Options

[League of Legends] Yeah, Hargaad skipped Diana, so how about you Rengar more about it.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I feel in general the community has gotten better (not on the PBE though, good lord that place is atrocious) but then again I don't pug very often. I tend to stick with premade 5's.

But they've gotten better! ish!

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    The community has gotten a bit better. But considering where it started from, that's not saying much.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    How to play Udyr:

Top Lane: Pick him against Nidalee, Jarvan, Cho'gath, Irelia, Tryndamere, Fiora, Talon, or Riven and wipe the floor with them by maxing W then Q with a point in E. Pick him against Yorick, Warwick, or Shen to ignore their early game harass by maxing W and then just farm better by putting points in R while also having more GP10. Udyr is the best Shen counter. If he wants to ult someone, punch him!

Jungle: RWRERWWWW. Stack as much health and armor as manbearmonkeyturtlemythicalfirebirdtigerally possible. Tell your lane to push up the lane, then run behind their tower and tank it by spamming W. 150 armor Udyr with maxed out Turtle Stance mocks towers.

They can't run away if you're behind them.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    I think the community has gotten a LOT better. Now it is rare for people to just spam ethnic slurs in /all, where it wasn't at all unusual before.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    How to play Udyr:

Top Lane: Pick him against Nidalee, Jarvan, Cho'gath, Irelia, Tryndamere, Fiora, Talon, or Riven and wipe the floor with them by maxing W then Q with a point in E. Pick him against Yorick, Warwick, or Shen to ignore their early game harass by maxing W and then just farm better by putting points in R while also having more GP10. Udyr is the best Shen counter. If he wants to ult someone, punch him!

Jungle: RWRERWWWW. Stack as much health and armor as manbearmonkeyturtlemythicalfirebirdtigerally possible. Tell your lane to push up the lane, then run behind their tower and tank it by spamming W. 150 armor Udyr with maxed out Turtle Stance mocks towers.

Fiora should beat Udyr top. At least I've beaten every Udyr top I've faced as Fiora, pretty handily.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Okay Syndra is a day one even though I barely get to go mid anymore, that is awesome.
    Coinage wrote: »
    Actually, Hargaad's avatar makes me kind of angry, but I'm a bit of a purist, so...

Gee, I wonder why you can't cross ponies with Korea. I thought Koreans loved Hecarim.
    I know it's a joke, but sexualization sets me on edge...

• Options
    edited August 2012
    How to play Udyr:

Fiora should beat Udyr top. At least I've beaten every Udyr top I've faced as Fiora, pretty handily.

You see, I really enjoy playing Fiora. Every time I say "So-and-so beats Fiora top," you immediately come in and say that this is, indeed, not the case. And then I try playing Fiora against that champion. And then I lose horribly. And then the small part of me that loves women with French accents who adore pretty little pictures starts to shrivel and die just a little bit more.

Fool me once, Delph. Fool me once.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Mmh.. I don't like how the new champions look. Both Syndra and Diana look annoying, and I don't really like Rengar either. Nor Zyra, really. Why :/

Even more annoying because they all seem to have fun skills.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    How to play Udyr:

You see, I really enjoy playing Fiora. Every time I say "So-and-so beats Fiora top," you immediately come in and say that this is, indeed, not the case. And then I try playing Fiora against that champion. And then I lose horribly. And then the small part of me that loves women with French accents who adore pretty little pictures starts to shrivel and die just a little bit more.

You have to remember, Delph has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about his fiora play. I have yet to come up against a Fiora near as good as him.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    How to play Udyr:

You have to remember, Delph has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about his fiora play. I have yet to come up against a Fiora near as good as him.

jeeze its not like shes hard to play or anything

just keep stacking attack speed

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Rengar has like 3.5 minutes of voice work

it's all repetitive GRR HUNTING BLOOD YEAH

mundo tier champ

Mundo tier is like a special tier above all other champs? =P

mundo tier is ugly shit tier with stupid voices

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Delph, reveal your secrets about Fiora!

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Delph, reveal your secrets about Fiora!

I feel like you misunderstand what 'je ne sais quoi' meant. :P

mundo tier champ

I guess you will not like the Voice actors new Mundo ring tone.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    fYOPn.jpg

This game could have gone awful. I picked jayce solo top, but then HNNT's client bugs out and doesnt pick an AD. Instead of raging like I normally would do, I say "i'll go bot, it won't be that bad.' And fucking destroy them like they were Alderraan and I was the Death Star. Fucking excellent.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Why doesn't Syndra have a sixpack.

This does not jive with established Void lore.

Visit the Void, get a sixpack. That's how it works.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Mmh.. I don't like how the new champions look. Both Syndra and Diana look annoying, and I don't really like Rengar either. Nor Zyra, really. Why :/

Even more annoying because they all seem to have fun skills.

I love Diana and Rengar. I like Zyra and Syndra. I feel like they are really kind of knocking it out of the park with both fun mechanics and a nice ascetic.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    all female champs should have 6 packs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Six six packs.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    crossingstyxcrossingstyx Registered User regular
    Just had to jungle cho. I'm not a huge fan of doing that, but I don't really like any of the other jungles except lee sin and i'm just not good enough with him most of the time. The clear time isn't really fantastic, but god I love those ganks. Went 10/4/19 and barely missed a penta (ez or kat got the last hit). Also had to explain that stacking MR doesn't really help against feast after i nuked 70% of the carrie's hp in one hit.

He's definitely my favorite champ, are there any pro teams that use him with any regularity I can watch games of or is he not any good at high elo?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I think 6 boobs are more likely.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think 6 boobs are more likely.

I didn't know we were getting a Rengar genderbend skin.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Problem is Sona has to get in Taric's stun range to harass, and she's SQUISHY. Like, Taric/Corki should stun and blow her up so fast it's ridiculous.

Basically this. Played a Sivir/Taric against this lane and any time Sona was anywhere near me(taric) she exploded.
    schuss wrote: »
    As someone who plays a lot of taric, you counter him by playing passive, as between his shield and the stun/burst you probably won't be winning direct engages.

Leona is also a hard counter. She does majority magic damage, gives her carry magic damage and her w counteracts the armor shred from taric.
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    On another note, why buying a last whisper is often not the best choice on certain champs like kogmaw. LET YOUR MINDS BE BLOWN!

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/gentleman-gustaf/21273-yelling-about-last-whisper

This analysis is wrong. And the reason it is is right there sitting in front the authors face. [well two things, but first things first]

Its wrong because we don't care how much 8 second DPS you do. We care about how fast you kill any particular target. How fast you kill any particular target is NOT 8 seconds of DPS, its "how fast do you get to how many hit points the target has"

Notice the "Burst" column? This is more what we want to look at. Specifically we want to figure out how long it will take to kill a "team" of targets given that we have a bit of time as we reposition ourselves to shoot the next person. I.E. we basically want to look at "burst time to take down target x + Burst time to take down target y". And in pretty much all cases for all characters, even Kog and Corki. You will do 3000, 3500 HP damage to a tank with LW before you will do that much damage using a second Phantom Dancer"

The second thing is that the author assumes abilities will be used on all carries... which is kinda dumb. Tristana does not want to waste time activating abilities. Every second she is not attacking is a waste, similarly Ashe slows down her attack pattern by vollying if she has a PD and Zerks. Yet somehow, the +90% AS tristana has the same "breakeven point" as the no steroid Ashe

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

mundo tier champ

I think you mean Lulu tier there. I kid I kid.

But seriously, Mundo is awesome. Corporate Mundo and Rageborn are the best.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Just had to jungle cho. I'm not a huge fan of doing that, but I don't really like any of the other jungles except lee sin and i'm just not good enough with him most of the time. The clear time isn't really fantastic, but god I love those ganks. Went 10/4/19 and barely missed a penta (ez or kat got the last hit). Also had to explain that stacking MR doesn't really help against feast after i nuked 70% of the carrie's hp in one hit.

He's definitely my favorite champ, are there any pro teams that use him with any regularity I can watch games of or is he not any good at high elo?

I haven't seen him get tourney play, but that's because only the top tier jungles get played in tourneys because they need the best champs possible. Cho is absolutely a viable jungler to play with, at any solo queue elo. If you can land rupture(and it's easier now) his ganks are good, and if you build him right he scales nicely into late game.

Faced the new Kat as Mordekaiser earlier. She ruined me haaaaaarrrrrrdddddddd. Not with harass, because her new bouncing blades suck worse for that, but she got ahead early and you know how that goes with Kat. Her ult is still as deadly as ever, and in fact now counters Mord's ult since the healing debuff is built into it. If my jungle was worth a shit it would've probably been different because she was shunpoing offensively and we could've abused the CD, but he wasn't. Her new W is nice for wave clearing too.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How to play Udyr:

I'm going to assume you are joking about the attack speed thing.

I certainly like playing Fiora and at the risk of repeating myself (I could have sworn I went into great detail about why she beats udyr a few threads ago)

Basically the deal with Fiora is that she gets amazing amounts of AD early on with her parry. So the ideal way to play her is in an aggressive style where you force trades with the enemy. Now i'm not saying she beats anybody ever, but she is a good pick against a lot of champs that candle handle high damage trades very well. Because of her attack speed buff you don't really need to build attack speed on her early so the better option will typically be to rush a Wriggles or even a BF sword if you are farming well.

I prefer the Wriggles personally but feel free to build her how you like.

The playstyle is all about harass and aggression so you'll want to focus your Parry for the passive AD and your Attack speed/speed boost secondary (Go for the dash secondary if you need more short burst, effective against shielded champs like shen and lee sin to do your damage before they shield)

Against Udyr you just go all out offense. Dash in, keep auto attacking, wait for the stun and then dash after him. Your burst is high enough to bust through his shield and your speed boost will keep you up with him should he try to run away, if he stays to fight pop your parry (key thing here is to watch for that split second when he turns to attack you to pop it, alternatively you can pop it early but oftentimes they'll wait out the time)

Just keep up the offense and your sustain and aggression will outlast his sustain and shield and you'll be able to force him back and force him to miss cs. Don't be afraid to just flat out attack him when he goes in to last hit. If you do this properly you can bait out his shield and dash in after the fact.

If he is smarter and good with his shield then go for the more bursty offensive. Get a tear (into manamune) and go hyper aggression with your dashes. The burst should be enough to break down his shield even if he is maxing it.

The worst thing you can do is let him cs or heal up off the creeps so you just keep at him and force him back every time he goes in. Your AD will outmatch his by a long shot and your offensive burst abilities make it even more so.

Once you get him down low enough he has no way to stop your ult so you can just ult him whenever you want to kill him if he hangs around in lane.

This is just kind of a quick and dirty guide since I'm at work atm but hopefully that gives you an idea of what i'm talking about.

TL;DR Constant aggression and harass and your natural AD will outperform his sustain/shield. Focus your parry above all and get an early wriggles or BF sword. Also remember he can't stop your ult so feel free to dive his ass if he is low on health, the single target burst on your ult will decimate his shield and you can finish him off. Just make sure you get him down to around 1/4 hpish or so first, hell even 1/3 or so should be enough to finish him off.

If you want Carnavon we can play a custom game later tonight if you are around and I can show you first hand what I do. I did that awhile back with wolfmini and Vlad and it helped a bunch on how to deal with the matchup.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

How are you building him? Cho is meant to have a really fast clear time, it's his ganks that are the iffy part of his jungling package.

Then again I tend to build Cho as an AD bruiser (with a Wit's End for good measure), so my experience with him might be a little odd.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I can't imagine building Cho anything but AP since he has insanely stupid good ratios, but I don't really play Cho so whatev. Might be hard to get a RoA early enough to be worth it out of the jungle though.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    AP Cho is absolutely terrifying since they buffed Rupture.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    This game needs a "I never want to play with this person again" list.

Seriously.
    Pretty sure I'd be down to bot games in a week or two, though.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    I think the community has gotten a LOT better. Now it is rare for people to just spam ethnic slurs in /all, where it wasn't at all unusual before.

i think this has more to do with all chat disable button than with the community.

• Options
    M.D. wrote: »
    A-Puck wrote: »

i think this has more to do with all chat disable button than with the community.

Maybe, but I don't keep mine off and I don't get too many horrible things in all chat anymore.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I can't imagine building Cho anything but AP since he has insanely stupid good ratios, but I don't really play Cho so whatev. Might be hard to get a RoA early enough to be worth it out of the jungle though.

It depends on what you want to be doing, really. AP Cho can deal a horrifying amount of damage, but bruiser Cho is probably going to be a lot tankier and just as good (if not slightly better) at disrupting the enemy team. When I'm playing the champ that grows to a stupidly large size I like to build as tanky as I can, but that's just personal preference.

On a related note, bruiser Diana is pretty hilarious. Put a Frozen Mallet on her and she can stick to an enemy for days.

Burnage on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    How to play Udyr:

\

You joke right? If anything, you get free AD and ASPD, if you want to be a bastard, rune and buy some armor pen and you can dominate your lane early. I've seen a lot of top streamers take an early brutalizer and then BRUTALIZE people with it.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    On a related note, bruiser Diana is pretty hilarious. Put a Frozen Mallet on her and she can stick to an enemy for days.
    Sure but if you build her AP she only has to stick to an enemy for seconds.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mundo ring tone.
    How to play Udyr:

\

You joke right? If anything, you get free AD and ASPD, if you want to be a bastard, rune and buy some armor pen and you can dominate your lane early. I've seen a lot of top streamers take an early brutalizer and then BRUTALIZE people with it.

They were joking.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

How are you building him? Cho is meant to have a really fast clear time, it's his ganks that are the iffy part of his jungling package.

Then again I tend to build Cho as an AD bruiser (with a Wit's End for good measure), so my experience with him might be a little odd.

Yeh, I was kindof wondering about how his clear time was low and was like... O_o

If you level his vorpal spikes (E) early, his clear time is insanely fast. I start boots/3red, when I'm positive that no invade is coming, I take E first, (W if there's an invade) start wraiths->blue->wolves->wraiths->red(smite should be back up)->mini's->gank. You really only need his Q before you start ganking (landing the Q is the hard part of a cho gank), and only need 1 point in W to stop a counter jungler.

But AD Bruiser? I prefer to play him AP Tank, so RoA, Rylai's, FH, Mercs are core. Slip in Doran's Rings in as needed, and possibly an abyssal for MR, finish with a GA or party hat. Boots 5 if you don't need the mercs.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have a new beard for every tournament I cast

Can we vote on crazy things for you to yell out when something exciting happens?

I guarantee it will devolve into NBA Jam quotes.
    Okay Syndra is a day one even though I barely get to go mid anymore, that is awesome.
    Actually, Hargaad's avatar makes me kind of angry, but I'm a bit of a purist, so...

Gee, I wonder why you can't cross ponies with Korea. I thought Koreans loved Hecarim.

Wait, what?! I was...I thought I was making a joke on them eating animals? ._. I guess I was wrong, and instead made a sexual joke?
    Talith wrote: »
    D:

I'm going to have to stay out of this thread for a few days aren't I?

Not unless you can man-drop your standards. Honestly, how can you deny the lulz that Korea gives us?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnHe4SPaVM

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I've been rushing Maw on Fiora for disgusting ults.

*while playing Dominion.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have a new beard for every tournament I cast

Can we vote on crazy things for you to yell out when something exciting happens?

I guarantee it will devolve into NBA Jam quotes.

Wait, what?! I was...I thought I was making a joke on them eating animals? ._. I guess I was wrong, and instead made a sexual joke?
    Talith wrote: »
    D:

I'm going to have to stay out of this thread for a few days aren't I?

Not unless you can man-drop your standards. Honestly, how can you deny the lulz that Korea gives us?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnHe4SPaVM

Honestly, I probably lost my shit worse than that the first time I witnessed a penta from a guy on my team. Hell, it wasn't even me, I think it was Smaug?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

Yeh, I was kindof wondering about how his clear time was low and was like... O_o

If you level his vorpal spikes (E) early, his clear time is insanely fast. I start boots/3red, when I'm positive that no invade is coming, I take E first, (W if there's an invade) start wraiths->blue->wolves->wraiths->red(smite should be back up)->mini's->gank. You really only need his Q before you start ganking (landing the Q is the hard part of a cho gank), and only need 1 point in W to stop a counter jungler.

But AD Bruiser? I prefer to play him AP Tank, so RoA, Rylai's, FH, Mercs are core. Slip in Doran's Rings in as needed, and possibly an abyssal for MR, finish with a GA or party hat. Boots 5 if you don't need the mercs.

My standard build on him is Merc Boots, Wit's End, Randuin's or Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Guardian Angel, Frozen Heart. That might be stretching the definition of "AD bruiser" a little bit, it's pretty much straight tank. It also sacrifices almost all of his damage, but he really does become almost unkillable and remains pretty good at peeling.

This discussion has been closed.