As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Is there a page or list for shotguns that explains the Pros and Cons of each ammo type and which shotguns perform best with each ammo type? Still only have the 870c but just feel I'm not understanding the ammo component properly to use it to its best ability.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is there a page or list for shotguns that explains the Pros and Cons of each ammo type and which shotguns perform best with each ammo type? Still only have the 870c but just feel I'm not understanding the ammo component properly to use it to its best ability.
    http://symthic.com/?s=bf3 is the closest thing to that there is.

Played a few rounds tonight, the SKS is just soooo gooooooood. Definitely the most improved gun of the patch. The RPK really isn't that bad. It was already a great gun, it's just that nobody used it because people are dumb and it wasn't the flavor of the month. Now that there's the extended mag glitch with it people are finally bothering to seriously try it and realizing it's quite a handy rifle.

I haven't had any problems with suppression but I always used the cover perk anyway so whoopdeedoo.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    running over koga will never get old

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems with suppression but I always used the cover perk anyway so whoopdeedoo.

If theres one thing the patch has done its that its made running the anti suppression perk necessary.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

If theres one thing the patch has done its that its made running the anti suppression perk necessary.

If you say so, I could never imagine playing BF3 without that perk running since being able to complete shit on kids spraying and praying and watching their tears flood the text chat was always fun.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    must admit, after playing this for a few hours now i'm not liking the suppression increase. I didn't like it when i first heard about suppression in the game originally, but it was manageable. this...this is not fun in the slightest.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My score per minute has doubled since I placed a TUGS on the platform under B on metro last night.

How weird!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Anyone else having a problem where you are alt-tabbed out of the game at least once per session because Windows 7 asks whether you want to change color settings to Basic because the computer is running "slowly"?

I get this all the damn time, I choose the option "No, never fucking ask me again" yet this happens once per session.

• Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem where you are alt-tabbed out of the game at least once per session because Windows 7 asks whether you want to change color settings to Basic because the computer is running "slowly"?

I get this all the damn time, I choose the option "No, never fucking ask me again" yet this happens once per session.

Haven't had it in a while, used to get it all the fucking time. Try running CCleaner through it a few times a month, I suspect that's what has fixed mine.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

It happened before I got my SSD and it continued to do so after, despite having 8GB of ram. And it doesnt appear as though the patch has resolved the issue.

• Options
    Nice I will try that CCleaner!

• Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This patch brought to you by Saran Wrap?

Am I missing something that is hilarious only to Americans?

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Some of my least productive rounds are my squadmates most productive. Using the MAV and Guiding my teamates through encounters...

I wish we got more points for this sort of thing- like a squad bonus on motion sensor spots. You can make the other 3 dudes even more unstoppable.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I have decided that I'm lukewarm to the 870c. Unless you hit the head it always takes two shots in close quarters. I have trouble twitch aiming so I rarely hit the head.

• Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    I think the most interesting thing in that podcast is that the blur and inaccuracy from suppression apparently weren't changed at all in the patch. They just expanded the radius of how close bullets need to be, how many bullets it takes to be suppressed and how long you are suppressed.

I haven't really had much of a problem dealing with it because it goes away after 3-4 seconds of being behind cover, but whatever.

Also I get the windows color scheme pop up all the time and I've tried a hundred fixes. Only way I'm aware of that always works is running windows with aero off, which is bullshit as I've got eight gigs of RAM.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Ya, I have 4 gigs. But it's not like the game is laggy or anything.

Until the color scheme pop up appears that is.

Honk on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote: »
    This patch brought to you by Saran Wrap?

Am I missing something that is hilarious only to Americans?

PVC is used in a lot more than plastic wrap. That being said, I have not idea what it's referencing.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    The suppression effect causes your screen to appear as though looking through saran wrap.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Suppression is not even that bad.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    If that's the intended meaning then saran wrap is the wrong word. Because that shit is perfectly clear to look through.

That's why you use it to cover toilets so that people don't see it and piss themselves.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I have had to switch up my game a bit, but I'm getting used to the changes.

Running a bi-pod on any LMG is great now. I had at least a squad-and-a-half of people suppressed last night with my M60 Extended Mag. Gave enough cover for the rest of my group to move forward, and picked up a few kills myself along with the suppression and assist points.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    If only the titles to this thread kept getting less shittier.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I
    Love
    Attack Helicopters

Fucking hell, I've gotten 3 upgrades in the last 2 days because for some reason I can't go wrong. Like, I managed to kill 2 tanks, 3 people AND land the fucking thing at ~25% hp to repair, all in one go. Then I went right back to killing things like an unstoppable god.

Did they do something to ALL heli's? I know they buffed the yaw of the...russian? AHeli, but before, I'd get taken out pretty easily.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Rockets are batshit insane now. Tanks melt, which is why jets and helos are such a pain in the ass now.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    running over koga will never get old

:-P you're just lucky I didn't have a rocket also it was late and I didn't have the volume up. (I probably have some more excuses too but ehh.)

Regarding the suppression:

I don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone says. I definitely had some frustrating moments for the first day or so. But had a great time yesterday and was doing very well mostly. One thing I've noticed is if you are caught being suppressed out in the open there is definitely a greater chance you will die, however switching to a pistol is probably your best bet in those moments as it doesn't seem to have the bullet deviation during suppression. (course the time it takes to switch will likely get you killed anyways). I think the biggest issue right now is how long you stay suppressed after someone shoots at you.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    If that's the intended meaning then saran wrap is the wrong word. Because that shit is perfectly clear to look through.

That's why you use it to cover toilets so that people don't see it and piss themselves.

This...this is just wrong! D:

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    But it's so right.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    They may be killers with them rockets but Soflams/Javs still mess up choppers and jets.

Team "kali/mojo" keeping the skies clear during lopsided loses since 2012.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    I've been trying for a week to unlock the javelin. I just don't get any points as engineer.

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    get in a tank with a repair tool as the machine gunner. when the tank takes damage get out and start repairing.

• Options
    You get less points repairing than you did prepatch, since it repairs slower. Also, tanks are made of cheese now, so good luck keeping one alive.

Your best bet is mines and killing a shitload of people while capping points.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SMAW and shotguns in CQ are fun.

• Options
    Haven't verified this myself but you can bind the bipod to a separate button now:

http://i.imgur.com/HT52u.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Shotguns are just the bee's knees. I thought the patch was going to gut them due to the damage potential of all the non-slugs going considerably down, but in all honesty it made them much more viable at ranges past 10 meters. The change to ADS tightening the spread, the flechettes having a tighter spread than buck, and the max damage being extended made them quite usable.

Kogareru wrote: »
    Haven't verified this myself but you can bind the bipod to a separate button now:

http://i.imgur.com/HT52u.png

It's straight-up in the options menu, yes.

And hey, I'm on for games.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    New thread title suggestion: Help! Help! I'm being suppressed!

• Options

BF3: man this is suppressing

Shia: have you been using it on a different key? i'm not sure whether or not I would like that. (RMB seems to work well enough) also still at work. I'll be on in around an hour.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kogareru wrote: »

BF3: man this is suppressing

Shia: have you been using it on a different key? i'm not sure whether or not I would like that. (RMB seems to work well enough) also still at work. I'll be on in around an hour.

Never had a problem using it along with the standard ADS on the right mouse button, so no. It's easy enough to move as your ADS to prevent it from setting up if you get used to it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Still no resolution as to why this patch has quadrupled / quintupled my ping on every server. I am average 200-250 ping on every server and it takes 3-4 seconds for a kill to show up after I shoot. Time for a reinstall!

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    MOJO GET BACK ON WHAT THE FUCK.

u4OkoEI.png