As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Work appropriate [chat]

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Pony wrote: »
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

can

i

be

a

paladin

yes but you'll be treated with some hostility

Can I be a (breath)
    Robot zombie druid that turns into a robot zombie bear that shoots bees out of its mouth? I am flexible on if the bees are robots/undead or a combination of such.
    We did this in 4ed at 1st level, other people got mad.
    revenant warforged swarm druid

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i have a phobia of children :C

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    kids rule

sawyer rules

poo
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i feel weird around kids tbh

i dont know how to interact with them and i feel like squishing my face up and acting excited about whatever they are excited about is weird and inappropriate

god damn you chris hansen

imagine they are an adult who really likes pokemon

then talk to them

This is exactly right. Kids will humor an adult who does a fake put-on with them and makes faces and censors themselves and feigns interest in the things they say. By man, if you talk with them earnestly, speak to them like a peer, listen to what they have to say, demonstrate actual knowledge of the things they like, and show emotions other than saccharine condescension, they will love you so hard and cling to your leg and try to make sure you cannot leave.

This is why I don't actually engage in topics with children.

I'm chock full of information on cartoons, video games, comic books, rad nature stuff, and crazy stories. I'd never get rid of the buggers.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    basically lock all babies in a vault until they turn 14

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

Wait how are you still paying off a 2003 car?

I'm on the last year of a 2008 car that was a year old when I got it.

I had about $5k in the budget when I bought it ~2 years ago and took a loan for $9k to use the surplus to knock out one of my smaller high-interest student loans.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    basically lock all babies in a vault until they turn 14

And lock all teenagers in a different vault until they turn 30.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Is there a good shibboleth for Redditors?

I want to set up a free donut/muffin stand tomorrow morning for my rando commuting brethren. Anyone who reveals himself to be an Internet American is getting punched in the dick.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

i dont know how to interact with them and i feel like squishing my face up and acting excited about whatever they are excited about is weird and inappropriate

then talk to them

This is exactly right. Kids will humor an adult who does a fake put-on with them and makes faces and censors themselves and feigns interest in the things they say. By man, if you talk with them earnestly, speak to them like a peer, listen to what they have to say, demonstrate actual knowledge of the things they like, and show emotions other than saccharine condescension, they will love you so hard and cling to your leg and try to make sure you cannot leave.

I was at my niece's 7 year old's birthday party the other day (oh dear god I'm old now kill me) playing minecraft on my ipad which somehow elicited the herd of children to cluster around me and begin an indepth discussion about minecraft and surprisingly one of the third graders there proudly championed the "PC MASTER RACE" platform it was so adorable

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've been screamed at by a customer for not putting their desktop icons in the same circular pattern they were in before his PC was re-imaged.

/supportlyfe

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Fuck pictures as a desktop.

Mine's black and fuck you. It got to the point where I was so sick of getting eyebleeds in school I wrote a script to replace all of the backgrounds on all of the lab computers from ITT Tech's BLUE ass logo to a nice mellow dark gray. I was a hero.

Mine is a continuous slideshow of incredible vistas at 3840x1200 resolution, spreading across both my monitors.

At home my desktop is white with a center tile of this
    HwF6CUE.jpg

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Dark age of camelot has given me a life long hate-on for tomte's. I think they were in city of heroes also.

@bowen might remember the tomte lair or whatever that hellhole was called in midgard.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Anyone with a "Chive On" shirt is getting pooped on.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Bowen

I mock people for much less

compel me in 3 sentences or less not to make your new thing ITT Tech guy.

I've talked about it ad nauseum in [chat].

I'm surprised it's taken you this long.

You should make fun of yourself.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

I want to set up a free donut/muffin stand tomorrow morning for my rando commuting brethren. Anyone who reveals himself to be an Internet American is getting punched in the dick.

"ephebophile"

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

then talk to them

I will be sure to keep my saccharine condescension face going.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    My checking account balance is less than my upcoming (2003) car payment. AM NOT FIVE FIGURE BALLIN

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bowen are you the mousey girl in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukGKzhw3lgM

If you are that makes literally every one of your posts 1000x funnier.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

When does the narwhale bacon
    why do I know this, god damn it Cass

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Children are OK I guess

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    butts.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i think they have a secret phrase... "the narwhal bacons at midnight" or something?

• Options
    I'm jealous of children because they get to act in public with the level of enthusiasm that I wish I could show for things

• Options
    edited September 2013

bought car used.
    took out 60 month loan?

had $5000 miles on it, was $3000 less than blue book.

If I sold it right now I could make a profit of almost $8,000 back to the dealer. It was a really good buy. That's after I pay off the rest of my loan.

bowen on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm jealous of children because they get to act in public with the level of enthusiasm that I wish I could show for things

You can do this anyway.

• Options
    Bowen are you the mousey girl in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukGKzhw3lgM

If you are that makes literally every one of your posts 1000x funnier.

Shit they're on to me.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Bowen

Protip
    When a guy who has a picture of Tom Hiddleston in full Loki regalia on his wall with pink hearts around it and fancies himself a trickster demigod, perhaps it's best not to mock him.

But you went to ITT Tech, I can't expect you to have the whiz bang education of a Full Sail Graduate.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

"When the narwhale bacons"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    But they were so cute!

m-tomte-thug.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Thanks Guys!

/Prints Narwal Bacon and Muffins Banner
    /Cracks fingers on dick punching hand

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Seems strange that there is no website for Homeworld: Shipbreakers ready before they announced the "this is now officially Homeworld" news.

Also I remember there being a website for it prior to the announcement, like before summer, but I guess that is now taken down.

I want to wank to pictures and shit goddammit.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

You can do this anyway.

maybe on the internet

I'm pretty sure being enthusiastic about video games and shit in real life gets you burned at the stake or something

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I've been screamed at by a customer for not putting their desktop icons in the same circular pattern they were in before his PC was re-imaged.

/supportlyfe

I recently had someone drop off a computer with no instruction other than "it's slow; fix it".

They had a conniption fit when it came back with MSE instead of Norton.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Seems strange that there is no website for Homeworld: Shipbreakers ready before they announced the "this is now officially Homeworld" news.

Also I remember there being a website for it prior to the announcement, like before summer, but I guess that is now taken down.

I want to wank to pictures and shit goddammit.

The signed the agreement at PAX.

Still under the old name.

https://blackbirdinteractive.com/store/

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

then talk to them

I was at my niece's 7 year old's birthday party the other day (oh dear god I'm old now kill me) playing minecraft on my ipad which somehow elicited the herd of children to cluster around me and begin an indepth discussion about minecraft and surprisingly one of the third graders there proudly championed the "PC MASTER RACE" platform it was so adorable

A coworker's 8 year old daughter was playing minecraft in his office and I told her the crafting recipe for a jukebox, told her to put in a record and she looked at me like I was a wizard.

These kids with older parents don't know that they narrowly missed having members of the coolest generation raise them! That's right, 9 year old! We can internet and text! We're hip, we share twerk gifs.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Bowen

Protip
    When a guy who has a picture of Tom Hiddleston in full Loki regalia on his wall with pink hearts around it and fancies himself a trickster demigod, perhaps it's best not to mock him.

But you went to ITT Tech, I can't expect you to have the whiz bang education of a Full Sail Graduate.

That's way too many words for me to read.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

can

i

be

a

paladin

yes but you'll be treated with some hostility

Can I be a Disir?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

/supportlyfe

I recently had someone drop off a computer with no instruction other than "it's slow; fix it".

They had a conniption fit when it came back with MSE instead of Norton.

Fuck Norton.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    anyone running norton deserves a swift kick in the vagina

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Bowen

Protip

That's way too many words for me to read.

...because you went to ITT Tech

This discussion has been closed.