Options

You tapped that ass. Presumably, it was phat.

• Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haven't read the books, but I think it's the Dresden characters going through different cases then they do in the books

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the show is just him doing stuff. as I understand it, the first book is covered part way in

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just ordered the first one of these off amazon for 14p. I figure for that price I can't go wrong

Quirk on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This thread has me wanting to read all these again. Too bad they're all in Atlanta with the rest of my stuff, while I wait for stupid work to get me a transfer so I can move and not be poor.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember a theory which was that all of his cases are
    his portion of the diaries that McCoy is writing.

Maximus on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just finished White Night
    That is how Lasciel ends? With a bang, but with a whimper?

I see through your transparent attempts at misdirection, Butcher

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nah, that's going to end up being how
    she really ends. I bet money one it. (this being said without again having read the more recent two)

which is a shame, 'cause Dresden getting "infected" with a silver had to be the most interesting subplot to the series.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I agree

although I suppose the only other way he could have resolved that thread would have been

gotcha

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Still, it was kind of a dumb ending
    It's not the real Lasciel, it's just an imprint that doesn't have all the evil of the original. She kind of falls for him, decides to off herself to save him. Awesome subplot has cheesy ending.

Though, looking up info on it, apparently Butcher teased that we haven't heard the last from either the original or Dresden's version.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    SloSlo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's not the real Lasciel, it's just an imprint that doesn't have all the evil of the original. She kind of falls for him, decides to off herself to save him. Awesome subplot has cheesy ending.
    Though, looking up info on it, apparently Butcher teased that we haven't heard the last from either the original or Dresden's version.

Well he's got these migraines now. And im betting its some part of lasciel rebuilding herself in there.

Slo on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sir it is a good idea to assume that someone browsing this thread is thinking about reading them, or has yet to read all the books. Basically spoiler that shit son.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just read the first line of Changes.
    Of course, for me the real suspense is whether or not it is really Susan and Harry's daughter or if Harry's emotions are being manipulated to get him to start a war with the vampires

again

The cease-fire can't have been good for Latin America. Susan's been with the Fellowship, and in the shit, for a very long time now.

It is the particular sort of ice cold I could see happening to him.

But he totally should have taken Susan's White Court Immunity Challenge when he had the chance.

Be a wizard and think with your staff, Harry!

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, I have come to a decision.

The reason that Harry constantly, and only ever, references the Star Wars trilogy is because those are one of the few, if not the only movies he's actually seen in theatres.

The lone bright spot in his tragic orphan childhood.

Maybe he saw them with his dad maybe.

Seriously on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seriously wrote: »

The reason that Harry constantly, and only ever, references the Star Wars trilogy is because those are one of the few, if not the only movies he's actually seen in theatres.

He references a lot of movies.

In Proven Guilty he quotes from Aliens while fighting the Alien Queen and talks about how he's seen a bunch of horror films.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for spoiling that Bloods End.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, I decided to continue reading Stormfront the other day. Best decision ever.

I guess I have a habit of getting bored while going through the introduction part of good books, because as soon as I got back into it I was glued to the page.

Can't wait to check out more of these.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my aunt loves these books so much

i don't get it

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, I decided to continue reading Stormfront the other day. Best decision ever.

I guess I have a habit of getting bored while going through the introduction part of good books, because as soon as I got back into it I was glued to the page.

Can't wait to check out more of these.

Goatmon on

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    my aunt loves these books so much

i don't get it

Your Aunt has excellent taste. You should follow her example.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »

He references a lot of movies.

In Proven Guilty he quotes from Aliens while fighting the Alien Queen and talks about how he's seen a bunch of horror films.

While all that is true and something I had forgotten about I can't help but notice that you missed me saying that I had made my decision.

It is final.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And now I've finished Changes.

dang

Seriously on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

dang

yeah

Bucketman on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

good re: your spoiler, because that ending was the fucking worst. i nearly stopped reading right there.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »

dang

yeah

word

Peen on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »

dang

yeah

word

mmhmm

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    YaYa wrote: »
    holy shit

I'm only two chapters in and Harry is already gearing up to kill everyone

I loved how, near the end of Storm Front, he just decides FUCK SUBTLETY, and literally blasts Marcone's door down.

He just gets so beat up throughout the stories, it's fun to see him at the top of his game, breezing through something when he's in a hurry and can't afford to fuck around.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's true. I like it a lot more when he isn't "Dang, I've used so much magic in the last three days dealing with shit constantly I can't do much right now."

Also I read Proven Guilty.
    He should've boned Molly. Or Murphy.

Or somebody.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Chlorofiend

What the hell?

To be fair, Harry only called it a Chlorofiend because he refused to admit he was being chased by an angry plant monster. A wizard has to have some dignity.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I also just finished reading Changes. And fucking hell, Butcher you can write a bitch of a cliff hanger. I swear, im gonna be all kinds of pissed until the next books out.

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Chlorofiend

What the hell?

To be fair, Harry only called it a Chlorofiend because he refused to admit he was being chased by an angry plant monster. A wizard has to have some dignity.

Angry plant monster sounds far better than chlorofiend.

I've actually been listening to these on audiobook recently borrowed from the library. James Masters I think his name is does a very good job on the whole, and as Dresden especially.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fuck the ending of Changes right in its stupid face

Arch on
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sven wrote: »
    I also just finished reading Changes. And fucking hell, Butcher you can write a bitch of a cliff hanger. I swear, im gonna be all kinds of pissed until the next books out.
    New book of short stories, Side Jobs, is out in November. And IIRC one of the stories involves Murphy and takes place just minutes after the end of Changes. So looking forward to this.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Finally got around to starting these since I got an ebook reader.

Ebook Reader puchased May 2nd

Currently on book 5 :)

Can't get enough of it.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    New book of short stories, Side Jobs, is out in November. And IIRC one of the stories involves Murphy and takes place just minutes after the end of Changes. So looking forward to this.

Supposedly the hardcover US release date is Oct. 26:
    http://www.amazon.com/Side-Jobs-Stories-Dresden-Files/dp/045146365X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274459017&sr=8-1

Peen on
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Supposedly the hardcover US release date is Oct. 26:
    http://www.amazon.com/Side-Jobs-Stories-Dresden-Files/dp/045146365X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274459017&sr=8-1
    Yeah, just confirmed this on Butcher's website. Cool! And right around my birthday. And it looks like the audio book is the one coming out in November.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have a confession: I generally dislike Murphy and (sometimes) Dresden annoys me. Dresden in particular seems like Butcher tries way too hard to make him coy. He drinks coke all the time. How many fucking times do I have to read that line "I pop a coke out of the freeze-box." Also the chivalry thing is just stupid.

Yes, it is, but Harry himself has admitted that he is dumb for sticking to it as much as he does, especially since it constantly gets him into trouble.

I look at it as an acceptable flaw.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Chlorofiend

What the hell?

Angry plant monster sounds far better than chlorofiend.

I've actually been listening to these on audiobook recently borrowed from the library. James Masters I think his name is does a very good job on the whole, and as Dresden especially.

You almost nailed the name, but it's Marsters.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    This guy:
    spike.jpg

Peen on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    his greatest role was Piccolo

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    his greatest role was Piccolo

Nah

Spike was his best

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png