As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    SA killed Sic, Grug, and RK/PM last night. Granted, some of them are HK geared already, but not to the breadth that TEC is. I think TEC is just filled with baddies (Ategev)

I havent logged in for years I think I might be done with rift

a mix of lack of time and not having enough fun people to play with

I blame @pipthefair

speaking of pips bleach was amazing again this week, byakuya (fuck you I looked up the spelling) blowing off the messing with your past bullshit was fantastic

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    yeah anime as the totp in the rift thread

like I give a fuck

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    There's also the issue of logged in for years... considering the game is just now a year old. :D

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    He's a Defiant sent back from the future. Duh.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Yeah, playing isn't fun. But I want that friggin' Kraken's Spine!!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah none of the akylios mage weapons are very exciting at all, I think I'll log in for a couple raids and blow my DKP

mass effect 3 multiplayer is hells of fun though, and diablo 3 comes out in 2 months I guess and that is going to just eat all of my time forever

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    I feel like I need to play a bunch this weekend and finally get that Air Glyph or whatever that increases my dex by 30 on one hand. Depends on what the bonus this weekend is. It'd be awesome if it was XP.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So my Cleric's 31, and I'm in the middle of Purifier healing a Foul Cascade, right?

I'm sitting here thinking, "Man, AOE healing's a bit of a pain, wonder how you're supposed to do it? All my stuff's single-target healing..."

And then I notice my Player button's flashing. Apparently I never actually spent my level 31 soul point.

Read Surging Flame.

...Oh, hey, THAT's how.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So my Cleric's 31, and I'm in the middle of Purifier healing a Foul Cascade, right?

I'm sitting here thinking, "Man, AOE healing's a bit of a pain, wonder how you're supposed to do it? All my stuff's single-target healing..."

And then I notice my Player button's flashing. Apparently I never actually spent my level 31 soul point.

Read Surging Flame.

...Oh, hey, THAT's how.

If you want AoE healing, mix Warden and Sentinel.

• Options
    I had a decent HK pug last night! I grabbed Midnight's Edge from Matron and the Loop of Lost Souls from Zilas. The Double Barrelled Problem Solver dropped, but I didnt get it.

Also, have you fuckers seen the ID gear drops? There's some really nice-looking gear in there.

well crap i was gonna link it but they took the gallery down

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is there any sort of "scroll of Resurrection" type thing for this? I played at launch and stopped after a while, but I'm dying for an MMO to scratch my itch and my attempt at free to play Aion didn't hit it at all. But since I already have an account, I'd sooner resub that then start over and such. \

edit: There is no account matching this email address my ass. damnit, did I get hacked and stolen? I bet I got hacked and stolen.

edit 2: Nope, I'm an idiot and I changed my email that I normally used and got my account. Yay.

edit 3: Apparently I got 3 free days for logging back into my account. Victory!

edit: I swear I'll stop editing now, but are you guys still on Gnarlewood, on Defiant? Cause I'll roll up a new person to tool around for a few days before deciding if I want to resub. Apparently they've much improved a lot of things though, so that's cool.

edit: I LIED I'M DOING IT AGAIN. I'm reading back through the thread and there's so much drama. Where are all the cool fun not scary people playing nowadays? Did everyone go goon squad?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    No scroll of resurrection, but there is ascend a friend. Doesn't work on people that have an account already though.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    No scroll of resurrection, but there is ascend a friend. Doesn't work on people that have an account already though.

Well that's fine, since I get 3 days now. Now to just figure out what server to play on, with maximum funtime people. The last 10 pages have not particularly cleared that up for me.

edit: Downloading on Steam now, but apparently all my characters were on Sunrest and Faeblight, which apparently no one plays on anymore?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    I'm on Faeblight. Prolly the only one left.

• Options
    We've kinda split up now. I recommend going to Faeblight and seeing if you can join a guild there. It's a shame, cause this is still a great MMO.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Man, I love how the event Planarite bonus works for everything.

Get planarite in the mail from a lootable? Bonus.
    Trade in a sourcestone for planarite? Bonus.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Oh man, there are UI mods for this? Any recommendations for good ones? I'd like an AH mod probably, and a good party-bar mod if possible.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Most of the mods out there are for raid UIs, DPS meters, things like that. I personally don't use them, as the tools given are usually enough to get the job done.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I use nkWardrobe to change between roles and gear outfits, that's it.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I use nkWardrobe to change between roles and gear outfits, that's it.

I'm surprised they havn't put in a built-in UI for it, seeing as how they have /loadequip and /saveequip already.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Whose making the new thread? Probably someone who is in the know.

• Options
    Are expert rifts T1 or T2 as far as stats go?

• Options
    Yes. I'm guessing its 100 for the T1 rifts and ~220 (to not miss) on the T2 ones in Ember Isle.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Need to work on my toughness a bit then. Close to raid-ready with my DPS set, but tank gear just refuses to drop for me.

Echo on
  • Options
    Work on the DPS stuff, and let other people do the tanking for you. Pick up the tank gear when it drops.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Yeah, I do one or two experts a day. Slowly gearing up the tank set.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea expert rifts are like t1s

I really enjoyed rift and should probably get back into it but just dont have any opportunity to

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    warlee isn't the raid leader anymore and 1.8 is lookin' great

that will probably be a good opportunity to play some

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Someone explain Chloromancer healing to me, because the one thing I healed I felt like I was panicking the entire time.

• Options
    Fandyien wrote: »

Really?

What happened! I didn't bother playing on Monday because I don't like listening to his voice for a few hours.

• Options
    Can greater essences be bought anywhere, or are they all drops? Working on a tank-spec focus.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Can greater essences be bought anywhere, or are they all drops? Working on a tank-spec focus.

The best essences are bought from the vendors in the Planar College behind the Manufactory. Depending on who you talk to, they will either tell you to buy the 50/2500 essences or just wait and save up for the 100/5000 essences. That's 50 inscribed sourcestones and 2500 planarite, etc. Personally, I'm buying the 50/2500 just to have a tank specific source engine with lots of +end and +block so I have something to use for Tier 1 raids while I work on a water resist and fire resist engine.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Someone explain Chloromancer healing to me, because the one thing I healed I felt like I was panicking the entire time.

Synth the tank, tell the dps to not be dumb.

• Options
    Malkor wrote: »

Really?

What happened! I didn't bother playing on Monday because I don't like listening to his voice for a few hours.

@Fandyien where'd you go, tell us what happened, i have to know! though I'm having a blast with SA right now

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Also, RE: greater essences: More bang for your buck to go with a lesser in that slot than a greater, generally. If you go with a greater, you should be going with one of the T2 earth/fire raid rift greaters. Fire will get you either a Rogue/Warrior DPS essence, or a healing essence. Earth gets you a tanking essence or a Mage/Cleric DPS essence.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Also I'm Dohaeris on Deepwood, so wave if you see me.

• Options

@fandyien yes please explain this in great detail

I cancelled my account last week and I was literally about to log in and send you/auth/monster all of my money before my account closed

but this may change things for me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @hoodie i pretty much quit, my account is still active and i'm still in TEC but i ain't logged in in over a month

anyways monster told me about it the other day, i think they decided after saturday or something? i mean nobody liked warlee raid leading, monster least of all (he wanted to reclaim his position but can't really now that he is workin' full time) so i reckon Wurm is gonna be calling now, and when monster is there, he'll be calling

that's what he told me, anyway, you know how dudes be so it could've changed back already

but lightforce quit, among other people, and i think errybody realized that just thinking about how much warlee sux and not doing anything about it wasn't working

i dunno i'm supposed to be hanging with monster here shortly i'll tell him to make ye poste in here

SkyCaptain wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Synth the tank, tell the dps to not be dumb.

synth the tank and then use that one channelled ability over and over and over
    chloromancer is a two button class

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    @sniperguy

You can be a perfectly good AOE healer and an EXCELLENT tank healer with one simple spell: Void Life

Dump 51 points in chloro, and you need the following skills on your bar: Void Life, Bloom, Flourish, Essence Surge, Radiant Spores, Entropic Veil, Synthesis, LifeGiving Veil, Wild Growth, Living Shell, Empathic Bond, and Living Energy. As well as Soul Tether (combat res) and Seed of Life (regular res) and Nature's Cleansing (cleanse)

Living Energy needs to always be toggled on

For Single Target healing use Synthesis on the person you're healing (this automatically activates life bound veil) and for AOE healing turn on Life Giving Veil

Inside the spoiler is a basic chloro methodology that works exactly the same for both single target and AOE healing
    Radiant Spores on the enemy (keep it refreshed)
    Void Life until you have full charge then activate Wild Growth, and ever time you have full charge and Wild Growth is off cd use Wild Growth again
    Keep using Void Life the entire time Wild Growth is going
    Once you have Void Lifed back to full charge, activate Entropic Veil, and then continue spamming Void Life
    For the rest of the fight you will activate entropic veil IF you have full charge and ONLY IF Wild Growth is on Cooldown

That is your regular rotation, here are some conditionals:

IF the whole group takes spike damage use Flourish
    IF ONE person takes spike damage use Bloom on them
    If THE TANK takes huge spikes of damage use Essence Surge on them

IF you run out of mana you have several options depending on your spec and what you're healing role is.
    IF you have warlock in your spec you can always life tap once or twice no matter what your role is
    IF you have dominator in your spec you can use mana wrench safely if you are AOE healing, but it can be risky if you are the tank healer
    IF you are aoe healing, use Living Shell and you'll regenerate a lot of your mana provided you aren't hit by something
    If you are tank healing use Empathic Bond first, but only if the tank is going to be taking damage (ie not during a run around phase), and then use Living Shell Second

There are better builds specifically for aoe healing, and better rotations for both single target and aoe healing but they can depend on gear and synergy crystals

51 Chloro and the rotation I posted will get you through everything just fine.

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Man, I havn't been on my rogue in a while, been mostly busy leveling my cleric. (Which isn't in any of the guilds.)

It's funny, can't put my finger on why, but it just feels more... comfortable. Maybe from all my years of playing a WoW priest.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
This discussion has been closed.