As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2010 - Send/Receive gifts! Read OP for new rules. NSF 56k, deadbeats

• Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    neville wrote: »
    euAPO.jpg

This is the best picture I'm going to see all day.

I didn't know batman was so flexible. Leg behind his head like it aint no thang.

Sticks on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy god that picture is amazing.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Posting agin' in the thread for whichever poor soul has me.
    I've got a wishlist, as you can see I like a variety of things. Weightlifting, metal, programming. But I'm pretty easy-going and anything is pretty cool. I do have a DS, but all I've got for it is DQIX. I have an XBOX360, but I've got a few games for that and there's not much out there I'm interested in lately.

I also like juvenile humor and offensive humor, so anything along those lines is a-ok with me.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Reposting this if my Satan is lazy
    To my Satan
    Pretty much the kinda stuff I like is on my amazon list. But straying from the list and getting me things related to it is not frowned upon.

I like toys Marvel, Transformers, DC, Revoltechs etc if its an awesome character with a lot of posability I will want it. I need awesome tools so I can cook better, and awesome Blu-Rays. I like vidya games of course, but funds and time are limited so I really don't have much in the way of new games. If it's a new game there's a good chance I don't have it but probably want to play it. (Reach, New Vegas, Fable 3 are all on Christmas lists for family so don't get those!) I have a 360, PS3, Wii, and a DS, though if it's multiplatform I'd prefer it on 360.

As for clothes, awesome shirts are accepted. I'm either a medium or large based on who makes the stuff. If you pick up a Large shirt and it looks more like an extra large, get a medium. I'm a 6'1" 175lb beanpole so I really dont want to be swimming in my clothes. If you're a Satan who can knit things, I'd love a baller scarf!

I think that's it. I'ma try to make an effort to post in more threads to give my Satan a paper trail if they're rather stalk me instead.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS TO MY SATAN

I apologize if I had made any sort of Satanlike activity difficult for you so far! I don't post very often to begin with and when I do they are not exactly the best posts to stalk for information. So here are a few vital things I guess you could use when making decisions about me.

Games: I only own an Xbox 360. I've got most of the "big hits" under my belt right now so tossing me an indie or underappreciated title is a go to suggestion. The biggest game I have yet to play right now would probably be Assassin's Creed 2.

Shirts/Apparel: I'm 6'1'', 155 pounds. I like things that are comfortable and tasteful. I haven't really bought anything clothes related in about a year so if you want to toss me together a stylish outfit that'll make the ladies swoon then go for it.

TV's/movies: I'm pretty much always 5 years behind the curve on the popular shows to be watching, so if you think I should be watching something then send it here.

Books/comics: I love getting books to read. They're probably one of my favorite gifts. Again, if you think I should be reading something, then send me a copy.

If all else fails: Gift from your heart, send me something that you think is neat. Send me something to satisfy my ridiculous sweet tooth. Just remember that you get reign of my signature for a year.

Mucho <3's

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Reposting with some edits to help my Satan more...

Dear Satan,
    First off, here's my Amazon Wishlist. It's a work in progress.

Plushies of all shapes and sizes. Examples.. I have a giant pig named Abner, a stuffed triceratops named RinRin, and I have Appa
    Baking
    Cooking - learning how to!
    Games. I have an xbox360, a DS, and a PC. Fan of Munchkin and recently got Catan.
    Comics. I'm new to these. Only have Scott Pilgrim and The Last Unicorn.
    Diet Pepsi.
    Doodling. I have a sketchbook that I've been trying to draw in at least once a week.
    Reading. Fantasy and SciFi. I've enjoyed Song of Ice and Fire, Dresden Files, Hyperion, Discworld, Gaiman's books, and some other stuff. If you have a must read that isn't well known, shoot it my way.

Dislikes:
    Scary things!! I'm a HUGE wimp this includes movies, games, etc.
    Spicy stuff.
    Sunburns.
    Pink.

Misc:
    Women's shirt size is L/XL. Mostly just depends on the length and chest area. Longer is better!
    Men's shirt size is S/M. Again, depends on the length.
    I like the colors blue, green and purple.
    I wear all colors except for pink (solid pink, I'm ok if it's there just not the whole thing being pink) and red (I turn red really easily so not very flattering to have my face match my shirt..)
    If you're crafty, feel free to send me homemade stuff :D
    I do not own a bluray player

Hope this helps!
    If you need to talk to someone, irtehmongoose is your best bet cause he's my SO.

skettios on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In response to neville's 'post a wishlist/don't make people guess'

No

If my Satan needs help, they can talk to any number of people who know me well enough to recommend shit (mostly Javen though)

Sheri on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got the bulk of my shopping done but I need to round the gift out. And now I kind of want to send it before we move.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love looking through other people's wishlists. Gives me ideas for when the family harasses me about what they should get me for xmas.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just told my family gift cards and money.
    Cause I have student loans to pay off, clothes I want to buy, and trips I wanna save up for.

Will probably get my yearly supply of fancy hair shampoo and conditioner from my sister though. I like that. Perks to working in a hair place.

skettios on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    risumon wrote: »
    I love looking through other people's wishlists. Gives me ideas for when the family harasses me about what they should get me for xmas.

Lawn tractor.

Everyone should have a lawn tractor on their wishlist.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheri wrote: »

No

If my Satan needs help, they can talk to any number of people who know me well enough to recommend shit (mostly Javen though)

Alternatively, if you can't be bothered to help your Satan out then you don't have any reasonable expectation of them putting out any effort.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

No

Alternatively, if you can't be bothered to help your Satan out then you don't have any reasonable expectation of them putting out any effort.

I could be bothered to

But I explicitly stated that I didn't want 'stuff off a wishlist,' I just wanted to be surprised by whatever they felt like sending me, whether they thought it was stuff that I would like, or if it's stuff that THEY like, or if it's just random neat stuff they found.

I also provided someone they could ask if they were incapable of doing any of the above options.

Sheri on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

No

How does telling someone exactly what to buy motivate effort?

Posting a wishlist and just picking something from it is actually the opposite of 'putting out any effort.'

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

I do not want to put any limitations on your creativity (no mailbombs plz)

If you sincerely cannot think of anything at all, feel free to ask someone to ask me to make a wishlist

I cannot promise not to fill it with expensive camera equipment >.>

Love,
    Sheri

Sheri on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Also everyone needs to attend this tomorrow!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140884979296756&index=1

attending dis banana day

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Javen wrote: »

No

Posting a wishlist and just picking something from it is actually the opposite of 'putting out any effort.'

Jesus fucking christ, this has been covered countless times. A wishlist, or a post explaining what you're into, what sizes you wear, etc does NOT limit the Satan from being creative AT ALL. It gives them information that's actually useful in figuring out what that person might like instead of having to rely strictly on stalking them and digging through old posts. Stalking someone and digging through old posts should supplement information the person has already posted about themselves, it shouldn't be their only recourse.

Again, if someone can't be bothered to toss out some ideas for their Satan then they deserve whatever random stuff they hopefully end up getting from a Satan that also can't be bothered.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Also everyone needs to attend this tomorrow!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140884979296756&index=1

attending dis banana day

I might make banana bread tomorrow, even. I want banana bread. With walnuts.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh shit!

How did I miss signups this year =/

damn my not paying attention eyes =(

Xaquin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

If you sincerely cannot think of anything at all, feel free to ask someone to ask me to make a wishlist

Love,
    Sheri

I read this as "ask someone to make me a wishlist" and that sounded like fun.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No

Jesus fucking christ, this has been covered countless times. A wishlist, or a post explaining what you're into, what sizes you wear, etc does NOT limit the Satan from being creative AT ALL. It gives them information that's actually useful in figuring out what that person might like instead of having to rely strictly on stalking them and digging through old posts. Stalking someone and digging through old posts should supplement information the person has already posted about themselves, it shouldn't be their only recourse.

Again, if someone can't be bothered to toss out some ideas for their Satan then they deserve whatever random stuff they hopefully end up getting from a Satan that also can't be bothered.

Sorry, that's bullshit.

Whether my person has a wishlist or not, I'm still going to do the legwork to find out what they want, or if I just want to send them general awesome stuff, I will. I'm not going to work any less just because they gave me ideas. That may just be me, but whatever.

Also, you all know my list would just be 'Hey I like photography, crocheting stuff, and Disney.' How is that gonna help someone any more than a simple search of my posts?

Again, I just want whatever my Satan feels like sending me. If they aren't going to be bothered to send cool stuff or personalized stuff, I don't think that my posting a list of what I like is going to change that either way.

Lastly, it's my choice whether or not I want to post a wishlist. You don't like it? Well, chances are you're not my Satan. :P

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

Love,
    Sheri

Okay, last option is to have VoC make a wishlist of things she thinks I like

BETTER DO IT RIGHT, VOC

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

Love,
    Sheri

BETTER DO IT RIGHT, VOC

Yay! Anyone else want me to make them a wishlist? I have ideas about you people.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Everyone should make their own wishlist for Sheri. Let her Satan choose the best list and buy things accordingly.

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No

But some people WANT random stuff. Wishlists are great to point people in the right direction, but not making a wishlist does not mean that "they can't be bothered." It means that they are putting their fate in the hands of the gift giver, whose judgment they are trusting to deliver something fun. Saying 'well they didn't tell me what to buy them, so I'm just not even going to try' is just being stubborn and passive-aggressive.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Reigner wrote: »
    Everyone should make their own wishlist for Sheri. Let her Satan choose the best list and buy things accordingly.

NO! You find your own forumer to make a list for.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheri will get one of those little picture viewers with the lever.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Remember: Secret Satans has been going on longer than Amazon wishlists or threads devoted to "things I want my Satan to buy me." And yet, somehow, miraculously, people have been getting awesome gifts even before those things existed. People have also been displeased with their gifts, which is why wishlists are a great idea for people who are kind of looking for a specific thing, or at least something fitting a specific theme. But trying to argue in favor of making them all but mandatory.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Remember: Secret Satans has been going on longer than Amazon wishlists or threads devoted to "things I want my Satan to buy me." And yet, somehow, miraculously, people have been getting awesome gifts even before those things existed. People have also been displeased with their gifts, which is why wishlists are a great idea for people who are kind of looking for a specific thing, or at least something fitting a specific theme. But trying to argue in favor of making them all but mandatory.

Yeah I understand this.

But also Secret Satans gets bigger and I have someone I don't know anything about.

I wanna get my satanee something enjoyable.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah the more I look at my wishlist the more I secretly hope my Satan will stray from it and find me something creative based on the wishlist.

I'm not sure how excited I'll be when I open my box to find "oh that thing on my wishlist yay"

Reigner on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Uriel wrote: »

Yeah I understand this.

But also Secret Satans gets bigger and I have someone I don't know anything about.

Your best bet is just to buy something you come across and say 'hey, that looks like fun!'

The best gifts I've seen have either been A) homemade, or B) totally fucking wacky shit they came across randomly that no one would have thought to put on a wishlist.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A wishlist isn't really about picking something they ask for but getting to know their taste because I have no idea.

EDIT: I could just pick something totally rad that has a wide appeal.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Reigner wrote: »
    Yeah the more I look at my wishlist the more I secretly hope my Satan will stray from it and find me something creative based on the wishlist.

I'm not sure how excited I'll be when I open my box to find "oh that thing on my wishlist yay"
    yeah, same here

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hell, last year I didn't do a wishlist or anything and ended up getting things that I didn't even know I wanted until they sent it. At they very least, it's an excuse to maybe have your horizons broadened for you. If that's not really what you want, cool, make a list. But choosing NOT to make such a list is just as valid.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

Love,
    Sheri

BETTER DO IT RIGHT, VOC

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/351VDKTJVGEF3/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    So far I know my Santee is getting cookies and a home made card. There will be other stuff do but this has been decided.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Uriel wrote: »

Yeah I understand this.

Ya this is my problem.
    No wishlist, no dear satan post, and only a handful of posts made since last year.. not much to go off of!

Guess I could bake something and order a nerf gun. Everyone likes those right?

skettios on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's nerf or nothin'

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Real world friends and coworkers are beginning to take note of Blake's International Banana Day and one is already attending.

...if he only knew.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't know about you rat-fuckers, but I fully demand that my satan buy everything on my wishlist.

If a giant box from amazon does not arrive tomorrow, and instead I get some bullshit, I'm going to be super pissed.

I'm important. I'm royalty. I demand satisfaction.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.