As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] PHALLA WARS 2 IS OVER! VILLAGE VICTORY!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Given we have a mad king, I'm not sure this is the kind of inactivus that people want killing them either.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Losing villagers due to inactivus would be very disappointing. Time is on our side and that could quite dramatically rush things.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    VOTE CLOSED. INACTIVUS HUNGERS.

• Options
    Night 5: Giant-Sized Fun

Lion's Arch, Sunrise

The people dragged forwards a massive brutish creature, forcing it onto its knees in front of the Mad King. Even so humbled, it towered above the mighty monarch, making a low gurgling sound from behind its mask.
    AN IMPRESSIVE SPECIMEN! HOWEVER, I SEE THAT MANY OF YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO ABSTAIN FROM THE FESTIVITIES ALTOGETHER? DO I BORE YOU? NO, OF COURSE NOT! BUT YOU... YOU BORE ME. QUICKLY! DANCE BY MY SIDE FOREVER!
    And with that, a small group of Pact Warriors were transformed forever into more of the Mad King's candy-corn golem servants, lost to the cause forever. And then they found the other bodies...

The Dead

Alegis - Legate Minister Caudecus the Wise of Beetletun - BORED THE MAD KING
    Kime - Odette Barradin, Heroic Mesmer - BORED THE MAD KING
    Phyphor - Eir Stegalkin, Norn Hero - BORED THE MAD KING
    Fiaryn - War Minister Shukov, Dredge Ruler - Stabbed and Burned
    Egos - Giganticus Lupicus, Guardian of Arah - Conscripted to the Mad King's Service by Popular Demand
    MrTLicious - Madking73810 the Norn, Vigil Warmaster - Squished and Stamped.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Inactivity will NOT be tolerated.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Not even any warnings?

• Options
    Inactivity will result in punishment by the Mad King. This may or may not be worse than death. Activity is defined as two posts and one vote.

• Options
    Well

That is 6 dead mafia. Which is 20% of the starting playerbase.

Still more to root out I guess?

• Options
    Looks like it.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Either one more mafia is among us or SOE wasn't our SK.

List of who is left.
    Mill
    SLyM
    jdarksun
    MagicPrime
    CesareB
    I needed a name to post.
    Typhus733
    Retaba
    Obifett

Mill on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    GIVEN THE SMALL NUMBER OF REMAINING PLAYERS AND THE FACT THAT I WILL BE PRESENT AND AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND, YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHORTEN THE DAY. IF YOU WISH TO DO SO, PLEASE PUT !Shorten ALONGSIDE YOUR VOTE. A UNANIMOUS DECISION TO SHORTEN WILL RESULT IN THE DAY ENDING AS SOON AS ALL VOTES AND ACTIONS HAVE BEEN PLACED.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    OoOooOoOooOoOooOoOo
    shruggiant.jpg
    ooOoOoOooOoOoOooOoo

• Options
    From the various narrations:
    Langly - Seraph Captain Logan Thackeray - Clawed, stomped, crushed, shot, stabbed, and stabbed again.
    Enlightenedbum - Garm, Honored Wolfhound -Stomped and crushed and mauled to death.
    MrTLicious - Madking73810 the Norn, Vigil Warmaster - Squished and Stamped.

Considering this, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we've got no more mafia left and there is indeed an SK. The obvious suspect is obvious. Sorry, INANTP, but even if you're not the problem you're no longer part of the solution...

• Options
    INANTP has helped us get in this position. The least we can do is attempt to help him hit his wincon. Because he missed his kill yesterday, we are at two more days until he supposedly hits his wincon.

We have 9 players left. 2-3 kills a day gives us a chance to help him. If we see a red kill tonight, however, we may have a problem.

• Options
    So I have a quick hunch on how to figure out who is the remaining mafia, if there is one.

Can everyone please send me the race of your role? Doesn't have to be your role or anything, just your race (Norn, Sylvari, Asura, Charr, or Human).

If you don't do this you won't be considered mafia, so this is not a role call or anything. Just could be helpful if you have the chance to get me that info.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    No warnings? Boooo, sometimes stuff happens.

OOOOooooOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    OooOOoo

Ah fuck, somehow I thought I had voted.

oooOoooO

• Options
    So...

voting, eh?

I'm thinking jdarksun purely off of hunch

also shorten

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'll go with SLyM for little.

• Options
    Oh right, Shorten neat idea.

• Options
    I'm also suspicious of SLyM.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    INANTP has helped us get in this position. The least we can do is attempt to help him hit his wincon. Because he missed his kill yesterday, we are at two more days until he supposedly hits his wincon.

We have 9 players left. 2-3 kills a day gives us a chance to help him. If we see a red kill tonight, however, we may have a problem.
    What is his wincon?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

What is his wincon?

You should ask him. He told me when I asked :)

• Options
    After further consideration, I have some doubts about Typhus vote manip is a common mafia power and the past few games have proven it's better to be open about special powers to avoid getting action seered and then culled for not disclosing said powers.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my win con is butts

find all the butts

are you a butt?

gonna find you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Due to circumstances I'll be away for vote close, so I'm extending it two hours because why not. Vote close is now 2 AM EST.

• Options
    You may want to tag inactives that have yet to post so that they don't die.

• Options
    SLyM, for self-preservation.
    CesareB wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »

What is his wincon?
    You should ask him. He told me when I asked :)
    INANTP told me. I was just wondering if Obi wanted to tell the whole class.

• Options
    INANTP hasn't told me D:

• Options
    AM I THE ONLY ONE!?

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    INANTP hasn't told me D:

Did you ask?

• Options
    Okay, so, I gave Obi and INANTP the opportunity to come out in the open with INANTP's claimed wincon, but they apparently decided not to take me up on the offer so I'm going to put it out there.

INANTP claims that his goal is to eliminate at least 1 of each race (human, sylvari, asura, charr, and norn). Mafia are wildcards, they count for whatever he's missing. Once he's killed one of each, he told me that he must survive until the end. So far he has killed 1 sylvari, 1 charr, and 1 mafia. So he needs 2 more, and they must be some combo of humans, asura, norn, and mafia.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Alright, back from my daytrip. I'll go with jdarksun

Hard to keep up with this via phone...

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Now, here's my analysis of that claim. I shared this with Obi but I'm not sure if he's been on since I sent it:

Let's say he is a neutral and being honest about his wincon. In that situation there's still another mafia afoot, and, in order for INANTP to meet his goal, we can't even attempt to kill that mafia tonight because then the game would end with his failure anyway. So if he is a neutral, and he hits a target of his tonight, we've still definitely lost at least 2 villagers (1 from the vote and 1 from his attack), and potentially 1 more from the mafia. I would assume Obi wouldn't be using his vig tonight in that situation. So there would either be 6 or 7 total players left, including INANTP and the mystery mafioso. We would obviously need to keep Obi alive somehow, and hopefully whatever other decent specials we have left. If the mafia kill DOESN'T go through, then we would probably assume that there isn't any more mafia left and the game will only end if we get rid of INANTP. If the mafia kill DOES go through then we can't afford to let INANTP live because doing so means that another night of kills gets us down to, at a minimum, 3 players, which is too few to ensure a village victory.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think there's a situation where enough villagers are alive tomorrow that we can afford to let INANTP go after his wincon. If we hadn't lost so many to inactivus then maybe, but as it stands I just don't see both INANTP and the village winning. We need to kill either him or the remaining mafioso (if there is one) tonight, but if there is a remaining mafioso then killing him makes INANTP's wincon impossible anyway. Even if INANTP is on the up-and-up, he is almost certainly losing anyway just because he'd need insane luck on his part and for none of the other kills, not the vote, not Obi, to hit a mafia in the next 2 days. On the other hand, if he's lying, we won't know it until he's killed off enough of us to genuinely threaten a village victory.

My personal conclusion is that killing off INANTP tonight, via the vote, is our best bet regardless of whether or not there's any mafia remaining.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    rude

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I will also agree with a INANTP vote.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Are we only missing votes from

@typhus733

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Holy shite, earlier I was going to say we should totally not forget to vote today despite how many mafia have eaten it then totally forgot. I'll back obi's Jdark vote because MrT will agree I've offed enough neutrals out of paranoia for now and I don't have anyone better to go on. Anything more substantial for why you're voting Slym Retaba? Also I'm fine with Shortening because mmmh fats.

• Options
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Yea, mine count for three. I double checked that my vote wouldn't cause a tie unless there are other shenanigans afoot. Also if it's any consolation I assume I'm going to be one of the folks INANTP off's for his wincon.

Typhus733 on