As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Extreme Makebrover: SE++ Edition

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    You guys are also talking pretty monochrome; something like a burgundy vest with a tweed suit is completely boss and doable.

sure, but again, the rest of the outfit has to go together and you're still going to look p victorian

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I got hella compliments on my suit yesterday, including several "you should dress like that all the time"s from my friends

If only I were capable of living my daily life without dropping or spilling things on myself...

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I just started looking at tweed blazers on Ebay and that was a mistake. There are so many, for so cheap, and I don't know what size I am right now

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I just started looking at tweed blazers on Ebay and that was a mistake. There are so many, for so cheap, and I don't know what size I am right now

Well if they're that cheap it sounds like you can buy a couple and find out!

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I think I actually look presentable for once in my life today and that's a pretty cool feeling. I should do this more often.

this is so important to me that if I argue with someone important in my life, I will usually go home, shower, dress up or down, and not go anywhere

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Um, how long has TJ Maxx had online shopping on their website and why was I not made aware of this? One more reason why I need a job like, yesterday.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Oh nooo that is so dangerous!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shopping news!

Almost every new shirt and dressand tunic this season is hihigh waisted.

Which is great for most people. Me? Well I could have found some amazing maternity clothes today.

Ugh. So pregnant looking.

On a positive note I picked up some perfume! Dita von Teese's rouge. Smells yum.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aw darn it.

I had a brain fart while trimming my beard this morning and buzzed a huge bit off that I didn't want to and it was basically unserviceable, so I've had to start over.

• Options
    Shopping news!

Almost every new shirt and dressand tunic this season is hihigh waisted.

Which is great for most people. Me? Well I could have found some amazing maternity clothes today.

Ugh. So pregnant looking.

On a positive note I picked up some perfume! Dita von Teese's rouge. Smells yum.

I hate empire waists so much for the same reason.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I think I'm giving up on that new skin care routine. Three weeks in and my face is possibly the worst it's ever been.

I think I'm just destined to have shit skin.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    empire waists are my best friend! they hide my stupid bulging tummy

some of them DO make it look a bit pregnanty but the boobs tend to alleviate that effect somewhat

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I'm giving up on that new skin care routine. Three weeks in and my face is possibly the worst it's ever been.

I think I'm just destined to have shit skin.

what routine were you trying?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    it might just be that I was wearing the absolute WRONG bra to go clothes trying on today. Although that was not even my intended outing today.

But I did find some that looked good on despite the bra and I can only imagine will look amazing on with the right bra.

This was one of them: http://www.citychic.com.au/BRODERIE-SWING-DRESS.aspx?p6183893&cr=2edw__022344

I can't find the other one.

• Options
    Man, just because the first thing you try doesn't work, it doesn't mean the next won't.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i am on the downswing of the rollercoaster that is the relationship i have with my hair long, as usually occurs in Fall. it's all wispy and annoying and refuses to stay put and sleek while i'm at work, plus it feels really severe to have it back in such a way that it feels appropriate and doesn't make me overheat (ie, bunned.) and i want to CHOP IT ALL OFF. i saw a customer with her sides shaved and long hair on top into a ponytail, and i'm tempted. i also haven't had a haircut in almost a year, so maybe i just need some professional intervention.
    that was a post courtesy of 3 in the morning grumbling.

ahava, isn't it amazing the difference the right/wrong undergarments make in an outfit? like architecture and having a strong foundation...

i am normally not a fan of ruffles on dresses, but the ones on there are minimal and kinda remind me of a ruffly tuxedo shirt. anyway, that is a cute retro-referencing dress without being kitschy, and a lovely color and print. i imagine it payed nicely off your skintone -- blues always seem to look particularly nice on dark-haired fair-skinned folk.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Pooks get an undercut this instant

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Undercuts for everyone

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    That is the only hair advice I give to people since getting one

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    @pooka: i think that's the nicest way I've ever heard myself described. dark-haired and fair-skinned. like snow white or something.

I love you for that.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Undercuts for everyone

Misread as uppercuts.

Hit agree anyway.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Guys I'm watching Drive right now and

well you've seen pics of me

can I rock a denim jacket

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Guys I'm watching Drive right now and

well you've seen pics of me

can I rock a denim jacket

I think we have brushed this topic under the exact same circumstances before

My vote is still yes

• Options
    Have we? I honestly don't recall

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    everybody asks that when watching drive

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    denim jackets are garbage

thats right america

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I had high hopes for getting my wardrobe updated this quarter, but between classes, surgery, and past-due rent I have next to nothing left for my hair and clothes

not that my money wasn't well-spent

but I have a shopping buddy picked out that shares a similar sense of style
    and then I have Becca for helping me shop outside my comfort zone

come February, I'm going to chomping at the bit for shopping

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Champing at the bit

• Options
    Whether she champs or chomps is between her and bits.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    denim jackets are garbage

thats right america

Aww c'mon, a little less hate for the Canadian tuxedo, okay?

• Options
    Y'know, growing up, I always heard it called a "Texas Tuxedo," but everyone else in the world seems to know it as the Canadian.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Not gonna be chomping on any of your bits, chumps

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MAYBE if you put on a dress, we could talk

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Re: Drive
    Refn explained that the stylized appearance of the film is in part due to his colour-blindness, as he can't see mid-colours.

As a colorblind dude I dig this a lot

• Options
    Maybe I could go as the Driver for Halloween
    I don't know if I could get the scorpion jacket but a denim one ain't too hard to come by, but the problem there is nobody will know right off who I am

• Options
    I knew I wasn't insane
    Have we? I honestly don't recall

bNPQye9.png

• Options
    whoooooaaaaaaaa

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Maybe I could go as the Driver for Halloween
    I don't know if I could get the scorpion jacket but a denim one ain't too hard to come by, but the problem there is nobody will know right off who I am

Just stare vacantly and take a full minute to respond whenever someone says something to you.

• Options
    You also cannot eat or drink anything the entire night

Unless you're with the woman of your dreams

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    You also cannot eat or drink anything the entire night

Unless you're with the woman of your dreams

Gonna be a long night for me then

This discussion has been closed.