Options

Existential [Chat]s

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I'm going to be very afraid when Geth becomes self aware.

All this has happened before.

All this will happen again.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    IcyLiquid can you program Geth to love?

There is no space. Its all filled with hate.

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

488W936.png
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Why do we need a higher purpose?

I was born, I eat, I shit, I fuck, I die.

Good enough for me.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    aaaaand now I'm running back

Act 4, begin

It's like Der Ring des Nibelpoopen

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Existentialists give up too easily. Even if the universe is pointless doesn't mean we can't still do stuff for ourselves and make an overarching purpose.

the whole point about existentialism is that "giving up" is always the wrong choice to make because we are inherently meaning-creating machines and it is impossible to live without meaning

looks like someone didn't read their h-dawg and camus close enough

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Yes

keep posting existentialist pets so that the next time someone gets all philosophic on me I will be hit by an irresistible urge to pet them

Aww you think Ayn Rand is a good political philosopher that's adorable.

488W936.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Knock four times on the door to unhappiness.

Or three times, I forget how many times.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Leaning, meaning machine

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Existentialists give up too easily. Even if the universe is pointless doesn't mean we can't still do stuff for ourselves and make an overarching purpose.

the whole point about existentialism is that "giving up" is always the wrong choice to make because we are inherently meaning-creating machines and it is impossible to live without meaning

The whole "giving up" thing is such a high school interpretation of existentialism.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »
    I'm going to be very afraid when Geth becomes self aware.

All this has happened before.

All this will happen again.

So I suppose he's a Cylon now.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I complimented a girl on facebook because she's lost a lot of weight lately and she's proud. Someone sent me a message
    dont lead [girl] on
    just because she doesnt look completely unfuckable anymore doesnt mean you should fuck her.

I think he was trying to somehow defend her? Maybe?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-big-rig-crash-20130520,0,2642136.story
    Big rig carrying fruit crashes on 210 Freeway, creates jam

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Here's me confusing them with nihilists again.

488W936.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The Retron 5 and its controller looks really ugly, but its functionality intrigues me.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-big-rig-crash-20130520,0,2642136.story
    Big rig carrying fruit crashes on 210 Freeway, creates jam

emot-golfclap.gif

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    entropy is an adjunct college professor for the wisconsin technical college system under scott walker

hes bitter because he makes less than an assistant manager at mcdonalds

Asst. Manager at McD's has a harder job, and is probably more fair with schedule slippage.

Ah, it is clear you have never been on the hook for at least 25 shitbags who don't care about what you're trying to teach them and if you don't get good reviews from them by the end of the semester your contract won't be renewed, and you barely make more than minimum wage.

Gotta keep that pass rate up!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Yes

keep posting existentialist pets so that the next time someone gets all philosophic on me I will be hit by an irresistible urge to pet them

Aww you think Ayn Rand is a good political philosopher that's adorable.

Rather the far opposite end.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    g0775bd01.jpg

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I complimented a girl on facebook because she's lost a lot of weight lately and she's proud. Someone sent me a message
    dont lead [girl] on
    just because she doesnt look completely unfuckable anymore doesnt mean you should fuck her.

Just forward the message directly to her. Publicly on her wall.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    dont lead [girl] on

Sounds like he's just a dickbag who gets jealous when other people pay her attention.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    The main thrust of Heidegger is that learning that what we are IN ACTUALITY is a death is the most liberating thing, because our actual being is nothingness and we exist in a sort of "becoming" state wherein we are simultaneously whatever is possible

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I just want a robot that can organize my shit

so he only needs to be shelf aware

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Why do we need a higher purpose?

I was born, I eat, I shit, I fuck, I die.

Good enough for me.

For you the Earth is given. And from you the Earth will be given again.

You inherit it. We just think about more, sometimes too much.

488W936.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Knock four times on the door to unhappiness.

Or three times, I forget how many times.

The Unhappy Man Always Rings Twice

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

I'd still say that "meaning" kinda... well, loses meaning, in that sense. Compared to a divine mandate to not touch certain of your parts in a certain way too much until you die it's a bit less powerful.

I prefer, life is pointless, do whatever you want.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    dont lead [girl] on

he's trying to fuck her.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    oh look

a bunch of video game nerds are quoting nerdy sci fi shit

well color me surprised

should we all grow shitty neckbeards and talk about our waifus or what

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Existentialists need to:

drop ecstasy
    get laid
    drop acid
    adopt a baby animal

order of operations does not matter

Most Existentialists have animals.

Also acid or ecstasy can be surprisingly difficult to find.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    speaking of staring into the abyss

http://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941734_10100106764679918_1783311781_n.jpg

changing to a link just in case

probably not nsfw but you be the judge (highly pixelated goatse)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Stick to jokes about anorexic miscarriage.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    dont lead [girl] on

Just forward the message directly to her. Publicly on her wall.

screencap it

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    AMFE.
    Riker is a big user.
    He used to bang bitches, backhand them, then throw a kitten out an airlock every episode.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Leaning, meaning machine

*pats his gut sadly*

Well, meaning machine at least

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The main thrust of Heidegger is that learning that what we are IN ACTUALITY is a death is the most liberating thing, because our actual being is nothingness and we exist in a sort of "becoming" state wherein we are simultaneously whatever is possible

this has always seemed to be an overly wordy way to express the similar but under-wordy eastern philosophical concepts

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Stick to jokes about anorexic miscarriage.

Just because heder is leaving SNL doesn't mean you get to be the new bitchy queen

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    dont lead [girl] on

Write him back and say "I'll stick my D wherever it is needed, and deserved"

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    geth, kick @MadCaddy from the thread out of respect for recent tradition

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Irond Will. @MadCaddy banned from this thread for recent tradition.

• Options
    don't want to end up in a cell with scheck

i've seen what he does to his bitches

This discussion has been closed.