As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welp, it's that time again: the bi-annual how the fuck are you thread.

oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
Seems I can't stop wondering about you jerks. I miss them pre-reddit days, where I just hung out here and on TotalFark, but Vanilla is hell on my old-ass smart phone and I'm an impatient jerk. With... 842 notifications, apparently. Thanks, Vanilla.

How the fuck are you, SE++? And if you're relatively new, who are you, as well?

Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Pretty good, got a two jobs and few responsibilities between.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I'm afraid I don't talk to strangers.

• Options
    Are your j
    agoaj wrote: »
    Pretty good, got a two jobs and few responsibilities between.

So the jobs are treating you well? I also can't imagine too many scenarios with two jobs where a person doesn't have outside responsibilities. I hope that's working out.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

Nor do I.

I also do not write in starlight

'Cause the words may come out real.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »

Nor do I.

I also do not write in starlight

'Cause the words may come out real.

Chico, I will cage match you. Just you keep it up.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    heya, oog. how you doing?

i've started using reddit myself but only for the pervy bits.

which is pretty consistent with my behaviour as a whole, now that i think about it.

i'm good. not a mod anymore, am now working in video games as a writer and designer.

the dancing boner is my mascot.

• Options

Hotter than usual, but plagued with the usual family shit. Cancer and whatnot.

Who doesn't hit /r/picsofdeadkids every so often?
    which is pretty consistent with my behaviour as a whole, now that i think about it.

i'm good. not a mod anymore, am now working in video games as a writer and designer.

PERFECT. That's rad as fuck to hear. I'm glad you're doing both. Gameswriting as a whole lacks good story crafters, and hell, there you are. Also, it's good to get out of the PAboards from time to time (hi)(for like 3 years). If you show up at a PAX in the near future we should have a "saying Orik's full handle right" contest 'cause I still can.

...Perfection itself.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

I thought I saw you in lolcatsGW
    I really don't want to know if that's really a thing

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Hi oog

I am okay!

I'd ask how you are but you already got that question and I figure you will get it again several times

Sheri on
  • Options
    @Sheri, glad to see you're still around! Still shooting folk to make them look pretty?

Everybody else (and Sheri as well) I did just realize that I forgot to throw something in here about Pip and his love of microwave cooking.

I swear. That guy. Just need to get him away from the microwave for a hot goddamn second.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    im da bes

broken image link
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    In about 8 hours I'll hopefully be in the air, on my 12 hour flight to visit my family for 3 weeks.

So I'm doin' great, other than this anxiety over dealing with all the people and shit I'll have to deal with getting on the proper planes.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    About a year ago I moved to Las Vegas in order to be with my girlfriend.
    1 month into that I started working a dead end job for minimum wage and haven't been able to get an interview since then.
    I feel like my life is in a holding pattern. Just waiting for some critical fuckup to tear it all down.

I'm going to GenCon in August, hopefully I can schmooze my way into a game company there.

Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Compared to this time last year, everything is wonderful thank you.

• Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    Don't post much but oh well

I'm doing alright; one week left on my high school teaching prac; after this, going to AUSPAX and then one semester before I'm qualified to teach

It's fun but my god am I exhausted already.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Things are going pretty well. I got a promotion early this year and moved my whole family to Iowa. My wife finally has a job that can legitimately be called a career and she just became assistant manager of a bank.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    kill me thx

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I have a tiny tiny cut on my lip that hurts when I whistle

but I love to whistle!!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I cannot whistle

But how am I? I guess ok even though I feel the best option for me is still to run away.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    As usual, things are going pretty well for me. Is a collapse inevitable?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am fine. A bit tired today though. Playing through FF8 again which is fuuuuuun.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Reminder incase you forgot while you were away:

JoeUser still the best.

The.

Best.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Lost a close friend back in febeuary and recently learned another is in the hospital with brain injuries although I haven't seen him in a year.

And I'm really shitty at school.

So forgive me if I say its been terrible.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Should create a farming thread and call it Grain Problems.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm doing pretty damn good! Got my associate's degree finished, and within a week had a job lined up.

And in about a week I'll be starting a different, better job.

Feels good, man.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    2013 has been the year of money problems for me.

In about a week that's either going to get a lot better or a lot worse.

Hooray!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I am impatiently waiting for my folks to get up so I can get some coffee.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oogmar wrote: »

Hotter than usual, but plagued with the usual family shit. Cancer and whatnot.

Who doesn't hit /r/picsofdeadkids every so often?

PERFECT. That's rad as fuck to hear. I'm glad you're doing both. Gameswriting as a whole lacks good story crafters, and hell, there you are. Also, it's good to get out of the PAboards from time to time (hi)(for like 3 years). If you show up at a PAX in the near future we should have a "saying Orik's full handle right" contest 'cause I still can.

...Perfection itself.
    i'm glad we understand each other, oog. i'm sorry to hear about the family shit. i hope things improve.

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    It's been a rough year for me. Quit my job at the airport for a new job in January, which dropped be within a month. Unemployed for a bit before I got another job, which I had to walk out on because my bosses were completely unhinged. I've had a handful of interviews but no success, yet. I have enough money to last me for about 7 months if I'm thrifty, so I'm just trying to not think about that. Cause it's scary.

Still depressed, unemployment isn't helping. Trying to fill my time between applying to things with making art, which has been fun. I'm extremely lucky to have an awesome support system, my mom and Annie have been really great and not made me feel like the giant failure that I feel like most of the time.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hi oogmar!

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Pretty good year so far. Finished my degree, will be going abroad to teach English in a few months.

The only thing that really sucks is that I possess negative money at the moment.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Got hats

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Hello oogmar,

We probably haven't interacted before, but it's nice to see someone who remembers Fark being a interesting place.
    I still enjoy the puns and photoshop edits occasionally.

I've had a weird week, as I finally got the nerve to see a dentist recently. I had a back molar removed and set myself up for more future work.

It's healed up a bit now, but it's still kinda weird to have a hole in your mouth. Kinda like having a fat, SD card slot made out of your gumline.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    madly in love and turning 20 next sunday

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    i got a cool new job where i get to travel a ton, work with neat people, work with the newest software, and be rad
    i got a pretty neat boyfriend & we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary
    i have new medications that are making me a mostly healthy person
    i lost 100lbs
    i turned 30
    and i bought a place

i am doing okay, thank you for asking

though i guess i should draw more

also hello oogmar, i remember you as a lady i saw in portland, who apparently thought i was someone else and hated me from a distance? i am still not sure what happened there!

also woo non-horrible redditors, h5
    i am there more than here

mully on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    HI @OOGMAR

I look forward to our eventual run-in at another PAX and the awkward "Wait, where do I know this jerk from?" look on your face :D

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hello oogmar. You don't know me, but that's fine. I hope all is well with you outside of the unfortunate family stuff?

It's been pretty cruisy in my world apart from busting my hand earlier in the year from running on wet concrete.
    Just mainly work, saving for a proper place and trying to get back into drawing regularly.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm awesome.

Working my dead end job to try and save up to go to VFS or something and make movies.

In a completely amazing relationship.

Still ignoring my family pretty aggressively other than my awesome sister.

Running a couple of tabletop RPG campaigns that are wildly fun because my friends are great.

But really, @Oogmar, the question here is: how the fuck are YOU?

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    didn't have any friends or family to spend july 4th with so I made a cheesecake.

A chocolate-chip cheesecake.

Let me tell you, this guy can make a fucking awesome cheesecake, turns out. Except I've been on a good diet and can't eat much of it so if anyone wants to get drunk and eat cheesecake holla' at me

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    madly in love and turning 20 next sunday

Yer jus a bebeh