Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    How does one join this group of classy steam group?

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Someone convince me which to buy between shogun 2 collection fear collection and the walking dead. I'll likely buy 2 but can't decide..

Depends on if you've played Fear before. If you've never played the Fear games, I'd say get that and the walking dead. If you have, just go for Shogun 2 + the walking dead.
    What if I've only played fear 1?

Fear 1 is the best imo, so I think you're pretty much covered. Plus, Shogun 2 is a fantastic game. I'd go for Shogun 2 and the Walking Dead, then.

The FEAR sequels punch up the anime/manga inspiration a bit more with the design and color palette. The levels suffer a bit, but still offer up some really fine combat set pieces. They just tend to lack the connectivity and flow of the original games levels. The environments look better though, there's more variety going on, so if that was an issue for you in the first game you may appreciate that in the sequels. The story in the sequels is a bit more blatant, since it seems a lot of people missed the subtleties going on in the first game.

I really enjoyed all of the main FEAR games in the series, each one for slightly different reasons. The first one though is a true masterpiece in my opinion. Monolith's high water mark, which I doubt they'll ever surpass. I replay it about once a year and I'm always amazed at just how well the game has aged. I find nothing about the game tedious or grating. It's pure combat action and what I consider some of the finest storytelling around in the FPS genre, right up there with the storytelling in Half Life.

Drake on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Let it be known that Gear Girl is an avatar of classiness. She hath gifted me Hamilton's Great Adventure. I will now reveal shocking true information to the world.

Fact: GabeN's desk is made entirely of snails.

Sometimes they assimilate stuff nearby and add it to their genetic mass. Missing interns? Snails. Half-Life 3? Snails.

Valve Time? Snails.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    RanCiel810RanCiel810 Registered User regular
    How do I see all the steamgifts giveaways from our group? Can I only view individual ones like you guys post here?

OUlH7J8.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Fucking snails. I knew better than to trust those shift-eye-stalked slimy slow-moving motherfuckers.

• Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Is there any way to join group chat on the Android phone app? Can't see anything like that, but would make my day at work better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Huge amount of class for dat ass from @Zen....zen-kun~~ for the Hitman Blood Money giveaway! Senor Top Hat @ArcSyn for Faerie solitaire, didn't have to, but he did, a true gentleman in all respects. And @Louie Yes sir. I will zombie keelz with you, or anyone who has Left 4 Dead 2 (thanks for the giveaway). A great day, now it's time for me to give stuff away!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    @Gear Girl you should sign all your gifts "Gear Girl (not really a girl)"

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I watched a play through of Dear Esther a while back, and I still might have to pick up that game. It's just that gorgeous.

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    Is there any way to join group chat on the Android phone app? Can't see anything like that, but would make my day at work better.

No group chat on the app.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I half expected we'd be on a new thread by now.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    kal wrote: »

No group chat on the app.
    Thanks for the response, and also, fucking snails.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    @Gear Girl you should sign all your gifts "Gear Girl (not really a girl)"

Oops. I probably could have avoided that if I'd clicked through and seen the threads he'd started.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Thanks to Krummith for Cargo! I can't wait to obtain FUN with my creepy naked baby bros.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Alright, I need a recommendation for a Strategy/RPG/Builder/Trader (with action)/4X games. Something that isn't a huge clickfest (moderate ones okay!)

I like:
    Terraria
    MineCraft
    Command and Conquer/Company of Heroes/Dawn of War
    X3
    Star Ruler

Any Suggestions? It needs some action.

ETA: @Broncbuster , because fast thread is fast.

Now I want Evochron, which isn't helping.
    From a strategy point of view, you may like Sword of the Stars/Endless Space.
    Slightly more actiony (but still a 4x) is Sins of a Solar Empire.
    I'd also like to take a moment to recommend Nexus: The Jupiter incident, which only I appear to have ever played (except people I've given it to). It might float your Strategy/Action boat, and its..er..£2.

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Ok I'm in the group now.

my take on current sales:

buy fear 1, if you like it get its expanions; they're exactly like fear 1 other than the story mode.

fear 2 is okay, if you really liked fear 1 get fear 2 just for the story -- gameplay is decent. not that scary

knights of the old republic: cop that shit. BUY THAT GAME. one of the best games I've ever played.

metro 2033: look at what I said for star wars, same deal; epic game.

Ignore my poor grahammar and punkjewateshun.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Hmmm... I don't like having to wait 30 minutes to log into my Steam account from a different computer.

Possibly related to the extra load they're seeing from the summer sale?

I log in on 4 different computers (home, iphone, work, girlfriend's place) and whenever I need a code for one of them it's usually in my gmail inbox within seconds or minutes at most.

Any chance it's in the spam folder?

I've honestly had this problem ever since they enabled the new security system. It always takes me at least 15 minutes to get the code. Sometimes up to an hour. It's incredibly frustrating.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    uugghg got called into work tonight! NOOOOOOOOoooo I wanted to hang with you classy gents! Anyways, here's my progress report so far!

I Bought:
    Trine 2
    SSFIVAE
    Ys: Origin

I Gifted to others:
    Thief 2
    The Polynomial (x2!)
    Sequence
    Syberia 2
    Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    Overlord
    Guns of Icarus
    Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    Frozen Synapse

Gifted to me:
    Tribes Starter Pack
    Star Ruler
    Cave Story +
    PixelJunk Eden
    Binding of Isaac Collection
    Capsized
    Avernum: Escape From The Pit
    Frozen Synapse

Totally radnormous duders :^: :^: Hopefully I'll be back tonight sometime to do a little more random gifting!

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Someone convince me which to buy between shogun 2 collection fear collection and the walking dead. I'll likely buy 2 but can't decide..

SHOGUN 2.

It's awesome.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I broke down and bought the Fable III pack for $12.49.

I await your ridicule, [Steam] thread.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I know a lot of people are already recommending Metro 2033 but it really is a fantastic game. Especially if you enjoyed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. But if you did, you have already played Metro I'm sure. For a single player apocalyptic shooter its the tops.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Well, I also bought Metro. I hope my computer can run it!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »

SHOGUN 2.

It's awesome.
    Grabbed it because it's nearly done. Still time on twd hopefully with an awesone flash deal later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are already recommending Metro 2033 but it really is a fantastic game. Especially if you enjoyed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. But if you did, you have already played Metro I'm sure. For a single player apocalyptic shooter its the tops.

How scary is it? I cant handle ze scary.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    signature.png

Last chance!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

I am a huge STALKER fan but never played this, and I love scary stuff.

How much am I going to love the game I just purchased? [Most/Mostest]

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

How scary is it? I cant handle ze scary.

It's not very scary except for one level whose scariness is greatly reduced if you have a particular weapon. If you can handle Stalker or RE4 or any of those not-super-scary games you'll be fine.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So apparently you have to be signed into GFWL to even freaking save your game in Red Faction. Just like that I've gone from not having trouble with GFWL to hating it. Why the hell would I need to be signed into your service to save my damn game? I have a computer with a hard drive. That's good enough for other games. Damnit. I just lost an hour of progress. At least tell me when I decide to click continue without signing in that anything I do during that time will be for no damn reason. Damnit.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    And @Louie Yes sir. I will zombie keelz with you, or anyone who has Left 4 Dead 2 (thanks for the giveaway). A great day, now it's time for me to give stuff away!

Np dude. My l4d2 is downloading but I'm definitley going to be killing some zombies soon (if I ever get some time to game), enjoy.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

Metro 2033 is Half-Life with STALKER's atmosphere.

• Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    I have been bombarded by classiness. I don't even know where to start. <3

@APODionysus wants me to test my PC mightily with Metro 2033.

@Big Isy told me I better start writing some Dear Esther letters, pronto.

@DaringDirk was flabbergasted I have not played in a World of Goo yet.

and @BathTubb gave me the opportunity to explore the Osmos.

All you gents are Classy with a capital C.

This is by far the most awesome internet community. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RetroGamer42RetroGamer42 Registered User regular
    God Damn Snails.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »

SHOGUN 2.

It's awesome.
    Grabbed it because it's nearly done. Still time on twd hopefully with an awesone flash deal later.

You will not regret it. I'm gonna friend you right now so we can play some multiplayer once you get your sea legs (I've never done so, so I wanna play with someone the same skill level as me).

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I want Mirror's Edge and Beyond Good And Evil.

But I can't buy em. So voting for the other one!

MWAHAHAHAH

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Man, do I want Dear Esther?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Sigh, I guess nobody wants a free copy of Renegade Ops. I think tonight I will gift stuff to people to drown my sorrows in purchases. :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    I broke down and bought the Fable III pack for $12.49.

I await your ridicule, [Steam] thread.

Well, it comes with the first Fable, so it's not all bad. I am also a Fable whore. Hi5.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

It's not like super scary but it has a great atmosphere to it, probably the most immersive game I have played. But I would definitely play it in the dark and on the hardest difficulty available. The more you fear the bad guys and the limited availabilty of ammo will really pull you in.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Hmmm... I don't like having to wait 30 minutes to log into my Steam account from a different computer.

Possibly related to the extra load they're seeing from the summer sale?

I log in on 4 different computers (home, iphone, work, girlfriend's place) and whenever I need a code for one of them it's usually in my gmail inbox within seconds or minutes at most.

Any chance it's in the spam folder?

I've honestly had this problem ever since they enabled the new security system. It always takes me at least 15 minutes to get the code. Sometimes up to an hour. It's incredibly frustrating.

Weird. Any time I've been prompted for the code when I'm at a different PC, it arrives instantaneously.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Nothing fancies my eye today, guess I'm saved for a day

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
This discussion has been closed.