Ahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Oh man.

That was so good.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It could have been the work of Poseidon

He was tired of getting picked on for being king of fish, so he decided to start impregnating our women with rape for shits and giggles

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Or maybe it's Dionysus.

But he was drunk at the time, so, arguably, he was the one who was raped. At least that's the story he's going to stick to when discussing the whole affair on an internet forum.

But I might be confusing him with someone else, I don't know.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nah you got that right.

Dionysus you smooth drunken motherfucker.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Prohibits transferring detainees from Guantanamo Bay.

Prohibits constructing facilities to house detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Prohibits funding for hiring new TSA employees.

Prohibits funding for immigrant integration programs.

Prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from collecting information on multiple sales of rifles or shotguns to the same person.

I imagine this is more to do with redundancy in government regulations. For instance, if I go purchase a rifle and a hand gun it is likely that I will undergo two background checks, investigations and everything of the like even though truly only one would be needed.

Because of odd regulations and technicalities a lot of bullshit redundancy has to take place, wasting time and money.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Speak of the devil.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Or maybe it's Dionysus.

But he was drunk at the time, so, arguably, he was the one who was raped. At least that's the story he's going to stick to when discussing the whole affair on an internet forum.

But I might be confusing him with someone else, I don't know.

Was it Shibby?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apparently if a woman gets pregnant by rape, it was God's work.

So basically, the Justin Bieber position?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    baby baby baby ohhhhhhhh

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Quoth wrote: »
    i want to see the acrobats

which tent is that

The one made of adobe

This did not get enough love

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    i want to see the acrobats

which tent is that

The one made of adobe

This did not get enough love

Thank you!

6a010535647bf3970b014e8kqav.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Eight percent of college men have either attempted or successfully raped. Thirty percent say they would rape if they could get away with it. When the wording was changed to “force a woman to have sex,” the number jumped to 58%. Worse still, 83.5% argue that “some women look like they are just asking to be raped.”

The fuck

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am not stunned

Antimatter on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joeuser we need more cute animal pictures.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am pretty stunned that nearly two thirds of men admitted that they would force a woman to have sex if they thought they could get away with it. I mean, how many might think it I don't know, but that seems like a high rate of admittance there.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Uriel wrote: »
    Joeuser we need more cute animal pictures.

He just can't wait to be king!

6a010535647bf3970b0147e.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    Isn't this only for like a week?

The shutdown could last for only a day or so, or it could go on for a week. It really could go on longer, but I don't think it ever has. It will continue until they reach a compromise that can be passed.

No I mean isn't this budget bill which has this laundry list of de-funded programs only supposed to be budget for like a week?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I know we are almost through with this fiscal year.

I think?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Maybe this is just me not understanding Washington speak.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-spending-resolution-20110408,0,2265172.story

So the budget the GOP passed includes funding the DoD through September but the rest of government funding only a week? So these cuts are only for one week?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Eight percent of college men have either attempted or successfully raped. Thirty percent say they would rape if they could get away with it. When the wording was changed to “force a woman to have sex,” the number jumped to 58%. Worse still, 83.5% argue that “some women look like they are just asking to be raped.”

The fuck

What I want to know is - how honest can these results be? I mean if you give someone a fill-out form and ask them 'have you raped someone before', how many rapists would answer that honestly, even when given the opportunity to be anonymous?

I'd really like to know more about the methodology of these studies.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hope the CDC is part of the shutdown. Not enough free market competition for disease agents.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Rolo wrote: »

The fuck

What I want to know is - how honest can these results be? I mean if you give someone a fill-out form and ask them 'have you raped someone before', how many rapists would answer that honestly, even when given the opportunity to be anonymous?

It sounds like pure propaganda to me.

Butters on
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

The fuck

Maybe the study was done on prison imates.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-spending-resolution-20110408,0,2265172.story

So the budget the GOP passed includes funding the DoD through September but the rest of government funding only a week? So these cuts are only for one week?

Basically the Republicans want to pass a measure to fund things for a week to keep government open while the big negotiation continues. But the President had said he would veto that because he wants a real budget.

The budget with the big list of things is the proposed budget for the year that they can't agree on.

And a note: Federal fiscal year is October, 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Basically the Republicans want to pass a measure to fund things for a week to keep government open while the big negotiation continues. But the President had said he would veto that because he wants a real budget.

Ok but the budget Obama proposed was horseshit. He completely ignored 99% of the recommendations from the study he commissioned and didn't want to cut anything for like 12 years.

Butters on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    HoA-player wrote: »

The fuck

actually wait

there is no margo paine who wrote Body Wars, although this factoid with the misspelled name seems to have been reblogged hundreds of times

there is a margo maine though, but aside from people attributing this fact to her, I can't find any excerpts that go into detail

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I don't believe that factoid for a second.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    HoA-player wrote: »

The fuck

actually wait

there is no margo paine who wrote Body Wars, although this factoid with the misspelled name seems to have been reblogged hundreds of times

there is a margo maine though, but aside from people attributing this fact to her, I can't find any excerpts that go into detail

And she seems to largely focus on body image issues for women and eating disorders. I can see how rape figures into body image, but her stuff seems to be geared toward acceptance of self, and I don't really see how that sort of statistic would really help anyone get over their doubts or fears.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    reid apparently keeps saying that abortion is what's holding up this deal

is abortion spending even part of the budget?

Squall on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Squall wrote: »

I know the GOP wants to do things like make it illegal for health insurance companies to cover abortion, stuff like that.

Javen on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Javen wrote: »

I know the GOP wants to do things like make it illegal for health insurance companies to cover abortion, stuff like that.

ah i see, i thought it had to do with planned parenthood because im pretty sure theyre already prohibited by law from allocating funds for abortion

not that it's 100% truth that that's the issue holding up the deal, mudslingin every which way
    cnn wrote:
    "While nothing will be decided until everything is decided, the largest issue is still spending cuts," Michael Steel said. "The American people want to cut spending to help the private sector create jobs -- and the Democrats that run Washington don't."

i love political speak

Squall on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    how does cutting spending help the private sector create jobs?

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2011
    They still want to block all federal funding to Planned Parenthood regardless. They also want to block D.C. from spending its own, non-federal money on abortions.

Anyway, the budget problem is solved.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

The proposed GOP budget prohibits funding for Planned Parenthood in a misguided attempt to stop abortions.

Here's an editorial from Pennsylvania

Planned Parenthood in Pennsylvania is about women’s health and sound financial planning.
    In the end, this really has nothing to do with women’s health and saving money. It is about the hot-button issue of abortion.

OK, but taxpayer dollars are not being used for abortions at Planned Parenthood. It uses private donations for all of its abortion services.
    In Pennsylvania, Planned Parenthood clinics saw 122,853 clients in 2009 — nearly the population of Lebanon County. It performed 207,631 sexually transmitted disease tests, 41,313 pap smear tests of which, on average, one in seven came back as abnormal, meaning a woman could be in some stage of cervical cancer.

Another 44,087 breast exams were performed and 96,751 female patients received birth control. Much of this was funded by the taxpayer dollars that go to Planned Parenthood.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

The proposed GOP budget prohibits funding for Planned Parenthood in a misguided attempt to stop abortions.

Here's an editorial from Pennsylvania

Planned Parenthood in Pennsylvania is about women’s health and sound financial planning.
    In the end, this really has nothing to do with women’s health and saving money. It is about the hot-button issue of abortion.

OK, but taxpayer dollars are not being used for abortions at Planned Parenthood. It uses private donations for all of its abortion services.
    In Pennsylvania, Planned Parenthood clinics saw 122,853 clients in 2009 — nearly the population of Lebanon County. It performed 207,631 sexually transmitted disease tests, 41,313 pap smear tests of which, on average, one in seven came back as abnormal, meaning a woman could be in some stage of cervical cancer.

Another 44,087 breast exams were performed and 96,751 female patients received birth control. Much of this was funded by the taxpayer dollars that go to Planned Parenthood.

Isn't part of it that the private donations would have to cover what the public funds used to cover, and as such there would be no money for abortions

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011

It's reasonable to assume that less abortions will be performed at planned parenthood offices if they don't have any federal funding.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh Jesse Jackson, never change.
    “This is a Civil War fight,” he said. “I think Time magazine has it right. This is the 150th anniversary of the 1861 Civil War. Now those are determined to shut the federal government down to make their point — their ideological-religious point.”

“You have those who believe in states’ rights and those who believe in a more perfect union,” he said. “States’ right are anti-civil rights, anti-workers’ right to bargain, anti-social justice, pro-rich and significantly insensitive to poor people — that was the great divide 150 years ago and it’s the great divide today in the ideological sense.”

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    is planned parenthood the only place that offers abortions?

can the government constitutionally discriminate against 1 organization while continuing to fund other health organizations?

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Ubik wrote: »
    can the government constitutionally discriminate against 1 organization while continuing to fund other health organizations?

They can't pass a law that only applies to one organization, but funding is completely discresionary.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ubik wrote: »

They can't pass a law that only applies to one organization, but funding is completely discresionary.

no,

there are limits on congress's spending power

not saying they're very strict though

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

This discussion has been closed.