As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    that's me, I'm a big liar

edit: the point is if you make the current overpowered gun shit, you're just going to make people move to the next one (carl g, 40mm gl, m16). you accomplish nothing by serving every whim of the whiny 16 year old snipers.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey look Soal

It looks like that shit is in the OP

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    It's incredibly deadly short to mid-range and most people will never know where they got hit until they're dead

Well then it should obviously be nerfed because it's over powered if you don't get to shoot back.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I should collude with the server owners to ban people

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zen you know I ain't readin anything you post

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    be like OPEC

"Hnn it seems liek there is some M60 discussion today"

"Yes let us ban these people for a couple of days"

/smokes cigar, chortles

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    The M60 also only has 100 rounds and takes a long time to reload. That's the main reason I don't use it over the other LMGs. Slow firing, low magazine size compared to the other LMGs, slow reload, bad iron sights, takes place of Medic Kit boosts if you want the M60 to be a killing machine.

Not worth it.

Assault rifles are better for killing quickly at long range.

Minus Recon of course.

Sheep on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just checked out my stats via that sig generator:

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/getsigs/pc/DrunkMc

What are Dog Tags and should I have more then 0?

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dog tags are something you get when you knife someone

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    I just checked out my stats via that sig generator:

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/getsigs/pc/DrunkMc

What are Dog Tags and should I have more then 0?

You get Dog Tags when you Knife an enemy. You get the person's tags, who you just stabbed. It's a trophy.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Yeah, I think that was in game.

Did I do the shanking?

I think the most epic part was something like, "DUDE BEHIND YOU. WAIT WA... was that Sheep? Sheep? Fuck. Sheep got em. Holy shit Sheep's still killing them GO SHEEP!"

When I pretty much Rambo'd B on that snow level I felt like 10 feet tall.

No I shanked him, I think you were raping dudes down by the flag, yeah that snow level had a lot of moments of awesome, I unlocked like 3 engineer items. Still favorite kill was the hand grenade on the abrams in that dock level.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's sick! I gotta knife someone! :) It's hard with the windup, I gotta hit knife and keep tracing the target.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    That's sick! I gotta knife someone! :) It's hard with the windup, I gotta hit knife and keep tracing the target.

I just let knife kills flow, if you force them you'll wind up dying most of the time. Funniest moment yesterday was seeing a teammate being chased by a medic, I thought the guy was trying to knife him apparently he was trying to defib his ass, I couldn't stop laughing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The M60 also only has 100 rounds and takes a long time to reload. That's the main reason I don't use it over the other LMGs. Slow firing, low magazine size compared to the other LMGs, slow reload, bad iron sights, takes place of Medic Kit boosts if you want the M60 to be a killing machine.

Not worth it.

Minus Recon of course.

What does firing rate matter if you can only put the first 1-3 shots on target? If firing rate was half the stat you and linuxgeek were making it out to be, I'd be getting slaughtered by MG3s and PP2000s and Uzis and F2000s all the time. Instead I've got 20-some hours played and haven't even seen anyone using the former 3, and I think I've been killed by an F2000 like, maybe once or twice.

High fire rate means high recoil means piss-poor accuracy. It also means chewing through ammo faster and spending more time reloading. The lower fire rate on the M60 is an advantage, not a hindrance.

Also, you mention reload time: the M60 has middle-of-the-road reload times for LMGs, and the same 100-round magazine as all but two of the LMGs.

EDIT: Limed.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Not worth it.

Minus Recon of course.

Yeah, this. It has a pretty small clip size, and only one total reload (sans finding an ammo box). And while it fires slow, if you open up and miss, you're good and well fucked. In truth, I too unlocked the M60 last night and played with it... but found myself going back to the M249 once the novelty wore off. I then gold-starred that bitch.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I could ban discussion on the M60

M60's raped my father, and killed my mother.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    be like OPEC

"Hnn it seems liek there is some M60 discussion today"

"Yes let us ban these people for a couple of days"

/smokes cigar, chortles

Truly, the one-man meta-bitching is far more engaging conversation.

Go ahead and ban me from the PA servers if it makes you happy. I haven't actually played on them.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Considering I was joking and you're taking it seriously, me thinks you need to take the stick out of your ass

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Def how's the ping for us Americanos on your server

i dunno I get like 120-200 ping cause im in the ukraine, beats when i play on the angry dome and get like 280-320ping.

Haven't been on my own server much yet when people are on cause im usually at work

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Furthermore

photo-3.png

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh snap!

BombBoyGT.png

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    s3rial one wrote: »
    High fire rate means high recoil means piss-poor accuracy. It also means chewing through ammo faster and spending more time reloading. The lower fire rate on the M60 is an advantage, not a hindrance.

are you sure about this? unless I'm reading the chart wrong, the M60 has the worst recoil, much worse than the MG3, which has a much higher rate of fire.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm mad?

No, I disagree with some people about part of the game. We're discussing it. Why you feel the need to troll us over it, I don't know.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have lost more games than I have won, joining losing teams errday

M.D. on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are there any PA conquest servers?

Rush is terribly shitty.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Go ahead and ban me from the PA servers if it makes you happy. I haven't actually played on them.

yep, I only play hardcore, so no worries there. I accidentally joined a buddy on the PA server and got kicked within 30 seconds anyway.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We kick people without a PA clan tag so people who post here can play on the PA servers

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I blame my horrible K/D on trying to play Engineer. I flat out suck at it. I actually think I'm better at Recon and that's saying something because I've never had a Marksman Kill bonus over 20.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you got kicked, it is likely because you either team stacked, which is unfortunate since auto balance is broken, or someone in vent asked to get in and you were without a tag and maybe we didn't know who you were. My apologies.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I should probably get myself another admin or two over there for my server

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm mad?

No, I disagree with some people about part of the game. We're discussing it. Why you feel the need to troll us over it, I don't know.

I'm saying we've had this discussion fifty times and the people who don't think the M60 is OP aren't, and the people who are are, and the people who have a middle ground are not really feeling differently either way.

I've seen it for over a hundred pages already with the same discussion repeatedly.

Then I make a joke about how tiring it is and I'm trolling you.

Yup mate that's sure my goal there.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

are you sure about this? unless I'm reading the chart wrong, the M60 has the worst recoil, much worse than the MG3, which has a much higher rate of fire.

This chart may be more useful understanding recoil. Boiling it down like he does in that chart I posted isn't very useful.

These numbers are from beta, but to the best of my knowledge, recoil hasn't changed.

Basically, amplitude modifies the kick. Kick is is a measure of how much the accuracy degrades per-shot, and amplitude modifies how kick is multiplied with multiple shots.

Long story short, the M60 is extremely accurate with short bursts; the most accurate LMG by far. It's dreadful on full auto, though.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mr. Def make me an admin

So I can dispense American style justice

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loving this game (first BF game I've played). About 9 hours in, all to medic, level 9. My current kit is:

M60 (duh)
    Tracer dart
    paddles
    Red dot
    LMG specialization
    Vehicle armor

I've read in the last thread that the 4x OPT zoom helps make LMGs effective against snipers, but even with the M60 I find 4X is useless, the gun jumps all over the place and it's impossible to hit people. Is it just me? I find red dot is worth giving up the healing specilzation for. I still get massive points, usually 1st or 2nd (on random pubs) from rezzing and heal my squad plenty since I yell at them to move back to the kit (and behind cover).

That brings up another point, anyone else finding that no one uses voice comm in this game (on PC)? Other than when I hop on ventrilo/mumble with 3 buddies, no one else ever freaking talks. Maybe if DICE had put in higher quality voice comm (like Source games) and icons that show who is talking....

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else find it funny that engineers of all people have silenced weapons? I mean when I think stealth, yeah I think of the guy with a fucking rocket launcher on his back.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm mad?

I'm saying we've had this discussion fifty times and the people who don't think the M60 is OP aren't, and the people who are are, and the people who have a middle ground are not really feeling differently either way.

I've seen it for over a hundred pages already with the same discussion repeatedly.

Then I make a joke about how tiring it is and I'm trolling you.

Yup mate that's sure my goal there.

You know what we haven't talked about in a while? Our boy: Carl Gustav! Not just the launcher, our official thread mascot. Check it: not only did he inspire the best weapon in the game, his wife has some major gazookas of her own:

Vladimir_Putin_8_October_2001-3.jpg

Also: Serious Putin is Serious.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really think they need more vehicle unlocks. It just seems odd since you hit a wall after a few levels of unlocks. I have exhausted the vehicles yet my others still have a ways to go.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Carl Gustav is an asshole who killed my mother and raped my father

Unless he's on MY side

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    As a medic on attack I use the M249 since I'm in right behind the engineers and assaulters. I need the mobility and ROF to provide heavy suppression fire without needing to stall the advance by reloading. On defense, I take a shotgun and hid in buildings shooting people. I don't mind the PKM but it only has the 100 round belt while the L88 does more damage but a slower ROF. Regarding the M60.... meh.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Anyone else find it funny that engineers of all people have silenced weapons? I mean when I think stealth, yeah I think of the guy with a fucking rocket launcher on his back.

I think people really sell the SMGs short because of it, too.

Yeah, they're pea shooters even at medium ranges. But there's no muzzle flash to aim at with engineer weapons. They're great for shooting from cover, because if your target isn't looking right at you, he'll never know where you are.

s3rial one on
This discussion has been closed.