As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Age of Wushu] Is this blood? It's bleeding! You shall die!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    There is a Guild Warehouse, but I believe we need to build it, which leads me to believe that we can build a Guild Fort without owning territory, we just can't actually go to it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    And I bet the warehouse can be burnt down.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    I am officially out of food. Any chef able to help a poor beggar out? It would be much appreciated.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Just downloaded this, I'll try it out.

I'd appreciate an invite to the guild, Spawnbroker in game.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Apparently the GMs have put all of the gold spammers in the middle of nowhere in Evil Man's Valley where they're all standing in one spot spamming eachother into oblivion.

that.
    is.
    hilarious.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    Downloadin' this. It gave me a corrupted file error the first time it tried to install so I have another 2 hours and change before I can try to set it up again.

• Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Oh, outta curiosity when you're in a guild do you HAVE to wear the guild uniform?

Mostly I ask because I love blue outfits.

• Options
    No you don't have to wear it.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So foodstuffs, is there any kinda of guild bank where we can stockpile buns or something because this hunger DoT is driving me mad

Unfortunately there isn't. Do give a shoutout in the thread if you need food.

What I did is making a lot of crafting mats for cooks (hunting boars for smashed meat and pig blood, farming for wheat) and I've been trading that with the cooks in the guild for food. I'm afraid my dough is still with a guild member whose name I've forgot, but it's a nice way to get fed.

I'd be the one with all your Flour/etc... and made you 50 of those cakes and was waiting on smashed meat... RL has been a bit busy here and there, so I'll try to log back in and make what you need. Lemme know when a good time is?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Okay I applied for guild membership. YuPianZhou. Is there a way to friend people wihtout right clicking names?

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    In as Jiansho. I'll try to join the clan/guild asap.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So foodstuffs, is there any kinda of guild bank where we can stockpile buns or something because this hunger DoT is driving me mad

Unfortunately there isn't. Do give a shoutout in the thread if you need food.

What I did is making a lot of crafting mats for cooks (hunting boars for smashed meat and pig blood, farming for wheat) and I've been trading that with the cooks in the guild for food. I'm afraid my dough is still with a guild member whose name I've forgot, but it's a nice way to get fed.

I'd be the one with all your Flour/etc... and made you 50 of those cakes and was waiting on smashed meat... RL has been a bit busy here and there, so I'll try to log back in and make what you need. Lemme know when a good time is?
    All right, I'll grind a new stack, the current one I traded for food because of malnutrition. ^^

• Options
    Cobell wrote: »
    Okay I applied for guild membership. YuPianZhou. Is there a way to friend people wihtout right clicking names?

Click the Social button near the bottom right, go to search player.

• Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    So I decided to give this a shot. Despite being a very casual player which means i'm most likely going to die a lot, but i felt like giving this a whirl to pass some time.

Hit up Shisen or whatever.

*Edit - I got to the point where I can directly apply to the guild, so I did that.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    I'm getting Eve Online vibes from this game, except I'm not bored to tears while playing this.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I think we have a number of us at "Untapped Potential" and as I've been told that is when you can run Twilight Village. Hopefully this weekend we can get some Wangmen together and run it.

On a different note, just an FYI;

There really aren't any classes in Wushu. You have your "Discipline" of course which gives you a load of skills and themes for a class, but as far as I can tell nothing is stopping you for going out and buying a bunch of skills for other weapons and basically creating your own class. Though the main difficulty in doing that is figuring out just what your custom class is (DPS, Tank, support, so on) and finding the appropriate Internal Skill that compliments the stats you'll need.

Caveat to that is it'd probably take a fair bit of knowledge and a keen grasp of the game's systems to really pull off.

Axen on
  • Options
    Not to mention that skills aren't that... Open. Say I use my longboxing skills, suddenly all of my Staff skills go on a synced cooldown.

• Options
    Sitting on 30/100 nutrition. Despite trying to sell stuff for rather cheap last night, I couldn't get a single hit.

I'm trying to gather the materials to make Blue Satin Pants, since I have the pattern for it. Apparently, there's some mini-game you can do to increase the value of an item you're crafting? I haven't been able to mess with that, yet... but I like the idea. If it looks like it has nice stats, I'll roll out several pairs once I've gathered the materials, and I'll find a place to meet up so I can hand them out.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Not to mention that skills aren't that... Open. Say I use my longboxing skills, suddenly all of my Staff skills go on a synced cooldown.

I think there is a global cooldown for pretty much everything aside from your basic attack.

I know if I use a Dagger ability all of my other Dagger skills are on a one second or so cooldown.

@Nerdtendo

Yeah the mini-game adds, basically, a bonus enchantment. So far all I have seen is stuff for Life skills like "Blacksmith's 'forging' skill will have chance to add bonus to item when used" or some such.

Things with those skills do sell for more then items without. So it can be handy. Plus I find the mini-game totally entertaining (basically it is Bejewled).

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    I made a steamed bun making alt with a throw-away email. I just started yesterday so I don't have a plethora of them yet, but when I get on later I'll have some around that I can share (I was also planning on selling the extras I might have, but would rather not see starving wangs falling down exhausted all over the place). Just ask me (guy's name is Qasamir) and I'll hook you up with what I can.

• Options
    I have an extra account, too... and I'm a dumbass for not thinking about that. Having an alt whose entire purpose is to roll out food stuffs is pretty much a "duh".

Course, that means I have to go through a third party, or figure out how the hell the mailing system works to get the food to my main.

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    It's pretty easy. You have to buy carrier pigeons (I think from any npc that sells general goods... I think I bought a stack of mine from a doctor out in the middle of nowhere). They were pretty cheap (though I can't recall the exact cost). Then you just mail them to whoever. You can only mail one thing thing at a time (so send a big stack of steaming buns to get your money's worth), so I don't think that method is too practical for sending lots of things inbetween characters.

Other way you could probably do it is just have two instance of the game open and do a face to face trade.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

I think there is a global cooldown for pretty much everything aside from your basic attack.

I know if I use a Dagger ability all of my other Dagger skills are on a one second or so cooldown.

@Nerdtendo

Yeah the mini-game adds, basically, a bonus enchantment. So far all I have seen is stuff for Life skills like "Blacksmith's 'forging' skill will have chance to add bonus to item when used" or some such.

Things with those skills do sell for more then items without. So it can be handy. Plus I find the mini-game totally entertaining (basically it is Bejewled).

He's talking about the second set of skills you get from your school. For example in a Wudang, I Learnt the breeze sword set of skills when I joined. At internal 5 I was given a second set yajin sword. Using a skill from one of those sets creates a lengthy cooldown (about 30-40seconds) on the other effectively forcing me to use one set or the other. On the upside it's possible to use the F key hot bar below the normal hot bar to bind a weapon and/or internal skill to a numbered hot bar so you can effectively swap roles between fights.

• Options
    I just got to the guild administrator, and I tried to send a request to join the guild. I got the message "You must raise your skills before you can join a guild."

Is there a minimum internal skill level I need to apply for a guild? I've pretty much only been leveling internal. I'm at Self Recollection 3 and Seven Limitations Manual 1

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm definitely down for running twilight village tonight, I hit level 17 of my internal skill this morning so I am feeling rather badass at the moment. I can also farm a bunch of wheat if our chefs need the materials to feed other people in the guild, I have a bunch of liang that I can buy a massive amount of wheat/farming stuff so I'm happy to provide that

edit: mailing is pretty easy, but you need to buy carrier pidgeons from one of the npc vendors, if you have that you simply pop in the name of your main, set the money thing to money delivery (you don't have to send any money) and pop your items in.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    I just got to the guild administrator, and I tried to send a request to join the guild. I got the message "You must raise your skills before you can join a guild."

Is there a minimum internal skill level I need to apply for a guild? I've pretty much only been leveling internal. I'm at Self Recollection 3 and Seven Limitations Manual 1

Yeah there is a minimum "strength" needed, I forget what it is. It shouldn't take too long to reach.

Also, just focus on your Internal Skill form your school. I made the mistake of doing Self Recollection to like 6-7 and then worked up the other. Kind of put me behind everyone else. I have the first one at 6 or 7 and my school one is now 10 and I just reached "Untapped Potential".

@Norgoth

Ah, I'm not one of those fancy pants two weapon people so I guess I wouldn't noticed. :P

• Options
    Oh, and for trying that twilight village place today, I'd be up for that as well (I hit 16 this morning, so I *think* I'm strong enough for that... could be wrong, though).

• Options
    Okay, must have been a bug. I reloaded the zone and I can apply now.

• Options
    so, I still haven't gotten my second set of skills, I've run around my school looking for a new quest to get it done, but the only person who has a quest for me is the lady who wants me to go fight in a battleground. She is supposed to teach me my second set of skills, and the third one doesn't even have a quest marker above his head yet (according to the help guide link thing)

I went through and did the quests to 'learn' how to spy and how to beat up kidnappers and shit, but still nothing for training. Luckily the moves I do have are all fucking badass scorpion moves because royal guards are pimp.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I thought I read somewhere you won't get the 2nd set of skills until your first one is up to 30 (I could be wrong as I can't remember where I heard that). And by second set of skills I'm thinking of the second school internal skill thing... My grasp of the lingo in this game is still under development.

Kass on
  • Options
    So I just did a spy mission, which was a lot of fun. I died twice to higher level players roflstomping the shit out of me, but I got 5 pieces of information. It gave me something like 50 experience and 25 Liang, which is pretty good money. I'm not sure on what I was doing or how to tell if someone is an offline courier, but it was fun.

Anyone know how I patrol while offline? It seemed like a lot of people were doing that.

• Options
    The people you steal the intel on all have the title 'scout' in one variation or another, depending what school you're spying on. To become an offline patrol person, erm.. I think that's just an offline NPC job you may get, depending on what the game assigns you as if you log out in your school (I'm not sure if you can request a specific job, or if there are any benefits from getting assigned one offline job vs another).

• Options
    Oh I see, it just randomly assigns you a job when you log out. That's cool, do you get paid for it?

• Options
    I don't think you get paid any money, but you gain some cultivation points.. maybe a few other things. When you log back in you get a message saying something along the lines of 'claim x,y,z rewards for doing your job while you were away'. You click the button and get them (the ones I remember off the top of my head are +cultivation points and +health/energy/etc).

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Pretty sure you get paid in the rewards section when you next log in. The thing is you're not always going to have a job.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Apparently the GMs have put all of the gold spammers in the middle of nowhere in Evil Man's Valley where they're all standing in one spot spamming eachother into oblivion.

that.
    is.
    hilarious.

mr-burns-evil-grin.jpg

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Spy Missions:
    you get 5 liang per information you successfully steal, you can only steal information from the players marked as scouts, the patrol players will randomly do a search in front of them and if you are close, you might get 10 points added to your exposure. When you hit 80 exposure, you are identified as a thief and can be attacked by anyone in the school.

You can also do patrol missions in your school, this lets you actively go look for spies in your school, these players can be identified with an orange lantern symbol thing above their head, so when you are spying avoid these people. Each time they try to identify you, you get 30 exposure added, so if they do it 3 times to you, you get identified and they can kill you.

Being a patrol officer online actually boosts your exp cultivation by 10% so its a good way to get xp cultivated faster.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @Darmak
    @Aldo
    @Mith

Sorry for dropping out on you guys last night. My internet picked the loveliest time to kick the bucket for a few hours.

DesmondPfeiffer on
  • Options

World Boss Encounters!

Event Date:
    April 17th - April 19th
    Daily start at 19:30 Server Time (CDT)

Event Details:

World Bosses are on a rampage! Gather your forces and drive them back for your chance at a rare Array, Sixfold Unity!

During the event, world bosses will spawn periodically from 19:30 to 21:00 at Tiger Hill Gate near Suzhou (850 425).

Only 1 quest item will be dropped by the boss. Good luck with your rolls!

• Options
    I see that as a great opportunity to go and get killed by other, more experienced players. I'm all for it!