As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    isn't like us - simultaneously watching Steam, Amazon.com, and Greenmangaming (along with respective CAG and Twitter posts) to suss out the best deals

4240826.jpg
    Honestly, Morrowind is my favorite Elder Scroll game and I truly think that every Elder Scroll game after it is a downgrade (I despise Oblivion, but Skyrim turned out to be a step forward).
    @Casually Hardcore
    Sounds like someone needs some Morroblivion - http://morroblivion.com/

iRevert on
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Doubtful that Morrowind will go on sale for cheaper. It didn't during the last big New Year's sale as well IIRC. As for the pack, well, the only one you'll really want to replay is Morrowind, because it's still one of the most atmospheric games ever, and unlike Oblivion, it doesn't have that much of a generic high-fantasy feel. Oblivion though is pretty much obsoleted by Skyrim.

Slimcea on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So I came back from a nice walk. It's the perfect sunny summer day out there, specially after the previous two crappy rainy days.
    And still, you know, there's the sale...

1W8dV.png

It's 40 degrees centigrade outside.

I don't mind sitting in with the AC on when there's a sale. :P

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Bastion better win. I own the other 2. Who would vote for those?!!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I've been giftbushed by @GoodKingJayIII! He had struck a fatal blow against my wish list by sending me Grimrock! What a classy fellow!

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Hmm it's not letting me vote for bastion despite closing the program, killing the process, and starting it back up again.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Derrick wrote: »
    Hmm it's not letting me vote for bastion despite closing the program, killing the process, and starting it back up again.

Same, I figure it's just getting hit like crazy.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Me too.

It's rigged! D:

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Same here on the iPhone app.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I was particularly interested before...but watching the video for Grimrock it looks pretty slick.

Can you choose characters for your group, or is it always the same four?
    And the prisoner death-mountain plot actually sounds kind of awesome.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I was particularly interested before...but watching the video for Grimrock it looks pretty slick.

You choose.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

You can customize at the start of the game or choose to take the defaults.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Wait, in darksiders, I'm not sure if I'm missing something incredibly obvious, but I'm at the part where I have to imbue the corssblade with fire to light the bombs, but I can't target multiple objects at all? What's happening?

There's a button you can hold down to "lock on" to multiple targets (up to five) when in aim mode. You do have to be within a certain range for it to work.

On the 360 controller it's the left trigger, dunno what it is on the keyboard.

• Options
    EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    So I found myself thinking about when the next flash deal would start. It's in about an hour and a half.

Somehow, in doing so, I had completely forgotten that the next day of deals would be happening also.

Damn you, Valve! Your flash deals have broken my mind!

This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

My voting isn't going through either. It did the same yesterday. I think I'll try and see if it works in half an hour.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    galenblade wrote: »
    Dammit. Now I need to spend like $20 on a gamepad dongle so I can play some of these games properly.

THANKS GABE!

What games, out of curiosity? I'm always looking for some good controller-based PC games.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Steam store is being overwhelmed I guess. I don't bother voting till usually about 3 hours or so later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should own Terraria and Bastion.

However, Bastion is the better game so it gets my vote.

Also, after very careful consideration, pondering, sleep, then more pondering and analysis, and a pleasant walk to a very unpleasant place (Wal-Mart), I have reached a decision. An accord with my wallet, if you will.

I am going to risk the wrath of Newell and not get Arkham City this time around, and just get AA and Two Worlds II.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »

Third, is it worth buying Skyrim separately from the Elder Scrolls Bundle? It's $29.99 for Skyrim at 50% now, but the bundle is $49.99 and includes Morrowind: Game of the Year (with Tribunal and Bloodmoon), and then Oblivion: Game of the Year (with Shivering Isles, and Knights of the Nine)? As in, do we think Morrowind / Oblivion will actually get less than 50% off at some point?

Doubtful that Morrowind will go on sale for cheaper. It didn't during the last big New Year's sale as well IIRC. As for the pack, well, the only one you'll really want to replay is Morrowind, because it's still one of the most atmospheric games ever, and unlike Oblivion, it doesn't have that much of a generic high-fantasy feel. Oblivion though is pretty much obsoleted by Skyrim.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Here's another question for you. I actually already OWN Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, but the Steam Key does not register to Steam - of course - if I add it as a 'Non-Steam Game' to the Steam Library will I still be able to utilize the 'Steam Workshop' to handle all of my modding needs?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So there was a Humble Bundle with Bastion, and a whole slew of other amazing games? Jesus, I am a horrible person. I don't know how I missed that, or if I saw it, what I was possibly thinking by not pulling the trigger.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    Just like to point out that @DaringDirk is a very classy person for gifting me Two Worlds II.

This will be repaid, or paid forward. Either way, it will resonate.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So...LA Noire!?
    Not sure if want.

Basically is it cool enough that it would be interesting for my wife and I to play through together?

Playing with someone else commenting on questioning suspects is the best way to play. I want to say 'Yes, absolutely' to your question.

$7.49 for the entire game and all of the DLC cases is a great steal.

OKAY STEAM THREAD, I WAS GONE FOR ONE DAY AND YOU WENT THROUGH 59 PAGES.

Here are some updates. First, I would like to put in a big thank you for @iolo and @maz- who BOTH gifted me Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic while on the Flash Deal last night. Please let me know if one of you would like me to 'Decline' the gift to return it or if I can take both and PA-it forward.

Second, yesterday in my opinion was the best sale day so far. Dead Island, Left4Dead Bundle, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake Bundle, Skyrim, Morrowind, and Oblivion.

Fourth, people need to stop voting for shit that was ALREADY ON SALE. I know the average Steam customer isn't like us - simultaneously watching Steam, Amazon.com, and Greenmangaming (along with respective CAG and Twitter posts) to suss out the best deals, but voting for shit that was already a daily or a Flash Deal is stupid.

Since I'm terrible at coming up with contests and you were I think the only person on my friends list who had it on their wishlist, you go ahead and gift it to someone else.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I'm back from camping. I found these in the woods.(Thanks to those who sent me double games)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Kalia classed up my morning with some Batman AC DLC! and @JarMustard had the same idea. Time for a 25mile bike ride to celebrate and get some air before a day of gaming commences.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    LA Noire won? Dammit, I slept through it.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    New-ell thread!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I'm back from camping. I found these in the woods.(Thanks to those who sent me double games)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Mother of God.

• Options
    EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    I just want to point out that the Painkiller flash deal applies to the whole series.

Painkiller: Black Edition is $2.49. That's pretty good.

This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    galenblade wrote: »
    Dammit. Now I need to spend like $20 on a gamepad dongle so I can play some of these games properly.

THANKS GABE!

What games, out of curiosity? I'm always looking for some good controller-based PC games.

Renegade Ops and Witcher 2. Both really feel that they were designed with a gamepad in mind.

linksig.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Crap! That makes it even better...
    But I only have like $18 left in my steam wallet, and I really, really want ARMA 2 to get on sale so I can play DayZ!

Do I need ARMA 2 and Arrowhead for DayZ, or just Arrowhead?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

The party query was answered already, but just a note on the plot: It's paper thin, at least at the start. You only get any of it directly when you rest, which you don't need to do ever technically. I'm only on level 3, though, so maybe something more direct happens. Not to say it's not fun, just it's not the plot shining so far.

Xeddicus on
  • Options

Crap! That makes it even better...
    But I only have like $18 left in my steam wallet, and I really, really want ARMA 2 to get on sale so I can play DayZ!

Do I need ARMA 2 and Arrowhead for DayZ, or just Arrowhead?

You need Combined Ops. Arma 2 Free you can use for Day Z. Arma 2 just gets high res textures.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    @Gear_Girl?

What, the, fuck?

Holy shit you are absolutely amazing, thank you for all of your giveaways!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular

Same.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Jesus H. Christ Gear Girl.

Can one mere human contain that much class?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Mother of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9hmNrUNP4Y

iRevert on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    Mother%20of%20God.jpg
    edit: aha, simulpost

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is the vote not working? I'm making my choice (Dungeon Defenders, since it's the only one I don't have) and hitting the vote button, the page reloads and...nothing changes.

• Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    Could I get an invite into the group?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ Gear Girl.

Can one mere human contain that much class?

I think it is perfectly clear.

He has robbed Valve and stolen all of the games. A modern day gaming Robin Hood.

This discussion has been closed.