As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2012 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    lavitzo wrote: »
    If I were to buy a registration code second hand, and have that changed to my email and have the passes set to my house could I get my registration code changed so that the person I buy it from cannot use one they may have printed off before I gained position of it?

Or am I stuck with the chance that they might use it?

There are no "approved" ways to buy a pass second hand. PAX does not provide a method to safely transfer a pass other than in-person at the "badge checking station" at pax (proving an in-hand pass is real-deal).

• Options
    lavitzolavitzo Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    If I were to buy a registration code second hand, and have that changed to my email and have the passes set to my house could I get my registration code changed so that the person I buy it from cannot use one they may have printed off before I gained position of it?

There are no "approved" ways to buy a pass second hand. PAX does not provide a method to safely transfer a pass other than in-person at the "badge checking station" at pax (proving an in-hand pass is real-deal).

Sorry, let me rephrase that, if i have a registration code and i get the passes from pax via mail, do the code and passes have to correspond with one-another or could someone use the registration code with any pass?

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Sorry, let me rephrase that, if i have a registration code and i get the passes from pax via mail, do the code and passes have to correspond with one-another or could someone use the registration code with any pass?

Once you have a pass in your hand, if it is a legit pass, the code is unnecessary.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The barcode is only needed if the mail eats your pass/are doing will call (the primary option for international folks). The badge is the only thing you need to get in.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    lavitzolavitzo Registered User new member
    Thanks!!

• Options
    SachiSachi Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if this was already answered, I tried using the search tool to see if anyone asked, but it didn't yield any results.
    I live in Canada and selected FEDEX shipping for the tickets.
    Will I be receiving them in the mail or having to pick them up in person?
    I was confused by how the site worded things.
    Am I receiving my tickets in them ail (I live in Canada)?

If I am NOT receiving the ticket in the mail, how do I pick it up and what are the times/date/location that they are available?

Thank you for your time;

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Sachi wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this was already answered, I tried using the search tool to see if anyone asked, but it didn't yield any results.
    I live in Canada and selected FEDEX shipping for the tickets.
    Will I be receiving them in the mail or having to pick them up in person?
    I was confused by how the site worded things.
    Am I receiving my tickets in them ail (I live in Canada)?

If I am NOT receiving the ticket in the mail, how do I pick it up and what are the times/date/location that they are available?

Thank you for your time;

The FedEx option is for Non-US residents. If you are a Non-US resident, selected the FedEx option, and paid for it, you will be receiving your PAX pass via FedEx at the address you specified.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    goldenfalcongoldenfalcon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I am sure I haven't, but I would really enjoy doing it this year as I live in Seattle and will likely be able to get all the time off work that I need to volunteer. But it's near mid June and the announcement (unless I read it wrong somewhere) usually comes out by now. Is there even going to be one this year?

I'm not being impatient, I will gladly wait for however long it will take. Just want to make sure I haven't missed it is all.

goldenfalcon on
  • Options
    I am sure I haven't, but I would really enjoy doing it this year as I live in Seattle and will likely be able to get all the time off work that I need to volunteer. But it's near mid June and the announcement (unless I read it wrong somewhere) usually comes out by now. Is there even going to be one this year?

I'm not being impatient, I will gladly wait for however long it will take. Just want to make sure I haven't missed it is all.

There has not yet been any announcement about Enforcer recruitment.

• Options
    mike923mike923 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I searched for this in the search bar, but I'm coming up empty. I'm just wondering if anyone has used this service before: http://www.kensbaggage.com/ It is a storage place in SeaTac. Since we will be arriving early on Thursday, and our room won't be ready until 4 p.m., I was thinking of just dropping our bags off here, going to explore Seattle for the day, then return later for our stuff and then head back to the hotel. Now, I would ask the hotel if they could hold our stuff, but...we are fitting a few more bodies in the room then they know about >_<. So although they may take my bags, I'd have quite a few others that they probably wouldn't.

Anyways, I just want to know if people have used it before and if they were trustworthy, any problems, etc.

mike923 on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    A much easier solution is to go directly to your hotel, ask if you can check in early and if not, they will store your bags for you at the hotel.

That way you don't have to either pay extra, or go back to seatac for them.

:)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    A much easier solution is to go directly to your hotel, ask if you can check in early and if not, they will store your bags for you at the hotel.

That way you don't have to either pay extra, or go back to seatac for them.

:)

I think he's concerned about the "extra bodies." Having said that, most hotels aren't going to bat and eye at 2 bags per "registered" person. Now if you bring 10 bags for a 2 person room you're likely in trouble, but if you are within the realm of reason, I doub they'll care (YMMV.)
    Also in the YMMV, last year the hyatt was so busy I doubt they even bothered to count our bags (FWIW, we dropped off at least 4 for the 2 of us that I can count, maybe more. And there were only 2 of us in the room.)

• Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    Yay! the new Pax site- updated for the 2012 is up! But sadly the schedule is not >.>

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Zoroark173 wrote: »
    Yay! the new Pax site- updated for the 2012 is up! But sadly the schedule is not >.>
    the schedule only ever updates 3ish weeks before pax. Maybe 4 or 5 at the earliest

zerzhul on
  • Options
    fieldjufieldju Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hello world,

Every year for the last three years I have done the Harry Potter Pub Crawl and yet this year the forums are dead when it comes to the crawl.
    Has it been canceled :(?

fieldju on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Atlus will get to it "soon". The pub crawl thread for last year went up on July 10, so be patient, it's coming.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys,

Doing a 2 week jaunt of North America that includes a PAX Prime stay. Are there companies that offer mobile internet in USA and Canada for travellers?

Will be cheaper than hotel internet!

MarkWebster on
  • Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    depending on what you need to do online, the hindered, yet still somewhat functional wifi at a hotel might be a much cheaper alternative (providing your hotel of choice offers free wifi)

i work at a hotel with only 151 rooms, and when we get large groups of people coming in all trying to connect their devices... you can imagine what happens...

Crogoth on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Clear is a decent mobile internet service, you can get it essentially anywhere you have a cell signal, but I don't remember if it still requires a contract or not.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Dr.BBSparklesDr.BBSparkles Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Last when I went to PAX I heard about the Triwizard Drinking Tournament but wasn't able to participate. I was wondering if it was happening this year? If so, where do I find the info to sign-up?

Dr.BBSparkles on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    It'll be happening... Unless Arson is changing the theme... But some drinking thing will be happening. Keep an eye on the forums.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Atlus will get to it "soon". The pub crawl thread for last year went up on July 10, so be patient, it's coming.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    parabola wrote: »
    It'll be happening... Unless Arson is changing the theme...

He better not. >.>

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Atlus, right... I guess i get those two confused.

• Options
    riffriff Registered User new member
    Does the WSCC offer a shuttle to the airport on the last day of PAX? Got stuck with paying for my hotel room myself, and considering leaving a day early to save a few bucks. If so, is there a fee? Also, is there a luggage holding area on the last day as well?

• Options
    The WSCC does not shuttle people to the airport. Your hotel should be able to hold your luggage for you until you check out. As for getting to the airport, the Light Rail can get you from Westlake Center to the airport in about an hour for $2.50 or $3 (can't remember which).

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Crogoth wrote: »
    depending on what you need to do online, the hindered, yet still somewhat functional wifi at a hotel might be a much cheaper alternative (providing your hotel of choice offers free wifi)

i work at a hotel with only 151 rooms, and when we get large groups of people coming in all trying to connect their devices... you can imagine what happens...

Yeah I know what you mean. T-Mobile over here in the UK offers data package s for the US, but it is $50 for 50MB, which is mentally expensive.

• Options
    OzoneOzone The guy from 141 WashingtonRegistered User new member
    Is there any way i could PLeaseeee bring in my replica airsoft gun, i feel that it completes the look of my costume. It would be very much appreciated (note it has a large orange tip) Please write back.

• Options
    Ozone wrote: »
    Is there any way i could PLeaseeee bring in my replica airsoft gun, i feel that it completes the look of my costume. It would be very much appreciated (note it has a large orange tip) Please write back.

No. The rules are not unclear on airsoft. No airsoft is allowed, period.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the PC Freeplay computers are like? I don't want to pay $30 just to bring my laptop.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the PC Freeplay computers are like? I don't want to pay $30 just to bring my laptop.

PC Freeplay computers are fairly top of the line machines. They won't struggle with any game.

• Options
    KaligKalig CalgaryRegistered User regular
    If I decide to sleep in the back of my mini-van, where can I park overnight without being woken up by the police?

• Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    Kalig wrote: »
    If I decide to sleep in the back of my mini-van, where can I park overnight without being woken up by the police?
    On private property with the permission of the property owner. Also, at a campground (the nearest ones are well outside of the city). Basically there is no place to do this near the convention center.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    KaligKalig CalgaryRegistered User regular
    On private property with the permission of the property owner. Also, at a campground (the nearest ones are well outside of the city). Basically there is no place to do this near the convention center.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if Walmart still lets you camp out in their parking lots?

• Options

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if Walmart still lets you camp out in their parking lots?

You could try to find and call a local wal-mart to ask.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    There are no walmarts in Seattle. The nearest Walmart is in Renton, about 15 miles away. In the end you'd pay more for parking at the convention center after driving up each day than you would getting a bed at one of the local hostels.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2012
    i'm having a hard time finding this information again, but when do calls for the omegathon go out? gotta make sure i know when to actually care about my phone's battery life

Crogoth on
  • Options
    i'm having a hard time finding this information again, but when do calls for the omegathon go out? gotta make sure i know when to actually care about my phone's battery life

There's no way to know.

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

On June 22nd the Pax Twitters sent out an @ replay that said "within the next month or so" ( So there you go, I'd start keeping track of your battery life now.

Also follow that PAX twitter. Last year IIRC they sent out a somewhat (poorly veiled) tweet that was something like "Phones are ringing" or something stupid like that.

Edit: Pfffttt Zerzhul, there's usually a general answer to a question on the PAX twitter. (Now if Crogoth wanted a specific day, he's hosed.)

tsrblke on
  • Options
    tsrblke wrote: »

On June 22nd the Pax Twitters sent out an @ replay that said "within the next month or so" ( So there you go, I'd start keeping track of your battery life now.

Also follow that PAX twitter. Last year IIRC they sent out a somewhat (poorly veiled) tweet that was something like "Phones are ringing" or something stupid like that.

Edit: Pfffttt Zerzhul, there's usually a general answer to a question on the PAX twitter. (Now if Crogoth wanted a specific day, he's hosed.)

this is the info i was looking for, i do have PAX tweets being pushed to my phone, but it doesn't look like replies count towards their tweets? i dunno, unfamiliar with this twitter thing D:

This discussion has been closed.