As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The most realistic MOBA out there.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Roz wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    In Voyboy's case, he was up against Zed who does a crazy amount of damage but is super squishy. Early armor and health makes a ton of sense.

Do the burns stack? If they do... 5 man sunfire bros.

Once upon a time they did.

That was when the true depth of Bullshit Shaco existed. 5 sunfire capes, his clone got the benefit as well, he was basically unkillable, and melted ENTIRE TEAMS.

Also Garen and his 5 Capes of Suns.

Then they decided it should be a unique passive, and the world returned to normal.

I am not joking when I say Sunfire Shaco was an automatic win.

Oh and this was before you could do Draft in normal. So you couldn't Ban Shaco either.

Also since it was mentioned, this needs to be posted:

MByeG.png

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I didn't see you in-game as Shaco yesterday, have you recovered from your madness?

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    I didn't see you in-game as Shaco yesterday, have you recovered from your madness?

Had family over the last few days, and yesterday we were occupied with other things. Today I have a CE event I am running tech support for. So probably won't be playing until this weekend.

At which time I will resume my descent into madness to truly realize the full potential of Shaco.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Hahaha, what I got out of that was that you had family over and didn't want to show them what you have become.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Hahaha, what I got out of that was that you had family over and didn't want to show them what you have become.

No that part happened when they recognized my desktop and asked if I was a "brony".

That sparked a very interesting conversation as well as a personal viewing session.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No that part happened when they recognized my desktop and asked if I was a "brony".

That sparked a very interesting conversation as well as a personal viewing session.

Pic of desktop?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Pic of desktop?

7rI7D.jpg

Although before I decided to log in remotely and take a screenshot, I tried to find it via Google and found about 15 cooler ones that I may end up using now :D

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Has the Dominion player base taken a turn for the worse recently? I'm consistently having games where I'm getting 4-man ganked in bot lane and my top laners aren't even trying to take the Windmill.

Yes.

The player base is shrinking and I'm certain the matchmaking widened considerably in order to arrange more games.

Are they throwing around any ideas on how to fix this?

The thing they keep on mentioning the most is that they have to figure out how to solve the negative stigma that dominion has.

At the very least Nome has been making small changes and is in fact working on trying to improve the map and the champion balance on it. (things like the fury generation changes and energy regeneration improvements makes playing those champions a lot better than they used to be, since those specific resources were absolutely awful to have on dominion unless your name is Lee Sin, in which case you get by since you are Lee Sin).

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Pic of desktop?

7rI7D.jpg

Although before I decided to log in remotely and take a screenshot, I tried to find it via Google and found about 15 cooler ones that I may end up using now :D

Remote desktop is so nice...

• Options
    Indeed :D

I have a second monitor as well but the desktop is the same so I didn't post that. Honestly I don't use it much beyond IT support for my family. (I have it installed on all their machines, saves me the headache of trying to give instructions over the phone)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    guys i have a job so i cant play as much but its k i have 7.8k ip so i will own all the champs next patch lolo

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    So, apparently they changed Co-op a tiny bit, which confused the hell out of me for a couple of minutes.

You know how when you select the mode, then get in the queue? Then it'll ask if you really want to play when it finds a game? Then five little portraits will pop up, and once they're all full, you go to champion select?

Not that way anymore! They pull up all ten portraits, which makes you think you accidentally clicked on a Normal PvP game, which is the absolute last thing you want to do after the afternoon I had... But it was Co-op anyway.

#PSA themoreyouknow.jpg

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

This was my first thought too.

• Options

I would like a verbatim transcript of said conversation plz.

• Options
    edited January 2013

It wasn't very long, and ended with them asking to watch an episode. Although the phrase "If this was any other show with the same humor and animation I would totally like this" was uttered which was hilarious to me. One of the guys was an aspiring graphic artist and fascinated at the use of Flash for broadcast animation.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I had a dream that lee sin got nerfed
    i-have-a-dream.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    i-have-a-dream.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The thing they keep on mentioning the most is that they have to figure out how to solve the negative stigma that dominion has.

At the very least Nome has been making small changes and is in fact working on trying to improve the map and the champion balance on it. (things like the fury generation changes and energy regeneration improvements makes playing those champions a lot better than they used to be, since those specific resources were absolutely awful to have on dominion unless your name is Lee Sin, in which case you get by since you are Lee Sin).

I really like the changes he's making to Lightbringer (and Sweeper in the patch after this one) to let you passively see traps/stealthed items.

Though honestly I don't see what they can do to solve the stigma outside of some sort of relaunch like they had with new TT.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options

It wasn't very long, and ended with them asking to watch an episode. Although the phrase "If this was any other show with the same humor and animation I would totally like this" was uttered which was hilarious to me. One of the guys was an aspiring graphic artist and fascinated at the use of Flash for broadcast animation.

Afterwards, did you show them a replay of you playing shaco? And were they like, "Please turn back to the other show, dear god my eyes!"

?

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    3-7 ranked placement matches.
    8-1 ranked games after.

This proves placement matches are pure torture and filled with bunch of true newbies. I can carry 1nub maybe 2 but not 3-4.

• Options

Afterwards, did you show them a replay of you playing shaco? And were they like, "Please turn back to the other show, dear god my eyes!"

?

Didn't spend any time on league really. Mostly played Rockband and old SNES games :D

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh HEY! Lee Sin nerfs on the PBE:

Lee Sin
    Safeguard no longer refunds energy when broken down from half refunded if broken.
    Iron Will's Life Steal and Spell Vamp increased to 5/10/15/20/25% from 5/9/13/17/21%
    Iron Will no longer grants bonus armor down from 10/15/20/25/30 armor.
    Cripple's slow / attack speed slow reduced to 20/30/40/50/60% from 30/37.5/45/52.5/60%

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    i-have-a-dream.jpg

Safeguard no longer refunds energy when broken down from half refunded if broken.
    Iron Will's Life Steal and Spell Vamp increased to 5/10/15/20/25% from 5/9/13/17/21%
    Iron Will no longer grants bonus armor down from 10/15/20/25/30 armor.
    Cripple's slow / attack speed slow reduced to 20/30/40/50/60% from 30/37.5/45/52.5/60%

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    So, apparently they changed Co-op a tiny bit, which confused the hell out of me for a couple of minutes.

You know how when you select the mode, then get in the queue? Then it'll ask if you really want to play when it finds a game? Then five little portraits will pop up, and once they're all full, you go to champion select?

Not that way anymore! They pull up all ten portraits, which makes you think you accidentally clicked on a Normal PvP game, which is the absolute last thing you want to do after the afternoon I had... But it was Co-op anyway.

#PSA themoreyouknow.jpg

Yeah, I saw this too, but I thought my client was bugged. Before it started happening, I was in queue and decided I wanted to poop before starting, so I clicked the red X exactly when the accept button came up, and it told me I couldn't leave matchmaking or something. But someone else cancelled too, and the window just hung around for about a minute.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have actually seen a return of back capping recently

it's obviously still fucking atrocious and they lost badly, but it was a thing that happened

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Jungle nerfs
    QyFBF.jpg

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    I see no problem with that.

• Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Every second I can finish first Wolves faster, the better.

Doing Wolves, Blue, Wraiths, Wolves, Red, Wraiths is my favorite route but every time I have to sit by second Wolves for like 5-8 seconds for them to respawn.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm surprised that no one's mentioned that The Lightbringer is getting a new passive that reveals nearby stealthed enemy traps.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm surprised that no one's mentioned that The Lightbringer is getting a new passive that reveals nearby stealthed enemy traps.

Someone did ;)
    Naphtali wrote: »

I really like the changes he's making to Lightbringer (and Sweeper in the patch after this one) to let you passively see traps/stealthed items.

Though honestly I don't see what they can do to solve the stigma outside of some sort of relaunch like they had with new TT.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Jungle nerfs
    QyFBF.jpg
    They updated PBE today to give the small wolves and lizards 50 more health and the small golem 100 more health. Still, though, I'm glad to see they're trying to something about how absurdly painful the new jungle is.

Also RoG is claiming that Amumu's ult no longer stops auto attacks, come on Riot that better not be true.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I thought they were fixing the tooltip to state that it did?

butts
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    iburQ.jpg

IT FINALLY HAPPENED

Are you @Jars vs 2.0?

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    I thought they were fixing the tooltip to state that it did?
    The tooltip already states that enemies are unable to attack or move. According to RoG it was changed to state that it roots.

I just played Singed top against WW by accident, Warwick's sustain is really quite irritating. I guess you can't play passively against him. Also, Rammus is the best on TT.

Oh damn, Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE disqualified from the S3 tournaments

• Options
    To be fair what they did was pretty deplorable.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Did not see that coming from Zekent.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    I've been having fun jungling Malzahar lately. The voidling is a pretty nice tank, especially if he's had time to grow. I start with Call of the Void (silence wall) because it's a short cooldown, and stack my passive up to 3 in the base. I cast a Call of the Void at ~1:30 so that the little dude gets beefed up by the time wolves spawn. With a little help from the team, those wolves die very quickly and I take little to no damage. After blue buff, clearing is an absolute breeze. Lately I've been experimenting with a Machete+Flask start, going 9/0/21. It seems to work - the 3 flask activations plus the biscuit are enough to get me through, and the Flask helps with early mana problems post blue-buff.

Still figuring out the best build path. Early Catalyst->Rod of Ages seems pretty good, but I'm trying to figure out where to get some cooldown reduction.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    I've been having fun jungling Malzahar lately. The voidling is a pretty nice tank, especially if he's had time to grow. I start with Call of the Void (silence wall) because it's a short cooldown, and stack my passive up to 3 in the base. I cast a Call of the Void at ~1:30 so that the little dude gets beefed up by the time wolves spawn. With a little help from the team, those wolves die very quickly and I take little to no damage. After blue buff, clearing is an absolute breeze. Lately I've been experimenting with a Machete+Flask start, going 9/0/21. It seems to work - the 3 flask activations plus the biscuit are enough to get me through, and the Flask helps with early mana problems post blue-buff.

Still figuring out the best build path. Early Catalyst->Rod of Ages seems pretty good, but I'm trying to figure out where to get some cooldown reduction.

Well if you're already starting with a Machete you can push that into Spirit of the Spectral Wraith.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Carnarvon wrote: »

And then I got matched up against Garen top. Sorry guys.

E: Why does this forum not have the [timg] tag? Its so handy for not cluttering stuff up.

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
This discussion has been closed.