Options

I am the man who arranges the [chat]!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I started playing Assassin's Creed II last night.

I enjoyed the first one, even though it was repetitive and got boring at times. I barely made it to where you pick up the sword in 2, and I fucking love it; the story and characters are great, the codex is awesome, the fights are better, and it feels much more natural than the first one. I keep looking forward to going home and playing it tonight.

It is so much better, 1 feels like a tech demo to the fluidness of 2, and brotherhood even improves on that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh the hugs go to him because he is wearing a shirt which says so.

Comedy!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I enjoyed the first one, even though it was repetitive and got boring at times. I barely made it to where you pick up the sword in 2, and I fucking love it; the story and characters are great, the codex is awesome, the fights are better, and it feels much more natural than the first one. I keep looking forward to going home and playing it tonight.

AC II is p much an improvement on the first game in every way

Pony on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, Suicide Girls has a booth.

Well okay then.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Michael Madsen is literally in all of the movies

He has something like 28 projects in post production, filming or pre-production. He is a busy motherfucker.

"We need a white guy with a gravely voice."

"Ron Pearlman."

"No too fit, think eats at Dennys."

"Micheal Madsen."

"Perfect."

Even with how badass and awesome Ron Pearlman is, it's amazing how many really shitty movies he's in.

Mutant Chronicles.

That movie with Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Henry Rollins.

Like, you'll see the cover and think "wow, at least the cast is pretty cool," but then it turns out everybody was miserable and wanted to punish the viewer for it.

I watch almost any movie he's in, which means I saw a movie with him fighting mutated fucking monkeys on an island.

What movie is that?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    I liked Pictures for Sad Children for a while. And then the creator lost his mind.

I <3 Pictures for Sad Children.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

He has something like 28 projects in post production, filming or pre-production. He is a busy motherfucker.

"Ron Pearlman."

"Micheal Madsen."

"Perfect."

Even with how badass and awesome Ron Pearlman is, it's amazing how many really shitty movies he's in.

Mutant Chronicles.

Like, you'll see the cover and think "wow, at least the cast is pretty cool," but then it turns out everybody was miserable and wanted to punish the viewer for it.

I watch almost any movie he's in, which means I saw a movie with him fighting mutated fucking monkeys on an island.
    Did you see Pro-Life? Ron Perlman in a movie directed by John Carpenter. It's every bit as awesome as it sounds.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

"Ron Pearlman."

"Micheal Madsen."

"Perfect."

Mutant Chronicles.

What movie is that?

I don't even remember, it was on scifi and I was powerless to change the channel. I routinely watch bad movies.

Like my wife and I did our christmas shopping this weekend and she surprised me by getting 8 kungfu movies for 5 dollars and I'm seriously psyched for watching "Karate death sqaud" you have no idea.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Did you see Pro-Life? Ron Perlman in a movie directed by John Carpenter. It's every bit as awesome as it sounds.

I did not, but now I so want to.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The black actor in Thor strikes me as odd. Not in a racist way so much as an odd casting decision. Sort of like if someone did a movie version of the travels of Buddha through east asia and cast Martin Lawrence for the part, or if I went to a movie about Rosa Parks played by Jennifer Garner.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It is so much better, 1 feels like a tech demo to the fluidness of 2, and brotherhood even improves on that.
    Yeah, I really can't imagine not enjoying the shit out of this game, even though I only got a couple of hours into it the other night.

So much fun! Though, the comparison to STO is probably helping; I downloaded ten gigs of that game for ~two hours of play time. So fucking ridiculous.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well okay then.

so certain gender role stereotyping is ok

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well okay then.

God, what the hell are you talking about?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I can't do the whole buying-bad-movies thing. My buddies used to have Bad Move Nights back in the day, and it was just painful. Unless a movie has, like... Arnold or somebody in it, who justifies the shittiness, it's just not a good time for me.

But that's me being a warbling pickybitch again.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Moon Over June not updating is killing me.

It's killing meeeeeeeeee.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The black actor in Thor strikes me as odd. Not in a racist way so much as an odd casting decision. Sort of like if someone did a movie version of the travels of Buddha through east asia and cast Martin Lawrence for the part, or if I went to a movie about Rosa Parks played by Jennifer Garner.

in that case we do the safest thing

cast all white people

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Well okay then.

God, what the hell are you talking about?

derp, my bad.
    I misread the context of your post.

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah, I really can't imagine not enjoying the shit out of this game, even though I only got a couple of hours into it the other night.

So much fun! Though, the comparison to STO is probably helping; I downloaded ten gigs of that game for ~two hours of play time. So fucking ridiculous.

Have you got the dual blade yet? I was sad when I was missing it in assbro, its my favorite, well outside of disarming people and using their own shit on them.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Except not at all like that, so theres that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

in that case we do the safest thing

cast all white people

eh, it mostly just got a chuckle out of me.

The guy has a pretty impressive acting resume though so whatever, more power to him.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    but that sentences gives

me sadness

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of it all

as we cast white people in Asian and other roles all the time and its acceptable. but a black norse guy nooooooooooo

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think my iPod is broken

it won't sync properly at all

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It's awkward, yes. I like to see non-white actors in comicbook movies playing character who are drawn as white, and even I think a black Norse god is a little strange. However... fuck it, I'm down.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of it all

as we cast white people in Asian and other roles all the time and its acceptable. but a black norse guy nooooooooooo

Yeah, no one got angry when they redid the departed with an all whiteboy cast.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    ACII is fucking fantastic. I only played it recently and it impressed the hell out of me. A huge improvement on an already pretty good game.

Also, black Heimdall is awesome. If you can deal with Americans, a Welshman and an Australian playing the other Gods you can handle Idris Elba.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A guy running around with a magic hammer = cool

a black God = WOAH NOW HEY NOW

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I did not, but now I so want to.
    It was on streaming; it may not be, anymore.

It was one of those Starz movies.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    it's ironic 'cause Heimdall was the whitest of the aesir

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It's awkward, yes. I like to see non-white actors in comicbook movies playing character who are drawn as white, and even I think a black Norse god is a little strange. However... fuck it, I'm down.

Pretty much this.

The casting decision is amusing.

The white power outrage is amusing.

I am amused.

I'm not up on my norse mythology but the images I've seen make it seem like he's playing a violent warlike character though which has me sort of o_O

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bryant gumbell for Heimdall

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bryant gumbell for Heimdall

So Heimdall predicts where Thors lightning goes?

Thor does lightning right?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Have you got the dual blade yet? I was sad when I was missing it in assbro, its my favorite, well outside of disarming people and using their own shit on them.
    I only just picked up the sword. Like, I'm about ten minutes after the part where:
    Ezio's father and brothers are executed. I'm just in the part where the whore is teaching you how to properly streetwalk.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jesus. My brother just suggested I get "What the bleep Do We Know" for my mom for Christmas, and I thought he was just targeting her because she loves shitty documentaries, but I just realized that it totally fits in with his recent pseudo-science kick.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    ACII is fucking fantastic. I only played it recently and it impressed the hell out of me. A huge improvement on an already pretty good game.

Also, black Heimdall is awesome. If you can deal with Americans, a Welshman and an Australian playing the other Gods you can handle Idris Elba.

Stringer Bell is a god

so

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The white power outrage is amusing.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/12/white-pride-group-to-boycott-thor-over-chocolate-norseman
    Anyway, the Council of Conservative Citizens (formerly the White Citizens’ Council) is organizing a boycott.

Damn CoCC blockers!

Feral on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Somehow tape has not killed me in my sleep

yet

the last time i crashed at your place we discussed killing you in your sleep but then acknowledged the walk to the diner would be boring without you

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think the 'issue' with Elba as Heimdal and Duncan as Kingpin is less that people are racist, and more that comics, like most North American media, is pretty white-centric. Which, once again, is not a product of racism, just a product of the fact that comics are mainly drawn by caucasians. I say drawn, because a lot of super-heroes could easily be brown, if the artist just up and draws them that way at creation. But, due to ethnocentricity, creators don't immediately go to that place. The writer creates something, and the artist just assumes "Oh, white guy."

However, yeah, Heimdal is a Norse god. So... yeah, I dunno.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I only just picked up the sword. Like, I'm about ten minutes after the part where:
    Ezio's father and brothers are executed. I'm just in the part where the whore is teaching you how to properly streetwalk.

You will be having some good times man, some good times of stabbing two people at one time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    In a universe where the Asgard are techno-gods there is nothing strange with Idris Elba being Heimdall, who cares.

He's a totally awesome actor.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.