As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] TNA Bound For Bankruptcy

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    MikeLL wrote: »
    Ended up doing one more today before I... go to sleep. Didn't mean for that to happen.

uA7zEFx.jpg

Holy crap dude. These are awesome. You should tweet that to Punk.

Tweeted both at both, Goldust retweeted already!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Those are some awesome drawings!

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    That reminded me I could draw and also like wrestling and I could combine those two things, going to do a handful of these.

hIrOyM2.jpg

I know I am sort of on a Chikara bing lately...forgive me I fell down a rabbit hole, but man that drawing makes me want to see a PG version of Goldust over there after he finishes up with the WWE. I say after because I wouldnt take this current chance away from Dustin after all the dues he has paid for anything.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    One complaint about the drawing is the "Free" tattoo is upside down.

Otherwise it's great.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Ended up doing one more today before I... go to sleep. Didn't mean for that to happen.

uA7zEFx.jpg

Holy crap dude. These are awesome. You should tweet that to Punk.

Tweeted both at both, Goldust retweeted already!

I saw it on twitter this morning before I knew it was you! Shit's awesome, dude.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    During his appearance on the Steve Austin Podcast, Colt Cabana confirmed that he will be heading down to WWE NXT for a WWE announcing tryout. Cabana had been doing commentary in FCW when he was released by WWE in 2009.

He also confirmed that he's been in Los Angeles, doing motion capture for next year's WWE videogame.

Please Vince and HHH, sign Colt already and put him on TV again before it's too late. Cabana isn't a young kid anymore.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    He's great! So much personality, in-ring and out. Excellent promo work, great wrestling, huge fan base, merchandising machine.

They're just being stupid at this point.

• Options
    I'll even accept him as a commentator only.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I'd love for him to be a manager

maybe start a stable with Punk

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So I'm glad I bought that Kevin Steen: Hell Rising ROH DVD right when it came out because apparently the company can't sell it anymore do to Jim Cornette threatening to sue over what Steen said in the documentary portion.

If that's the case would I get in trouble for trying to sell the DVD on ebay? I legally paid for it after all.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    He's great! So much personality, in-ring and out. Excellent promo work, great wrestling, huge fan base, merchandising machine.

You'd almost think he'd be employed by one of, any of the three biggest companies in North America.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

You'd almost think he'd be employed by one of, any of the three biggest companies in North America.

I think he said he'd never work for ROH again. Have no idea why TNA never picked him up though.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I think getting fired from NXT and how shitty Cornette was to him and Sinclair buying RoH and changing it kind of soured him on corporations.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Punk, Bryan and Cabana Vs. the Wyatts?

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I think getting fired from NXT and how shitty Cornette was to him and Sinclair buying RoH and changing it kind of soured him on corporations.

Well he is doing work right now for WWE but that involves not dealing with a booking/creative team.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »

I think he said he'd never work for ROH again. Have no idea why TNA never picked him up though.

He had a dark match for TNA, but apparently they weren't that interested.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Punk, Big E. and Cabana Vs. the Wyatts?

• Options
    So the Raw rating on Monday was a solid improvement over last week so that's good, usually a lack of user comments hear translates to lower Nielson viewership I've noticed.

• Options
    not hard to compete with the Chargers and Colts I guess

one team should be in LA and the other is in a basketball state

• Options
    Wade Barrett has been stuck in England due to work visa issues, similar to what happened 3 years ago during the height of the Nexus angle. When he comes back I'd like to see him and Drew form a new team if they are still considering dropping McIntyre from the 3MB.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    According to Larry Zbyszko, a good portion of TNA's wrestlers (he says half, but that's hard to believe even for TNA) are on food stamps.

• Options
    So I'm glad I bought that Kevin Steen: Hell Rising ROH DVD right when it came out because apparently the company can't sell it anymore do to Jim Cornette threatening to sue over what Steen said in the documentary portion.

If that's the case would I get in trouble for trying to sell the DVD on ebay? I legally paid for it after all.

Considering that Jim Cornette spends all his free time shit talking about people in wrestling you think he'd have thick enough skin to take something thrown back at him.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

Considering that Jim Cornette spends all his free time shit talking about people in wrestling you think he'd have thick enough skin to take something thrown back at him.

Worse yet it's not even like Steen spent the entire documentary portion bashing Cornette. He did seem obviously pissed at times but consented that he'd love to see Jim come back to ROH as a heel manager only.

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    Re: those Smackdown spoilers
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    So Rey was supposed to be returning to the ring this week for WWE's Mexico tour but a WWE.com interview revealed that's probably not happening now.
    WWE.COM: Did you have surgery this time?

MYSTERIO: No, 2011 was my last surgery. What they did was they repaired the ACL and the [posterior cruciate ligament]. That’s when they realized that the inner part of my knee had no more cartilage. So, the inner part of my left knee is bone on bone, arthritic.

WWE.COM: Do you have a target date for your return to the squared circle?

MYSTERIO: With this new procedure, it’s been floating around in the air. There’s not that much time left before the end of the year. I’m hoping that either Thanksgiving comes a little early or Christmas comes a little early.

WWE.COM: With all of the injuries you’ve had, have you ever given thought to retiring?

MYSTERIO: No. I’m 39 years old and I know I’ve been doing this for quite some time, over two decades. Retirement is, for me, something that’ll be down the road, but not within the next two or three years. I feel like, with how medicine is evolving, something will be out there soon that can help you heal from arthritis. That might be what helps my longevity and pushes me to keep performing.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    @MikeLL

Amazing work my man, just amazing.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Man, Mysterio's been wrestling for 25 years already.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Wade Barrett has been stuck in England due to work visa issues, similar to what happened 3 years ago during the height of the Nexus angle. When he comes back I'd like to see him and Drew form a new team if they are still considering dropping McIntyre from the 3MB.

Always felt McIntyre was incredibly under used. He has good enough in ring ability, a great look and at least middling mic skills. Pairing him with Barret and pushing them hard would probably do good things for both. Give them Regal as a manager if you think they need a crutch in interviews until things get up and running.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'd love a United Kingdom heel stable. They could either harass or try to recruit Sheamus when he comes back too, and maybe to bring up Paige from NXT.

Maybe they could replace the real Americans if they decide to push Cesaro.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    So, it's a No-DQ <Teddy Long>Tag Team Match</Teddy Long> and you've got an extra man in your corner. Why aren't you charging the ring from the off?

Sometimes wrestling logic when it comes to match stipulations stretches my credulity too far. It needed to be No-DQ for the ending to work (and the ending was pretty dam ngood, don't get me wrong) but the rest of the match makes no sense in that context. It should have been a normal match, Ambrose interferes for the DQ, HHH comes out and makes it a no-DQ match,a anarchy ensues and then Big Show appears for the awesome.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I'd love a United Kingdom heel stable. They could either harass or try to recruit Sheamus when he comes back too, and maybe to bring up Paige from NXT.

Maybe they could replace the real Americans if they decide to push Cesaro.

They used that in WWE '12, with pretty much the actual roster we've been talking about here (Regal, Sheamus, Barrett, and MacIntyre). I always wondered why they didn't do it in the actual product. It'd still work, IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTuOxox4VyE

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Wonder if they still might turn Sheamus heel when he comes back. Personally I think he could still work as a face if they re-tweak his character.

• Options
    SanderJK wrote: »

Anything to get Layla on my t.v. as often as possible.

• Options
    Making Paige heel would be the kind of tone deaf move akin to turning having AJ get heel heat by calling the Total Divas out on their bullshit...so it'll likely happen.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I like to interpret Chris' post as the heel British stable having Layla in it and Paige shows up and is mad because Regal thinks Layla is better than her.

• Options
    I think everyone should be heel or face once

except Jericho

that man couldn't be face if he tried

• Options
    Jericho has had a few good face runs though I'm mostly posting as an excuse to remind everybody that the match he had in ECW against Pit Bull #2, Shane Douglas and Scorpio is great.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzrNdUP6tNU

So, this is being proclaimed as a front-runner for MOTY.

Watched this earlier today and it is awesome. The finishing sequence is phenomenal between these two. I enjoyed it, but it's not in my top five of the year. Which considering the matches we've had this year is a high goddamn bar. Shit, it might not even be in the top five NJPW matches of the year. Although certain determination of that would require watching their previous matches to determine which is best.

But seriously, if you like wrestling watch that match it's really good, that's just how awesome NJPW has been this year.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »

I would have liked to go to at least one of those shows but I live too far away.

This discussion has been closed.