Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    Good episode. I suspected a firemonster/firedemon once I saw the firemonster/firedemon paintings in the previous episode. Where the hell are they even gonna take that storyline?? I can only assume they will end up banishing it somehow, maybe with the help of Lafayette or something? I dunno

I thought the ifrit was actually pretty genuinely creepy. The whole storyline has been nicely done so far.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Yeah it was well made

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    So when did everyone start calling supernatural creatures "supes"

I feel like I hadn't noticed that at all until Sunday's episode, and that's only because they used the phrase like four times during.

Did I miss an episode where someone explained that was the preferred nomenclature of the supernatural or is it just something we're going with now, like Meta Humans in the DC/Marvel Universe?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    They definately called it that before, but it's been a while. I hope this isnt the return of prejudice Jason.... that whole thing was super silly. I mean, when is he going to realize that if his parents were fairies, and his sister is a fairy.... derp.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

I feel like I hadn't noticed that at all until Sunday's episode, and that's only because they used the phrase like four times during.

Did I miss an episode where someone explained that was the preferred nomenclature of the supernatural or is it just something we're going with now, like Meta Humans in the DC/Marvel Universe?

I had the same reaction. The first time they said it, it was actually fairly jarring.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    They definately called it that before, but it's been a while. I hope this isnt the return of prejudice Jason.... that whole thing was super silly. I mean, when is he going to realize that if his parents were fairies, and his sister is a fairy.... derp.

If you're implying that Jason is a fairy, he's not. They made it clear that it skips generations and family members altogether.

Personally I think he's got a little of the fairy charm which is how he gets so man women to sleep with him, (and guys that want to) but he's not one of the x-men.

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote: »

I had the same reaction. The first time they said it, it was actually fairly jarring.

Exactly. I mean it's not a big deal or anything, but it's just like "okay, from now on this is what we call these things, and we've totally been doing it this whole time, but just to make sure you knew that let's use the word five times in an episode and really put an emphasis on it"

It didn't ruin the show, just felt forced.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

If you're implying that Jason is a fairy, he's not. They made it clear that it skips generations and family members altogether.

Personally I think he's got a little of the fairy charm which is how he gets so man women to sleep with him, (and guys that want to) but he's not one of the x-men.

Based on his charisma, he's obviously a sex panther after all.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Based on his charisma, he's obviously a sex panther after all.

Man the sex panther thing was unpleasant.
    I'm glad that Jason is starting to realize that he's got some serious damage when it comes to sex, but it seems like he learns this lesson every season. If I were him, the panther rape would've done it for me well before sexing up Pediphile Teacher recently.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Awesome episode. Eric had some really fucking good quotes, made me remember that he's a bad ass.

Big spoilers
    Pretty sad that Ronan is gone already. Is Nora going nuts or what?

"Efreet" looks really good. Glad they're taking the CGI more seriously.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Well I saw the ending coming a mile away

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that was a bit disappointing.
    Really, you're not going to oversee the silvering yourself? You're going to use an app to execute him?

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If the vamp didn't go splat. . .I don't believe he is dead. Although yes the betrayals were pretty well and good telegraphed from the second episode, I still was guessing which one was going to get it.

Also, Roman is certainly younger than Russel - I wouldn't get near him with a stake either, silvered or not.

EDIT: Oh nevermind. I saw the preview for next week.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Aw.
    Sad to see Roman go. That dude was awesome.

I was kinda hoping he was pretty old. Maybe not as old as Russel, but at least somewhere in the 2000's so he could put up a decent fight.

I mean, if the kid was 900, you'd have to figure Roman was at least 1000+

Need to consult my scouter.

RT800 on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Aw.

I was kinda hoping he was pretty old. Maybe not as old as Russel, but at least somewhere in the 2000's so he could put up a decent fight.

That's a parody line I'd like to hear from Sookie at some point.

Sookie - "Jeez how do you all keep track of ages like this? Ya'll have your own scouter sense or something?"
    Eric - "Our own what?"
    Sookie - "*in Recoome voice* Eric! What's it say about his power level?"
    Bill - "...We're not getting this reference."
    Sookie - "Ugh, nevermind."

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So who all is against Roman:
    I think we all agree Salome is, and after last night, it seems like Kibwe is as well. Killing humans who could identify the traitor? No, not suspicious at all.

I would find it amusing if they were all secretly opposed to Roman.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Eric becomes the new head of the Authority.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    We get Russel back! Yay!

We lose Roman! Boo!

Alan Ball giveth, and Alan Ball taketh away.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Aw.

I think Roman was 500 years old, so he was actually one of the youngest on the council

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    It's interesting to think about the age/power/political influence dynamics.

Someone like Jessica could be well over 500 before she starts thinking very ambitiously, but turn a politically-minded type and his first impulse would be to seek out and consolidate power.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    It's interesting to think about the age/power/political influence dynamics.

Someone like Jessica could be well over 500 before she starts thinking very ambitiously, but turn a politically-minded type and his first impulse would be to seek out and consolidate power.

Yep. Look at Bill and Eric. Bill is much, much younger, and managed to eventually become King of Louisiana. Eric was apparently content with being sheriff of zone 5 and running a nightclub before he got drawn into the shit.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I'd just like to restate that this series has probably the best credits sequence of any show on TV

It's only competition is GoT

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, the ending was telegraphed a mile away. Further. They should have gone a different route. Like Eric just walk in and kills everyone, not blah blah blah blah (not a) surprise!

Maybe they'll still go with the tech chick being the traitor and not the obvious route with Salome.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Where do I know tech girl from? Was she in a Joss Whedon show?

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    She was Deb in Napoleon Dynamite, she was on Veronica Mars, and she played a smallish part in Big Love. Those are the things I know her from.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

She was the little girl with the tattoo in Waterworld.

• Options

Hmm, while I remember Waterworld, I don't think that's why she's ringing bells.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    She was Deb in Napoleon Dynamite, she was on Veronica Mars, and she played a smallish part in Big Love. Those are the things I know her from.

Thaaaaat's it.

Yeah that was bothering me as well.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

Of course.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I think she's lost a fair bit of weight since Veronica Mars/Napoleon Dynamite, as well, which probably aids the confusion

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012

Ahhh, that's it! I knew I knew her from something.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    I enjoyed the episode, although I'm a little sad that
    Russell is still the big bad, despite how awesome he is. I mean he and Salome are in the 2K and older club so they're damn near unstoppable.

My guess is that this whole bullshit Fairy war spills out and is much tougher than even the older vamps realize, and this season ends with supernatural war on Earth (not in a grand apocalyptic scale or anything, but you know...

Also, Russell was flat out confident he could find a way to bring his lover back from a pile of goo. What's the over/under that Lillith is either a) still alive or b) gets resurrected?

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Russell is still the big bad, despite how awesome he is. I mean he and Salome are in the 2K and older club so they're damn near unstoppable.

My guess is that this whole bullshit Fairy war spills out and is much tougher than even the older vamps realize, and this season ends with supernatural war on Earth (not in a grand apocalyptic scale or anything, but you know...

Also, Russell was flat out confident he could find a way to bring his lover back from a pile of goo. What's the over/under that Lillith is either a) still alive or b) gets resurrected?
    I'd be shocked if she didn't show up at some point.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Julius wrote: »

Of course.

Yeah, that's it. I knew there was snappy writing involved.

Who's to say that she's not already in the show?

• Options
    Julius wrote: »

Of course.

Yeah, that's it. I knew there was snappy writing involved.

Who's to say that she's not already in the show?
    My guess is Nora is gonna be the reincarnation of Lilith or something.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Since I got a double Post I figured I'd just give a few thoughts:
    Tara - she's showing to be the mean bitch she always was, but now with super powers I am hoping we see her become a bit more interesting.

Jason/Sookie/Parents - IF the vampire that killed their parents turns out to be Russell I will be very disappointed.

Alcie - Packmaster? I understand him wanting to get rid of the V drinking wolves, but Packmaster Alcie sounds like trouble.

Hoyt - Poor Eyore Hoyt. I had hoped he'd shake it off but it seems that's not in the cards or is it? As much as he's miserable, I really don't think it's in his character to side with those guys that have been going around killing the "Supes". This may actually force him to stop being a whiny bitch.

Terry/Eefrite - not sure how I feel about this as Terry has always been a fringe character and more face time isn't really making him all that more interesting.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Yeah, the ending was telegraphed a mile away. Further. They should have gone a different route. Like Eric just walk in and kills everyone, not blah blah blah blah (not a) surprise!

Maybe they'll still go with the tech chick being the traitor and not the obvious route with Salome.

Though I knew what was going to happen, I had hopes of Eric walking in at the last minute and doing something!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just me, but I really wish that some of these "White Wolf on tha teevees" modern fantasy shows would do more American mythology. I wanna see Coyote getting his trick on and teaching all these whiny emo bitches what it is to learn while someone else laughs at you.

I mean the only instance I can think of was ONE wendigo showing up in the first season of Supernatural, and then it was off to play Bible-ball with the Revelations crew.

Admittedly some of this is a reaction to vampire saturation.

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    Ha. Not to get too off-topic, but the first time vampires showed up on Supernatural I was like "Oh god not this shit again! Don't they have enough shows?" and dreaded the inevitable vampire takeover of an otherwise cool concept of a show. But I was happily proven wrong.

Meanwhile we have True Blood that could arguably be spending too much time on non-vampires for a show about vampires.

• Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    Ha. Not to get too off-topic, but the first time vampires showed up on Supernatural I was like "Oh god not this shit again! Don't they have enough shows?" and dreaded the inevitable vampire takeover of an otherwise cool concept of a show. But I was happily proven wrong.

Meanwhile we have True Blood that could arguably be spending too much time on non-vampires for a show about vampires.

I am totally okay with that though, because even with the Fae court being the most stock thing since vampire porn, it is something besides vampire porn.

Speaking of vampires and porn, has anyone hung a lantern on the fact that vampires are all essentially pathetic junkies? I mean, I was trying to figure out who all these characters are that you use names for (because I don't remember names well when I'm even paying proper attention, like who Hoyt is) so I checked the wiki and found basically ALL the vampire character histories including, "and then they fell prey to their vampire instincts and did X (where X is generally something hedonistic)."

Hell it's Russell's only thing, he's a completely amoral hedonistic psychopath and proud of it.