As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Skyrim thread for adventurers who don't think jokes get funnier the more you tell them

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    I was planning on going clothes myself when I first started but quickly realised that the difference is nil when you have high sneak skills combined with Muffle. And it turns out it's very tough to get by with an armour rating of zero! Mages at least have the stone flesh/ward spells.

Yeah, looking over my options regular clothes aren't worth the trade-off.

But someday I will have my master thief who dresses like a chef.

Someday.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm here to cook for the emperor.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I'd tell you about all the things I cooked

but the first blinded me

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    never mind this battle axe forged with the still-beating heart of an ancient demon lord strapped to my back, where's the cilantro?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Dammit Dave.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    #pipe wrote: »
    never mind this battle axe forged with the still-beating heart of an ancient demon lord strapped to my back, where's the cilantro?

I made this great bisque with horker meat, carrots, leeks, garlic, and wonderful seasoning mix of nirnroot, falmer ear, and nightshade.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote:
    I was planning on going clothes myself when I first started but quickly realised that the difference is nil when you have high sneak skills combined with Muffle. And it turns out it's very tough to get by with an armour rating of zero! Mages at least have the stone flesh/ward spells.

Woah hey, those things were cumbersome and too much trouble to deal with. Our armor consisted entirely of the Impact perk.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrE-4enmJT8

I think this is my favourite FUS RO DAH video. Though really, they're all my favourites.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I had double dragons today, as in, two attacking me at once.

Also think I've done about 7 dragon priests... need to count me masks I keep in breezehome to make sure.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow, so I randomly encountered one of those Vigilant of Stendar guys fighting something called a Volkihar Vampire, which murdered the hell out of the Vigilant and then did the same to me. My Orc is 45 and heavy armour and has nothing but contempt for dragons and pretty much everything else I come across, but this vampire bastard massacred me basically without a fight. I couldn't make the encounter happen again after a save though, where are these Volkihar jerks hiding?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    im playin my stealth dude with only clothes, though i am usin a shield

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Wow, so I randomly encountered one of those Vigilant of Stendar guys fighting something called a Volkihar Vampire, which murdered the hell out of the Vigilant and then did the same to me. My Orc is 45 and heavy armour and has nothing but contempt for dragons and pretty much everything else I come across, but this vampire bastard massacred me basically without a fight. I couldn't make the encounter happen again after a save though, where are these Volkihar jerks hiding?

yeah they'll do that.

I killed one the other day, but it was a close call.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    and a gun

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Welp without me adding any mods or changing any settings Skyrim has decided to crash to desktop every few minutes again. Dammit.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular

yeah they'll do that.

A challenge at level 40+?

I must find one of these

• Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Yea, I don't think I've seen a challenge past 40 or so either. I've basically been sprinting through dungeons trying to clear everything. Still over a third of the map left though, plus most of the main quest, so there is always hope.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012

Just follow the Vigilants around at night. Usually, the Volikhar patrol the roads just like any other random encounter.

I don't think I've seen them when the Vigilants aren't around, though.

edit: Just look for the lightning and blood.

LTM on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote:

yeah they'll do that.

A challenge at level 40+?

I must find one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJEiz6AdN4

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    daaaaang

that might finally be the thing to put me in my place

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I have never met one of those. Those Forsworn dual-wielding strippers give me the most problems, especially because Forsworn are never alone.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    my characters wear clothes because I like how they look

problem is, I'm forced to take Alteration if I want to do any non-stealth thing up close

it's easier to stick with summons, trickery, and arrows if I want to survive

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    seriously, what is the deal with Forsworn, how are they so tough

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    If you haven't had the pleasure of pickpocketing one of those Briarheart dudes, I suggest you give it a try. It's pretty funny.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I've seen a Briarheart cast Frost Cloak once before.

Which isn't a big deal to me, but it very nearly killed my partner since it would bypass the whole 'heat is taken off of partners when they're near death' thing.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If you haven't had the pleasure of pickpocketing one of those Briarheart dudes, I suggest you give it a try. It's pretty funny.

All items you take still count as stolen. Guards are serious about stealing a dude's heart.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Neat! I found a fairy ring. Is there any significance to it? Maybe I should go back at midnight.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh I saw one of those! But no I didn't investigate. I wasn't sure if it was just some thing or if it actually does something. I just assumed it was some neat decorative thing (albeit intentional).

• Options

I have 100 Sneak and they still see me coming somehow. it's unreal.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    welp, i went ahead and installed the new GeForce drivers, and...they actually did improve things a bit. not 44% FPS increase at all, but maybe a 5 or 6 FPS jump, enough to make things smooooooth. will do more stability testing.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    [L][L] Lincoln, NERegistered User regular
    Anyone know if there are any decent basic needs (hunger, sleep) mods out? For whatever reason I really enjoyed the hardcore mode stuff in New Vegas, and I'm kinda missing it. I saw a couple on the workshop, but they were either stupidly complicated or way off in balance. If anyone has been using anything like that, I'd appreciate some recommendations or comments.

• Options

100! That is surprising. If I'm behind someone I don't think I ever get detected, even before I reached 100 or took the silent running perk. But then my stealth skills are stacked high with Muffle and the Dark Brotherhood boots.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    "Side effects may include icedick"

"Is icedick really really good, or really really bad?"

"It depends on what you want to do with your dick"
    S7tYm.jpg

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    The weirdest boner

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    It's so shiny.

Must resist...urge...to fire icebolt...at own crotch.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Whoa shit, did soul trap daggers for money get slapped down in a patch? I just made a whole bunch after a long break and nada.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    marty_0001 wrote:

100! That is surprising. If I'm behind someone I don't think I ever get detected, even before I reached 100 or took the silent running perk. But then my stealth skills are stacked high with Muffle and the Dark Brotherhood boots.

well if I'm behind them it's another story, but it seems with Briarhearts that they're rarely facing away from me

I am wearing the DB boots too, but check it: I am in Hag's End and there's that one Briarheart there, I sneak up the stairs near him, I'm not even at the top of the stairs before he gets spooked and starts wandering around looking for me.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Welp

Skyrim thread can point and laugh. I took the weekend to do a much needed cleaning of my computer, including a fresh install of windows...and apparently I missed my skyrim save folder when backing everything up.

Farewell, MC Hammer. You sure loved your hammer. I hope you are using it to settle petty disputes in Sovngarde.
    Goodbye, Whistles-Innocently, you didn't make it to Riften to join the thieves guild, and now you never will.

:(

Sticks on
  • Options
    Ah don't worry about that, half the fun is in starting a new character! I want to finish my assassin character by doing the Thieves Guild quests, and collecting all of the dragon priest masks, but I am sorely tempted to just jump right into a mage and start throwing lightning bolts at people.

Also, I have steam sync on, but what is it actually syncing? Are all of my saves stored in the cloud, or just my latest one?

This discussion has been closed.