As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Speaking of Arma 3 (fun starts at 0:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86mpYxfQQ0

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Serious military simulator.

Also got my first entry for the Altis Screenshot competition.

For those lacking a map you should be able to use this: http://www.recko.name/obrazy/mapy/map_limnos.jpg to mark a random spot.

• Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    @Captain Eleven wins Mark of the Ninja!

@Fiskav wins Trine 2!

Nobody wants FTL! Speak up if you do want FTL!

Sent you two friend requests, add me back (Age Old Sandwich on Steam) and I'll drop some codes on you.

Thanks!! :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I tossed up an Incognita Thread for anyone interested!

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    So has anyone been kicking around with GODUS? Hear there's a lot of clicking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    @Taliosfalcon kindly gifted me a copy of FORCED, which is apparently a coop Gauntlet puzzle action game thing that sounds totally badass. Can't wait to give it a spin :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Got an Adventure Team giveaway.

signature.png

• Options
    Two words (ok, one word): SUPERHOT. Two more words: Greenlight now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAUlPMqnKk

Play the demo at http://superhotgame.com/. It's sleek, vicious and a joy to play. This is one to watch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Man, why don't more games crib ME's simple and clean graphics style

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I've been playing Super Hot for a few days now. The Matrix level where you're running down the hall is annoying because it takes away half the fun, the shooting.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I need to check my emails more often. I missed the Garry's Mod sale and I spent money before realizing Carrier Command was on sale.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Sumanai wrote: »
    (*) HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEAM! (*)

Look at our boy, all grown up! I still remember when he was green and ugly.

otsZZ.jpg

Here's to another 10 years of neverending backlogs! :)

Wow. Those were the days.

I still remember absolutely detesting it at first, as it seemed like a clunky middle-man to my Counter-Strike addiction.

That made me realize I've been playing CS for over a decade.

And that my steam profile is also about to turn 10. I think on Wednesday. Wow.

One of the early versions of Steam was designed in such a way that every button click had to bounce off the Steam server before it did anything.

It was a poor design decision.

Early steam deserves every bit of vitriol leveled at it; it was a piece of SHIT.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    god damn the last time I saw the puke-green Steam I was still on 56k

the idea that your serial key was permanently bound to an account was super fucking alien

i lost like two hl1 keys off my hl1 anthology pack at a lan party because my friends were too lazy to find their discs when we decided to play cs and I had no idea i'll never get them back

maaaaaaaan it was a poor vision of the future

Though I remember back then it totally didn't care if you logged in more than once with same account. I like to think of it as the ultra-alpha version of the new family sharing feature.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    So I've got a spare FTL key here, but I don't really know how to Steam giveaway.
    First to ask gets it I guess?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    My first experience with Steam was it adding about 3 hours to the install process of Half Life 2. I don't remember exactly but I think I must have had really bad internet? Steam needed to update itself, then update again, and again. It took most of the evening and possibly coloured my experience of Half Life, which I still don't like.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    I feel like I missed out on this collective HL2 Steam experience by waiting a month to buy HL2. I'm sure I thought that Steam was weird at the time, but I don't remember having any problems with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Right then, whoever Broodax and Royce are need to PM me to respectively recieve their keys for FTL and Trine 2: Complete edition.

Also no one is interested in my Altis photo contest. Probably because the prize is naff, oh well.

Thanks @Albino Bunny for the Trine 2: Complete edition. Awesome!

RoyceX7 on
    Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Xagarath wrote: »
    So I've got a spare FTL key here, but I don't really know how to Steam giveaway.

You can use the [ codes] code here [ /codes] tag here to give it away. Or go to Steamgifts.com and do it through there. You pick the game you're giving off a list when you make a giveaway, set it to the PA group/s if you so desire, then send the game/email the key to the winner.

Or the first to ask. That works too. (That's not me, to be clear.)

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    I feel like I missed out on this collective HL2 Steam experience by waiting a month to buy HL2. I'm sure I thought that Steam was weird at the time, but I don't remember having any problems with it.

I had it the day it came out and I don't have any negative memories

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »

You can use the [ codes] code here [ /codes] tag here to give it away. Or go to Steamgifts.com and do it through there. You pick the game you're giving off a list when you make a giveaway, set it to the PA group/s if you so desire, then send the game/email the key to the winner.

Or the first to ask. That works too. (That's not me, to be clear.)

Thanks!

FTL code ahead:

Loading...?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They should bring back booger puke green for Steam.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Also absolutely micro contest:

Altis's natural beauty: Okay, so we know Altis is reasonably pretty in Arma 3. We also know that it is fucking huge. So I'm going to run a competition to let people who don't own the game get a little exploration done.

Step 1: Take a map of Altis (old name Limnos in case you see that pop up). Mark a spot on it and PM it to me. Feel free to include details regarding time of day if you feel it will make a difference.

Step 2: I will go to every location, look around and take the best screenshot that I can.

Step 3: The album of screenshots will then be posted to the thread (as a link, to save bandwidth obviously) without mention of whose spot was whose. Forumers can then send in a vote for any shot.

Step 4: the shot with the most votes (tie broke by me in the case of one) will win their choice of either NATO, CSAT or independant Steam camo background and emoticon (barring them skyrocketing in price).

Still only got one entrant for this. Go on guys, throw a dart at the map, see where it takes you.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Also no one is interested in my Altis photo contest. Probably because the prize is naff, oh well.

I think it's a great contest - the prize doesn't even really enter into it. :)

I also have absolutely no idea what the place looks like, so I'd be throwing a dart at the wall with my entry.

That is more or less the point.

Dart = Arrow

Point%20on%20map.png?psid=1

Side note, I wish I knew were this was (found why looking for a map), cause who doesn't like stone henge?
    arma-3-altis-map-3-610x344.jpg

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Okay, taken the screenshots for the two entrants I have so far. I could hear my cokmputer cry out as I maxed out the visibility for it.

EDIT: I actually do not know where the stone henge is. I'll have to look for that.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Count me in.

Edit: PMed you

Messy arrow overlooking what I assume is a lake! Looking forward to seeing the screenies and hope collecting them doesn't melt your PC.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Wondering if anyone has tried out Godus through early access?
    Curious to know how it compares to Populous / Black & White at all or just a completely different kind of game.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    There's not any appearance options for Steam, is there? Most forums can be easily css-modded these days, I'm curious as to why there ain't no simple things like changing colour in the client?

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    49 degrees this morning in Ohio. I think it's time to play Costume Quest again.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Panda4You wrote: »
    There's not any appearance options for Steam, is there? Most forums can be easily css-modded these days, I'm curious as to why there ain't no simple things like changing colour in the client?

There are skins you can use to theme the application. Not tried them myself personally but I keep meaning to try the Metro / Win8 looking theme. It looks like a decent flat, neutral colored theme.

Edit: Here are some of the skins available: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161035

DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »

There are skins you can use to theme the application. Not tried them myself personally but I keep meaning to try the Metro / Win8 looking theme. It looks like a decent flat, neutral colored theme.

Edit: Here are some of the skins available: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161035

I never knew about the Metro skin, I've installed it and it looks so good. Thanks!

Florin on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Today was my last day at my internship. So here's a new game, it looks really hard so not for the faint of heart!

signature.png

Open to the Adventure Team, contributers only.

Repost for the Saturdays!

• Options
    You guys should try out Nifflas' neat exploration game, Saira. It would be really convenient if someone posted a key for the game in this thread that you could get just by clicking on it. Hey, what's that over there?

Loading...?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    repost

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I mentioned in the BL2 thread that I didn't have the Psycho yet. Today, I alt-tab out to find that Psycho DLC staring into my soul, courtesy of epic classiness of @Iolo

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    You guys should try out Nifflas' neat exploration game, Saira. It would be really convenient if someone posted a key for the game in this thread that you could get just by clicking on it. Hey, what's that?

Tooken! Thank you, muchly!

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Curious to know how it compares to Populous / Black & White at all or just a completely different kind of game.

I was wondering the same. It looks pretty cool, but I don't really relish the idea of giving Peter Molywhatever any more cash than I have already over the years since he's shown time and again he's full of a lot of good talk that he never delivers on.

Also, why OH WHY does Legend of Dungeon only have local coop. I am sad.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Was "HUNTSMAN: THE ORPHANAGE" in a previous indie bundle? Or how are people getting so many cdkeys for SteamGifts?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Was "HUNTSMAN: THE ORPHANAGE" in a previous indie bundle? Or how are people getting so many cdkeys for SteamGifts?

It was a free key that you got as part of buying an indie game at Amazon this summer.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

I was wondering the same. It looks pretty cool, but I don't really relish the idea of giving Peter Molywhatever any more cash than I have already over the years since he's shown time and again he's full of a lot of good talk that he never delivers on.

Also, why OH WHY does Legend of Dungeon only have local coop. I am sad.

I just want another Black & White, but without the Monster. Just give me god powers and the ability to pick stuff up and throw it and be silly and cast spells and I'll give you my monies. If that's pretty much what Godus is then I will buy the shit out of it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So I started up Skyrim again today.

Last time I did that, I lost 500 hours somewhere.

Doomed, I am.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.