As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Work appropriate [chat]

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

i was the best nicki minaj mage the world has ever seen ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Being vegetarian or vegan has got to be the most miserable experience if you go out dining unless you're wealthy.

Nope. The only places I even have trouble are like the Applebees and Fridays chain sports bar type places, and I wouldn't want to dine there anyway.

That's why I said wealthy.

You're the 1%.

I'm not going to get into the numbers of exactly how not 1% I am

but let me assure you

shit is tight at the moment and the last time I bought shoes was not this calendar year.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ronya wrote: »
    indian_food_1000_0096.jpg

damn it, too slow

Where is the beef?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

can

i

be

a

paladin

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I get social anxiety from time to time but lately I've been alright, have hung out several times with people I'd never spoken to in person before and had good times. Alcohol probably helped a bit

we thought you were kind of weird and talked about how weird you were after you left last night!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    @ronya

oh god that looks so fucking delicious.

Also, 499kb? Close one, son.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Taco Bell is also super vegetarian friendly.

Not so much vegan, though.

See, I wouldn't eat Taco Bell either.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Being vegetarian or vegan has got to be the most miserable experience if you go out dining unless you're wealthy.

Nope. The only places I even have trouble are like the Applebees and Fridays chain sports bar type places, and I wouldn't want to dine there anyway.

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

shit is tight at the moment and the last time I bought shoes was not this calendar year.

i have bought 2 pairs of shoes in the last 6 years

gobby pls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

can

i

be

a

paladin

yes but you'll be treated with some hostility

• Options

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

gobby pls

yes but you're basically the fat vampire from Blade

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    god fucking dammit ronya
    I want some

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

You know what, Fuck the internet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this was probably not an official Marriott thing so much as a random hotel manager trying to do something nice.

Yeah, it fell flat and looks silly, but Im sure the heart was in the right place.

For a minute I wasn't sure if you were making a rather tasteless joke or not.

But seriously - someone trying to do something good / nice. Probably have strict limits on what they could do, and that was the limit of their autonomy.

Also, holy shit...Benghazi was a year ago. Time flies when you get older.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

gobby pls

My shoes almost date back to high school.

Pretty sure TL DR is 1%ing it in this thread.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

You know what, Fuck the internet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this was probably not an official Marriott thing so much as a random hotel manager trying to do something nice.

Yeah, it fell flat and looks silly, but Im sure the heart was in the right place.

I'm trying to understand the time window, if anything else... They are very weird and arbitrary times to have picked, as they don't line up with when the planes hit or anything.

I dunno. Maybe breakfast service is light at that time and they could get bob to put in a few trays of muffs.

• Options

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

gobby pls

yes but you're basically the fat vampire from Blade

best vampire!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Taco Bell is also super vegetarian friendly.

Not so much vegan, though.

ate so much taco bell w/ indian ppl after indian sunday school

poo
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I'll be getting GTA V on PS3.

But I won't ever play multi-player so I guess I don't really count?

But we can have orgies together!

Did I say I wouldn't play online? I meant I'll always be online for you.

Is... is Sarks gonna be involved in these orgies?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomte

• Options

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

gobby pls

Yeah but you're a software engineer

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Is there not already precedent regarding passwords?

The issue here is that a fingerprint is not a password.

Fingerprints can be left behind in the same way that blood or hair or other fluids / matter can be left behind.

The action of using a fingerprint is a totally different demand.

I'm not sure it is. You can be forced to "use" your fingerprint now.

I would love for you to find me one case where a person was compelled to use their fingerprint to unlock potential new discovery of evidence, as opposed to as a tool to tie a suspect to evidence they have already collected.

edit: we have had simple biometrically locked laptops (which are crude in comparison to the new apple toy and much easier to break into) since the 90s - has there been a single case in 20 years?

I can't find a case either way in re: existing fingerprint scanning on computers.

As for cases where people are compelled to use their fingerprints to unlock new discovery, I will point you to ever case where getting arrested on a DUI turns up an armed robbery suspect. The State keeps a fingerprint database for a reason!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

can

i

be

a

paladin

yes but you'll be treated with some hostility

thats ok i love being a paladin

also the idea that paladins are supposed to be universally loved is lame

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    indian_food_1000_0096.jpg

damn it, too slow

Where is the beef?

it's gone to the great grass field in the sky in somewhere populated by non-hindus, where it is assuredly living a long and contented retirement

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

gobby pls

I still wear shoes from high school, just because they have lasted that long. I've picked up a lot of shoes but they never last

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

You're the 1%.

but let me assure you

I'm...not 1%...maybe 8 or 9%...and I haven't bought shoes this decade.

Probably should get on that though.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    i feel weird around kids tbh

i dont know how to interact with them and i feel like squishing my face up and acting excited about whatever they are excited about is weird and inappropriate

god damn you chris hansen

I was at a barbeque and there was a kid (toddler? I think he was like, 2 and a half, I dunno what those age divisions are) who went out doors which I guess he was not supposed to do. I was nearest the door so I started kind of jogging after him like, hey, no, stahp, why are you running away babby, you're supposed to stay in. Meanwhile I was just kind of looking back at the other adults/parents trying to get clarification on like, if I'm supposed to pick this kid up and drag him back or like, try to reason with him.

Children substantially compound my already bad enough social retardation.

i think you are supposed to slide tackle them in that situation?

This is correct.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Ronya

DAMN YOUR DELICIOUS FOOD POST!

I want Indian food now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    that engineering vp needed to be punched in the face

my background is muppet beaker this is incontrovertible.

Oh those were the biggest screamers. "My kid's picture! This was the only place it was saved!" "Where is my japanese block painting? Who is this old guy?" The process also didn't run to well on some of the shittier PCs, so we got actual performance calls.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

He's on the 360, so no.

Unless he snatches the controller from me, which is likely.

• Options
    All these people with their fancy shoes.

Here I am with a fridge and TV.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Paladins suck.

Blackguards 4 lyfe

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

He's on the 360, so no.

Unless he snatches the controller from me, which is likely.

So you're saying mid orgy it may switch from Mim to Sarks.....

I can dig it.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Oh, maybe you guys can help me then if'n ya'll know about Indian food. In all the pictures I see, people seem to put all kinds of stuff into those metal bowls. I was just using them to put what appeared to be sauces in and them dipping the bread things in them. I think I may be doing it wrong.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2013
    Henroid wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Is there not already precedent regarding passwords?

The issue here is that a fingerprint is not a password.

Fingerprints can be left behind in the same way that blood or hair or other fluids / matter can be left behind.

The action of using a fingerprint is a totally different demand.

I'm not sure it is. You can be forced to "use" your fingerprint now.

I would love for you to find me one case where a person was compelled to use their fingerprint to unlock potential new discovery of evidence, as opposed to as a tool to tie a suspect to evidence they have already collected.

edit: we have had simple biometrically locked laptops (which are crude in comparison to the new apple toy and much easier to break into) since the 90s - has there been a single case in 20 years?

I can't find a case either way in re: existing fingerprint scanning on computers.

As for cases where people are compelled to use their fingerprints to unlock new discovery, I will point you to ever case where getting arrested on a DUI turns up an armed robbery suspect. The State keeps a fingerprint database for a reason!

That's a different thing. They have a murder weapon or a gun used in a crime with a fingerprint on it. You get arrested and get your prints taken, and your prints tie you to evidence already collected in another case.

They cannot force you to give them evidence without a court of law compelling them to do so, and even then I think because of the nature of it being a biometric password, you may not even have to do it then, citing the 5th.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Fuck pictures as a desktop.

Mine's black and fuck you. It got to the point where I was so sick of getting eyebleeds in school I wrote a script to replace all of the backgrounds on all of the lab computers from ITT Tech's BLUE ass logo to a nice mellow dark gray. I was a hero.

• Options
    You're basically expected to slide tackle any child under the age of 10 who is heading toward a place where he doesn't belong. Examples include:

Child running into street.
    Child wandering toward edge of pool.
    Child opening drawer containing wife's naughty massage tool.
    Child touching your action figure collection.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bowen

I mock people for much less

compel me in 3 sentences or less not to make your new thing ITT Tech guy.

• Options
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

Wait how are you still paying off a 2003 car?

I'm on the last year of a 2008 car that was a year old when I got it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    i feel weird around kids tbh

i dont know how to interact with them and i feel like squishing my face up and acting excited about whatever they are excited about is weird and inappropriate

god damn you chris hansen

imagine they are an adult who really likes pokemon

then talk to them

This is exactly right. Kids will humor an adult who does a fake put-on with them and makes faces and censors themselves and feigns interest in the things they say. By man, if you talk with them earnestly, speak to them like a peer, listen to what they have to say, demonstrate actual knowledge of the things they like, and show emotions other than saccharine condescension, they will love you so hard and cling to your leg and try to make sure you cannot leave.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think I'm not productive enough at work

but I can hear the guys making six figures having a passionate argument about superman and kryptonite

sooooooo

This discussion has been closed.