the meat of the game.

And in other news, Trackmania is fun as hell, guys. I think I might have to pick up the full version.

Pity that Eye of the North isn't in there. It's basically the definitive GW game if you ask me. All the awesome stuff (great locations, fun battles, hilariously bad story) and cuts out all the useless crap. You need a character that has finished a campaign to play it though. I bought it on sale for €5, and that was probably one of my best gaming purchases.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So are the controls for Prince of Persia okay on the PC?

Because I don't have a gamepad handy

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, they're fine

LaCabra on
This discussion has been closed.