Options

Circumcision does not reduce sensitivity

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Plus, most of the girls I know prefer a circumcised penis. Most of the others don't care. I don't know any girl that prefers an uncircumcised penis.
    That's because you live in the states. Other countries take the opposite view, the UK for instance. So you've also made the decision that your future son is going to live in the United States his entire life, and not possibly move to another country where circumcision is unusual and taboo? Bearing in mind that while choosing to be circumcise is easy, choosing not to be after the operation is not.

Whatever. The American attitude towards this sickens me.
    Actually, most kids born today in the U.S. are not circumcised.

So, unless you expect your future sons to be having sex with people your age, getting them circumcised is going to make them freaks. And, of course, it's a lot easier to get circumcised than it is to un-do a circumcision.

And who the fuck decided that that flap of skin is "extra?" Is that like I have an "extra" kidney, and an "extra" lung? "Extra" liver that I don't need, "extra" small intestine, "extra" brain that doesn't get used?

Jesus, they should be removing all of these "extras" when we're born, apparently.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Meh, any male child of mine will be circumsized. One, because we are jewish and thats the way we do things. Second becauseI don't want to teach him anything extra and I will be damned if I will apply any medicene to that area. Mine works fine, I like the look and is cool so I guess thats what my son will have it too.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Meh, any male child of mine will be circumsized. One, because we are jewish and thats the way we do things. Second becauseI don't want to teach him anything extra and I will be damned if I will apply any medicene to that area. Mine works fine, I like the look and is cool so I guess thats what my son will have it too.

I hope you never have children.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I fully expected K_A's post to be a comparison to tentacles and/or penises in hentai.

I think your comment is a little harsh, Evil. I hate when people pull the "you shouldn't breed" card here on the forums.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Drez on
  • Options
    Pants ManPants Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0726_050726_circumcision.html

i really really wish someone would cite the stats on how often circumcision is screwed up instead of just saying "it happens"

cutting the umbilical cord is technically "unnecessary surgery," but we still do it, and it carries about as much risk as circumcision does.

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Applying medicine to a child's genitals probably shouldn't be a significant concern to a parent.

You realize you'll have to wipe their ass for a while, right?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I hope I do. Why should we mess with our tradition anyhow? It served us well the past hundreds of years. It makes us normal and you don't need to see our wangs when we are wearing clothes at all. Yeah if we wear a star or something like that you'll know it was done, but I don't walk around displaying anything like that.

Just because we can clean them better doesn't make it that you can't do it. While I may not be religious enough, I hold my traditions in high regard.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pants Man wrote: »
    cutting the umbilical cord is technically "unnecessary surgery," but we still do it, and it carries about as much risk as circumcision does.
    I'm curious how drunk you are at the moment.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

He'll never find a woman to bear his children anyways, so it's a non-issue.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong

edit: by which i mean the bellybutton part, duh

Pants Man on
    "okay byron, my grandma has a right to be happy, so i give you my blessing. just... don't get her pregnant. i don't need another mom."
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Eh, I know a lot of people that might as well still have their umbilical cords.

Drez on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Applying medicine to a child's genitals probably shouldn't be a significant concern to a parent.

Thank you. I was trying to find a way to construcively criticise him along the lines of "Wait till diaper rash". I think that's much better then the other dick replys that were given.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wiping is fine because thats what we do. Applying medicene which is something I have never done I wouldn't do.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Wiping is fine because thats what we do. Applying medicene which is something I have never done I wouldn't do.

There's a high likelihood of you having to apply medicine to your child's body though, penis or otherwise.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong
    You don't see how cutting a chord of flesh binding the mother to the child is necessary? How drunk are you?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Pff, wouldn't you like to know.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong
    You don't see how cutting a chord of flesh binding the mother to the child is necessary? How drunk are you?

How would it happen in nature?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »

prove me wrong

The mother would chew through the cord, obviously.

Drez on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong

Mommy bites it off?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong

okay, i clearly fucked up that part. it's been a long day. i meant the bellybutton tying

Pants Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

prove me wrong

The placenta gets ejected and the mother/father chews through it/it decays and falls off after a while.

But you know, I'm nearing 22 years and my foreskin is as alive as the day I was born and still attached.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    recurs|onrecurs|on procrastinator general Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I take it you don't know that you will be applying medicine, Vaseline, and gauze several times a day after the circumcision?

recurs|on on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pff, wouldn't you like to know.
    Not really, no.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »

There's a high likelihood of you having to apply medicine to your child's body though, penis or otherwise.

See the point is that yeah, I know that medicene like vicks for example is applied. Applyoing medicene to someplace where I don't have knowledge of or have seen it before is an issue. Why should I hassle myself with this issue when I don't have to deal with it?

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey the wiki on circumcision is actually interesting. Did you know it predates recorded human history?

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

See the point is that yeah, I know that medicene like vicks for example is applied. Applyoing medicene to someplace where I don't have knowledge of or have seen it before is an issue. Why should I hassle myself with this issue when I don't have to deal with it?

I uh...I think circumcision is just fine, but I'm not sure "so I don't have to hassle myself" is in any way a valid reason. Why have children then? Overall they are a "hassle."

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    recurs|on wrote: »

I take it you don't know that you will be applying medicine, Vaseline, and gauze several times a day after the circumcision?

thats why you have nurses.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey the wiki on circumcision is actually interesting. Did you know it predates recorded human history?

Brontosaurucision.

Drez on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

How can that be known?

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    alright, so the stupid surgery part of my post aside, does anybody wanna address the study saying circumsized men are 2/3rds less likely to get AIDS?

or does anybody wanna cite how often circumcision is messed up?

Pants Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I uh...I think circumcision is just fine, but I'm not sure "so I don't have to hassle myself" is in any way a valid reason. Why have children then? Overall they are a "hassle."

Hassle with putting medicene in that part. Kids rasing I have no problem with and I don't consider a hassle. That and its listed in the torah. I don't want my kid being kicked out. Afterwords he is free to do what he wants, but while he's under my care and my house (hopefully in the future) he shall observe the Jewish tradition.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm pretty sure you won't be allowed to take one of them home with you from the hospital. They're probably going to tell you to do it yourself.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Brontosaurucision.

If you have a dinosaur on your cock I'm pretty sure that's necessary surgery

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Hassle with putting medicene in that part. Kids rasing I have no problem with and I don't consider a hassle. That and its listed in the torah. I don't want my kid being kicked out. Afterwords he is free to do what he wants, but while he's under my care and my house (hopefully in the future) he shall observe the Jewish tradition.

What if it's a girl?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    recurs|onrecurs|on procrastinator general Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Ha ha, yeah. Where do you live that your baby will be hospitalized for several days at 8 days of age?

Nurses. Hee.

recurs|on on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    alright, so the stupid surgery part of my post aside, does anybody wanna address the study saying circumsized men are 2/3rds less likely to get AIDS?

or does anybody wanna cite how often circumcision is messed up?
    If you want to fight AIDS, there are better ways to do it than circumcising men. Like, for instance, giving them condoms. I find it hilarious that the same group of people who are uncomfortable telling a man to put on a condom have no problem telling them to cut off part of their penis.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yes, when you're looking at a population of men who by and large refuse to wear condoms and refuse to be monogamous.

So, yeah, if the most obvious ways of preventing HIV fail, then promoting circumcision in these populations is a viable third-line alternative.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#HIV
    Wikipedia wrote:
    On March 28, 2007, the World Health Organisation and UNAIDS issued joint recommendations about male circumcision and HIV/AIDS.[112] These are:

1. Male circumcision should now be recognized as an efficacious intervention for HIV prevention.

2. Promoting male circumcision should be recognized as an additional, important strategy for the prevention of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men.[113]

Newell and Bärnighausen (2007) also stated there was "firm evidence that the risk of acquiring HIV is halved by male circumcision."[11][12][13] However, Garenne (2006) doubted its value in reducing HIV.[114] and Talbott (2007), in a controversial paper [7] stated that cross country regression data pointed to prostitution as the key factor in the AIDS epidemic rather than circumcision.[115] A World Health Organization AIDS Prevention Team official Tim Farley described the paper as 'total drivel', while Chris Surridge, PLoS One's managing editor, defended its publication.[116] In 1999 the American Medical Association had stated, "behavioral factors are far more important in preventing these infections than the presence or absence of a foreskin."[60]

So it may or may not help reduce the chance of acquiring HIV. I hate the ambigouity of science.

Fellhand on
This discussion has been closed.