As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moving!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    What would you suggest I do then?

I'm not going to do them for her, she's an adult. And asking does not work. I do not know what else to do, so this is an attempt at a reminder.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I am all for mousework reminders.

This is the best pun!!

god Fyndir, can't you even spell my name right? Its like you don't even know me!

I'll spell your name however I want to, Leeah.

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Taking a look at this one tomorrow.

That looks nice, but not being a dick (this time) but isn't that a lot of stairs for you?

it's a concern for sure. I'm going to evaluate it for a stairlift

Did a walk-through this morning before work.

I really want this house, but the stairs are going to be tricky, and I'll need to build a fence for the backyard.

How long has it been on the market? Do you think you've got some room to negotiate or are they fielding offers already?

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Obviously, I don't know your housemate, but what I'd do is tell her that I'm unhappy with her leaving the dishes, and why (it makes it harder for me to clean my dishes, it clutters up the kitchen, it attracts mice ...). We're both adults, don't make me run around reminding you to do your chores. You know best why the dishes are a problem for you, so tell her why and tell her how much it bothers you. And, as mentioned, bring in your other housemates, because it sounds like they're just as annoyed as you.

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What would you suggest I do then?

I'm not going to do them for her, she's an adult. And asking does not work. I do not know what else to do, so this is an attempt at a reminder.

You have a dumb adult discussion that nobody really likes but you explain to that she doesn't live in a vacuum and the way she is living is impacting everyone else in the flat in a negative way. Then you explain if things don't improve she will be asked to move on.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    I've never heard of a roommate, who acts as Liiya's described hers acting, where that would do anything.

Situation sucks Liiya, I've had a few like that, but sadly don't have any advice - they all moved out or were forced out before changing :(

Psykoma on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I am all for mousework reminders.

This is the best pun!!

god Fyndir, can't you even spell my name right? Its like you don't even know me!

I'll spell your name however I want to, Leeah.

That's a really Ashleigh thing to say bro.

• Options
    Guys I have had those serious adult discussions with her and explained those things, I went so far as to remind her that when she agreed to live here she signed an agreement to keep the communal spaces clean and that she's not doing that.

As Psykoma says, it doesn't do anything and I have tried. Other housemates have also discussed with her. Hence the change of tactic.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Shut up ssssssx

• Options
    Guys I have had those serious adult discussions with her and explained those things, I went so far as to remind her that when she agreed to live here she signed an agreement to keep the communal spaces clean and that she's not doing that.

As Psykoma says, it doesn't do anything and I have tried. Other housemates have also discussed with her. Hence the change of tactic.
    See section two where she gets kicked out.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Taking a look at this one tomorrow.

That looks nice, but not being a dick (this time) but isn't that a lot of stairs for you?

it's a concern for sure. I'm going to evaluate it for a stairlift

Did a walk-through this morning before work.

I really want this house, but the stairs are going to be tricky, and I'll need to build a fence for the backyard.

How long has it been on the market? Do you think you've got some room to negotiate or are they fielding offers already?

Not terribly long, and there are no current offers on the table

I asked the agent to go back to the listing agent with a couple concerns I had, and gauge my negotiating room

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Kick her the fuck out, Liiya. Don't put up with her shit.

• Options

We're having a talk on Saturday, the three of us, with her - I'm going to see if that does anything before jumping to that.

I also want to make sure I'm not overreacting and if anything else can be done first, once that road is gone down its not something that you can go back on which is why I'm cautious.

• Options

have you tried angry sex?

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

We're having a talk on Saturday, the three of us, with her - I'm going to see if that does anything before jumping to that.

I also want to make sure I'm not overreacting and if anything else can be done first, once that road is gone down its not something that you can go back on which is why I'm cautious.

You said yourself you've already talked to her about it before, more than once. She's doing it because she thinks you're too nice and she'll be able to continue getting away with it.

Start looking for a new flatmate.

• Options
    God, no thanks.

• Options
    Look, I"m just saying that 30 years of late-night cinemax has taught me that angry lesbian 3-ways solve most issues in life

easysig2.jpg
  • Options

I don't think angry sex would motivate me to do the dishes.

And even if I wanted to do the dishes I don't think I would be interested in standing after angry sex.

• Options

You said yourself you've already talked to her about it before, more than once. She's doing it because she thinks you're too nice and she'll be able to continue getting away with it.

Start looking for a new flatmate.

I don't think its that bad that it warrants kicking her out. I'll speak to the landlord if I need to, but I'm not the one who can go around kicking people out.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    You always need more compost for roses, though.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Whose dishes is she leaving out? Her own, or the communal ones?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    You always need more compost for roses, though.

Roses do exceptionally well with a slow-release fertiliser compound sprinkled under a woodchip ground covering to keep the weeds away.

Much more important than that, though, is maintenance and pruning technique. Always deadhead your rose bushes (cut off the dying roses, you'll get far more roses over the course of the flowering season this way), and prune to shape the bush to minimise crowding of branches and maximise lightfall on all foliage. Always cut just above a bud, as close as possible, when trimming.

• Options
    Chris knows his stuff!!

The dishes are all communal, no one has their own.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    My room is took all the extra dishes away so everyone had 1 fork, 1 spoon, 1 plate etc. That way you can't eat without doing your dishes

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    You know guys, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I'm kind of happy to be going home to Wyoming. I mean, it aint nothin compared to Seattle for sure, but it's small and quiet, and winter is coming soon, and the winters are so beautiful. I'll chat with my mom and knead bread for her when we bake because of her arthritis, and I'll play with my dog, and give my niece airplane rides. I'll play music with my friends and talk about the stuff I did and saw while I was here. And I've learned stuff being here, so it's not all bad.

Don't worry on me none, folks. I'll be just fine! And we have plenty of money to get home and then some.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Man I haven't checked Passive Aggressive Notes in forever

This is priceless

Qj4vSw4.jpg

IB2u8eK.jpg

Oooh I miss you Windy City.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    So I'm moving into a new apartment next Saturday, and filled out and sent a Change of Address ti the post office so that I'd get my mail forwarded from the old address to the new one starting that day. Last Friday I came home to find a No Name No Mail sign on my door in place of my name. I put my name back on and called the post office, and they assured me they'd continue sending mail there til the move.

On Monday, I decided to stop by the post office after work to double check and see if any mail was being held there, as I didn't get anything over the weekend. They didn't have anything, assured me that it was being taken care of, and told me to call back on Wednesday if I still didn't have any mail.

So I called yesterday because I still hadn't received anything, and they took my information again and assured me that it would be sorted.

Today, I came home to another No Name No Mail sign. i called them up for a third time, and got the same song and dance: what's your name, what are the addresses, we'll let him know to deliver mail, yadda yadda yadda.

My new landlady has been keeping tabs on the mail they receive there, as she's told me that their mailman informs them of any mail he doesn't recognize the person its addressed to. They haven't gotten anything yet.

Moving is so much fun, you guys.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    do it online

only do it online

do nothing else except do it on line

this is the post office we're talking about

they cannot be relied upon to properly handle a piece of paper

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    If the building across the street from that sign is the one I think it is, that's about a block from where my wife lived when we were dating.

Yeah, that note's about right for that neighborhood.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

the angry sex would be so good that it would just encourage me to do the dishes even less

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    do it online

only do it online

do nothing else except do it on line

this is the post office we're talking about

they cannot be relied upon to properly handle a piece of paper

Oh the irony.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »

the angry sex would be so good that it would just encourage me to do the dishes even less

Right?

I mean, threaten me with bad sex and I'll be motivated to do the dishes. Or at the least promise me good sex for completing chores.

"If that sink is empty there are some orgasms in your future."

The only problem here is if you can't actually follow up on it. Then it'll only work once.

• Options
    There was another note from Boy Housemate about lights being left on overnight when I came downstairs this morning. Chatted with Useless Housemate and we're fine as usual, which is fab! Discussed we'll have a chat all of us on Sunday.

Well I went downstairs a minute ago Useless Housemate has removed Boy Housemate's note and replaced it with a huge whiteboard note about not leaving notes because its immature and results in hostility and next time we should have a meeting rather than leaving notes.

This is, counter productive I think? Boy Housemate has not been able to talk to us which is why he's left notes. He's started his placement at 9am, finished at 5pm and started his bar staff job at 5:30pm and finished it at 1-2am. Thats why he's not been able to speak to us.

I am staying WELL out of this now, I am backing out before the shit truly hits the fan.

• Options
    There was another note from Boy Housemate about lights being left on overnight when I came downstairs this morning. Chatted with Useless Housemate and we're fine as usual, which is fab! Discussed we'll have a chat all of us on Sunday.

Well I went downstairs a minute ago Useless Housemate has removed Boy Housemate's note and replaced it with a huge whiteboard note about not leaving notes because its immature and results in hostility and next time we should have a meeting rather than leaving notes.

This is, counter productive I think? Boy Housemate has not been able to talk to us which is why he's left notes. He's started his placement at 9am, finished at 5pm and started his bar staff job at 5:30pm and finished it at 1-2am. Thats why he's not been able to speak to us.

I am staying WELL out of this now, I am backing out before the shit truly hits the fan.

Yeah. It seems like he has a legitimate reason why he's forced to use notes. But she's getting really passive aggressive really quickly. I'd just try to stay out of the way until the next meeting.

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »

Yeah. It seems like he has a legitimate reason why he's forced to use notes. But she's getting really passive aggressive really quickly. I'd just try to stay out of the way until the next meeting.

Definitely. I will be doing exactly that, you are right!

Oh lordy, this is getting silly.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Man I haven't checked Passive Aggressive Notes in forever

This is priceless

http://i.imgur.com/Qj4vSw4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IB2u8eK.jpg

Oooh I miss you Windy City.

holy shit fuck chigaco forever

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ok so this will require some small technical knowhow, but have you thought about wiring the lights to flash messages in morse?

OR you could rube goldberg your whole house, so when she enters the front door she's swept on a whirlwind ride of funnels and chutes and elevators and water tanks, only to pop out of the back door, where a small napkin is dangled in front of her. "Please do your dishes and turn off the lights. TIA!"

BAM how's THAT for passive-aggressive?

• Options
    Ahahaha

that is fantastic, I will start investigating how to set that up!!

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    LEGO Mindstorms forever.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Definitely. I will be doing exactly that, you are right!

Oh lordy, this is getting silly.

If you're feeling handy, grab a load of these and replace all the communal area's light-switches with them.

Then get used to carrying around a torch.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin