Options

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Watching hotshot stream right now.
    He's spent the last hour obsessing over a single death and how a teammate might have been able to prevent it. This is after acknowledging that he could potentially have evaded the death himself with a successful pounce across the Barron wall, which he "didn't feel comfortable" with. O_o

Edit: Beat'd again! I'm sooo slooow tonight...

Honestly I think the teammate in question may have just had better map sense and knew what was about to go down.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it feels like a lot of games where we lose I do well then in another game when I'm sucking we win.

then there are games when they walk into MF ults and I get triple kills

Jars on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so whats the word on the patch? delayed for how long?

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've found that Vlad is easy as morde

But I also play morde differently

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't watch HSGG stream for exactly that reason, he's so incredibly whiny

Like Regi is a goose but at least he's usually not a whiny goose

Plus CLG as a whole kinda annoys me

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Continuing my awesome night I go Morde and Ashe and I destroy bottom lane vs Blitz/Ashe. Meanwhile in top lane Teemo goes like 0/7. Yeah I should have made him leave but tonight it was just fucking funny.

Cut to me and Ashe being alive after acing them at baron and then taking out Baron as a duo (with my Ashe pet). Cut to me saying "everyone push mid now it's 5v4 and we have baron." Cut to me charging up mid realizing only Ashe and Annie are with me and dying.

HI 5

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, but his teammates are sitting there making fun of him in vent so it's OK.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Vlad vs Morde seems like an impossible match up in solo ranked. He just out harasses so hard and out bursts vlad, and he has DoTs, he is THE counter to vlad it seems like. I don't know how to stop Morde at all, he killed me once in lane, tower dove me, then took the tower...after my first death he just took it.

He is the perfect pubstomper, I should probably play him to about 1300. He wins by pushing so hard and then tower diving, that is all he can do, and the useless junglers don't gank him because they are too busy trying to figure out how to jungle. Seriously, I got into an argument with our jungle fiddle, he blamed me for letting the tower fall when he was jungling right next to it, he said I have to let him know the lane needs help...I was dead.

Actually as Morde I find Vlad to be one of my toughest matchups. O_o

Vlad, Anivia, Katarina, and Zilean. Screw all of them. Anyone else I can take pretty well as Morde. Although I haven't gone against a Caitlyn. That would be interesting.
    I dont see how that can happen, Morde has the infinity shield.

You don't stand near the creeps and let him hit both you and the creeps with his abilities

You keep a CONSTANT stream of harass (including auto-attacks) after he uses Siphon every time

Then his shield is almost always down

This is pretty much how you lane against Mord on any ranged champion, if you're melee and can't straight-up fight him through his shield you probably need to ask for a lane switch
    Problem is vlad only has Q and E and he defintely out damaged me, I couldnt break the shield.

The range is short and damage is low until later.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so

if you put shen/xz in a lane with gangplank against a solo lane

and your shen/xz gets 9 pots

you can completely and totally shut down the enemies top lane from getting any exp.

Our gangplank hit six, when the enemy hit level 2. Enemy turret dead at 8:35

game-over.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Not sure you're really getting what I'm saying, you don't let him hit you with Siphon, you stand away from your creeps until he nukes them, then you harass him. He's melee, he can't damage you at all if his abilities are on cooldown. If he nukes just you and doesn't hit the creeps it won't generate much shield and you should be able to outharass him.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is Hotshot doing? I just tuned in and may be regretting this...

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hes being hotshot

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He's just sitting in queue

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Not sure you're really getting what I'm saying, you don't let him hit you with Siphon, you stand away from your creeps until he nukes them, then you harass him. He's melee, he can't damage you at all if his abilities are on cooldown. If he nukes just you and doesn't hit the creeps it won't generate much shield and you should be able to outharass him.

He wasn't hitting me, that wasn't the problem, he was pushing my tower and I could even hurt him. Then once he hit 6 he just killed me with ult ignite, I would take damage on tower trying to defend it and got maybe 2/3 hp.

I still think he is the ultimate pub stomp champion, people honestly think he is a tank so they don't focus him. Had another Morde and he got a couple triples in one game beacuse people thought he was the tank.

I doubt my ELO will ever go up, it is actually going down now instead of up even though I am doing much better.

Someone laughed at me when I said I wanted to play trist, "she is only good if fed" "she is only good at towers" what the fuck...Ashe wanted to buy a chalice and there team was 5 ap and no one except me had MR.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maybe you should just level a smurf to reset your Elo and see what happens, I'm thinking of doing that not to beat up on newbies but just because I think I'm a lot better now than when I first started playing ranked and would like a clean slate

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I put $40 into this account for all the champions, I would rather not start over.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I've spent money on mine too, oh well

Season 2 will happen eventually I guess...

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    QSS is 1400 gold.
    1400 gold and no more Mord.
    Seems fair to me.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wish they would say when, this is a really long season.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's week 32.
    There are 52 weeks in a year.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    He's just sitting in queue

Nope. He was looking at http://www.gamecrush.com/

OMG. You can totes game with this chick.

http://www.gamecrush.com/#page=profile:username,LovelyLisa

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This Shaco is just shitting on Regi's team and generally demonstrating why Shaco is an annoying champion better off banned if you're not going to be able to break his boxes and ruin his jungle.

OremLK on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    for some reason playing in a 2v1 lane is usually easier than a 2v2 lane. it's like people do not understand that killing creeps faster does not zone me out.

Jars on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you realize your elo is sinking like a stone, play Morde

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    morde es #1 en brazil?

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well I am 1-4 again, maybe I should just throw every game and see how low the ELO goes. Unless someone else tried that. It is just so frustrating because I know that the slightlest mistake I make will cost me the game. I can't afford to do just okay, or good I have to play perfectly to have a chance at winning at that just isn't fun. If I die once in lane we lose the game.

All these players that are talking about how there is no ELO hell always describe how if they dropped 100 or 200 ELO the kinds of crazy shit that happens, dominating their lane going 20-1 and insane stuff like that. I just don't buy it, I use to be 1300 and I dropped around 300 and I just don't see much of a difference in skill, even when I do dominate its still random who wins.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    feeling down children?

elo giving you the blues?

well, if you try hard enough

you too can be rickonix

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It wraps around back to 2200 when you go below zero. :winky:

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good lord, seems the only games I lose these days involve an enemy Eve. I'm not feeding her (maybe a death to her here and there when I play risky), but I keep getting stuck with teammates who have no idea how to not feed her in the lane phase. She's annoying to deal with early, but it's honestly not that hard to do....is it?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have the maximum number of rune pages (ten) and I still feel like I need more for the variety of different champions I play

Sucks.

OremLK on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have 3 and I am cool with that

just gotta keep swappin pages all day every day

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Patch notes out:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=516526
    New Skins in the Store
    Totemic Maokai
    Charred Maokai
    Longhorn Alistar

PVP.net v1.29.23
    Created a new UI flow for joining games of all types
    Updated the Friend List UI
    Runes are now stacked in the Summoner profile
    A new game mode approaches: Co-op vs. AI!
    This mode pits a team of all human players against a team of all AI bots on Summoner's Rift.
    This mode is supported by matchmaking, and allows summoners to join the queue solo or with friends.
    Summoners may choose between two AI bot difficulty settings: Beginner or Intermediate.
    IP and XP rewards are earned, and adjusted based on summoner level and difficulty setting.
    The following bots are enabled for Co-op vs. AI:
    Annie
    Ashe
    Cho'Gath
    Miss Fortune
    Nunu
    Renekton
    Ryze
    Shen
    Soraka
    Taric
    Trundle
    Warwick
    Coop versus AI will be available to play in the coming days after the patch goes live, but not on release day.

XP & IP Rate Changes
    We have completely overhauled the IP and XP system in order to make it more fair. Our intention was to leave the overall XP and IP gained by players unchanged.
    Previously, IP and XP were awarded for winning or losing a game. Now, they are granted based on how long the game was, and whether you won or lost.
    In a long game, you will make significantly more XP and IP than before. However, in a very short game, you will make less IP and XP. We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward.
    When calculating the number of minutes the game took, we only award for actual game time. However, we give all games a small fixed bonus reward, which is to give you credit for time in queue and champion selection.
    Other details:
    We have also tweaked the formulas so that new players get larger quantities of IP in their first 10 or so levels so that they can unlock their first Champions more quickly.
    First Win of the Day remains unchanged – it is still a flat bonus you will receive when you are eligible.
    We removed the no-leave-streak bonus and increased the IP rewards in general to compensate. The reason we did this is because we felt that with the new LeaverBuster system, this was no longer necessary.

League of Legends v1.0.0.111
    Maokai, the Twisted Treant
    Sap Magic (passive): Each time a champion near Maokai casts a spell, he gains a charge of Magical Sap. When he has 5 charges, Maokai's next melee attack drains energy from his target, healing him for a percentage of his maximum HP.
    Arcane Smash: Maokai slams the ground, the force of which knocks nearby enemies back and sends an arcane shockwave forward, damaging and slowing his enemies.
    Twisted Advance: Maokai dissolves into a cloud of arcane energies. He regrows near a target enemy, dealing damage and rooting it in place.
    Sapling Toss: Maokai hurls a sapling, dealing damage on impact. The sapling becomes implanted in the ground, warding a nearby area. When enemies approach, the sapling attacks, exploding in an arcane blast that damages enemies.
    Vengeful Maelstrom (ultimate): Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal damage to enemies within the vortex.

Akali
    Fixed a bug where the sound of Mark of the Assassin could persist after her target died

Amumu
    Base damage increased to 47 from 45
    Base armor increased to 18 from 15
    Tantrum passive physical damage reduction increased to 2/4/6/8/10 from 1/2/3/4/5
    Despair mana cost reduced to 8 from 10 at all levels
    Despair now has a new particle to match the area of effect

Anivia
    Fixed a bug where Flashfrost stunned for 0.75 seconds instead of 1 second as the tooltip stated
    Fixed a bug where unlike other skillshots, Flashfrost could not be cast from out of range
    Glacial Storm
    Initial mana cost increased to 100/150/200 from 25/35/45
    Cost per second reduced to 40/50/60 from 50/70/90
    Slow duration reduced to 1 second from 2.5
    Rebirth
    Armor/magic resist modifier changed to -40/-25/-10/5/20 from -40/-20/10/40
    Rebirth now always shows the passive in the passive slot, and an additional buff in the buff bar with the current status (ready, active, or on cooldown)

Dr. Mundo
    Fixed a bug where Infected Cleaver's PvP.net description was incorrect

Fiddlesticks
    Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35

Irelia
    Fixed a bug where the Transcendent Blades cooldown tooltip was incorrect

Spirit Bond now properly assigns assist markers to allies that receive the haste bonus
    Fixed a bug where Spirit Bond would break friendly spell shields and not apply the haste bonus
    Fixed a display bug where Spirit Bond's beam would appear at Karma's feet for enemy players

Kog'Maw
    Fixed a display bug with Bio-Arcane Barrage attacks on several skins

LeBlanc
    Fixed a bug where the sound of Sigil of Silence could persist after her target died

Nasus
    Fixed a bug where attack damage granted by Fury of the Sands was not showing in your stats/character sheet
    Fury of the Sands now updates the buff tooltip to explicitly state how much attack damage granted

Olaf
    Fixed a bug where Undertow could hit the same target twice

Pantheon
    Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
    Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

Rammus
    Powerball speed reduced by about 15%

Renekton
    Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice would remember your order after casting, causing him to move toward previous locations

Ryze
    Overload
    Cooldown reduced to 3.5 from 11/10/9/8/7
    Base Damage reduced to 30/55/80/105/130 from 50/90/130/170/210
    Mana cost changed to 70/70/70/70/70 from 30/65/80/95/110
    Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
    Ability power ratio decreased to .2 from .45
    Range increased to 675 from 600
    Rune Prison
    No longer deals damage per tick and deals 60/95/130/165/200 damage up front (down from 80/120/160/200/240 over the duration)
    Ability power ratio changed to a flat .6 from .4/.6/.8/1/1.2 (depending on snare duration)
    Now deals 5% of Ryze's maximum mana in bonus damage
    Cast range increased to 625 from 600
    Duration reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
    Spell flux
    Ability power ratio per hit reduced to .35 from .38
    Cooldown increased to 14 from 9
    Mana cost reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/80/100/120/140
    Cast range increased to 675 from 625
    Base damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130
    Desperate Power
    No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp
    Area of effect damage percentage reduced to 50% from 65%
    Cooldown changed to 70/60/50 from 50/50/50
    Duration changed to 5/6/7 from 8
    Now grants a passive 75/150/225 mana
    General
    Reduced base magic resistance to 30 from 35
    Fixed a bug where Ryze's base mana regen did not get updated properly during the previous patch's revamp

Sivir
    Boomerang Blade
    Damage reduction to each subsequent target increased to 20% from 10%
    Now scales from bonus attack damage instead of total attack damage
    Base damage increased to 75/120/165/210/255 from 20/70/120/170/220
    Attack damage ratio increased to .95 from .75

Tryndamere
    Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed

Vladimir
    Crimson Pact Bonus ability power gained reduced to 1 ability power per 40 bonus health from 25 health
    Sanguine Pool no longer grants a speed bonus on use
    Fixed a bug where Turrets would sometimes idle while Vladimir was pooled
    Fixed a bug where Sanguine Pool would occasionally not properly draw aggro upon exiting his pool

Zilean
    Base magic resistance reduced to 30 from 35

Items
    Fixed a bug where Vampiric Scepter improperly showed it could build into Malady
    Sight Wards and Wriggle's Lantern wards now have a green top
    Vision Wards now have a pink top
    Doran's Shield
    Fixed a bug where it said it provided 9 armor but actually provided 8
    Armor increased to 10 from 8
    Health regen per 5 seconds reduced to 8 from 10
    Frozen Heart
    Combine cost reduced to 650 from 800
    Cooldown reduction decreased to 20% from 25%
    Glacial Shroud
    Combine Cost reduced to 425 from 575
    Cooldown reduction decreased to 15% from 20%
    Ionian Boots of Lucidity cost increased to 700 from 550
    Quicksilver Sash magic resistance increased to 56 from 48
    Randuin's Omen cooldown reduction decreased to 5% from 8%
    Spirit Visage cooldown reduction decreased to 10% from 12%
    Soul Shroud cooldown aura reduced to 10% from 15%
    New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
    Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
    +75 ability power
    +12 mana regeneration per 5
    UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction

General
    Added a new UI to better convey Shields on the health bar.
    Surrender time on Summoner's Rift reduced to 20 minutes from 25
    Surrender time on Twisted Treeline reduced to 15 minutes from 17
    Smite now deals true damage instead of magic damage
    Updated tooltips for Akali, Annie, Ashe, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Jax, Malphite, Rammus, Singed, and Zilean

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like to have really optimal pages for each champion, I don't want a page which is just "okay", I tweak things really specifically over time as I play a champion more and learn more what they need. Like, this is my Warwick page:

wwrunes.jpg

OremLK on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am really unmoved by these Ryze changes. They don't seem particularly good. However, they don't mention that his passive has changed, which means presumably the new combo is overload ult overload rune prison overload spell flux overload OVERLOAD OVERLOADDDDDDDD
    Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed

Yep, I said this was true but nobody believed meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
    Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
    +75 ability power
    +12 mana regeneration per 5
    UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction

AY LAIK DIS

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    booya amumu buffs.

schuss on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I really like that new AP CDR item because I am so fucking terrible at using DFG properly.

Really happy that Vlad's pool no longer speeds him up. Glad to see Anivia nerfs as well.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like to have really optimal pages for each champion, I don't want a page which is just "okay", I tweak things really specifically over time as I play a champion more and learn more what they need. Like, this is my Warwick page:

wwrunes.jpg

I would like 10 rune pages, but I hate riot too much to give them a dime past what I put in my original purchase.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Smite now deals true damage instead of magic damage

YESSSSS

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    really like that new AP CDR item because I am so fucking terrible at using DFG properly.

I am disappoint

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So Vlad is fucked in team fights now, huge hit to HP and escape abilities. He could already be snared through the pool.

Fizban140 on
This discussion has been closed.