Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I've been buying spectre packs pretty much since release and have had my weapon mods maxed for some time

whereas folks who are buying a lot of recruit/veteran packs still have some gaps to fill in

are recruit/veteran packs guaranteed to have weapon mods because I remember most spectre packs did

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Two more noble Krogan needed for a all Krogan beatdown on Origin! Come on!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Pony I just saw your new av thanks to mobile view

Noice

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Noice

it's a secret

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Two more noble Krogan needed for a all Krogan beatdown on Origin! Come on!

omw

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am ready, damn your eyes!

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Noice

I saw it through keen familiarity with the source material.

Classy for a jailed poster, all I can say.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Noice

Thought of a better frame he could've used but still appropriate

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Noice

Ha ha ha, that is delicious.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    RE: That interview (ending stuff)
    There were dots to connect to Joker's sister being dead? Last I remember he was hopeful because she was a teenager and the survivors from Tiptree didn't include adults

Psst: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22440409#Comment_22440409

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We need another Krogan

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I just spent half an hour in three different lobbies waiting for one guy to hit ready. How are there so many people just walking away from the game while they're in a lobby

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I just spent half an hour in three different lobbies waiting for one guy to hit ready. How are there so many people just walking away from the game while they're in a lobby

yeah when I join a room the people have a minute tops to hit ready before I quit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    basically

you ever do a group assignment in school

remember how it seemed easy at first but then everyone else is useless or makes mistakes and you have to cut back on expectations

sometimes a few people end up carrying the project as a whole

this is game development

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    There were dots to connect to Joker's sister being dead? Last I remember he was hopeful because she was a teenager and the survivors from Tiptree didn't include adults

ambient dialogue spoiler
    the PTSD asari in the hospital killed his sister

the asari only names her once or twice and it may have been deep in the conversation line but i dont remember
    Oh fuck.

I went all the way through that ambient dialogue because a friend pointed out how good it was, but I had long forgotten the details of the farm girl.

Goddamn.
    She also almost definitely killed his dad. Everyone but Gunny at the farm was indoctrinated, and she ripped them to shreds with her biotics.

Man, for the only guy guaranteed to live through the series, Joker really goes through the ringer.

La la la la, not listening.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    basically

you ever do a group assignment in school

remember how it seemed easy at first but then everyone else is useless or makes mistakes and you have to cut back on expectations

sometimes a few people end up carrying the project as a whole

this is life as a whole

• Options

ambient dialogue spoiler

the asari only names her once or twice and it may have been deep in the conversation line but i dont remember
    Oh fuck.

I went all the way through that ambient dialogue because a friend pointed out how good it was, but I had long forgotten the details of the farm girl.

Goddamn.
    She also almost definitely killed his dad. Everyone but Gunny at the farm was indoctrinated, and she ripped them to shreds with her biotics.

Man, for the only guy guaranteed to live through the series, Joker really goes through the ringer.

and possibly the worst part (ambient dialogue)
    if shepard hears the ptsd dialogue after joker talks about his sister and family

there is no way for shepard to tell joker his family is dead

it's just bottled up inside

eating at you

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    Ending
    God damn Marauder Shields is a dick on Insanity. Must've spent 30 minutes trying to line up headshots so I could get my Insanity achievement.

Rest of the game is pretty good at that level of difficulty, though.

Also I must've run into a bug or something on that last scene, since Javik stepped out of the Normandy and I'd only used him like once. Isn't it supposed to be Joker+LI+most used character(+EDI when green)?

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

ambient dialogue spoiler

Oh fuck.

Goddamn.

if shepard hears the ptsd dialogue after joker talks about his sister and family

eating at you
    Changes the feel of authorizing the pistol.

Without making the connection, it can be an accident. Figuring it will make her feel safe or something.

With?

It's a message.

"You know what you did. You know what you have to do."

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular

ambient dialogue spoiler

Oh fuck.

Goddamn.

eating at you
    Changes the feel of authorizing the pistol.

Without making the connection, it can be an accident. Figuring it will make her feel safe or something.

With?

It's a message.

"You know what you did. You know what you have to do."
    God damn I must have totally missed that conversation. I saw the gun request pop up and being a second amendment / gun enthusiast was all "sure, knock yourself out!"

... well shit. Well done Taky, well done.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    apparently I had notifications all turned off in Origina..

put me in your Origina - [walk2k]
    invite me in
    oh yeah, that feels nice

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'd like to apologize to everyone I just played with
    I'm going to begin assuming that I was the one responsible for our failure

This message will appear after every multiplayer session

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    So I've been pretty much buying only Spectre packs since the beginning, but I was thinking about it and think I've been making a mistake and should be going for Recruit packs instead. The big reason being weapon mods - almost every recruit pack has one, they're all Common. While Spectre packs...also have just one. So I could get 1 from Spectre or 12 from Recruit. You also get a ton more expendables that way.

I mean, at some point I'll have to go back to level up my rare weapons, but I think I'm just getting tired of saving up for some shitty 'rare' shotgun or 100k XP for a class I already have at 20. Anyone else been buying cheap?

not all weapon mods are common

but you should still do this because for the cost of one spectre pack you can probably upgrade every one of the five basic weapons and get them out of the hat

and then when you're done you'll have a big pile of equipment and consumables

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    So I've been pretty much buying only Spectre packs since the beginning, but I was thinking about it and think I've been making a mistake and should be going for Recruit packs instead. The big reason being weapon mods - almost every recruit pack has one, they're all Common. While Spectre packs...also have just one. So I could get 1 from Spectre or 12 from Recruit. You also get a ton more expendables that way.

I mean, at some point I'll have to go back to level up my rare weapons, but I think I'm just getting tired of saving up for some shitty 'rare' shotgun or 100k XP for a class I already have at 20. Anyone else been buying cheap?

not all weapon mods are common

but you should still do this because for the cost of one spectre pack you can probably upgrade every one of the five basic weapons and get them out of the hat

and then when you're done you'll have a big pile of equipment and consumables

this is probably the most useful part, consistently buying anything higher than vet packs means you'll be starved for medigel and ops survival kits super quickly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I bought sixty grand worth of recruit packs for this exact reason

and I still haven't used all the equipment I got

and I doubt I'll ever run out of thermal clip packs

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Okay I am terrible at this game but I'd like to join in on some Silver or Gold Origin shenanigans. Who doesn't mind me dragging them down?

My name on Origin is terrendos. Also I sadly don't have any Krogan unlocked; in fact, those and Salarian Infiltrator are the only three I'm still missing.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I wish there was like

ultra-rare permanent equipment
    make it the equivalent of level 2 instead of level 3 or something so consumable equipment still has a point
    but the consumable nature of equipment means I am always loathe to use it even when sitting on huge piles of it

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Aegof wrote: »
    Ending
    God damn Marauder Shields is a dick on Insanity. Must've spent 30 minutes trying to line up headshots so I could get my Insanity achievement.

Rest of the game is pretty good at that level of difficulty, though.

Also I must've run into a bug or something on that last scene, since Javik stepped out of the Normandy and I'd only used him like once. Isn't it supposed to be Joker+LI+most used character(+EDI when green)?
    idk - I got Javik too and I def didn't use him as much as Garrus

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Okay I am terrible at this game but I'd like to join in on some Silver or Gold Origin shenanigans. Who doesn't mind me dragging them down?

My name on Origin is terrendos. Also I sadly don't have any Krogan unlocked; in fact, those and Salarian Infiltrator are the only three I'm still missing.

I'll start up a round. Anyone who wants in, get in while the getting's good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Yea, I've got a ton of most things but medigel are like gold. I only ever use them if it will absolutely make the difference between winning or losing a match...or if I got killed in some really embarrassing way and I don't want to make someone come across the map to pick me up.

• Options
    Uh okay question on Priority: Horizon
    What the fuck, Miranda?
    I even warned her about Kai Leng; doesn't that mean she should survive?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    the worst is using ammo bonuses. Like at least if I'm pubbing it and I realize my team is terrible and we're never going to last, at least I won't bother to use my health kits or anything like that, but ammo is consumed no matter how long the match lasts. And you can go through several packs without ever getting the ammo bonus you want, so I just end up never using it unless I'm going into a gold match

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I'm down to 8 rockets...

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What the fuck, Miranda?
    Did you give her Alliance resources? Not break up with her?

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    Aegof wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What the fuck, Miranda?
    Did you give her Alliance resources? Not break up with her?

Oh....
    I broke up with her
    I guess... I guess that did it

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    when you break up with a woman she literally dies

this is an important thing you must learn about relationships

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Also how is the Marauder Shields comic as good as it is

It has no fucking right to be

• Options
    Miranda
    Considering how difficult it is to get her killed in ME2, it's pretty easy in 3. I'm gonna assume it's intentional.

I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    when you break up with a woman she literally dies

this is an important thing you must learn about relationships
    Only Miranda, because she sucks.

Everyone else can deal, because they're troopers.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I broke up with Miranda and nothing came of it.

This discussion has been closed.