As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Oh hey, Saints Row 4 is now available for non Brazilians at a lower price.

From the game deals thread:
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    GMG has a 25% coupon for new games right now: http://blog.playfire.com/2013/08/25-voucher-on-best-and-most-recent-games.html?emst=AhENHq9r4S_124967_173712_348

List of qualifying games:
    Ace Patrol
    Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    Castlevania: Lord of the Shadows Ultimate Edition
    Cubetractor
    DuckTales: Remastered
    Europa Universalis IV
    Guardians of Middle Earth
    Guncraft
    Ittle Dew
    Lost Planet 3
    Memoria
    PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
    The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief and the Deluxe Season Pass (Chapter 2 Released!)
    Rayman Legends (Europe Only)
    Rise of the Triad
    Saints Row IV
    Shelter
    Skullgirls
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Europe Only)
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Deluxe Edition (Europe Only)
    Worms Clan Wars

edit: Ends up being 37.50 after the code, I think. It's almost as good as the Nuuvem deal but you'll actually be able to play the damn thing.

After the bug fix, of course.

??? I bought it from Nuuvem and I can play it just fine...

Around the time it was released, Nuuvem's keys for SRIV were changed from region free to region locked. People who bought after that time got the Brazil only key.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Man. Now that SR4 is fixed, I need to find someone for dedicated full playthrough co-op as I play as POTUS Nolan North.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Open to PA group members, NO CONTRIBUTION NEEDED :

signature.png

signature.png

THREE HOURS REMAIN ON THE FINAL DAY!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Man. Now that SR4 is fixed, I need to find someone for dedicated full playthrough co-op as I play as POTUS Nolan North.

You mean Madame President Laura Bailey, right?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So today has been going splendidly.

Packing up in my hotel room this morning to head back from a work trip to Iowa, I see a little green envelope. Turn's out it's:

CPHyxYK.jpg

Thanks, @Kuribo's Shoe!

Uneventful flight to Chicago, uneventful flight to DC. Check email quickly walking to the baggage claim:

cEQegKV.jpg

Thanks very much to @shdwcaster, who, now that I'm caught up on the thread, seems to have taken PAX as an excuse to go on a bit of a gift rampage.

Thanks again to you both. Your classiness is much appreciated. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Reposting for Friday folks.
    Aistan wrote: »
    So i've never done one of these before, figured I may as well test it out since i'm planning something later on and don't want to balls that up.

A game I absolutely love and have played through both the free version and the "HD" version:

signature.png

Open until Saturday evening so if anyone wants it from the sale they still can afterwards if they don't win. Open to PA G&T Adventure team.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Gamefly

Tomb Raider $9.99 with code GFDAUG20

Gamersgate

Fallout: New Vegas $4.99

This got bottom'ed but people should see it because Tomb Raider is so worth $10. And I guess if you haven't played NV either, there you go.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

You mean Madame President Laura Bailey, right?
    Already did that. Now I need to do a playthrough as Mr. President Nolan North.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Godus will have early access on Steam next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIUE0gQvsj8

Adam Sessler has Molyneux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKN7-BdeKzo

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Peter Molyneux?

/runs away

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Peter Molyneux?

/runs away

"Imagine a game where you were a woman running away from bad games. Now that imagination is a reality. You will love this woman. She can die and you can mourn."

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Peter Molyneux?

/runs away

"Imagine a game where you were a woman running away from bad games. Now that imagination is a reality. You will love this woman. She can die and you can mourn."
    Well, that's my prompt for molyjam 2014.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So i ended up getting Rogue Legacy.

i really like it, but gosh darn am i awful at it.

it's been about a thousand years since the family began its quest and i still can't beat the first boss.

So nice to have some resistance! :D

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'll be honest here. You could do a lot worse with $5 than pick up Colonial Marines. I was expecting a war crime based on the terrible reviews. Granted, I'm only 2 hours in, and yeah the combat is repetitive, just point and shoot, and yeah it's not scary in the least, but it's not a bad looking game. I like the UI, the dialogue isn't terrible, and the atmosphere isn't bad either. Definitely evokes Aliens more than Alien fore sure. All the sounds are out of the movie and I'm mildly interested in seeing where the story goes.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    New game from Zachtronics (Spacechem) looks really cool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoeXIr9AvNY

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    This is pretty much your last chance. Choose wisely, guardian of metal.

signature.png

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Word of Warning: the 'Dungeon Siege Complete Pack' is not in fact, complete. It doesn't have the giant Dungeon Siege 2 expansion (Broken World).

Fuck you, Steam.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'll be honest here. You could do a lot worse with $5 than pick up Colonial Marines. I was expecting a war crime based on the terrible reviews. Granted, I'm only 2 hours in, and yeah the combat is repetitive, just point and shoot, and yeah it's not scary in the least, but it's not a bad looking game. I like the UI, the dialogue isn't terrible, and the atmosphere isn't bad either. Definitely evokes Aliens more than Alien fore sure. All the sounds are out of the movie and I'm mildly interested in seeing where the story goes.

I have like $5 in non-survival spending this week, so I said fuck it and bought it.

I was trying to find some youtube videos from people with specs similar to mine to see what sort of performance I would be seeing and holy shit Youtube is off its fucking rocker lately. Between constantly asking me if I'd like to use my real name and then bothering me for a reason when I say no and then telling me that they'll ask me again in the future to this cute bug that is happening where you can't skip ahead in a video at all (instead it just resets to the beginning) with videos just suddenly ending partway through... man, I hate to complain about something that is essentially free, but still, fuck man. You're one of the biggest tech companies in the world, get your shit together.

Anyway, I hope it's good. If anyone else buys it the season pass is currently on sale for $6 on Amazon.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    This is pretty much your last chance. Choose wisely, guardian of metal.

signature.png

The one chosen by the Firebeast, Ormagöden, to venture forth and bring the rock back to the land of metal is...

@DHS Odium

Accept friend request!

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Reposting. Open to everyone in the regular PA group.
    Blendtec wrote: »
    A few months ago I had a contest to celebrate my college graduation. Since then, I had a long and honestly disappointing summer. I was still in my student worker job, applying everywhere I could, always getting the interview but never the offer. 3 weeks ago, that changed. My hard work as a student worker paid off, and I've been hired on full time. Of course, this means a giveaway to celebrate! I'd love to do a contest, but oddly enough working a real schedule means I don't have a lot of free time, so a giveaway will have to suffice. I wish I could do more, but it's one of those "ivory tower" jobs, so I don't get paid a whole lot, but I've got dem benefits.

signature.png

Giveaway starts Thursday night and runs for exactly 4 days (Labor Day). I couldn't find a more appropriate game. I basically do "Papers, Please" all day, except not in a fictional Eastern Bloc country, and I deal with books rather than people. Enjoy.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

signature.png

signature.png

Quick enter that second one!

Congratulations, to @Masume for winning the super extra fun time second gift of Dark Souls!

First one is still open for another 30 minutes!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    I'm so behind, I'm not doing spoils. Least a lot. But @dranyth what dust? I saw from dust, and dust: an alysian tale? I like metroidvana games, even if I have a backlog from somewhere.

@DyasAlure Oh right, Dust: An Elysian Tail is the game we were talking about. Good game.

• Options

JSJF66l.png

5OrvxQZ.png

Damn you neighbor's wifi

daaaaaaaaamn yooooooooooooou

• Options
    edited August 2013
    funny pictures

Damn you neighbor's wifi

Yeah I usually do 10 minute reminders, but I was napping and woke up with 3 minutes left. You can still enter the first :D

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Just in case you don't win one of @KoopahTroopah 's Dark Souls giveaways you can enter mine!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Getting ready to go out for the evening when @Viking decided I needed some Weapon XI in my life, breaking the fourth wall and all - thanks for Deadpool man!

• Options
    funny pictures

Damn you neighbor's wifi

Yeah I usually do 10 minute reminders, but I was napping and woke up with 3 minutes left. You can still enter the first :D

It's actually because Steam was downloading Balonial Marines at like 2.1MB/s and my browsing is slowed down as a result.

Dark Souls won't run on my rig or else I'd totally enter the second one. I wasn't going to enter the first one either, I just wanted to see if I would have made it on time.

• Options
    Ah, you're going to subject yourself to Colonial Marines instead of Dark Souls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iqYuFmzqg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    funny pictures

Damn you neighbor's wifi

It's actually because Steam was downloading Balonial Marines at like 2.1MB/s and my browsing is slowed down as a result.

Dark Souls won't run on my rig or else I'd totally enter the second one. I wasn't going to enter the first one either, I just wanted to see if I would have made it on time.

I know your specs.

It'll run.

Stop fibbing.

Edit: I mean, seriously, it was made for a console - based on hardware from like 10 years ago. :P And it's not like they updated anything when they ported it. Anything. At all.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited August 2013

signature.png

signature.png

Congratulations, to @Masume for winning the super extra fun time second gift of Dark Souls!

First one is still open for another 30 minutes!

Praise the sun!

Congratulations to @Talus9952 for winning the first super fun gift time of Dark Souls!

Now go forth and die with each other. Sunbro for jolly cooperation!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Hmmmm 25% off of Saints Row 4.

Very tempting.....

• Options
    I mean, seriously, it was made for a console - based on hardware from like 10 years ago. :P And it's not like they updated anything when they ported it. Anything. At all.

Steam says it needs a 3GHz C2D E6850 with 2GB of RAM and a 4870, and I have a 2.13GHz E6400 with 4GB of RAM and a 4850

I want to wait until I have a rig that can do it justice though, because it seems like the kind of game where good reflexes are key, so I'd want something that I could play it on without having to worry about framerate dips.

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    I mean, seriously, it was made for a console - based on hardware from like 10 years ago. :P And it's not like they updated anything when they ported it. Anything. At all.

Steam says it needs a 3GHz C2D E6850 with 2GB of RAM and a 4870, and I have a 2.13GHz E6400 with 4GB of RAM and a 4850

I want to wait until I have a rig that can do it justice though, because it seems like the kind of game where good reflexes are key, so I'd want something that I could play it on without having to worry about framerate dips.

Makes sense, but the problem with that is that may not be possible. GFWL is dying and there hasn't been any word as to if Dark Souls will be patched. Unless you have a console.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    So I've got Rogue Legacy, Prison Architect, Towns, Gnomoria in my cart but I'm not sure about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any suggestions for any of them? I heard Rogue Legacy was great, but I haven't heard much about Towns or Gnomoria and both are very intriguing to me but are very similar in their descriptions.

I'm in this situation as well... kind of. Just doing what I usually do. Add games to my cart. Let them sit there. Stare at them. Try to decide if I want to remove a game, or switch it out. I'll probably do what I usually do and just decide against it. Mainly cause I know some of these games will hit a cheaper price. I've been doing this for the last hour roughly.

/sigh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They'll have to do something with GFWL games on Steam, otherwise you'll have quite a few pissed off people who paid for it only to see it later become unplayable. Worst case scenario is maybe refunds? I don't know how hard it would be to patch it out, but they've got just shy of a year to do it.

There are plenty of games that have been removed from Steam, but as far as I know none of them have been rendered unusable. Part of the deal is that if you purchased the game before it was pulled, you can still redownload it and play it afterward.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to @KoopahTroopah for Dark Souls...apparently I'm one of the few left on earth who haven't played this yet. Anything I should know other than I need to prepare to die often?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Masume wrote: »
    Big thanks to @KoopahTroopah for Dark Souls...apparently I'm one of the few left on earth who haven't played this yet. Anything I should know other than I need to prepare to die often?

DSFix.

And make sure you have a controller.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Hey, I was looking through the Greenlight sale and saw Edge of Space. It looks a little like Terraria? Is it like Terraria? Is it fun?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They'll have to do something with GFWL games on Steam, otherwise you'll have quite a few pissed off people who paid for it only to see it later become unplayable. Worst case scenario is maybe refunds? I don't know how hard it would be to patch it out, but they've got just shy of a year to do it.

There are plenty of games that have been removed from Steam, but as far as I know none of them have been rendered unusable. Part of the deal is that if you purchased the game before it was pulled, you can still redownload it and play it afterward.

Yeah especially one as super popular as Dark Souls is. I can't imagine them just stopping supporting the game after creating a whole new edition just for PC gamers.
    Masume wrote: »

DSFix.

And make sure you have a controller.

Just got a third copy for my IRL friend who hasn't played it but played Demon Souls. First thing I told him was to grab a controller and linked him to DSFix. Two very important requirements.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm really tempted to pick up Prison Architect but the people on the forums are saying the game is still overpriced, even at 40% off...

This discussion has been closed.