Options

I have a horrible confession to make...

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Confession

I don't think people actually like me, more that they put up with me.

yep

fortunately for you guys I don't put up with people I don't like!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

I'll get invited to things and then not go because I assume it was a pity invite

And then they stop inviting you because you never show up, which you just use to confirm that they never liked you in the first place? Yeah that sounds familiar.

Yes exactly

Or they keep inviting my husband because he goes to more stuff, and I assume all invites are for him exclusively

He is more extroverted than I am by far

My wife does this when I get invited places too. In reality every time she doesn't come with me all my friends ask where she is.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Confession: I enjoy courtship more than actual relationships and am constantly terrified of becoming bored with the lady I'm with (it has happened in the past)

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Larlar wrote: »
    Confession: I talk about my writing insecurities too much, which is deeply annoying, but I can't seem to stop myself

You and me both. I also can't seem to motivate myself to write, either...which certainly conflicts with my dream of becoming a successful author.

I don't even really dream about that anymore

Now I just write things and sigh when no one reads them, and gripe about how crappy writers have multiple published books and I'm a worthless wannabe

The only reason I'm getting my Masters is because I'm not enough of an idealist to think that I'll be able to support myself by writing fiction.

The problem we face is that writing is more politics than product. You have to sell yourself more than your work, something I'm admittedly terrible at. You also just need one really marketable idea for a series, and then it doesn't seem to matter how poorly executed it is.
    it's true, but it makes sense from the money people's perspective, whose job is making money rather than learning to write/tell what is good writing

Oh, I definitely understand why it is the way it is. I just hate it.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Quoth, I know that feeling, it's one of the reasons why I pulled out of Authonomy

It was a horrible, horrible situation for an editor to be in. If I'm in a circle jerk I at least want it to be properly reciprocated!

It's why this is basically the only forum where I still seek legit critiques, because just about every other place is terrible

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

I'll get invited to things and then not go because I assume it was a pity invite

And then they stop inviting you because you never show up, which you just use to confirm that they never liked you in the first place? Yeah that sounds familiar.

Yes exactly

Or they keep inviting my husband because he goes to more stuff, and I assume all invites are for him exclusively

My wife does this when I get invited places too. In reality every time she doesn't come with me all my friends ask where she is.

My husband tells me this as well

Thankfully now I just use my baby as a social shield

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Quoth, I know that feeling, it's one of the reasons why I pulled out of Authonomy

It was a horrible, horrible situation for an editor to be in. If I'm in a circle jerk I at least want it to be properly reciprocated!

It's why this is basically the only forum where I still seek legit critiques, because just about every other place is terrible

I used to seek critiques from WB

Then some dude who was mad cuz no one commented on his mediocre poem said that I only got responses because I'm a chick, resulting in the best WB infraction of all time.

P. S. @Edcrab

Sheri on
  • Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered User regular
    I habitually lurk the YouTube thread and the occasional interesting thread that pops up. Which is funny because I definitely don't have a history as a lurker.

It just sorta happens.

So I'll try and stop the lurking by writing up post that never get posted.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Dee Kae wrote: »
    Buttlord, you are probably a fashionable person, and a saint too.

Now tell me how horrible talking during movies is because not a single post commented on that and that's made me all the more social inept then ever.

F that.

I talk in movies all the time.

These things aren't shown in fucking monasteries.

God yes, now the healing can begin.

@Buttlord Well, shop on threadless and wear tight jeans. Solves problems half the time.

excuse me no fuck you

i said my wardrobe was band tees

not that i'm some stupid jackass teenager

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I am no good at fixing problems with my life

I can see them and understand what some solutions might be but I almost never actually do anything about it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

Yes exactly

yeah

I'm constantly not invited to things, now

either I'm a low mental priority, or my company is not wanted

If this is directed at us, it's just because we don't have much contact

I text Malachi bunches, but I rarely talk to you

You're just as welcome to come over as he is, honestly

• Options
    Confession: I talk about my writing insecurities too much, which is deeply annoying, but I can't seem to stop myself

You and me both. I also can't seem to motivate myself to write, either...which certainly conflicts with my dream of becoming a successful author.

Now I just write things and sigh when no one reads them, and gripe about how crappy writers have multiple published books and I'm a worthless wannabe

The only reason I'm getting my Masters is because I'm not enough of an idealist to think that I'll be able to support myself by writing fiction.

The problem we face is that writing is more politics than product. You have to sell yourself more than your work, something I'm admittedly terrible at. You also just need one really marketable idea for a series, and then it doesn't seem to matter how poorly executed it is.

The whole reciprocity thing is my current bane

People expect you to comment on their work if they comment on yours, and sometimes their work sucks so bad that I am at a loss, and I don't want to be a jerk and say something critical, so I say nothing and they get mad and never read my stuff again and UGH

I feel like I'm developing a terrible reputation, if any at all

IN SHORT I AM A CURMUDGEON HELP

Quoth, do you want to start co-motivating each other? I am the most excellent person you will ever meet at being able to accept criticism and, since I haven't written near anything in the last couple of years, I'm sure my first stuff might very well be...ungood.

Provided that you are actually willing to speak your mind.

Yes, I used a word that isn't a word on purpose. I'm that supergood.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

I used to seek critiques from WB

Then some dude who was mad cuz no one commented on his mediocre poem said that I only got responses because I'm a chick, resulting in the best WB infraction of all time.

P. S. @Edcrab

I can say without hyperbole that that statement is absolutely true

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I sometimes loathe the fact that I'm such a homebody but when my free time comes around I usually think to myself "Yeah staying home sounds awesome"

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    Confession

yep

Me too

Yes exactly

yeah

I'm constantly not invited to things, now

either I'm a low mental priority, or my company is not wanted

If this is directed at us, it's just because we don't have much contact

I text Malachi bunches, but I rarely talk to you

You're just as welcome to come over as he is, honestly

@Dubh sometimes I don't invite ya because I get the sense you're really stressed/have too much work to do

Honestly feel free to come over when ya want

• Options
    That's our Edcrab.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options

The whole reciprocity thing is my current bane

People expect you to comment on their work if they comment on yours, and sometimes their work sucks so bad that I am at a loss, and I don't want to be a jerk and say something critical, so I say nothing and they get mad and never read my stuff again and UGH

I feel like I'm developing a terrible reputation, if any at all

IN SHORT I AM A CURMUDGEON HELP

Quoth, do you want to start co-motivating each other? I am the most excellent person you will ever meet at being able to accept criticism and, since I haven't written near anything in the last couple of years, I'm sure my first stuff might very well be...ungood.

Yes let us do this thing, COME AT ME BRO

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I confess: I read every relationship thread I find in H/A. I do not read them to help, and I never post in them, I just enjoy schadenfreude.

I also really love the word schadenfreude.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm worried that I'm never going to experience anything cool because I'm too afraid to move out of my comfort zone.

I might end up not doing the Canada thing cause of it.

no, you fucking do it.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I've forced myself out of my comfort zone by enlisting in the air force.

It was extremely refreshing and mind clearing.

• Options

Maybe you should do it somewhere nice and public, like a certain subforum, so I can JUDGE YOU ALL, WITH MY JUDGMENTAL EYEBALLS

DOES JUDGMENTAL HAVE ONLY ONE E IN IT I CAN'T REMEMBER

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    I confess: I read every relationship thread I find in H/A. I do not read them to help, and I never post in them, I just enjoy schadenfreude.

it's like straight a students getting bs

or exes getting stds

• Options
    I confess that I just found this and it made me smile too much
    u97BP.jpg

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Maybe you should do it somewhere nice and public, like a certain subforum, so I can JUDGE YOU ALL, WITH MY JUDGMENTAL EYEBALLS

DOES JUDGMENTAL HAVE ONLY ONE E IN IT I CAN'T REMEMBER

I think both spellings are technically acceptable

We can do it wherever

Anytime

Anywhere

:winky:

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular

Me too :oops:

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    All you budding artists, musicians, writers, especially writers. I want to support you and I do mentally; I wish for you to succeed. However I have little patience for reviewing "the arts" as it were. I just want to listen to or read something and have it be good. So I never end up reading, commenting, or critiquing ever. I feel like I've failed you because I want to help, and yet the biggest thing I can do to help, I don't do.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

or exes getting stds

Or watching a frat boy realize just what he put his dick in.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Yeah, schadenfreude is an awesome word.

• Options

or exes getting stds

being on an elevator when somebody shouts "hold the door"

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    All you budding artists, musicians, writers, especially writers. I want to support you and I do mentally; I wish for you to succeed. However I have little patience for reviewing "the arts" as it were. I just want to listen to or read something and have it be good. So I never end up reading, commenting, or critiquing ever. I feel like I've failed you because I want to help, and yet the biggest thing I can do to help, I don't do.

That's like... everyone, though

You shouldn't feel bad about that

We all just want to read/view/hear good stuff

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Confession

When I post photos, whether it's here or on Facebook or my blog or whatever, if I don't get any sort of response I get really disappointed

But like

Feedback shouldn't be the reason I'm sharing this photo

BUT I WANTS IT

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Confession: I want to hang out with more of the people that seem to be from San Antonio that post here.

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »

That's like... everyone, though

You shouldn't feel bad about that

We all just want to read/view/hear good stuff

why everyone should just listen to my music, objectively the best Art ever

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    I always hoped of writing a book and simply publishing it online with a donation button if anyone wanted to throw money for the work that was done. In practice however this is a rather difficult goal and I have a great amount of respect for people who can make literary works that don't end up making me feel like I'm chewing chalk.

It's like having awesome ideas isn't the difficult part. It's making those ideas belong in a format that's 200-400 pages that's the trick.

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Confession

When I post photos, whether it's here or on Facebook or my blog or whatever, if I don't get any sort of response I get really disappointed

But like

Feedback shouldn't be the reason I'm sharing this photo

BUT I WANTS IT

I never know what to do on Facebook

I know dozens of artists and writers but I've never been quite sure if constant likes get right up their noses

"Dammit Ed you like everything! Stop it!"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I'm 28 this year and I've never been in a relationship with someone

I'm afraid that if I don't fix that soon, I never will

• Options
    Janson wrote: »

This is nothing to be ashamed about. Schadenfreude is what separates us from the animals.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options

or exes getting stds

being on an elevator when somebody shouts "hold the door"

Fuck you lady that's what stairs are for

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Dongs' Porn Confessions, Part the Second, in this the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twelve:

Also there's gotta be some kind of interplay between the characters beyond just them fucking

some kind of joke or banter is nice

need a humanizing element to my porn

• Options
    Dongs' Porn Confessions, Part the Second, in this the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twelve:

Also there's gotta be some kind of interplay between the characters beyond just them fucking

some kind of joke or banter is nice

need a humanizing element to my porn

nahhhhh