Options

Mass 3ffect: 2012

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zllehs wrote: »
    lol yea i know stuff like "Suicide mission" is really irking me lol
    just finished collecting me crew (except for whoever is between Zaeed and Samara on the squad select page haven't found him/her yet lol) and doing their loyalty missions

Aquiring Reaper IFF is next...

should avoid this thread until i beat the game lol

To be fair, going through the Omega 4 relay is called a "suicide mission" pretty early on in ME2.

Oh, and advice about the Reaper IFF, spoilers but as generic as I can make them:
    Make sure you have all of the crew members you can recruit and have done all their loyalty missions before getting the Reaper IFF. Without getting into details, your time after this mission is very limited.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    just finished collecting me crew (except for whoever is between Zaeed and Samara on the squad select page haven't found him/her yet lol) and doing their loyalty missions

To be fair, going through the Omega 4 relay is called a "suicide mission" pretty early on in ME2.

Oh, and advice about the Reaper IFF, spoilers but as generic as I can make them:
    Make sure you have all of the crew members you can recruit and have done all their loyalty missions before getting the Reaper IFF. Without getting into details, your time after this mission is very limited.
    If you leave one loyalty mission for after - just one - it'll still work out.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

If you leave one loyalty mission for after - just one - it'll still work out.
    Two actually, but it is a very specific two. And best saved for a second play through.

Elixir on
    ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

thanks for the advice
    all done with everyones loyalty mission and stuff except for who ever is between Samara and Zaeed... havent found him/her yet lol

only jack and zaeed arent loyal lol

zllehs on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jack's loyalty mission is relatively short, and Zaeed's is pretty fun so I'd knock out both if you can.

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    "lol" is not punctuation.

If you lost Jack's loyalty due to the fight after her mission, I think you can restore it with a high (near-max) paragon/renegade option if you go talk to her in the hold, otherwise you're screwed.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jack's loyalty mission is relatively short, and Zaeed's is pretty fun so I'd knock out both if you can.

chose miranda over jack after her loyality mission
    and chose to help the people at the base rather than hunting the person that Zaeed wanted to kill lol.

zllehs on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

chose miranda over jack after her loyality mission
    and chose to help the people at the base rather than hunting the person that Zaeed wanted to kill lol

Please stop saying lol after your posts.
    You should go down and talk to Jack, there's a renegade or paragon conversation option that will let you get her loyalty back.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Seth Green wrote:
    Recorded my first 4 hours- 8 to go. No spoilers, but it's even better than you think. #MassEffect3

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Okay Seth Green, I'll stake my belief in your words. But I swear, if there's ANY single bit that is unappealing, just ONE, TINY sliver, you're the first guy I'm heading to! Brace your shins!

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Damn it, I wasn't thinking about Joker until now. >_<

Daris on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    12 hours of VO for Joker? That sounds like...more?

jackisreal on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jackisreal wrote: »

joker romance, callin' it now

Elendil on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Legion builds Joker an adamantium skeleton

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Finished off the last few achievements I was missing (insanity, Brawler, Tactician, the Arrival stuff) yesterday.

Some thoughts (spoiler-tagging them because I see someone is playing through for the first time)
    - Joker and EDI are still great, and all of their dialogue during the Collector raid is great.

- Miranda is a colossal jerk to Joker when she comes back from that Mystery Mission. She's not surviving my "canon run" :P

- Tali's loyalty mission is really depressing if you don't have the paragon/renegade scores to tell off the Admiralty Board.

- Do you always get a conversation with TIM before you go through the relay? I didn't remember this at all.

- I've been converted to the First Church of Jennifer Hale. I think I might do another whole-game-run this winter break before ME3 - femshep, romance Liara, kill Kaidan, save Wrex, destroy the Collector base.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I hope there's some kind of shuttle sequence in ME3 and Joker literally grabs Shepard and forces her to leave someone behind

and Shepard backs down

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Finished off the last few achievements I was missing (insanity, Brawler, Tactician, the Arrival stuff) yesterday.

Some thoughts (spoiler-tagging them because I see someone is playing through for the first time)
    - Joker and EDI are still great, and all of their dialogue during the Collector raid is great.

- Miranda is a colossal jerk to Joker when she comes back from that Mystery Mission. She's not surviving my "canon run" :P

- Tali's loyalty mission is really depressing if you don't have the paragon/renegade scores to tell off the Admiralty Board.

- Do you always get a conversation with TIM before you go through the relay? I didn't remember this at all.

- I've been converted to the First Church of Jennifer Hale. I think I might do another whole-game-run this winter break before ME3 - femshep, romance Liara, kill Kaidan, save Wrex, destroy the Collector base.
    You can save Tali without ratting out her dad by appealing to the crowd even if you're a grape paladin - it's just that the following cutscene is less viscerally satisfying.
    If you lost Jack's loyalty due to the fight after her mission, I think you can restore it with a high (near-max) paragon/renegade option if you go talk to her in the hold, otherwise you're screwed.
    I'm pretty sure that the checks to persuade Miranda/Jack/Tali/Legion are lower than the ones to end the initial conflict peacefully - after all, if you need the second check, obviously your score wasn't good enough for the first one, so it only makes sense to decrease the requirement.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    -Tal wrote: »
    I hope there's some kind of shuttle sequence in ME3 and Joker literally grabs Shepard and forces her to leave someone behind

and Shepard backs down

And then Joker becomes a squaddie. Why? Why the fuck not!

Imagine the combat banter! "Tis just a flesh wound!", "Gah, my legs!", "Okay Shepard, but you're carrying me back!"

And he will be an engineer class. And his special ability will be rocket drone launching leg braces.

Elixir on
    ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Three days until I finally get to start playing ME1, after owning it for a year!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

You can save Tali without ratting out her dad by appealing to the crowd even if you're a grape paladin - it's just that the following cutscene is less viscerally satisfying.
    I'm pretty sure that the checks to persuade Miranda/Jack/Tali/Legion are lower than the ones to end the initial conflict peacefully - after all, if you need the second check, obviously your score wasn't good enough for the first one, so it only makes sense to decrease the requirement.

I think they're identical which makes sense because you can trigger the Miranda/Jack one really early.

And to hit them you usually just need to respec into the class specific evolution that gives +100% to your paragon/renegade score instead of +60%.

Z0re on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Dunno how an hour in the studio equates to lines successfully recorded/used, but that does sound like it'll be quite a bit more.
    You don't need the red/blue text, you can incite the crowd if you've saved Kal'Reegar and...I think there was someone else, but I can't remember. Non-tortured Veetor maybe.

And welcome to the VA lightside. :)

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    V Faction wrote: »
    Okay Seth Green, I'll stake my belief in your words. But I swear, if there's ANY single bit that is unappealing, just ONE, TINY sliver, you're the first guy I'm heading to! Brace your shins!

Robot Chicken: Mass Effect edition?

Edit: Unless of course he actually IS recording that much Joker dialog for ME3, in which case I eagerly await the space snark.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

You have to be on top...
    Just saying.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

"Commander, that was worth breaking every single bone in my body!"

"Hopefully there's one bone that's not broken."
    Legion builds Joker an adamantium skeleton

On the Geth homeworld, Legion is upgraded into a Geth Colossus, which Joker then rides around like a robotic flashlight-headed death pony.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sure, a Joker romance might be incredibly dangerous to his health

but we already crossed that bridge with Tali

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    sure, a Joker romance might be incredibly dangerous to his health

but we already crossed that bridge with Tali

A 'nasty cough' and 'shattered pelvis' aren't exactly the same level of 'danger'.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    she got a nasty cough after drinking a gallon of antibiotics, unprotected she would probably die on the spot

Legion can build Joker a nice suit with barriers that covers everything but the dick

he likes it that way anyway

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Apparently, the June Playstation UK magazine says (ME3 stuff)
    your surviving human crew member will have become a Spectre in ME3.

Edit: I have to wonder
    how the hell Ashley manages. "How many other human Spectres are there again?"

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    "Commander, that was worth breaking every single bone in my body!"

"Hopefully there's one bone that's not broken."

Whelp, that's going to be it for the Mass Effect 3 thread. Sure had a good run, but I don't think we're topping that. Who wants to get started on the next one?

EDIT: Oops, scratch that. We've got one more:
    I'd in-Spect-her, if you know what I mean.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Sole survivor of the first Geth attack since the initial rebellion, which is similar to Shep's Maw run in. Lesser, but still notable. Was part of the team that killed a rogue Spectre and saved the Citadel. Two years of Spec Ops. I can see that being sufficient to be high on the list of human candidates. Probably even enough to overlook a few political blunders. Also, good for placating the Alliance crowd while still not giving too much to the Terra Firma types.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Grabbed Bring down the Sky and Pinnacle Station for my inaugural FemShep run. Also will be playing through on Hardcore for kicks. I'm thinking Infiltrator. Still need to pick up Overlord and Arrival before I replay ME2.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is why I was upset to hear Joker news in advance... >_<

You're all worse then the stay at home wives who write slash fanfics.

Daris on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Finished Mass Effect 2 earlier today. The ending is a lot of fun, and super tense. Didn't lose anyone either.

I will say that the Cain is a pointless heavy weapon, it has too much of a chance of harming you. For vanilla ME2, I never did find a heavy weapon much better than the Collector gun.

One thing I'm hoping Mass Effect 3 has is the ability to edit your existing character's looks. In ME2, if I wanted to edit my transfered Shepard, I had to start from scratch, I couldn'
    t edit from a pre-existing designed face.

never die on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    never die wrote: »
    Finished Mass Effect 2 earlier today. The ending is a lot of fun, and super tense. Didn't lose anyone either.

I will say that the Cain is a pointless heavy weapon, it has too much of a chance of harming you. For vanilla ME2, I never did find a heavy weapon much better than the Collector gun.

One thing I'm hoping Mass Effect 3 has is the ability to edit your existing character's looks. In ME2, if I wanted to edit my transfered Shepard, I had to start from scratch, I couldn'

Fun fact, you can't die to the Cain as long as your shields are up.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Fun fact, you can't die to the Cain as long as your shields are up.

And you can instantly end the IFF mission with it.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Sole survivor of the first Geth attack since the initial rebellion, which is similar to Shep's Maw run in. Lesser, but still notable. Was part of the team that killed a rogue Spectre and saved the Citadel. Two years of Spec Ops. I can see that being sufficient to be high on the list of human candidates. Probably even enough to overlook a few political blunders. Also, good for placating the Alliance crowd while still not giving too much to the Terra Firma types.

But Ashley hates Terra Firma.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also, the scenes with Kelly after you beat the game if you romance her are actually kind of awkward.
    No romance conversation, no talk of feelings, just awkward dancing, hlolding, and petting.

never die on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also, the scenes with Kelly after you beat the game if you romance her are actually kind of awkward.
    No romance conversation, no talk of feelings, just awkward dancing, hlolding, and petting.

Those are the only scenes I ever got with her. Is there another?

Tamin on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com