Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    xWg4a.png
    n39PB.png

Few more here: http://imgur.com/a/ACHi4

these are great!

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, since the only west road being added onto is new west road, I just went ahead and added a station onto the existing one. (After getting permission from the station I branched off of.) So, from spawn you can now travel the rails to Atomsk! Now, with that I'm going to say my station isn't glamorous, but it's functional.

...but I won't be playing Minecraft much in the next however long. My laptop's fan is loose or unbalanced or something, and it makes the most obnoxious noise when it's at full speed. It's literally intolerable. So, until I get that fixed I'm just going to use my computer for emails, Facebook, and school work. I'll miss you all!

WuShock wrote: »
    Also, the idea of a server drinking party was brought up last night. Get online, get lit, build something outrageous. Thoughts?

Definitely interested in this. Let's just have a DD (designated designer) to make sure we're not making a mess of things. Mhmm.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    I'd ask for one of the HS, but I want to finish the dome first.

Also, the idea of a server drinking party was brought up last night. Get online, get lit, build something outrageous. Thoughts?

I think it should be set for when the majority of the server's college is out for summer. I think we need to find a large building area far away from civilization, and I think we need to ferry supplies to said location for a couple weeks in advance >.> it must .......be........biblical.

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Ferret wrote: »
    it must .......be........biblical.

How's Genesis 11:4 work for ya? ;)

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Perfect, though our tower is going to go past heaven into super heaven .

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    They had to cap it at super Heaven because after that the world just wraps around and they hit the pits of hell

Satan was piiiiiiiiised

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    xWg4a.png
    n39PB.png

Few more here: http://imgur.com/a/ACHi4

What tool did you use to make those renders?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    They were handcrafted in GIMP
    I don't know, please don't kill me

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular

I think it should be set for when the majority of the server's college is out for summer. I think we need to find a large building area far away from civilization, and I think we need to ferry supplies to said location for a couple weeks in advance >.> it must .......be........biblical.

I so agree. SO MUCH.

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Those renders look amazing GM.

• Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    Notch wrote:
    Surprisingly little assembler code went into this! Now to implement a BASIC interpreter for maximum Xzibit.

ApK3UYbCMAIYTvI.png
    Notch wrote:
    I'm making a space game, and space ships have computers. So I'm giving them real ones.

Ohmygod.
    Notch wrote:
    The hyperverse EM array will let you connect to web servers. The multiverse ones, other multiplayer games. The regular one, your game.

Ngggh.

You guys.

I want you to imagine.

How goddamn fuckawesome this can get.

It will be the BBS era all over again. IN SPACE

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    any of you thinking of donating to the child's play mix match event to try getting 1 of the 3 seats to play against valve, bethesda, notch, yogscast, and other famous people in team fortress 2?i don't have a ton of money but... repeatedly fragging notch for all the lazy half done work hes done sounds fun.

dargondarkfire on
  • Options
    AzureOdysseyAzureOdyssey Registered User new member
    A few of us up in the Northern area are excited about this new rail system. We're still pretty new to the server but is there anything we can do to assist? Donations? Manpower?

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular

I still think this is a great idea. Plus this way it doesn't make me feel like I have as much of a 'problem' when I decide to drink and m'craft on a tuesday night or whatever. I'll stop throwing all my dirt, gravel, and cobble into the cactus pit for now.

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ninjedit

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I already know I drink too much, you don't have to edit that out to save my feelings.

Drijen on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Carrington, it looks like since 1.2.4, oak saplings don't have any more problems growing right next to other trees. That neat sawmill of yours won't put bonemeal to waste at all now! MAKE IT HAPPEN

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    OKAY RED TEXT AGAIN ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

We are ready to update to 1.2.4. This is kind of a big deal and is one of the, if not the, biggest updates we've had to do. What does this mean for you guys? Read on!

The Process:

I will be doing things slightly differently this time around to ensure the smoothest transition possible. One of the things that is different already happened - we did a test run for a few hours using the putative plugin suite on the SETest server. While there are a few things not currently working, for the most part we're comfortable with mission critical functionality and are ready to proceed. This will be a more complicated process for me and some of the other admins but I'll highlight things:

1) Sometime tomorrow or Saturday I will take the server down and remove the whitelist. You will receive 'Not whitelisted!' messages or something to that effect when you attempt to log on (I'm not sure what the exact text will be because we're switching whitelist from a plugin to bukkit's core functionality).
    2) I will make multiple redundant copies of the maps.
    3) We will cause the server to update the maps to Anvil format one by one. This will take for goddamn ever.
    4) Some other magic.
    5) I will begin tapping specific people to come on and test as I am ready and they are available. This will be mostly a matter of convenience and should not be construed as my loving any of you less.
    6) When playtesting is sufficiently problem-free to the satisfaction of the admin team, we will restore whitelisting to everyone else.

What Will Be Different:

1) We will have a fully functional 1.2 map. It will have a 256 buildheight across all maps, jungles, ocelots, etc.
    2) Lag will be reduced by a variable margin for different players due to a variety of new measures as well as improvements to core Minecraft. Server load will be radically reduced.
    3) As a result of 2, some things may operate oddly for you. If, for instance, you hit a huge number of mobs with a splash potion, it may seem as though you don't get as many exp orbs as you'd expect, but your exp will go up the expected amount. This is because of a mod we have installed now that buffers entities, preventing them from entering the world in such numbers or frequency that they lag the server. Very large amounts of TNT may detonate oddly (we're talking HUGE amounts of TNT here though, not things you guys are likely to be using). Extraordinarily large amounts of mobs may be throttled to prevent overspawn and server lag, and will be allowed to generate in when mobs are killed.
    4) If you experience lag in a specific area, please inform an admin. There is now a command we can run to try and fix it.
    5) Chat may or may not still have channels depending on whether HeroChat pushes a candidate build in time. If that ends up taking forever we'll push ChannelChat back on in the interim.

What Will Not Be Different:

1) Almost everything, but specifically...
    2) MCM directions. Bukkit suddenly reverse an update to Minecraft's new canonical directions. Old North is still MCM North, and so on. /pos still shows old directions.
    3) PvP. Right now, unless I get an answer to a ticket I raised in the next 24 hours, PvPToggle won't let me set permissions properly in 1.2.4.
    4) Showcase will not be coming back yet. Sorry guys, I love it too.

What Will Not Be Working Out of the Gate:

Dynmap. Shit's not updated quite yet. I expect we'll have it back soon.

one last thing I forgot...

What to Expect In the Coming Days

1) Frequent server downtime. As much as I have tried to vet and playtest all plugins, I am not delusional enough to believe I caught all bugs. Some of them will require restarts.
    2) Possible inventory loss. I'm sorry, I know this sucks and we'll do everything we can to help you out with it. But it's best not to carry a huge amount of shit on your person. Chests are ALWAYS safer during update time.
    3) Invasions postponed until the build is stable. This happens every update. We're not gonna tell you when they'll be back, though. Could be hours, could be days. Stay vigilant!
    4) Surprises! We have other plugins on the way that are lagging behind the update, but which will be added as soon as they are available.

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular

Darn >< no mo invasions for a bit. unless. right now.

*holds breath*

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    a few things.
    1. can we disable zombies from breaking doors?
    2. can we get like a big invasion before the go down?
    3. can we get a version of the world up that we get to devistate?
    4. can we get a mod that makes the rain turn into cats and dogs?

• Options
    shitshitshitshit

Gotta finish that design for the floating city plan and cook mad amounts of stone

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    a few things.

If the lag problem gets fixed, I think a one-off attack of spawn would be pretty cool to do on a copied map.
    Or even beyond that, battles taking place in areas that we wouldnt normally be able to, like the theme towns and stuff people would ordinarily not want subject to invasions.

• Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    a few things.

1. nope. Survival SMP!
    everything else: I cant tell you as i am currently in norwegia feasting on salmon and loping around with skis on my feet. I am immesurerably jealous of all of you, as i know I probably wont be able to play at all until the 10th. boohoo.

I suppose I better go enjoy real mountains, and fight the urge to punch trees and excise cubes of dirt and rock.

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    Firematic. wrote: »
    a few things.

If the lag problem gets fixed, I think a one-off attack of spawn would be pretty cool to do on a copied map.
    Or even beyond that, battles taking place in areas that we wouldnt normally be able to, like the theme towns and stuff people would ordinarily not want subject to invasions.

was that a hint to attack woolhalla?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, woolhalla has been sort of attacked before. But like, invading Townstuck might be cool. Or some other large community project, where ordinarily such things would be frowned upon.

edit: i demand salmons. Bring me on million salmons.

Firematic. on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    FRIENDLY REMINDER: TOWNSTUCK IS A NEUTRAL, NON-RP ZONE.

So don't get any ideas.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    hooraay, updates!

• Options
    Thats what I mean, if we used one of the duplicate maps for such events instead of the main map.
    So we could use the whole map without upsetting people, because it wouldn't be happening on the permanent world.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    What did Townstuck do to you Fire?

Why do you want so desperately for it to be destroyed?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    @The Good Doctor Tran Are the expeditions go for this Sunday then or should we wait until next Sunday? Also, are you cutting off those pieces of the map like were mentioned before (mostly that one in Team One's exploration area and maybe those stunts traveling way out in the ocean that didn't find or build anything or have followup)?

And are any biomes getting changed before we go in so the Ispawnbul Old Harbor will thaw out?

@apricotmuffins Remember that discussion we were having earlier? Washington state also has salmon and skiing!

• Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    @The Good Doctor Tran Are the expeditions go for this Sunday then or should we wait until next Sunday? Also, are you cutting off those pieces of the map like were mentioned before (mostly that one in Team One's exploration area and maybe those stunts traveling way out in the ocean that didn't find or build anything or have followup)?

And are any biomes getting changed before we go in so the Ispawnbul Old Harbor will thaw out?

@apricotmuffins Remember that discussion we were having earlier? Washington state also has salmon and skiing!

@Mayabird is bad at forums.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Q&A

No.

The Ender Dragon was insufficient?

Maybe. I might toss the test server online so you guys can screw around / see where I detonated a 100x50 TNT cube. This will depend on how much time I have while doing other things and if Ulti or Nuka has time to help me. They are both way more busy than I am.

The sixties weren't good to you, were they?
    Are the expeditions go for this Sunday then or should we wait until next Sunday? Also, are you cutting off those pieces of the map like were mentioned before (mostly that one in Team One's exploration area and maybe those stunts traveling way out in the ocean that didn't find or build anything or have followup)?

I see no particular impediment to doing them this Sunday, but there're some complications with excising that portion of the map so I can't promise anything there. Basically, for people who weren't on vent the night Ulti and I talked about it, an old region file is 1024 18x18 chunks. You can't delete just one chunk very easily (I could with an NBT editor, but I'm not going to do that because of the likelihood I would royally screw something up). Moreover, what is contained in a given region is USUALLY contiguous chunks, but not always. So I could really easily just shred a portion of the map.

So don't expect that part of the map to be gone, unfortunately.

We know that we are doing this but whether or not it will be done the moment you log on after the update depends entirely on whether BiomeMan's current stable build works for us and how easy it is for me to figure out how to use it. If it's really critical for the expeditions that the harbor thaw, I will make this a priority, but obviously I can't make promises.

• Options
    With the new map format possible tools for changing the biomes of chunks will be released. In a previous update a massive biome change created a huge frozen-over ocean to the South. After a while I kinda got used to it, but my floating chain island thing looks kinda weird now. Would it be possible to revert the chunk it's sitting in to a not-frozen biome again? Or should I accept that it's a frozen wasteland now?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    You got Ice9'ed Duke.

Ain't no goin back from Ice9.

• Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    What killed the Dukesaurs?

The ice age.
    67kNl.jpg

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    Extraordinarily large amounts of mobs may be throttled to prevent overspawn and server lag, and will be allowed to generate in when mobs are killed.

couple questions about this:

1) What does an "extraordinarily large amount of mobs" constitute? are we talking like 1000+ or a very reachable 400-500 mobs?

2) is this a global cap? Like, say psyck0 and I have mob grinders on at the same time and the cap is 500 mobs, do we each get 500 mobs in our spawners or do we only get 250 each now?

3) "generate in when mobs are killed" means that they dont actually exist until the mobs die, right? Its not like theres ghost mobs floating around that are *actually* there but just arent rendered?

I mean, I guess I'll figure this stuff out just by experiment later, but it'd be nice to know if you have time

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    TOWNSTUCK

Burn it down.

Burn it all down.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    Says i'm not whitelisted for the test server. Am I doing it wrong? D:

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Laikka wrote: »
    Says i'm not whitelisted for the test server. Am I doing it wrong? D:

ditto on the test server that is

Ferret on
This discussion has been closed.