Options

[TF2] Arguing

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's a good idea but while you were posting that I edited in actual advice.

T4CT on
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So the last few days I've been obsessed with getting Clearcutter (the 6 axe kills in a life pyro achievement). It is not going well. I don't want to do anything lame like do it on an achievement map though, or have people let me kill them. So given those conditions, what practical advice can anyone give about being an axe murderer?

Wait till update euphoria dies down and servers go back to only 5-6 people at a time and you're forced to play melee-only? That's how I got the lumberjack one, anyhow.

p.s - anyone getting on servers? I am home sick and bored out of my mind.

JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So the last few days I've been obsessed with getting Clearcutter (the 6 axe kills in a life pyro achievement). It is not going well. I don't want to do anything lame like do it on an achievement map though, or have people let me kill them. So given those conditions, what practical advice can anyone give about being an axe murderer?

I try to get achievements like that when the server is doing melee only. It doesn't feel as cheap or dumb as trying to get them in an achievement server, but it's not like it's being handed to you on a silver platter. I was so close to getting Clearcutter while the server was doing melee only, when some bastard shot me.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zero should play late night tuftuu when we all are sleep deprived/drunk/all of the above and having heavy russian melee time.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Zero should play late night tuftuu when we all are sleep deprived/drunk/all of the above and having heavy russian melee time.

Are you kidding? Heavy melee-fests are the worst possible conditions for trying to get pyro melee achievements.

Actually Heavy anything-fests.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Are you kidding? Heavy melee-fests are the worst possible conditions for trying to get pyro melee achievements.

Actually Heavy anything-fests.

yeah, but after a few rounds someone gets pissed (Wex majors) and starts playing not-heavy.

Then people start getting irritated because some jackass (Wex majors) is running around not-heavy meleeing

and other people start going not-heavy.

Then it will be the prime of your clearcutting life.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait for a heavy sandvich-fest.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

I try to get achievements like that when the server is doing melee only. It doesn't feel as cheap or dumb as trying to get them in an achievement server, but it's not like it's being handed to you on a silver platter. I was so close to getting Clearcutter while the server was doing melee only, when some bastard shot me.
    Did you say that you had 5 and then the entire server conspired to get you killed before number 6?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

Did you say that you had 5 and then the entire server conspired to get you killed before number 6?

Stop being a dick and maybe we'd have let you get your 6th

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering why you were running at me with that axe on KOTH Nucleus.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I had five, then some bastard who was either dumb as bricks and didn't realize we were doing melee only, or some dick shot me (as well as others) while the rest of us were still doing melee only.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Stop being a dick and maybe we'd have let you get your 6th
    Oh, you did. After I respawned I just didn't tell any of you cockheads.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Go to any random pub sever(be sure to disable voip), and just start ambushing people. That's how I got it.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm missing something.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whenever I alt+tab back into tufftoo while I'm playing pyro I hear a gurgling water sound. What's up with that?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    I had a good time being Medic last night on that payload map with the frenetic Engies desperately trying to hold the line. Shoulda taken a whole demo of that run, I didn't die for 15+ minutes but came close so many times. It wasn't a steamroll defense either, people on our side kept dropping like flies but those teleporters held up well.

Next time I'll mic it up.

Yep, that was some nice healing and a pretty good game. Their were several really nice games last night. I hadn't played Heavy in forever, its just as easy as I remember.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    valve's subliminal messaging trying to get you to drown yourself for playing pyro.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FroggyP wrote: »
    I remember when Rak used to play only spy. I think zen was a main spy user also. I haven't played with them forever.D:

Man I would love it if bonk! gave health. Pistol is so incredibly useful, it should have an equally useful replacement.
    Yessssss these were the days.

Quick history fact: Did you guys know Enders' main used to be spy?

It would literally be Zen, myself and Enders rolling with each other just backstabbing the whole enemy team.

That shit used to be so much fun.

That was like two years ago. Back then their were five PA servers and all of them were constant mic spam.

"It's a stone Luigi"

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    valve's subliminal messaging trying to get you to drown yourself for playing pyro.

You might be on to something.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, remember when Goose or Zot were the scapegoats here? And we'd get all mad at Goose for piping and shit. Man, I don't think there's been any piping in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I kind of miss that shit.

Pretentious' 877 CASH NOW pipe, ha ha ha. He piped that before a fucking SotQ match once.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, remember when Goose or Zot were the scapegoats here?

This changed?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited January 2010

This changed?

Goomba's the new scapegoat.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    someone should write out an outline of what's what so those of us who haven't been paying attention/playing can catch up.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

That was like two years ago. Back then their were five PA servers and all of them were constant mic spam.

"It's a stone Luigi"

"IT's A FAFAFAFAFAFAFFAFAFAFAFOOOTBALL"

Yes, I miss piping. A bit. Kind of.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you're going to have all talk on you might as well allow piping.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

This changed?

Goomba's the new scapegoat.
    On the plus side I get a kick out of it so everyone wins.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whenever I alt+tab back into tufftoo while I'm playing pyro I hear a gurgling water sound. What's up with that?

its valve telling you to stop doing it because source games hate being alt-tabbed out of

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man. What the hell happened to this thread guys? I take like a year break from TF2 and now all this thread is is bitching and moaning and e-cock waving. What the hell.
    Shitty games make shitty threads, it's science sorry

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of which, it's almost time for a new one!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

its valve telling you to stop doing it because source games hate being alt-tabbed out of

I'd stop doing it if the web browser in their shift+tab overlay wasn't a steaming piece of shit. Not only is it IE, but it's an instance of IE that can't access the hard drive, which mean it saves no login information, and loads pages at a snail pace.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man. What the hell happened to this thread guys? I take like a year break from TF2 and now all this thread is is bitching and moaning and e-cock waving. What the hell.

its only shitty because you and goomba post in it

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

valve must love windowed no border mode then, because I never experience any problems.
    -noborder in launch options, -novid to skip the logos

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

its only shitty because you and goomba post in it
    You can't post in a game, silly!

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

valve must love windowed no border mode then, because I never experience any problems.

I actually get soundloop crashes if I play in fullscreen. Windowed mode fixes a lot of problems

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    noborder is the most amazing command steam ever got given.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

"It's a stone Luigi"

Man I miss that shit...

Goose and Zot all day with marty.

HOLY SHIT SPEAKING OF PIPING WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CREEPY UNCLE?

D-D-D-D-D-D-DENTAL PLAN!

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

"It's a stone Luigi"

Man I miss that shit...

Goose and Zot all day with marty.

HOLY SHIT SPEAKING OF PIPING WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CREEPY UNCLE?

D-D-D-D-D-D-DENTAL PLAN!

I miss piping as much as the next guy but I can only take hearing the medic and heavy having sex so many times in a row before I rage quick.

"Charge me Doctor"

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Does this affect performance at all? If not, then fuck yes.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It usually improves it.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The one time I tried noborder, I got a blue screen. By the time I restarted the server was full and I couldn't get back in. Thats been the only time I've bluescreened in a couple months. Could have been for a completely different reason, but I've gone through enough computer parts I'm not gonna push it.

Mandalorian Rooster on