As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    when you break up with a woman she literally dies

this is an important thing you must learn about relationships
    Only Miranda, because she sucks.

Everyone else can deal, because they're troopers.

This is the real truth.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    priority: horizon
    miranda's death was for me pretty morbidly hilarious

she sends me an email all "we should meet up next time you're on the citadel!"
    I say okay this is a thing I am interested in doing
    I forget

a few missions later, she sends me another
    "we missed each other last time but I'll be on the citadel again, we should talk"
    and I say okay I am going to actually meet her this time
    whoops, forget again

see her on horizon
    I imagine shepard waving eagerly all "hey miranda!!"

then she dies

possibly because I kept forgetting about her

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    man this multiplayer makes me slightly regret the PS3 thing
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to play MP on PSN today @Kochikens me thanksthanks

i am multiplayering now @Kochikens

my PSN is Hoofbeat

@horseshoe you still on??

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hey, PC peeps.

My friend and I are gonna do some multi. Feel free to join us.

My Origin is StiltsTheGM if you don't have it yet.

Though you probably do, 'cuz holy damn I have a big friends list.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Being a renegade is hard you guys.

I'm still working on ME2 and I'm doing the loyalty missions.

In Jack's loyalty mission I stopped her from shooting Aresh.

So I said I need to step it up a bit with this renegade thing and just did Garrus's.

Despite everything and having already played it through in my paragon run back when ME2 came out (thus knowing how it turned out)... I just clicked the options and let him go through with it.

I felt dirty afterward.

So basically I am the Worst. Renegade. Ever.

And having already beaten ME3 boy howdy that certainly lends a new perspective on Mordin's loyalty mission. I think I'm saving that one for last.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So has the trailer shown at the BioWare panel been discussed yet?

(Also, 80 pages late, but sorry about my break down in the last thread. <3 you guys.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Being a renegade is hard you guys.

I'm still working on ME2 and I'm doing the loyalty missions.

In Jack's loyalty mission I stopped her from shooting Aresh.

So I said I need to step it up a bit with this renegade thing and just did Garrus's.

Despite everything and having already played it through in my paragon run back when ME2 came out (thus knowing how it turned out)... I just clicked the options and let him go through with it.

I felt dirty afterward.

And having already beaten ME3 boy howdy that certainly lends a new perspective on Mordin's loyalty mission. I think I'm saving that one for last.

Yeah, I know how that is.

[shameless plug]I was once like you.[/shameless plug]

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular

my PSN is Hoofbeat

i am!

i will be available in a few minutes

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    RE: That interview (ending stuff)
    There were dots to connect to Joker's sister being dead? Last I remember he was hopeful because she was a teenager and the survivors from Tiptree didn't include adults

ambient dialogue spoiler
    the PTSD asari in the hospital killed his sister

the asari only names her once or twice and it may have been deep in the conversation line but i dont remember
    Oh fuck.

I went all the way through that ambient dialogue because a friend pointed out how good it was, but I had long forgotten the details of the farm girl.

Goddamn.
    She also almost definitely killed his dad. Everyone but Gunny at the farm was indoctrinated, and she ripped them to shreds with her biotics.

Man, for the only guy guaranteed to live through the series, Joker really goes through the ringer.

La la la la, not listening.

PTSD Asari fairly major minor spoilers
    yeah

I caught Joker's side of the story before the Asari's

so I knew as soon as I heard Tiptree it was going to be bad

but I didn't think it would be

that bad

and then I checked into the Specter office and was like what the fuck, game?!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    By the way, things learned during the BioWare panel...

(Several critical spoilers.)
    5/1000 people killed Wrex in ME1.

5/1000 people killed Mordin.

Damn near everybody saved both the geth and quarians.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

(Also, 80 pages late, but sorry about my break down in the last thread. <3 you guys.)

yeah they released it online at the same time, so we ended up seeing the trailer before we saw anything about it showing up in the panel

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I felt dirty afterward.

that feeling never really goes away

but you can take some small solace in the knowledge that your conscience has been sacrificed for the greater good

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    There were dots to connect to Joker's sister being dead? Last I remember he was hopeful because she was a teenager and the survivors from Tiptree didn't include adults

ambient dialogue spoiler

the asari only names her once or twice and it may have been deep in the conversation line but i dont remember
    Oh fuck.

I went all the way through that ambient dialogue because a friend pointed out how good it was, but I had long forgotten the details of the farm girl.

Goddamn.
    She also almost definitely killed his dad. Everyone but Gunny at the farm was indoctrinated, and she ripped them to shreds with her biotics.

Man, for the only guy guaranteed to live through the series, Joker really goes through the ringer.

yeah

that bad

According to one of the BioWare writers...
    They wanted to include an option for the people who wanted to "punish" her for killing Joker's sister.

They also claimed these people were may have been jerks.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I felt dirty afterward.

but you can take some small solace in the knowledge that your conscience has been sacrificed for the greater good

actually no doing garrus's loyalty mission the renegade way doesn't really serve any greater good, you are literally a dracula

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Even I don't let Garrus kill Sidonis.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

The new multi stuff?

Yes. We're really excited. Also, there's been more talk of what's going down with the modified ending on Weeke's twitter and in the ether of forum chatter. It's looking better already.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    always let garrus kill sidonis

that dude is a pathetic sad sack

• Options
    Kana wrote: »

yeah they released it online at the same time, so we ended up seeing the trailer before we saw anything about it showing up in the panel

I cheered for Batarian Engineer.

I screamed for Geth Infiltrator.

I shit my pants at Krogan Vanguard.

I exploded at the mention of "free content."

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I ain't got time to hold garrus' hand. Shoot the guy and lets move on.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    4 brogan vanguard is going to be so fun

• Options
    By the way, things learned during the BioWare panel...

(Several critical spoilers.)
    5/1000 people killed Wrex in ME1.

5/1000 people killed Mordin.

Damn near everybody saved both the geth and quarians.

no statistic shall dampen my conviction

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    always let garrus kill sidonis

that dude is a pathetic sad sack

even by this reasoning, it's only been like 2 weeks since it happened

dude can get some therapy and get over it if you don't murder him just because your bro wants to

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    rannoch
    I feel like peace should have been a much more difficult thing to pull off

like, to the extent that the vast majority of players would be locked out of it on their first playthrough

• Options
    rannoch
    I feel like peace should have been a much more difficult thing to pull off

like, to the extent that the vast majority of players would be locked out of it on their first playthrough

I feel this way about basically every choice

punish me, Bioware

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    garrus' loyalty mission is sort of a wash for me

on one hand there isn't all that much to be gained by killing him

but on the other hand you mow down entire armies every day, just because sidonis has a sob story doesn't really elevate him in my eyes

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I felt dirty afterward.

I think one reason the renegade path is so totally terrible is

(ending)
    You never get to see that the vicious decisions you had to make as a renegade ended up helping the cause at all. If anything it tends to make things worse. And with the ending so vague and the same basically no matter what you do, it just ends up feeling like cruelty to no purpose, instead of being the guy that had to make the hard decisions.
    Your paragon choices might make shit bad in the future, but that's all speculation on the part of the player.
    Whereas you see every damn consequence of going renegade.

Which sort of makes sense thematically, since 3 is all about friendship, trust, and cooperation, but as far as gameplay goes it does just end up seeming like the bad route.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Seriously wrote: »

ambient dialogue spoiler

Oh fuck.

Goddamn.

yeah

that bad

According to one of the BioWare writers...
    They wanted to include an option for the people who wanted to "punish" her for killing Joker's sister.

They also claimed these people were may have been jerks.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22440436#Comment_22440436

• Options
    I felt dirty afterward.

(ending)
    You never get to see that the vicious decisions you had to make as a renegade ended up helping the cause at all. If anything it tends to make things worse. And with the ending so vague and the same basically no matter what you do, it just ends up feeling like cruelty to no purpose, instead of being the guy that had to make the hard decisions.
    Your paragon choices might make shit bad in the future, but that's all speculation on the part of the player.

Which sort of makes sense thematically, since 3 is all about friendship, trust, and cooperation, but as far as gameplay goes it does just end up seeming like the bad route.

tuchanka
    at least in the case of the genophage, the only way to get maximum war assets is to go hardline renegade in all three games. Without Wrex and Eve around the krogan fall for your trick and support you, and the salarians also pitch in full support. And as a bonus you don't have to kill Mordin.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I'm doing a kind of renegade run now. And I forgot how when you get enough Renegade points your shepard starts to look like Evilguy McScars

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options

my PSN is Hoofbeat

i am!

i will be available in a few minutes

I got 2 friends with me, we'll send an invitewhen we're donethis match

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I felt dirty afterward.

(ending)

tuchanka
    at least in the case of the genophage, the only way to get maximum war assets is to go hardline renegade in all three games. Without Wrex and Eve around the krogan fall for your trick and support you, and the salarians also pitch in full support. And as a bonus you don't have to kill Mordin.
    AND the renegade option makes Rannoch much easier to settle.

Kill the heretics, less Quarians died so far and peace is easier. Let them live, and missing any other points for peace will ensure a bloodbath.

Renegade sometimes pays off in this one without making you feel like shit.

• Options
    I felt dirty afterward.

actually no doing garrus's loyalty mission the renegade way doesn't really serve any greater good, you are literally a dracula

I know right?

Though in some ways I think doing Jack's mission renegade is worse since (as paragon Shep points out) Aresh likely can't do anything and is harmless. Sidonis is, at least, guilty.
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yeah, I know how that is.

[shameless plug]I was once like you.[/shameless plug]

I actually read that last week as I was resuming my renegade run. I definitely know what you're getting at.

What I'm finding as I do this run is that to make up for things that I think are horrible I go around and do the renengade options for the sidequests. I call it, "well, I stopped Jack from murdering that guy, time to go kick some puppies".

• Options
    I could've sworn that on my renegade shep I saved the queen and told mordin to work on the genophage cure because hell yes I wanted an army of bugs and dinosaurs

but evidently I killed the queen and destroyed the cure

whoooooooooops

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    I'm doing a kind of renegade run now. And I forgot how when you get enough Renegade points your shepard starts to look like Evilguy McScars

I actually figured it was more evil to get them fixed up, so I did that as soon as they started showing (which was after I used the intimidate options during Tali's loyalty mission).

Actually Tali's loyalty mission is about the same either way as long as you don't actually present the evidence. Watching Shep bullshit in front of the admirals is hilarious either way.

Edit: The Charm option is "I don't need evidence" and I just always hear that in my head as "Evidence? Where we're going we don't need evidence."

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I let Sidonis die. It's not something I had a hard time deciding. Dude was a traitorous wretch, and this it's not my call to spare him or not.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    jeez
    everyone's always on my case for my decisions and nobody bats an eye at this "yeah I let garrus kill sidonis for wasting my time" talk

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    @hoofbeat accept a friendrequest from mybro shes adding you ad hosting

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Killing people is bad, and if there's a situation where I can stop it, it's not gunna happen. All there is to it.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    jeez
    everyone's always on my case for my decisions and nobody bats an eye at this "yeah I let garrus kill sidonis for wasting my time" talk

There are levels of evil.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I just don't buy into the "eye for an eye" philosophy I guess. In my paragon run it sort of felt like the last chance to get Garrus to see that as well. (Which, as I recall, is something you work on in ME1.)

This discussion has been closed.