Options

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    For vegetarian customers, House of Hardcore is proud to offer our Cactus Jack fire-grilled cactus sandwich

And because it isn't hardcore without blood, try a pitcher of our signature blood orange-infused red Sangria

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Fuck this. I'm going to the C&W Root Beer down the street.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzrNdUP6tNU

So, this is being proclaimed as a front-runner for MOTY.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    That doesn't surprise me. I'm planning on watching the whole show tomorrow. NJPW is just so fucking awesome right now.

And they made themselves even awesomer because the Young Bucks are making their NJPW debut in two weeks in the Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team tournament.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

Did you mean to write A&W? I had one of those around me a few years ago but I think it closed down.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I bought the comic mentioned in the article off of eBay, with the coordinates and the "I Am CHIKARA" sticker. It was cool stuff, and it gave us something to get signed at NYCC. Good stuff, looking forward to the 11/2 rally.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Did you mean to write A&W? I had one of those around me a few years ago but I think it closed down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.W._Anderson

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.W._Anderson

CW Anderson is still wrestling isn't he? Kinda sad he never made it big.

• Options
    HOLY SHIT SMACKDOWN SPOILERS
    Vickie and Maddox are out for an opening promo. I literally can't hear Vickie over the boos. Daniel Bryan interrupts and teases a Big Show arrival. The Rhodes Bros come out and all three are put into a match with the Shield later.

* The Wyatts v. Kofi & Miz. We get robbed of a full Wyatts entrance. Luke murders Kofi with a lariat for the win. Bray cuts a promo on Miz being afraid.

* Brie Bella v. AJ Lee. Not a bad match. Tamina and Nikki fight at ringside, creating the distraction for Bri to defeat AJ with the facebuster.

Big Show arrives through the crowd in a hoodie and gets in the ring. Show reveals he has filed a lawsuit against The Authority. Maddox & Vickie hit the ring. Maddox gets in Show's face and gets KOed. Show stares down Vickie and leaves.

* CM Punk v. Big E. Great match from both. Big E dominated with power moves and a half crab. Punk mounts a comeback and wins with the G2S. Heyman, Ryback, and Axel enter and cut a promo. They hit the ring to attack Punk, but Big E steps in the ring to a big pop and cleans house for Punk.

Josh Matthews interviews Del Rio. ADR calls Cena the ultimate gringo, Juanito, and soft. ADR slaps the cross arm breaker on Josh to prove what he can do to Cena's injured arm.

* The Real Americans v. The Usos. Cesaro does the swing on Jimmy (I think) for 27 seconds. Awesome. Los Matadores interrupt. Torito gores Zeb a couple times. The distraction allows the Usos to pick up the victory with the Superfly Splash.

* Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes & Goldust v. The Shield. Entertaining match throughout. Lots of great spots. Reigns accidentally spearing the ring steps, a double underhook superplex from Ambrose, Rollins powerbombing Cody from the apron into Goldust and over the announce table. The faces comeback and Bryan goes apeshit. Bryan pins Ambrose after the flying knee.

BIG E. LANGSTON FACE TURN

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    is that really a face turn necessarily or Langston just being a monster heel

gonna wait for some mic work before I'm convinced

either way I'm excited they are trying to get him over

Xehalus on
  • Options
    PWInsider reports that Hulk Hogan has not signed with TNA after all. Previous reports had claimed that Hogan had signed a new contract after WWE offered him less money than TNA, but this doesn't seem to be the case. That means that Hogan is still a free agent at the moment.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    IT'S HAPPENING

• Options
    Hogan would be crazy to go back to TNA

when he could make up the pay he gets at WWE with endorsements that would be guaranteed again if he's in the WWE main event

• Options
    edited October 2013
    and it does seem like WWE is putting some effort into making Smackdown just as good or better than Raw each week with the NFL season going

ramp up those Friday ratings

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    is that really a face turn necessarily or Langston just being a monster heel

gonna wait for some mic work before I'm convinced

either way I'm excited they are trying to get him over
    I wouldn't mind if it's a swerve and Langston ends up with Heyman's crew to be honest. Just give the man back the fucking 5 count gimmick please. Complain all you want about pavlovian chants but at least it equates to crowd heat.

• Options
    Plus I don't want Hogan making TNA suck more. I mean, it's still going to suck, but without him there it will be better. They kept having him steal people's heat for no fucking reason and it was awful.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

when he could make up the pay he gets at WWE with endorsements that would be guaranteed again if he's in the WWE main event

The benefit TNA has over WWE is creative control. He goes back to WWE, he's not going over somebody like say, Undertaker at Mania. But in TNA? Shit, the last time he was on TNA television, he was literally walking out of the company while the owner of the company was holding onto his legs begging him not to go.

kw9uTpG.jpg

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    THREE AINT ENOUGH MAN I NEED FIVE

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Fit Finlay's 16 month indy run after getting fired from WWE back in March of 2011 is generally considered a flop but man did he and Sami Callahan have a fantastic match at EVOLVE 9 which I just got in the mail from an ROHworld user. Wish WWE would let him wrestle once or twice a year.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Speaking of TNA, remember that time they had Angelina from Jersey Shore in the company for a bit? Apparently they paid her late. And by paid her late, I mean she had to actually call Dixie to remind her that she was owed a paycheck.

• Options
    I'd love an angle where Hogan turns Cesaro and Swagger face by showing them what Real Americans are

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzrNdUP6tNU

So, this is being proclaimed as a front-runner for MOTY.

Match was great but I'll never buy the Rainmaker as a devastating finish, no matter how many wrestlers the NJPW bookers feed it.

• Options
    I just want the Real Americans to break up because Swagger is jealous of how much more popular a foreigner is than him in American leading Cesaro to be ridiculously over as a face and giant swings for everybody.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I just want the Real Americans to break up because Swagger is jealous of how much more popular a foreigner is than him in American leading Cesaro to be ridiculously over as a face and giant swings for everybody.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it ends up happening. I'm also happy for a RA/Los Matadores feud because I'll get to see Claudio toss around cruiserweights again like he was back in Chikara.

• Options
    Before Cesaro becomes a face I want to see him vs Torito in a singles match.

• Options
    Before Cesaro becomes a face I want to see him vs Torito in a singles match.

That would be amazing.

• Options
    Oh crap I just realized
    Sailorswayze will literally be screaming for joy on Friday.

• Options
    Oh crap I just realized

Just because she can draw doesn't make her love of Big E more important or better than mine.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular

Oh crap I just realized

Just because she can draw doesn't make her love of Big E more important or better than mine.

No I'm pretty sure it does.

Sorry, man.

You're gonna have to have him after she's done.

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    That reminded me I could draw and also like wrestling and I could combine those two things, going to do a handful of these.

hIrOyM2.jpg

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    goldust___sith_lord_by_roselyne777-d6eg7ey.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    At this time, it appears that Hulk Hogan will re-sign with TNA Wrestling. TNA began airing advertisements for Bound for Glory that featured Hogan earlier this week.

Hogan reached out to WWE and they reportedly offered him less money than what TNA was willing to give him. According to sources, The Rock and Brock Lesnar make more in a match than what Hogan will make in a year at TNA. It appears that once Hogan found that out, that he made the call to stay with TNA.

"Well, I can't wrestle worth a crap, brother, and even if I tried, dude, I'd likely break a hip, homeslice. But I'm Hulk Hogan, man, and that means I should be making more money than anyone else in the business, guy, whether or not they can still bring it and I can't, pilgrim."
    I think my favorite part of the night was when D-Bry went into the trainers room and you can hear the Bella's yelling, but when D-Bry gets in and asks where Orton is they have no clue and then he jumps D-Bry from behind. How the fuck do they not know where Orton is?

I think the best part is how one (two? I forget) former Divas champions are still absolutely helpless in the face of one man attacking their loved ones.

I have to wonder what they would do in a situation like this if Kharma was still around. Course I picture Orton enters, the Bellas start screaming, D-Bry comes in and Kharma is standing there and Orton is just hanging through one of the false tiles in the ceiling.

Course the sad thing is she hasn't returned and I don't think I've heard anything of any possible hope of a return of Kharma :(

I would love that. Doesn't even have to be Kharma, just to see someone's legs sticking out of the wall or ceiling... especially if they were Orton's.
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore sounds like a BBQ restaurant

I could go for some hardcore ribs right about now.

The benefit TNA has over WWE is creative control. He goes back to WWE, he's not going over somebody like say, Undertaker at Mania. But in TNA? Shit, the last time he was on TNA television, he was literally walking out of the company while the owner of the company was holding onto his legs begging him not to go.

kw9uTpG.jpg

...I never knew the Hulkstache could fire lasers. Why isn't he doing that all the time?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    At this time, it appears that Hulk Hogan will re-sign with TNA Wrestling. TNA began airing advertisements for Bound for Glory that featured Hogan earlier this week.

Hogan reached out to WWE and they reportedly offered him less money than what TNA was willing to give him. According to sources, The Rock and Brock Lesnar make more in a match than what Hogan will make in a year at TNA. It appears that once Hogan found that out, that he made the call to stay with TNA.

"Well, I can't wrestle worth a crap, brother, and even if I tried, dude, I'd likely break a hip, homeslice. But I'm Hulk Hogan, man, and that means I should be making more money than anyone else in the business, guy, whether or not they can still bring it and I can't, pilgrim."
    I think my favorite part of the night was when D-Bry went into the trainers room and you can hear the Bella's yelling, but when D-Bry gets in and asks where Orton is they have no clue and then he jumps D-Bry from behind. How the fuck do they not know where Orton is?

I think the best part is how one (two? I forget) former Divas champions are still absolutely helpless in the face of one man attacking their loved ones.

I have to wonder what they would do in a situation like this if Kharma was still around. Course I picture Orton enters, the Bellas start screaming, D-Bry comes in and Kharma is standing there and Orton is just hanging through one of the false tiles in the ceiling.

Course the sad thing is she hasn't returned and I don't think I've heard anything of any possible hope of a return of Kharma :(

I would love that. Doesn't even have to be Kharma, just to see someone's legs sticking out of the wall or ceiling... especially if they were Orton's.

kw9uTpG.jpg

...I never knew the Hulkstache could fire lasers. Why isn't he doing that all the time?

Because, brother, the Hulkster only wants fair fights, dude, even though he could totally destroy his opponents with sizzling eyebeams, homeslice.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    Ended up doing one more today before I... go to sleep. Didn't mean for that to happen.

uA7zEFx.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

kw9uTpG.jpg

Because, brother, the Hulkster only wants fair fights, dude, even though he could totally destroy his opponents with sizzling eyebeams, homeslice.

Fair, shmair; I thought he was an authority figure now, anyway? Someone crosses him, he 'staches them. Simple.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    MikeLL wrote: »
    Ended up doing one more today before I... go to sleep. Didn't mean for that to happen.

uA7zEFx.jpg

Holy crap dude. These are awesome. You should tweet that to Punk.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
This discussion has been closed.