Options

Pizza [Chat]

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    These two facts are where 83.7% of my animosity towards England comes from.

While unsurprising, this is incredibly disappointing.

There are so many other, more important, worse things to be angry with England about.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    punisherhartter.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hakk - the Guardian has a good "as it happened" live blog that sets out today's events. It also leads to other briefing stories.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Part of me wants to try being a healer, because I like playing medic in TF2.

But man, healing in WoW sounds fucking boooooring to me for some reason. Mainly because it seems to me like every single fight would be the same.

not really

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    quit gettin' mad about ninja turtles

Elendil on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Hakk - the Guardian has a good "as it happened" live blog that sets out today's events. It also leads to other briefing stories.

Thanks

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

But man, healing in WoW sounds fucking boooooring to me for some reason. Mainly because it seems to me like every single fight would be the same.

not really

Would you like to go into more depth? It seems like, you either heal the tank, or, sometimes, heal the whole group. Right?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am not hungry. This is good. :)

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Res wrote: »
    The dumbest thing ever about TMNT was parents in England bitching about the Nunchucks but had no complaints about the Sais, Bo Staff or Swords. So Michaelangelo, in like, season 4 or so, had his Nunchucks taken away and replaced with a fucking grappling hook.

Really? You think that's worse than TMHT?

Yeah because the grappling hook thing changes the entire show for everybody. The "hero" part only changes the opening song and title credits for limeys.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    The ideal would be to make a fully functional chat sub-group within the existent PA guild on Ravenholdt. That way we can play/level/run dungeons/potential raid together but, if people play at different rates, drop out, have schedule conflicts, etc, it is not a big deal. Imho.

we could join and have a separate chat channel that we make for ourselves

I don't think you can be a sub guild in any proper way but I'm not up on that stuff.

I just meant more that, we should try to shoot for class compositions that make it so we could potentially run dungeons or raid down the road with everyone in the group being from chat.

IE. lets not all roll DPS.

Yeah this always made the most sense to me. Being within Beasts would really help for having other peeps if there aren't enough [Chat]ers on.

As far as race/class combos goes it's kind of open in the sense that multiple classes can fill multiple roles, isn't it? Personally I wouldn't mind rolling a tank or healer. I already have two feral druids, an enhancment shammy and a hunter so I'm pretty covered on DPS characters :P

If y'all are actually doing this, I have an 85 mage and I believe Vari has a high level shaman healer over there.

Also I am more than willing to roll up a tank if need be. That's what I've done my entire time playing WoW before this mage.

edit: and wazilla has a 60-ish rogue on it's way up.

James on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Holy fuck Jack Palance as The Punisher yessssss. And of course Richard Stark writes it and Seigel directs.

Bogart on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hung out with a guy from Tunisa once. He was a pretty cool dude.

That is the sum and total of my knowledge about the country.

But I guess elections were rigged, people were paid by the gov't to "celebrate" the "results", other people said WTF no, riots. Somewhere in there some protesters got shot. More riots. The US used to support the govt, but was taking a step back and trying to stay out of it as of this morning. Thats more or less what I remember from this mornings news...

Galahad on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had to sign a new policy not talking about my job on the internet. So from now on I work at humancumdumpster.com as a sanitary technician.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Well, I mean, having not played a warrior or a DPS much, I could say the same thing about them. But obviously there are lots of fights where you have to adapt to certain situations or whatever.

I can't really explain why I like it so much, but I do. Especially since the Northrend expansion when they introduced Penance, which made disc priest healing into not only a viable spec, but actually a really fun and awesome one.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The dumbest thing ever about TMNT was parents in England bitching about the Nunchucks but had no complaints about the Sais, Bo Staff or Swords. So Michaelangelo, in like, season 4 or so, had his Nunchucks taken away and replaced with a fucking grappling hook.

It wasn't the parents.

The broadcasting regulations at the time in the UK had some pretty strict restrictions on the broadcasting of "imitable violence" in anything considered to be children's programming. The idea that anything featuring ninjas could possibly be suitable for kid's TV was pretty out-there at the time.

Nunchucks, specifically, were seen as particularly beyond the pale, but I forget what the reasoning was. Probably their specific association with martial arts rather than just being generic fantasy weapons.

japan on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hartterwallpaperbatmoviea.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Galahad wrote: »
    I hung out with a guy from Tunisa once. He was a pretty cool dude.

That is the sum and total of my knowledge about the country.

But I guess elections were rigged, people were paid by the gov't to "celebrate" the "results", other people said WTF no, riots. Somewhere in there some protesters got shot. More riots. The US used to support the govt, but was taking a step back and trying to stay out of it as of this morning. Thats more or less what I remember from this mornings news...

Great something else to be blamed on the USA.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, Tunisia escelated while I wasn't looking.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh I guess parts of that are pink sure

I just think of that filter as pretty

also lalo schifrin is a great composer

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We can talk more about healing when I get back, Inqi. I have a blast doing it, but maybe I shouldn't be too convincing so I can remain "the healer". :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Being a Death Knight would be a great way to get past the whole "leveling up from 1" thing except I have no real desire to play a Death Knight.

1-60 is actually great now. It's Outland and Northrend that feel slow and awful.

James on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We can talk more about healing when I get back, Inqi. I have a blast doing it, but maybe I shouldn't be too convincing so I can remain "the healer". :P

Er, you don't get to be "the healer". You'll want 3 in a 10 man :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I rolled a guy on raveholdt

what are your names

I'll tell you in 30min-3 1/2 hours when I can create one :P

I'll be Happ(randomsuffix)

I think imma roll a healer of some kind if you're going for a bear tank. Maybe a resto druid actually.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    The depressing thing about illness is that the more often you get illness the more likely you'll get ill again later.

It's one horrible helix of doom.

Yeah, like chicken pox or specific influenza strains or wait a minute that's not how disease works at all.

Unless you mean 'people probably keep the same lifestyle choices that led to their diabetic foot being amputated in the first place'

having one illness can compromise the bodies immune system and make you more susceptible to a second infection

Yeah, I read 'ill' as 'it' in Daxon's original post :rotate:

Coolio, glad that's sorted out.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

not really

Would you like to go into more depth? It seems like, you either heal the tank, or, sometimes, heal the whole group. Right?

that's like saying all boss fights as as dps are the same because you either dps the boss or you dps some adds

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ooh! I remember! The reasoning was that a child could take, say, a stick or whatever and pretend it was a sword without running a particularly significant risk of injury. An improvised nunchuck, however, would be functionally indistinguishable from an actual nunchuk and therefore impossible to swing at someone in fun without potentially seriously hurting them.

japan on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why is there a cooking show in the middle of this holiday special?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    vh is a good healer

i am fine if he is "the healer"

James on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Ooh! I remember! The reasoning was that a child could take, say, a stick or whatever and pretend it was a sword without running a particularly significant risk of injury. An improvised nunchuck, however, would be functionally indistinguishable from an actual nunchuk and therefore impossible to swing at someone in fun without potentially seriously hurting them.

This is dumb.

Why does your country suck so much ass?
    Cinders wrote: »

You're watching the Star Wars Holiday Special, aren't you?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I rolled a guy on raveholdt

what are your names

I'll tell you in 30min-3 1/2 hours when I can create one :P

I'll be Happ(randomsuffix)

I think imma roll a healer of some kind if you're going for a bear tank. Maybe a resto druid actually.

I have rolled a tauren paladin

I will be going prot, but I hear it is a great dps spec at low levels

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

not really

that's like saying all boss fights as as dps are the same because you either dps the boss or you dps some adds

I DPS'ed your dog.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

This is dumb.

UK broadcasting regulations treated violence in kids TV the way your broadcasting regulations treat nudity.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I should probably start drinking.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Nah, there's lots of neat mechanics like jumping on bosses backs and throwing hooks to impale them on spikes and special DPS phases and buffs and adds that need to be kited, adds that need to be slowed, adds that need to be single target burned or AoEd or CCd etc.

I dunno, it just seems like when I'm explaining raid fights to my groups these days it's like "okay melee DPS you need to be doing X at this point and ranged DPS make sure to move camps when you get hit by Y and tanks make sure to tank swamp when he mangles you and healers...well, you know, heal and dispel, same as every fight."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Whatever you do, don't play the drinking game associated with that special.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I have never seen The Hot Rock, but in honour of Peter Yates dying recently I caught it while it was on cable today. It's pretty good. Zero Mostel is in it!

Bogart on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, I return to wow [chat]?

Terribility!

Daxon on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I would have thought that's how you got into this mess in the first place.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

This is dumb.

Who sent Goku into [Another Dimension] and the [Home For Infinite Losers]?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I would have thought that's how you got into this mess in the first place.

Someone said it was terrible in the Star Wars thread, so I had to look at it.

And now I can't stop.

Cinders on
This discussion has been closed.