Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    6-32, past 20 minutes. y no surrender?

"Winners Never Quit."

"Quitters Never Win."

"Those Who Never Win and Never Quit Are Retards."

- Murphy

• Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    AP Kog'maw is just disgusting. I was the one playing him and I felt dirty.

Would your believe me if I told you this is the nerfed version of AP Kog? They got upset he was only played as AP mid about a month after release and nerfed his AP ratio on R while adding AD scaling. They've also nerfed W's damage when they improved the uptime, Q's range, and indirectly nerfed him when they nerfed blue buff.

Shaco used to be way more bullshit back then too so it was pretty balanced. This is before any of the hard counters like Nocturn were added to the league.

0liDg.png
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »

"Winners Never Quit."

"Quitters Never Win."

- Murphy
    Next game should be interesting
    Mundo vs Noct jungle
    Lee Sin vs Yorik top
    Ryze mid vs Karthus
    Graves/Ali vs Janna/Urgot bot

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not convinced that Lulu is better than, say, Janna at support, and I'm fine with top lane Lulu being strong in lane so long as she falls off later.

To be fair to Lulu, who is better than Janna at support?

On a related note, the "nerf" to Janna's ult's pushback has had the presumably unintended side effect of making dumb uses of it less dumb.

It also means I can't unintentionally throw people over walls with it. I'm not really sure those were nerfs at all after playing her yesterday.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    So, won a ranked with Warwick. Nothing is better than surprise flashing someone at their inner turret and ulting the carry, then destroying everything around me in the confusion left by a dead Ashe corpse. I swear, firefang Warwick you just simply CANNOT lose. It's a proven scientific FACT.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    why am I not surprised I logged in to find another status message about a new bug

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »

"Winners Never Quit."

"Quitters Never Win."

- Murphy
    Mundo vs Noct jungle
    Lee Sin vs Yorik top
    Ryze mid vs Karthus

Yeah. Super interesting after that first ace. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    RazalgrimRazalgrim Registered User regular
    Excecutioner's Calling + Infinity Edge on Gangplank is just so tight.

It's like the perfect three-way.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular

"Winners Never Quit."

"Quitters Never Win."

- Murphy
    Mundo vs Noct jungle
    Lee Sin vs Yorik top
    Ryze mid vs Karthus

*nod * went downhill fast.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

"Winners Never Quit."

"Quitters Never Win."

- Murphy
    Mundo vs Noct jungle
    Lee Sin vs Yorik top
    Ryze mid vs Karthus

*nod * went downhill fast.

I mean, it really wasn't a surprise to me that Yorick stuck his shovel up Ree Sin's ass.
    I expected the Karthus v Ryze to kinda arrive at a standstill. Sure, you can Prison Karthus, but then you can't stand there to drop your combo, because Karthus will just shoot right back at you. And bottom...it was quite leaning towards Graves early when they got aggressive, and had Urgot under 1/4 health at that lvl 2 headbutt by Alistar. But then they started dropping the ball in coordination.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Anybody else notice that Varus is on the champion list? I didn't know if they put that in last patch or not

• Options
    ugh, I hate getting queued into a team with a premade because it raises the bar that much more and there's nothing you can do about it

it's really just not fun

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh, I hate getting queued into a team with a premade because it raises the bar that much more and there's nothing you can do about it

it's really just not fun

I never solo queue for normal draft, there's about a -5% chance of getting first pick, with a 5% margin of error. I just do ranked.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sometimes this game...

So i played as Ryze vs Lux and did O.K. in laning phase. In that we were about even on creeps by the end of it. Due to various issues of backing and ganks i did not get back at optimal times for purchases.

Even then sometime around 15 minutes i get told "your ryze build is bad, you should have sorc shoes, tear and glacial shroud"

I had, at the time , sorch shoes, tear, catalyst, and then 2 crystals to turn into GC... [but was going to get BV first because MR vs the lux who just ate other lanes [because they didn't ward] was getting really big.

So then at the end of the game. I get told by their Kog'Maw "you should have rushed Catalyst".

Catalyst was the first item i bought [besides boots 1]

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, on my EU-W account, I've been firmly stuck in with only smurfs. I can tell, because everyone tryhards (fine) and are assholes (not fine).

We won a 3v5 here. Morg permanently ragequit, and Mundo had either dc/ed or rage quit for a few before deciding he might as well come back if we wouldn't surrender. Poppy catches fizz out of position, 1v1 kills him, and then lures the enemies in with enemy WW blood scent on her. Yi gives chase, and I ult him, so he dies instantly, and then the rest of the time piles in and we win 3v3, esp. considering mundo ended up on me, and cho ended up on annie, and I can beat mundo, but annie cannot beat cho, so win/win for us.

I played well, but that has little to do with it. I deserve a Nobel peace prize for managing to keep that team from raging / surrendering any more than it did. I feel like there is a game design issue when your diplomatic skills are more important than your game skills, well, Diplomacy aside. Oh well.

6BvMK.jpg

programjunkie on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    So then at the end of the game. I get told by their Kog'Maw "you should have rushed Catalyst".

I always thought rushing implied skipping the shoes

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    i don't know how you people can survive soloqueue without muting or trolling

i had a jungler tell me once that he wouldnt gank my lane because my cs was bad

then i started taking his camps

• Options

it's really just not fun

I never solo queue for normal draft, there's about a -5% chance of getting first pick, with a 5% margin of error. I just do ranked.

Yet every time I try inviting you to a duo ranked, it's "I have to take this phone call. Sorry. Don't wait up." or, "I'm in the shower. Can't play now. Don't wait up." and even, "My grandma just died. bbl. Don't wait up."
    I'd swear you were trying to tell me something, but I think I just have bad timing.

• Options

it's really just not fun

Yet every time I try inviting you to a duo ranked, it's "I have to take this phone call. Sorry. Don't wait up." or, "I'm in the shower. Can't play now. Don't wait up." and even, "My grandma just died. bbl. Don't wait up."
    I'd swear you were trying to tell me something, but I think I just have bad timing.

Don't forget "Sorry, friend just invited me out to glue honey badgers to our crotches." or "I've been quantum leaped to a dimension where queuing with you would result in me killing myself."

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Well, hello, Dota 2 beta. I think I will be playing you until next patch. Then maybe the chat will be fixed.

• Options

it's really just not fun

Don't forget "Sorry, friend just invited me out to glue honey badgers to our crotches." or "I've been quantum leaped to a dimension where queuing with you would result in me killing myself."

that's less quantum leap, more sliders

also after some empirical testing I think kayle is still utterly useless as a support

she does everything and nothing well

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »

I always thought rushing implied skipping the shoes

Well, rushing is usually for big items so catalyst doesn't typically count. But it almost never implies you skip boots 1

Re: Kayle

Her healing is strong, on a relatively low cooldown with a long range and a movement boost. Her ult makes someone on your team invulnerable. Her ability to push people out of lane in the early levels is near unrivaled. She is a fine support, but works kinda like a kill lane. If you aren't aggressive immediately and early the other support will probably ruin you.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    also after some empirical testing I think kayle is still utterly useless as a support

Kayle's heal is actually really good now. The problem is that if you're leveling the heal, her harass sucks, and the utility of her ult is incredibly dependent on how smart your target is.

• Options
    edited April 2012

it's really just not fun

She's one a very small number of tops who can AD carry and win their lane against a decent number of standard tops. Her ult makes her super good at 1v1ing the enemy AD carry, her Q+W makes her almost Nunu-like in her ability to chase, and her E is super good at pushing and counter pushing.

http://www.twitch.tv/scarra/b/315402019

Skip to 3:17 (h:m) to see Kayle hard carry a game.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Just send Frosteey to jungle Kayle, win games

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    can attack speed be maxed out? I don't own any AS runes, and was thinkin' aboot buying some to putz around with.

• Options
    can attack speed be maxed out? I don't own any AS runes, and was thinkin' aboot buying some to putz around with.

2.5 attack speed is the cap, but it's pretty hard to get to unless you're running WW, Graves, or Trist.

AS is good from some junglers, and I've heard they're great on Kayle top.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    2.5 AS is the cap.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

2.5 attacks per second is capped attack speed.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

it's really just not fun

She's one a very small number of tops who can AD carry and win their lane against a decent number of standard tops. Her ult makes her super good at 1v1ing the enemy AD carry, her Q+W makes her almost Nunu-like in her ability to chase, and her E is super good at pushing and counter pushing.

I'm not saying she's bad in general, just marginal as a support right now.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular

2.5 attacks per second is capped attack speed.

Of which, I should note, nothing makes you feel like more a god damn beast than a 2.5 Attack Speed. Especially when all of them make 400 and 500 and higher numbers fly across your screen.

You're like. "Ya. That's Nice."

• Options
    edited April 2012

it's really just not fun

Oh, yeah. She has all of one support ability pre-six, and her level 6 ability isn't any more terribly useful for bottom lane than any of the normal supports.

I'd keep Kayle top or in the jungle.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

2.5 attack speed is the cap, but it's pretty hard to get to unless you're running WW, Graves, or Trist.

AS is good from some junglers, and I've heard they're great on Kayle top.
    Don't forget Fiora

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I like doing silly things.
    h8tYN.png

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i love the deathcap on support ashe

• Options
    edited April 2012
    That is indeed fantastic

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options

it's really just not fun

Oh, yeah. She has all of one support ability pre-six, and her level 6 ability isn't any more terribly useful for bottom lane than any of the normal supports.

Technically everything you just said applies to Janna too. :rotate:

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    i love the deathcap on support ashe
    Danbo wanted all of those arrows to REALLY COUNT.

Alternately, he wanted all of those arrows to be even more painful if they missed.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    2 PDs and zerkers gets you to attack speed cap on trist

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

it's really just not fun

Technically everything you just said applies to Janna too. :rotate:

Janna has a Slow, and Shield, and a Knock-up Pre 6. Every one of her abilities can be used to support. You also wouldn't want to send her Top really, however I do hear she is a mean jungler.

Kayle and Janna are about as apples and oranges and you can get really in terms of support.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.